[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEATH PENALTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>"the death penalty is barbaric!"
justice is retributive as well as correctional
>"criminals suffer more when they're FORCED to live!"
1. I thought these guys were against the retribution approach and 2 then why does every psycho try to dodge death row
>"they're crazy, therefore killing them is wrong"
An atrocious crime is inherently crazy, there is no such thing as a sane spree killer/kiddie rapist/etc. All that should be proven is that they weren't sleepwalking when they pulled the trigger.
>it costs so much more to kill them!
this is not a discussion about which option is cheaper, it is a discussion about whether people who commit irredeemably violent crimes should be culled from the population. If we'd stop putting the death penalty on every capital crime and reserved it for abominations like pic related it would go smoothly.
>"death penalty is racist"
I'll concede that this is actually true. When left to jury discretion, race and gender are a huge factor. Best solution is automatic death penalty for the crimes we're actually trying to reduce to zero--assasination, spree killing, etc. while taking it off the table for whodunits

Conversation over
>>
>>73864217
The only issue I have with it is the state's incompetence.

If we had a 100% accurate lie detector machine that works on everyone I'd support it.
>>
>>73864328
atleast in the US more people have been successfully removed from death row than from life imprisonment despite the same legal procedures required by both. If you are truly innocent and you want to be acquitted or have yoru sentence later overturned, you are better off being sentenced to death than setnenced to ife in prison.

Before you try to argue about how dying is so much worse than life in prison. You need to really examine the possibility of spending the rest of your life in prison versus dying, painlessly, 12 years from the sentencing date.
>>
>>73864328
You're absolutely right anon. I would not want the death penalty on the table for any whodunit like the OJ Simpson case.

But there is no case in modern history where a person was wrongly convicted of mass murder. To give someone who shot random innocents essentially the same sentence as a person who had a lapse in judgement during a crime of passion is injustice.
>>
>>73864217
The primary concern for me is cost. Our appeals system jacks up the cost of sentencing people to death to implausible levels. We need a one-appeal limit on death penalty sentences.
>>
>>73864217
If there's DNA evidence, and it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person did a heinous crime like terrorism then I'm for the death penalty for free people. When someone kills someone or violates (rape, using a person as a toilet, other shit like that) a person then that would be better to execute for general capital crimes. Makes it much more harder for the government to get the wrong guy, saves money, and keeps people safer.

Life sentences are bullshit though.
>>
>>73864949
*kills someone or violates a person while in prison
>>
>>73864217
>>"criminals suffer more when they're FORCED to live!"

But I believe this and think that prison should be retributive. Check mate retard. You deserve prison rape.
>>
>>73864675
Also true.

The death penalty should not be leveled at anyone worthy of an appeal, much less parole. The reason we have this cost problem is because the SCOTUS ruled jury discretion unconstitutional (because of pic related) and the states essentially imposed automatic sentences for 1st degree murder

Problem is that means a lot of relatable humans who committed shitty crimes but somehow make peace with themselves decide they have a case. But they should have gotten life imprisonment to begin with.

The penalty should be reserved for psychopaths who commit egregious crimes, and a one appeal limit would be perfect.
>>
>>73865078
>weedman leaf holds a retarded, naive opinion
Am I suprised? Prison rape is overblown, and people who commit heinous crimes are PC'd up to their nostrils.
>>
>>73865342
Prison rape is largely unreported. More men are raped in prison than free women, and it's on the rise.
>>
>>73864555
> Before you try to argue about how dying is so much worse than life in prison

This is really subjective, and since neither of us can really appreciate the severity of either fate (thankfully) it's not worth debating.

> atleast in the US more people have been successfully removed from death row than from life imprisonment despite the same legal procedures required by both.

This could be because the people who fight against wrongful conviction are disproportionately preoccupied by death row cases - because of the obvious urgency.

I don't have moral issue with it. There are certain crimes which I feel deserve execution. My only issue is trusting the state not to fuck it up and kill innocent people.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.