[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would car traffic work on a Libertarian society? After the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: crash_chaos_32.jpg (131 KB, 673x700) Image search: [Google]
crash_chaos_32.jpg
131 KB, 673x700
How would car traffic work on a Libertarian society? After the abolition of victimless crimes and traffic tickets, I can only imagine a road chaos where everyone ignores red lights and multiple crashes as nobody respects preference on junctions.
>>
a libertarian society doesn't mean the abolition of laws you dumb fuck

it means that laws would be down to decentralised pockets of government (i.e states in the US), most of whom I can only assume will be smart enough to fucking implement traffic laws.
>>
This one we actually know what will happen. It turns out that people don't like crashing cars so they just drive respectfully.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/controlled-chaos-european-cities-do-away-with-traffic-signs-a-448747.html
>>
>>73972341
>self preservation goes out the window when the laws are gone
Maybe in monkey countries like Brazil...
>>
>>73972341
>Libertarian society
>public roads
>>
Libertariansim is so effective we would all have flying cars within 5 years. So it doesn't matter.
>>
>>73972341
>How would car traffic work on a Libertarian society? After the abolition of victimless crimes and traffic tickets, I can only imagine a road chaos where everyone ignores red lights and multiple crashes as nobody respects preference on junctions.

No one know for sure. If you owned a road and were charging people to use it and you wanted to maintain the quality and safety of the road for your own financial benefit, what would you do?
>>
>>73972341
In the most extreme form of libertarian society, all roads would be privately owned, and traffic laws would be replaced by a contract you agree to with the owner. So instead of tickets you have fees which can still be court enforced since libertarians fucking love contract law.
>>
>>73972341
So you posted a picture of traffic jams/accidents in a state society and say "LOL stupid libertardians"

OK
>>
>>73973128
>didn't even read the post
>>
Didn't you know? The kangs of Africa had a peaceful liberal society that almost had technology so advanced they were going to explore the universe before the evil white man showed up, enslaved them and stole all of their technology.
>>
>>73972492
I know libertarianism isn't anarchy, but several libertarians are against traffic tickets and "No victim - No crime" is something Libertarians spout on reddit.

>>73973000
>>73972711
Thank you guys for the only serious replies. I'd think that private owned roads might lead to oligopoly tough. Imagine if some guy owned all roads that go out of a town and began charging a 1000 toll for each car.
>>
>>73972341
You would use a helicopter instead
>>
>>73972341
Why does the peanut gallery always equate libertarianism with anarchy? It's the same as saying all left wing views are communist.
>>
>>73973293

There is a key difference between "not getting punished for speeding on an empty highway" and "blatantly ignoring a redlight and then causing a car crash".

You're conflating one with the other. Speed limits exist because stupid people are allowed to drive cars. Traffic lights exist in order to ensure an orderly and efficient flow of vehicles.
>>
>>73973293
>Thank you guys for the only serious replies. I'd think that private owned roads might lead to oligopoly tough. Imagine if some guy owned all roads that go out of a town and began charging a 1000 toll for each car.

Several things stop that, first of all people can compete and always build more roads. Secondly is that in a free market people can choose who they trade with and if monopolies occur which severely over price goods then people could boycott those goods and furthermore they could refuse to sell back to that business at fair prices. So far example a large freight company that needs to use roads a lot to ship goods could just say we're going to charge the road owner 5000% markup on delivering them goods. Same could be said for electric distributors who provide power for the road lights.

There's many ways that monopolies are avoided in the free market, with no government to ban discrimination, you could be as discriminating as you like, that's generally seen as one of the positive ways to curb bad social behaviour as well. If someone say murders another person then all the rational and moral people will stop selling goods and services to that person making their life impossible or miserable.
>>
File: you are to blame for this.jpg (37 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
you are to blame for this.jpg
37 KB, 500x459
>>73973278
I learned this and so much more on Tumblr. Can't believe all the lies we were 'taught' in school.
>>
>>73972341
You're confusing libertarian with anarchist
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.