[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is WW2 the more discussed and taught war in the US? Why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1442880261286.jpg (38 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1442880261286.jpg
38 KB, 500x405
Why is WW2 the more discussed and taught war in the US? Why is WW1 kind of pushed aside?
>>
>>73841373
Because ww2 is a bit more relevant and recent. It shaped the modern world.
>>
>>73841373
BECAUSE YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE 15 GORILLION WHO DIED BY THE EVIL NAZIS
>>
>>73841373
Funnily enough they no longer teach WWII in high schools anymore where I live, because it might be 'too violent' or some shit
>>
>>73841373
The same reason more people have seen Terminator 2 than the first one. T2 is just plain better.
>>
>>73841373
why are you such a faggot?
>>
No goybucks in WW1.
>>
They didn't really teach a lot about WWII outside of the holocaust in my school. I remember more about learning about WWI and reading All Quiet On the Western Front.
They teach a fucking lot about the holocaust. I had that shit shoved down my throat every year.
>>
>>73841373

Same here. Which is kind of strange because in a way WW2 was actually just WW1b
>>
>>73841924
Wonder why that is?
>>
Mostly because it paved the way for the Cold War and space race which gave birth to modern technology. It was because we Americans kicked so much ass in WW2 that we became the worlds super power. Shame that's all rapidly going downhill, thanks Jews
>>
I've been going through a podcast that covers WW1 in detail, and it definitely seems like a misstep to not cover WW1 before WW2.
>>
>>73841969
Europeans have a weird fixation on WW1, don't they?

Isn't that the reason they're kind of mad at EA for making the new Battlefield game about WW1?
>>
File: 5544_1a9e_500.jpg (88 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
5544_1a9e_500.jpg
88 KB, 500x614
>>73841373
>Why is WW1 kind of pushed aside?
Because it didn't bring anything new to the table. The strategy of "scorched earth" has been already perfected during the American Civil War. So all that's left for WW1 to remember are those fucking trenches and the rotten trench foot.

And then came WW2...
>>
It's easier to make a good vs. Bad dichotomy with WW2 than WW1
>>
>>73841668
This. The jews will never ever let anyone ever forget WWII.
>>
>>73841373
The good guys won WW1, the bad guys won WW2.
>>
>>73841373
Here in Australia it is WWI we focus on the most, WWII we go over briefly, with the"muh six gorillion" but after that it's just tossed aside.

Mostly cause WWI was the first real modern combat situation, it was also one of the biggest reasons WWII even happened in the first place.
>>
>>73841373
Trench warfare is lame that's why.
>>
>>73841373
BIplane in WW1, Flying Superfortress in WW2.
>>
>>73841736
I have lost all hope.
>>
>>73841373
Because the US lost to a bunch of lanky rice farmers
>>
File: d66.gif (583 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
d66.gif
583 KB, 500x416
>>73841736
>>
>>73841668
>>73842307
this is always the correct answer
>>
File: 08y.jpg (31 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
08y.jpg
31 KB, 500x406
>>73841924
American living in Canada here, can confirm.
We even had courses dedicated entirely to the Holocaust and other genocides i.e. Armenian and Yugoslavia's ethnic cleansing. That was high school.

In junior high, I remember days where we'd go to our next class and the class wasn't happening because this woman named Ms. Godman used to come in and do Holocaust lessons. It would be just at random, making our English, Biology, or whatever period she came in about the Holocaust while our normal teachers just kind of sat in the back of the room doing paperwork or reading a book. The memory that stuck out the most for me was when she gave us all a paper with questions on it like, "Its okay to not want to be near someone because of their looks." and other shit I don't remember and your only options were to pick 'yes' or 'no'.

At the end, she didn't even take our papers. She just stood in front of the room and said, "This quiz isn't graded. If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, you're prejudiced." I was like 12/13 at the time, so obviously it made me feel like shit about myself.

Oh, and for reference this was around 2002-2003.
>>
>>73841794
Under-rated post
>>
File: 149tpsd.jpg (66 KB, 497x344) Image search: [Google]
149tpsd.jpg
66 KB, 497x344
>>73841373

U.S. entered the war very late.

However it's a shame, because understanding WW1 is crucial to understanding WW2 and the modern world.

I also think it's a more interesting war in general.

Plus Teddy Roosevelt lost a kid there.

Also;

>Listening to a history podcast
>They're talking about Operation Michael
>Quotes a British historian who lists Operation Michael as perhaps the most intense series of battles in human history, rivaled only by actions on the Eastern Front in WW2 and....Iran vs Iraq

I still don't know anything of substance about that war. I wish there was more info for whitey to learn about it.
>>
>>73841489

WW1 had a bigger impact that WW2. WW2 was basically just a continuation and refinement of the first world war.
>>
>>73842290
Kal's a Jew.
>>
>>73842206

It had a culture/continent changing impact.

For everyone including America. Again, it's strange it's not covered in more detail, because WW1 was when the U.S. basically decided they were going to go full Globalist.

>>73842197

Blueprint For Armageddon?
>>
>>73841373
Because the Jews! God's chosen people! Never forget the 6 billion, goyim. The Nazis were evil!!! Hitler was a very bad goy.
>>
WWII is the one they need to lie about and with lies - the moment you stop telling them the truth begins to come out
>>
>>73841373

WWI was the defining conflict that shaped the modern world. It was the beginning of the end of Europe being the center of geopolitics. It mark the begining of the fall of the British, Germany, Russian and French Empires. In their ashes rose the American and Russian hegemonies (USSR).
>>
Because the joos.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.