[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Donald Trump be able to get a single thing done?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: post presidency trump.jpg (28 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
post presidency trump.jpg
28 KB, 361x361
Trump campaigns with big promises, but will he be able to fully realize any of these promises? It's fairly common knowledge that even Obama has resigned to just playing the "politics as usual" game after failing to unify congress behind his causes. What makes you think that congress is going to support anything Trump wants to do? This includes things that will harm their job stability.

He's aiming to be president, and every election cycle we learn that presidents don't actually have as much power as the illusion they try to set up during the campaign cycle. How can this dream actually be realized, /pol/? My faith is shaken looking at the bigger picture here.
>>
Yes if he can get around congress cock block.
>>
Probably not, we're too cucked.
>>
>>73819809
How exactly could this be done?
>>
>>73819618
Yes.
Politics is always about compromise. Look at obummer. He promised to get seven things done, four? got done. It's been a few months since I looked it up.
Somethings he says are impossible.
Somethings Sanders promises, are impossible.

All I care is the corrupt, grafter, war mongering, racist, liar Clinton doesn't make it into the white house. Aside from that, we could have a down syndrome panda bear for a president, and I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>73819618
Watch out Pierre, Trump already crushed one Canadian.
>>
>>73820562
Obama started with at least some of congress on his side in those compromises though. It's hardly a compromise when his positions are outnumbered so heavily.
>>
File: Trump-Wollman-Rink.jpg (95 KB, 768x476) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Wollman-Rink.jpg
95 KB, 768x476
You don't think he can?
>>
>>73820917
What, declare himself dictator? I don't think so.
>>
>>73819618
building the wall and ordering troops home to defend the border are things he can do as executive.
he'll deport a fuckton of illegals.
he'll make at least some progress on trade deal negotiations.
i doubt we'll see much change in monetary or fiscal policy.
>>
File: 1457142568423.jpg (19 KB, 462x465) Image search: [Google]
1457142568423.jpg
19 KB, 462x465
Maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes presidents who do nothing are better than ones that fund the wrong side of a war we shouldn't be involved in and trigger a war on an international scale.

We just need to vote out the incumbents and put people in power who agree with his plans.
>>
>>73819618

The president has a lot of control over foreign policy, the has been worked out politically since 2006, and the president already has the authority to ban Muslim immigration. That's enough for me.
>>
>>73820888
Most all republicans were TOLD to vote against everything Obama presented.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/republicans-had-it-in-for-obama-before-day-1/2012/08/10/0c96c7c8-e31f-11e1-ae7f-d2a13e249eb2_blog.html

Google is full of articles about it. I just grabbed the first one that was a news source.
What do you feel are his positions that are out numbered?
>>
>>73821863
>What do you feel are his positions that are out numbered?
- Wall
- Immediate deportation of undocumenteds
- Muslim immigration ban
- Disfavor of trade deals

Sure the other things like dismantling Obamacare align with ideas held by at least some non-fringe parts of congress, but these things? Really?
>>
>>73820063
Paul Ryan losing his seat would be a good start.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.