[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish Genesis was literally true and the world was really 6,000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg (314 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg
314 KB, 1600x1200
I wish Genesis was literally true and the world was really 6,000 years old. Everything would make so much sense.

Too bad it isn't which is why I'm an depressed nihilistic atheist.
>>
you are god, flower is god, stone is god, everything is god
>>
>>73961322
The truth is so much more beautiful.
>>
>>73961322
>>
File: rkGE1QO.jpg (121 KB, 597x843) Image search: [Google]
rkGE1QO.jpg
121 KB, 597x843
>>73962794
t. black science man
>>
>>73962836
AND BLACK
>>
The funny thing is in the bible it doesn't say anywhere the Earth is 6000 years old. Also did Cain fuck Able? How did they even?
>>
>>73961322
The truth is better. Think about how much of an anomaly all of the universe is. We won't ever understand it. There is always going to be something new to discover.

Just remember that everything you do is an adventure and if it doesn't feel that way your doing it wrong
>>
>>73961322
>Too bad it isn't which is why I'm an depressed nihilistic atheist.

Does that mean you'd rather not be one? Then don't be one.

Why is the Bible taken so literally whtn it was written years, if not decades, after the events it describes (some of which are retellings of even older events)?

If you don't want to be an atheist nihilist, just read the Bible and take from it what you will. It's the Word of God sure, but it was filtered through his followers, who were pretty much ordinary men. Men make mistakes, maybe they forgot or misheard, or maybe even missed the whole point of what Jesus said and did.
>>
>>73961322
Actually...
Atheist Scientist Becomes Christian After Researching Evidence for God
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs
The video tells about how much closer to what actually happened Genesis is compared to other religions.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

Read Genesis and Holy Bible in general as a literature conveying Truth through metaphores that could be understood by people of its time and you'll see it's flawless.

In New Testament you have a hymn which is basically explaining superposition (quantum physics) through Greek indirect terms.

There is much more science in Word of God than we think, it's just you need to remember, the Truth was spoken to the people of its times - as such, many concepts we now understand, then had to be written indirectly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.