[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Socially Conservative and Economically Libertarian-Workable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Free Market.jpg (163 KB, 1300x746) Image search: [Google]
Free Market.jpg
163 KB, 1300x746
Is it possible to be very Conservative (e.g shutting down our borders to immigrants; segregating races;denying trannies rights; upholding traditional family values) and still advocate a free market?

It seems to me that when people say they're Libertarian, they mean both socially and economically. Can you be just a supporter of free markets without all the allowance of total social freedoms that a lot of Libertarians advocate?
>>
>>73900357
If the one selling the property only want to sell to a certain race then they're free to do so, it's their choice in a free market. And if someone doesn't want to serve trannies, they're free to do so as well. I do think that a strong border is fine for a free market, because just because the market is free, it doesn't mean that it extends to everyone outside of the market.

But you can't really be for governmental laws dictating who you're allowed to sell to and not, which is the only way to force segregation, and still talk of a free market.
>>
>>73901137
Well, okay, let me rephrase what I meant.

I meant having a majority white population by a significant percentage. I don't mean '1950's American segregation', I mean making my country majority white.

I don't hate other races-in fact I really like east-Asians, they're fairly based-but I still want my country to be mostly white with some Asians.
>>
>>73900357
Hello Pinochet.
>>
>>73901767
Well as I said I don't really think immigration policy has anything to do with the free market. That said, most libertarians I've met seem to be for more open borders, but obviously without welfare. I really really doubt that your fellow libertarians would be for deportations, because that sounds very un-liberty-ish
>>
>>73900357
Please explain EXACTLY what "fiscal liberalism" is.
>>
>>73902076
I suppose. I just want to reiterate that I am not a full-on Libertarian. I agree with cannabis legalisation, but I'm pretty Conservative in most other areas.

Yeah, a lot of free marketeers I've come across besides Stefan Molyneux have been annoyingly open borders, which is culturally and racially threatening to us Europeans.

>>73901933
I suppose so. He was a bit on the extreme side, though, senpai.
>>
>>73902872
If we really had no welfare and open borders I kind of doubt that we'd have wave after wave of muslims coming over. I'm not for this policy, just saying.
>>
>>73900357
No, because that would be hypocritical.
>>
>>73900357
Yes you can, just look at Japan.
>>
>>73903067
Prospectless men would still come in droves imply for a safety, white pussy, freedom to fuck about, alcohol, knocking up dumb white girls for citizenship. The welfare simply makes it easier. It's never going to stop just because you end your welfare state.
>>
>>73903131
Why would it be hypocritical? The government wouldn't be interfering in the markets or private ownership. They would just legislate social policy, like making transgender surgery on state-owned healthcare (aka the taxpayer's dime) illegal, and making gay marriage illegal.
Promoting traditional family values is not market interference either.
>>
>>73903472
>Libertarian society
>State-owned healthcare

wut?
>>
>aligning your views just to put a label on yourself

I see no problem with it
>>
>>73900357
No

Libertarianism is merely a justified greed and egocentrism. This must result in social disorder
>>
>>73904172
Not 'state-owned'. Sorry, my head is fried tonight.

I mean that I believe state healthcare should be available for those below a certain income, and transgender surgery would be illegal there. For anyone above a certain income, private healthcare would be the only option.
>>
>>73904707
That's not market run, because then the other hospitals couldn't compete for the low income demographic.
>>
>>73905081
I guess. But then, some people just genuinely cannot afford healthcare, no matter how low the price is. For example, they may be homeless and have no source of income. I think there should be a *small* safety net for those who are seriously disadvantaged.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.