[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
March for $15, Millennials BTFO!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21
File: wendys.jpg (437 KB, 808x923) Image search: [Google]
wendys.jpg
437 KB, 808x923
They got their $15/hr, but it won't matter as they'll be replaced by machines anyway. Now they get nothing. Lesson learned..
>>
These kiosks have been talked about for 10 years.

When they are an actual widespread and common thing, cool. Until then, fuck off.
>>
>>73845313
Kek. You think these faggots will learn anything.
>>
>>73845313
im Tweeting for Twenty now.
>>
File: 1430888408522.jpg (136 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
1430888408522.jpg
136 KB, 500x555
>>73845313
Yeah no, you think this is going to stop them?

Now they're going to revolt. It will be taken as a sign that the rich are screwing them, and this will cause mass hysteria.
>>
File: 18162778.jpg (45 KB, 525x594) Image search: [Google]
18162778.jpg
45 KB, 525x594
>>73845313
>>
Will not matter. In 10 years we will all be living at home 24/7.

Wendy's kiosks BTFO (unless they offer Wendy's doubles with cheese by drone delivery).
>>
>>73845313
>When you see meatbags clamoring for their jobs
>>
>>73845313
I would prefer service by a kiosk than a nignog, but remains to be seen
>>
File: img_0274.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
img_0274.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>73845396

They're already widespread and common.

There isn't a McDonalds store, or a major supermarket in Australia that doesn't have them.

If a company wants to force the issue, they will.
>>
>>73845313
Kek finally my order wont be as fucked up as often now to replace the meal preppers too. By 2050 we'll have McDonalds machines in our garages and deportations canons where we fire illegals at enemy satellite stations.
>>
>>73845588
>you know by phone app drone burgers are next
>>
another push towards automation, which will lead to more joblessness and demand for basic income

good move in the long run
>>
>>73845667
Seems risky for actual object purchasing

I'd just go out the door with a full fucking cart with everything out of the box
>>
Why don't we just ban automation or punish companies that automate?
>>
>>73845667
They rather we force $15 so they have an excuse to use the kiosks then they fire them and make more profits than before. Lel 1% btfo sanderistas right? Failures.
>>
>>73845313
>Lesson learned..

That automation will replace jobs no matter the pay rate? If automation can replace labour it will at any payrate because no person can match the cents of power and minimal maintenance costs a machine takes to run.

Also: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-21/forcing-shoppers-to-self-checkout-risks-consumer-backlash/6636702
>>
>>73845313
was going to happen even with $15/hr.

Jobs that can be automated eventually will.
>>
>>73845800
They don't use them in nigger neighboorhoods often so you might not see one tyrone
>>
>>73845869
ah sheet dat is so racis
>>
>>73845800
They have someone watching to assist customers, cameras and loss prevention. But you might get away with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 354x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 354x476
>>73845929
Get him!
>>
>>73845822
>A young boosted armed unemployed under-educated millions of people.
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>73846144
>remove guns
>gib free shit
>use as indentured servant voting class
>>
Here's the thing though:

If minimum wage went down, would businesses really want to go back to poorly-paid employees than machines?

And if the machines were just waiting to be profitable to invest in, weren't these jobs on the line anyway for the day the tech became affordable to any business?

I think we're all missing the point here of the $15/hr wage stuff; it just sped up the inevitable, that the self-serving kiosks were going to eventually be more profitable than hiring humans. The wage increase is a minor thing, the real problem is how robots are going to replace jobs in all fields inevitably.
>>
>>73846250
So it's either Brave New World or 1984.

AFAIK not everyone needs to work to sustain society/mankind basic needs nowadays; but I have come to think work in itself is a basic need for mankind, what are you going to do with that much free time? jack off? it gets old.
>>
>>73846571
Oh wait nvm should have read the thread everyone mentioned that, ignore me.
>>
>>73845313
Didn't Jack in the box test these things like 7 years ago?
I remember each meal in your order got two free monster tacos if you used it.
>>
>>73845800
where do you live that these aren't in your local grocery stores? all but one manned checkout lane is open. the rest are self checkout, 6 in total. one cashier mans the 6 kiosks for issues and pseudo loss prevention. 2 employees and six kiosks replaced 12 traditional checkout lanes and employees.
>>
>>73846975
People walk out with groceries all the time
>>
most jobs (even good paying ones) will be automated within 50 years.

just hope you're prepared for the inevitable homeless rates to shoot up.
>>
File: 1329666201089.jpg (109 KB, 906x613) Image search: [Google]
1329666201089.jpg
109 KB, 906x613
>>73845313
>tfw you didn't buy WEN 3 years ago at 5$/share
>>
>>73845667
the hell's a "coles"?
>>
>>73847171
And just as it has countless times before, newer jobs we couldn't yet imagine will be created as we're freed of menial work and can explore more intellectually stimulating positions
>>
>>73845706
they actually have delivery-food apps in the Gulf
>>
>>73845396
>>73845313
will someone explain to me why self-service kiosks arent the norm?
literally could be saving store owner HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS after X amount of years in operation over what it costs to pay a retard to push buttons on a screen.
Why isnt this plan more accepted in all fast food places?
If i owned a mcdonalds or BK or TB, id spend whatever i could to replace my entire frontend staff with these
>>
>>73846975
>where do you live that these aren't in your local grocery stores?

tBh, imx they're usually in not-so-nice areas and suburbs.
>>
>>73845800
hell in the walmarts in Chicago have these.
CVS and Walgreens too.
>>
>>73845313
Automated Kiosks are a sham. What's stopping nigs from fucking with the machine until it breaks?
>>
You weren't supposed to make a career out of working these types of jobs. It was supposed to be a shitty job for shitty pay until you find something better. They fucked themselves now.
>>
>>73847545
Cameras and other employees?
>>
>Highly skilled automation tech
>Rubbing my greasy palms together
>>
>>73845827
>automation will replace jobs no matter the pay rate?
But that's wrong you turbo faglord.
There is a balance to be had between the cost to develop, produce, deploy, and maintain these kiosks as well as the public image that must be weighed against physical employees. And $15 minimum wage is beyond that tipping point.
The kiosks have existed and been possible for year but have not been widely used in America because the minimum wage was low enough that it was ultimately more cost effective to use brownies. Now it is not.
>>
>eating fast food
>ever

I really couldn't give a fuck if this idea sinks or swims. If it sinks, then it's a proven shit idea and nobody gets their $15/hr minimum. If it swims, then fast food prices go up and I get another reason to not eat fast food.

Suck my dick.
>>
>tfw within a few years when you're drunk at a fast food joint at 3am you'll have to make your order on a touch screen instead of talking to a fat black or hispanic woman
the end of an era
>>
>machines put everyone out of work
>no one can afford to buy anything
>companies go bankrupt

:^)
>>
>>73845667
Those are everywhere you stupid Koala.
>>
File: 1405831661306.png (40 KB, 376x388) Image search: [Google]
1405831661306.png
40 KB, 376x388
>"we need immigrants for jobs !"
>while unemployment is through the roof already
>while automation is looming around the corner
Why are our elites so fucking retarded ?
I mean, shitting up another country why not, but in their own backyard ?

Do they think their gated communities will hold forever, or that all their descendants will be able to live in one until the end of time ?
I mean, if we assume elites are impulsive retarded niggers living in the now it'd make sense, but you don't become an elite if you're like that, right ?
>>
>>73847706
So what is the tipping point? Because automated checkout systems were being installed even before this min wage shitstorm took off in the US. Machines cost cents, where people cost dollars, even with maintenance costs included. The only thing holding automated customer interactions back is the reliability of the systems. A problem that has been mostly solved recently as shown by the spread of automated checkouts.

There is a threshold where manned checkouts/customer service becomes more cost effective but that point is well below the US min wage, perhaps even below third world teir wages.
>>
>>73845667
These things give me anxiety
>>
>>73845313
>bad trade deals get rid of all the good manufacturing jobs
>should we do something?
>yeah lets force shit jobs to double their pay
>>
>>73848224
>bad trade deals get rid of all the good manufacturing jobs
>bad trade deals
for whom? the companies that outsourced/automated those jobs? Don't think so, again shit jobs are to keep people busy and in sheep-like state.
>>
>>73848101
its the voters that are retarded

notice you could elect an anti 3rd world immigration party ANY time.... but dont
>>
>>73847996
Survival of the fittest. If you can't make yourself indispensible and irreplaceable then you are obsolete and will be phased out of existence. Iron law of the free market. All that matters is your utility and worthiness to attract someone to buy you and own you. Human beings are nothing more than economic resources to be exploited and exterminated. If you don't agree, go join your commie buddies.
>>
>>73848364
duh

the companies own our politicians
>>
>>73845667
>Why do we need automation and outsourcing?

>oh because the global economy is competitive and we need to ensure corporate profits that will intrinsically benefit the entire country and appease the debt ridden mess created by central banks' currency manipulation all over the world...

When will we collectively realize the worthlessness of credit and paper money, return to living within our means and saving, end non white immigration, outsourcing, automation, return to self-sustaining economies and create a leisure workforce for ourselves with the means of production firmly in the hands of the people and global economic power removed from parasitic bankers and governments? We're only in this nightmare because we choose to be
>>
>>73848101
they don't have to worry about that. they can always move to israel.
>>
>>73848391
France is an oligarchy, the main parties do not differ on non-cosmetic issues.
You should be familiar with it since you're a fatistanian.
>>
>>73845667
I hate those god damn things, everyones always so fucking slow and retarded when scanning their own groceries its painful
>>
>>73848777
But Israƫl is about to collapse into a civil war due to, well, jews jewing jews. Along the growing arab population, of course.
This makes no sense.
>>
>>73845313

OH WOW YOU REPLACED 1 (ONE) FUCKING JOB WITH THESE RETARDED KIOSKS THAT WILL SLOW EVERYTHING DOWN AND RUIN THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. THESE THINGS AREN'T GOING TO BE MAKING YOUR FOOD FOR YOU.

I HOPE YOU LIKE WAITING TWICE AS LONG FORE YOUR SHIT YOU STUPID FUCKS. ONCE THEY SEE PROFITS GO DOWN BY CUSTOMERS WHO DON'T WANT TO FUCK WITH SCREENS THEY'LL HIRE THAT 1(ONE) PERSON RIGHT BACK.
>>
Make it a federal law to ban self serving kiosks to not disrupt the economy?
>>
File: 1333568629092.jpg (76 KB, 1181x897) Image search: [Google]
1333568629092.jpg
76 KB, 1181x897
>>73848949
>t. cashier cuck
>>
File: db.gif (77 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
db.gif
77 KB, 312x390
>>73845313
If a minimum wage isnt the solution then what is? Because i dont like the fact that our taxes subsidize these companies that wont pay a livable wage when all those minimum wage employees have to go on welfare. I think the only solution is a basic income.
>>
>>73848882
It's quite simple, really: inbreeding causing insanity.
>>
>>73845667
Have you not seen retards trying to use that? Imagine your business being hamstrung because you have 4 of these (probably $100k a pop) because two old women are chatting while trying to figure it out. It's like those coke machines with all the flavors that take about 3 minutes to get through 4 people
>>
>>73848452
>Survival of the fittest.
>Human beings are nothing more than economic resources
> go join your commie buddies

Spoken like a true Jew, you are not even trying to hide it.

>>73848485
Again there is a COMMON misconception of what the Gov. should do regarding economic stability of it's citizens, or rather it's well being.

Gov. SHOULD create meaningful jobs.
Gov. SHOULD regulate the economy in order to benefit it's citizens (greater good)
Gov. MUST regulate NATURAL MONOPOLIES in order to benefit it's citizens (greater good)
Gov. CAN and SHOULD take care of it's citizens health.
Gov. CAN and SHOULD educate it's citizens correctly.
Gov. CAN and SHOULD help it's citizens to achieve individual potential and expression and "independence" (No man is an island.)

Note that I'm speaking of citizens, not inhabitants.

The problem is that if someone ever said these things it would be marked as a pinko or traitor.
>>
>>73845663
I tried it out in Paris a couple years back. Not a bad system though a nog is by far faster assuming he's not complete mouth breather tier
>>
>>73845740
You sure we want to be moving towards basic income before we get close to achieving near post scarcity levels of automation? Shit could get ugly if the timing isn't right.
>>
>>73845802
Neo-luddite, yeah because that will end well
>>
>>73847434
Because they're not perfect, especially when it comes to reliability. Go into any Walmart with self-checkout. Usually, at least 1 of the machines are out of order and it costs hundreds to even send someone out to fix them.

Granted, if there was nothing but self-checkout it would probably be cost effective to replace all of the cashiers with one machine maintenance guy.
>>
>>73848452

You do realize if the markets shut down the first people dead would be the people who have the most.
>>
>>73849270
Those are baseless communist assertions, which your flag should make clear to all.
>>
>>73845802
Because other nations like China will refuse to do so and outcompete us in the long term. We'll stagnate while all the new capital floods them to invest.

If the people are inefficient, why even keep them around. Let them starve. Who cares?
>>
>>73849701
>The problem is that if someone ever said these things it would be marked as a pinko or traitor.
>The problem is that if someone ever said these things it would be marked as a pinko or traitor.
Like a clockwork.
>>
>>73846144
If there's a revolution, the counter revolution will overpower it and we'll have President for Life Trump. Sounds good me. Juntas are the ideal government type anyway.
>>
>>73847434
>>73849498
Pretty much every store I've gone to except CVS, Rite-Aid, Stater Bros, Vons, Walgreens, and small stores have self checkout.

Of course it seems like half the ones at Home Depot and some at Walmart don't take cash most of the time. Tried to buy something at Walmart but couldn't scan the sticker. The cashier had to enter it by hand too.
>>
>>73845802
Good luck with that. It's literally lets have the government force you to hire 20 people to move the shopping carts back and forth relay race style tier. And people will see it that way.

In fact it may actually be illegal to force companies to adopt policies for no reason other than to save jobs. I'm not sure though
>>
>>73845667
One of my local walmarts has nothing but self-checkouts and just two people lanes where only one is manned at all times.
>>
>>73845313
The two things collide. I don't wanna leave tips. I want implantable chips n sheit. I want Wall*e mother fuckers at the restaurants. Nigger we are talking mcdonalds types. The first ones who'd do anything cheaply or badly
>>
>>73849765
>In b4 protects me from the truth
>>
>>73848949
>THESE THINGS AREN'T GOING TO BE MAKING YOUR FOOD FOR YOU.

I have some news for you, Ronald.

https://archive.is/JBKCp
http://momentummachines.com/
>>
>>73845800
>>73845869
I think a local Walmart had some, but took them out. It is the Mexican area and I used to see police outside at least once a week.
>>
>>73849765
>it's a problem when pinko traitors are labeled as pinko traitors for saying pinko traitor ideas
No.
>>
>>73849083
or start euthanizing the poor
>>
>>73845313
Shouldn't they be doing this regardless of what there employees currently make?
>>
>>73849740
Speaking of China outcompeting us, they recently lifted the ban of human genetic engineering in babies.
Japan followed shortly after since they probably understand the not-so-longterm implications.
>>
>>73849598
You don't seem to grasp what a "market" is - it's just basic exchange between people with specialized skills that makes all parties with something to contribute better off for their capacity to specialize.
>>
>>73849985
>>73849701
>>73849913

>The problem is that if someone ever said these things it would be marked as a pinko or traitor without discussing the individual merits of those ideas AKA knee-jerking.
There fixed so that you can understand, if such thing is possible.
>>
>>73850001
>import retarded poor subhumans to raise tax base
>two decades later kill said tax base
I got it.
They're creating issues and work for themselves in the future on purpose, because they love to work and toil and fear a life of leisure.
All elites are basically germans.

There, the world make sense again.
>>
File: 170.png (454 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
170.png
454 KB, 1200x800
>>73847706
Workers in fast food here have been paid over $15 an hour for the best part of a decade, and it's still only McDonalds and supermarkets which have kiosks, as they do worldwide - even in places with shitty 3rd world minimum wages like the US and Canada.
>>
>>73848142
Well the tipping point will get lower as the technology improves so eventually it wont matter either way. But that's just end game capitalism for you. In the mean time we shouldn't be pushing min wage any higher than it needs to be in order to attract low skill high turnover workers looking for experience and/or some quick cash to invest in their future with.

We will eventually have to figure out what to do what automation really gets out of control though. Trump has the right idea to start though. Follow Hitlers lead and bring your nation together in strengthening it against the foreign hordes.
>>
20 year old working at fast food here
I work with a bunch of other ~20 year olds
I have only heard VOCAL opposition to minimum wage increases
Feels good to be in the south
>>
GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT

OH BOY MORE WELFARE BURDEN

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>73845544
It didn't work in the Industrial Revolution and it won't work now.
>>
SEIU protest against robots commence!

Y'all got punk'd
>>
so guys, at what point will the government start limiting the amount of automation a company can deploy at a given location? At some point we need people to have a salary to pay for products that companies make. if there is no one employed, then no one can get a salary to buy shit. Famine will drive people to riot and loot every market for food
>>
>>73850231
that's about $11 usd
>>
>>73850153
>planned economies work

human infallibility argument if everyone was perfect, errors didnt happen, and people were 100% altruistic and selfless then and only then that society will work.
>>
>>73845313
If all the min wage workers are replaced, who the fuck will be left to order fast food?
>>
>>73849498
>Usually, at least 1 of the machines are out of order and it costs hundreds to even send someone out to fix them.

You think Walmarts in a certain vicinity would work together to get someone trained to work on them. Hell, if they get them from other companies, Walmart should make their own.
>>
>>73850352
living wage, its the governments wet dream to have a populace sucking on its teat, completely dependent on it for everything
>>
>>73850606
until they catch on and overthrow the government.
>>
>>73850547
They might be some sort of non-proprietary shit and getting someone not licensed by the manufacturer to open them voids their warranty.
>>
It is a bit depressing to be served by machines though. Human interaction is fun sometimes and I think that if people have the choice between robo wendy or a human face at mcdonals then they will choose the latter.
>>
I know a chef who works there that makes $130,000 a year
>>
>>73849416
Why is basic income bad?
>>
so how long before skynet is brought online?
>>
>>73850477
> without discussing the individual merits of those ideas

>human infallibility argument if everyone was perfect, errors didnt happen,

But you are assuming you didn't make a mistake in this argument right?

Or that private business,schools,medics,etc are not humans and don't make mistakes just like you?

> and people were 100% altruistic and selfless then and only then that society will work.
They are not 100% altruistic, but most people don't like seeing other people actually starving suffering, for non altruistic reasons.
Most people have a conscience, else this show would have ended sooner rather than later.
>>
>>73850922
20~50 years at best.
>>
>>73850811
I recall a Carl's Jr. report stating that they believe millennials prefer not to interact with other people face to face, which is why they are pursuing automation to get rid of the human interaction.
>>
>>73847365
New jobs came because people were bored and had nothing to do. Now everybody can watch yt videos and chat with friends the whole day and not be bored. That way the human won't be innovative.
>>
Until we transition to robots doing literally every job that humans do this is how I see it

>5 to 15 years in the future, 40% or so of all labor jobs are obsolete
>Basic income is given to every person regardless of how much they make
>To the very rich it will be a drop in the bucket
>To the poor it is their only means of eating
>You start receiving basic income at 18 at as a parent you get more per kid
>As a single person with children you would make enough to live on your own in a semi low end life style
>you don't have to work but it will be seen as a stigma for just living off basic income like welfare is now
>institutions will be set up to find people better jobs and training for those jobs
>Tax breaks will be given to companies who use human workers too

Could it work?
>>
>>73850811

id choose the machine, id rather not see a black or hispanic if possible (i see enough already), and all fast food servers/windowmen are either or over here
>>
>>73848785
Why does nobody vote fn then? Because if some anti semitic remarks in the 90s?
You have yourselves to blame
>>
>>73850518
All the Boomers who will be working till their graves. The regulars.
>>
>>73851024
It's too far away right now but it would be neat if these kiosks projected a hologram of pic related that could generate some small talk
>>
>>73846144
The people screaming for $15 aren't armed. In fact, often within one Tweet of screaming for $15, there are two other Tweets demanding total disarmament of the American population.

I'm not even remotely worried about these cucks.
>>
>>73851185
no, capitalists don't give a fuck about you
and if you didn't know governments are just another arm of them
>>
>>73851185
>You start receiving basic income at 18 at as a parent you get more per kid

Might fix our birthrates, but would bring in another bloated generation of useless parasites. People would fuck like rabbits for that dole.
>>
>>73845667
This.

Every maccas in australia has self serve. Every major supermaret except aldi has self serve.

We have a higher minimum wage than america.
>>
The uncomfortable truth is: everyone bitches about losing these jobs.

But most people don't actually like anything about these jobs, either side of the interaction.

If people don't like it, why is it still a thing?
>>
>>73850352
In a world where most things are automatic, people will probably receive a liveable wage from the government. Of course that's probably not going to happen, the middle class will dissolve while the poor increases rapidly and the rich become a smaller but more powerful group.
>>
>>73851185
I think we will have a power based econ and public screenings/teaching for the demanding jobs that are left.

Maybe more on-the-job teaching (I don't like how academia is divorced with the industry)

>>73851557
>If people don't like it, why is it still a thing?
Capitalism, that's why. The only way to earn something is to work for it or own the means of production, and the later are finite and fixed (land).
>>
>>73847434
In stores it's pretty easy to steal. I've done it on accident. I didn't ring up some rolls I got in the bakery because I was busy scanning stuff. I got away without even trying. Imagine the loss stores would experience if everything was like that.
>>
>>73851741
You're absolutely dead on with this one. The best colleges to have attended in the USA when the market crashed in 07-08 were the ones with co-op programs built in to their degrees. Ex. Northeastern University does a 5 year bachelors, with two 6 month co-ops in the field of your study.
>>
>>73851529

Put a hard limit on it then. If they have too many kids, say 2+ then they will need a job.
>>
>>73850231
15 USD = 20.50 AUD

Do you see the problem? Do you see McDonald's paying 5 dollars more for some dumbass to flip a burger over?
>>
>>73851536

Yep. We have one of the highest minimum wages in the world, and we have adopted technology like paypass, and automated checkouts faster than any other country in the world.

There are 10x more Paywave terminals in Australia than the entire US and 4x more than the UK.

America is fucked. All those low-wage workers are going to end up unemployed.
>>
>>73851855
Fast food is different though. It's not just a self check out. You have to pay before your order even gets put in.
>>
>>73852119

Supermarkets and fast food places are just big vending machines now.
>>
>>73851557
>>73851741
Nearly anyone can go into business themselves and start their own. Its not magic of the rare and privileged few, its anyone goes. Most businesses are small businesses of one person, a janitorial service or a truck driving owner operator.

The sole reason very very VERY few people try to create their own business? Laziness. Pure and simple, weak willed laziness.

The socialist revolution, whereby workers can own the means of production, came and went countless decades ago. Turns out workers don't WANT the means of production. Its there if they ever want it, but they don't want a hand up, they want a hand out. PERIOD.
>>
>>73845667
Easy solution, ban all fast food kiosks.

b. sanders
>>
>>73852320

>Replace with online ordering on a smartphone like Dominos.

There will always be a way around it.
>>
>>73846799
Seven years ago the technology was less advanced and the public less accepting of touch screens.
>>
File: hes-watching-you-a.jpg (23 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
hes-watching-you-a.jpg
23 KB, 370x500
>>73845800
You can't do this at places like QuickChek. You order your food on a kiosk but you have to pay for your sandwich before they make it
>>
>>73845468
I'm going Thirsty for Thirty.
>>
>>73845313
The thing those retards don't realize, in the time it takes to get their $15, they could go through school and get a bachelor's degree. They're going to have to wait up to 6 years to reach $15/hour, that is if they're still working there.

If they're so poor, they'd basically get free college. I wouldn't doubt they could get enough money so they don't have to work.
>>
>>73852457
Pizza places all have online orders, it's roughly half the price if you order online too.

Five Guys, The Habit, and a few other burger places have online orders too.
>>
>>73845668
I would shoot someone for a McDonalds machine in my garage.
>>
>>73853116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYbxoKbxEo
>>
>>73845313
>eating fast food
>>
>>73845802
LOL people have had this retarded idea every few decades since the industrial revolution
>>
>>73847545
It's no different than ATMs. They'll work in good neighbourhoods and be smashed / missing in bad ones.
>>
>>73848634
Not until the end of the Kali Yuga.
>>
File: 1455855051102.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455855051102.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>73849270
It's abundantly clear that you're a fucking economically-illiterate retard. This probably has something to do with the fact that you live in the shit-hole that is Argentina. Enjoy your country populated with mentally-handicapped subhuman trash; I'm sure you fit right in.
>>
>>73853178
God bless America
>>
>>73845802
Ask Jagex how that worked out for RuneScape.
>>
>>73850889
m-muh i-incentive to work
>>
File: 1400473457109.png (427 KB, 1423x889) Image search: [Google]
1400473457109.png
427 KB, 1423x889
I can't wait. I hope they replace the cooks too. I dream of the day when I can order a burger without poor people touching my food.
>>
>>73850811

I would rather use a touch-screen every time.

>doesn't make smalltalk
>can't mishear me
>does not tell me "please hold" when I pull up to the ordering station
>>
>>73845588
> living at home 24/7
Well just kill me now sempai
>>
>>73851520

>capitalists will let the people starve because mass depopulation allows them to....
... ............ ....
... ... ....
... ........... ....
... ... ....
... ............ ....
>>
>>73848634
>ending automation

you're fucked already
>>
>>73845313
Good, it'll be nice to order a meal at these places when I have to every now and then and not have to deal with these mouth breathers.
>>
I won't use a kiosk. Why would I work for a fast food restaurant or a grocery store?
>>
>>73854630
just imagine it
custom burgers
ALWAYS exactly the same as the last time you ordered it
no fuck ups
no inconsistency
god, i cant wait
>>
>>73852855
Check'd

Im going funky for forty
>>
>>73845802
Please for the love of god be joking. Automation in an economy is always a good thing because it means you can put the resources, in this case the workers, to some other use in an economy. This whole idea that everyone is going to be jobless and be rioting in the streets because of automation is stupid. If the economy ever hit that point we'd be in a post scarcity economy anyways where jobs would no longer be necessary because it is impossible to make our economy anymore efficient than it is. I laugh at posts like yours because many people who make these types of posts will call out Bernie Sanders for not understanding basic economics when in reality you understand even less than he does.
>>
>>73845706
That's the most American thing I've ever heard of.
>>
>>73855840
>Kenya
Do you even have burger places there?
Video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LItNFP7icUw
>>
File: 1325205834302.jpg (30 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1325205834302.jpg
30 KB, 316x202
>>73856566
haha good one anon

įµįµ’įµˆ įµˆįµƒįµį¶° įµ—Ź°įµ‰ į¶œįµ˜į¶œįµ į¶ įµ˜į¶œįµį¶¦į¶°įµ įµįµ’įµˆ į¶ įµ’Ź³ įµįµƒįµį¶¦į¶°įµ įµįµ‰ įµ˜Ė¢įµ‰ įµ—Ź°įµ‰Ė¢įµ‰ Ė¢Ź°į¶¦įµ—įµ—Źø į¶œįµ’įµ˜į¶°įµ—Ź³į¶¦įµ‰Ė¢
įµįµ’įµˆ
įµˆįµƒįµį¶° Ź°į¶¦įµ
all fucking day with these stupid fucking jokes
stupid fucking retards actually thinking a nigger in a nigger country can use a computer fucking reeeeeeee
>>
>>73845802
Why not move on from craft based wages to a system that allows people survive without jobs?
>>
File: mcdonalds-kiosks-600.jpg (60 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-kiosks-600.jpg
60 KB, 600x387
It won't be long before all the fast food chains switch. Even rotten ronnies is moving in that direction. min wage workers think they had it hard before. It's a classic "Be careful what you wish for".
>>
>>73845667
Theres one thing that you forgot, the people that eat at fast food restaurants are retarded. When I was in school I worked at a grocery store that had self check out, thats when I lost faith in humanity. 1out of 5 people sorta new had to do it.
>>
>>73845313
Makes me happy. I don't need Larkiesha with her foot long hair, weave, gold tooth and neck tattoos handing me my burger. Or Troy, the methed out white boy who just got of prison on drug charges.
>>
>>73850244
>the tipping point will get lower as the technology improves so eventually it wont matter either way.

I am saying that point is already past us. Any job worked by a person in a first world nation becomes redundant the moment there is an automated alternative because wages are already above the point where changeover becomes attractive. The fixed cost of maintaining an automated solution is lower than even third world ultra-poor pay levels. There is no slow approach to a point of cost equity, the nature of automated solutions means the moment it is possible to replicate the activity using mechanised labour, all of those jobs are redundant, the only delay is the time to raise the high cost of initial installation.

Increasing min wage makes no difference, the motivation for changeover is already in place. If it will reduce costs the changeover will happen no matter how much it will reduce costs. The entire idea that increasing the min wage will somehow trigger a mass shift to automation is absurd.
>>
>>73845667

>PLEASE REMOVE ITEMS FROM BAGGING AREA
>PLEASE PLACE ITEMS IN BAGGING AREA
>PLEASE REMOVE ITEMS FROM BAGGING AREA
>A CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST HAS BEEN DISPATCHED TO ASSIST YOU
>>
>>73845667
Fun fact: the Coles machines are voiced by the lady who does all the Telstra announcements. You'll notice it next time you dial a wrong number.
>>
>>73858289

To clarify, I'm saying that this is what happens with the majority of consumers. Not myself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRO1xqZ9s0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilquuomTBkM

These two inventions when fully implemented will cause an employment crisis since most jobs are either retail or food service. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>73856039
Felling Nifty for Fifty
>>
>>73858385
that is annoying though. I was a cashier in high school and it's annoying to have to wait for it to detect the weight of the item before you scan something else.
>>
>>73845313
LOL. CanĀ“t wait for people not buying their shit because they want to actually be attended by someone. WENDYS BTFO
>>
File: 1461707811157.jpg (634 KB, 1427x1719) Image search: [Google]
1461707811157.jpg
634 KB, 1427x1719
>>73847434
The only issues at this point are making the computers easy enough for the retarded general population to use without error, and figuring out how to dispense products without dindus stealing everything.

If you've ever been to the inner city, the potential problems are very apparent. You'd have some she-boon screaming at the computer, holding up the line, and calling 911 because "they owe me a 4 piece nugget".

I've stood in line at self checkouts at supermarkets and watched people steal half of the items in their basket.

I'm guessing a lot of franchises in shitty areas will simply go under, which is a double kek. They're gonna lose their jobs and their only source of sustenance. I can't wait to see what the subject of the new protests will be.
>>
I've always wondered where they got $15 from. Did they have any data behind it, or did it just sound like a nice round number? I'm undecided on raising the minimum wage, but $15 has always felt steep.
>>
File: humanmasterrace.png (2 KB, 166x65) Image search: [Google]
humanmasterrace.png
2 KB, 166x65
>>73845313
I'm worried. Not for this specific instance, but what happens when robots keep replacing more and more jobs while the population continues to grow?
>>
File: Sanders Hypocrites.jpg (291 KB, 520x650) Image search: [Google]
Sanders Hypocrites.jpg
291 KB, 520x650
Things will only get worse for them if Clinton is elected. You kids will have no future.
>>
>>73851968
Tfw I meant 10 years ago was $15 an hour, casual Maccas workers get well over $20 an hour now
>>
>>73845396
The Mcdonalds over here in Calgary already have them setted up already.
>>
>>73862269

15-ish is where it'd be if the minimum wage was adjusted for inflation and indexed halfway to productivity.
>>
>>73846250
An American saying remove funs ok kys dude
>>
>>73846056
>we r anomalous
>>
>>73861421
I'd rather not be attented by a fat uppity bitch. If I want to be attented by people I don't go to a fast food restaurant.

Go Skynet, go!
>>
>>73845313
There is nothing stopping society from going fully automated, the age of the machines is upon us. Thanks Bernouts
>>
>>73855432
This.

It would be so much nicer to just tap in your order yourself and not have to try deciphering some cunt's broken English through a shitty speaker.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 478x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 478x308
These things have been common in every maccas Australia wide for awhile now.

Pretty gud, make any custom order you want and sit down and food is brought to you. 9/10.
>>
>>73845313

Fuck yes, maybe my orders will finally be right.
>>
File: tomanyjf.png (282 KB, 319x386) Image search: [Google]
tomanyjf.png
282 KB, 319x386
>>73854147
Maqqari please.
>>
wendys and mickey ds have to go bankrupt sooner or later

who the fuck eats there besides fat fucks, children, and retards?

and how long do those people typically live anyway?
>>
>>73863098
>fat fucks, children, and retards
So all Americans?
>>
>>73859250
Sexy for sixty
>>
>>73849270

Thing is, people are forgetting that basic sympathy is one of the founding pillars of a solid economy. I think it's a bit twisted that we've adopted this survival of the fittest and every man for himself ideology when all of history, communities that help each other out tended to thrive when there wasn't anything trying to kill them.
>>
>>73851968
Do you not realize that only worthless serfs actually eat McDonald's food, let alone treat it like an actual business? McDonald's actually created 100,000 new positions to be filled in 09' (height of the suicidal Recession's impact period), purely out of thin air. They did new hire drives like that (looking for 70k applicants! Now 3 months later we need 50k more!) for the better part of the hump between then and Occupy got started.

McDonalds is literally a stop-gap for our poorly managed welfare system, and you're taking the time and energy to take up for this chain of privatized welfare for the American structural underclass and some mickey mouse cultural imperialism, because.....fucking why?

You think money is an actual object to them? Its a financial commodity that is pegged to the hormone tampered livestock supply.

Even if it was, you care because you would suffer the loss and torment of not seeing McDonalds laying around anymore?

You must be some kind of fast food autistic whose narrow obsessive interests are about the issues at stake withfake burger meat supply chain drama, or the bickest cuckstrayan on the internet so far.
>>
>>73862471
Where?
>>
>>73858289
Does anybody know why that shit happens?
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.