[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>google my name >see every single thing about me including
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 48
File: 1311093612267.png (102 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1311093612267.png
102 KB, 241x228
>google my name
>see every single thing about me including
>high school football team photos
>debate team photos
>my Facebook posts
>my social media accounts
>the one time I was in the news
I promptly deleted my shit

WHO /UNIQUENAME/ HERE???
>>
I did this once and a bunch of shit came up. Freaked me the fuck out. Immediately removed my name from the url of my facebook, deleted fuck tons of accounts, now, when you search me nothing related to me comes up, except a 48x48 thumbnail from some jokers Google+ because he has me in his circles.

Not a unique name though.
>>
File: fuck off normie.jpg (8 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
fuck off normie.jpg
8 KB, 150x144
>>73767199
>high school football team
Same here. Googled my name I was shocked to see my old Calvin Klein modeling portfolio, divorce paper with my ex who has a PhD in Quantum Physics and happens to work for NASA . Even more embarassing was the car accident history of my NIssan GTR. I hate the internet so much
>>
google my name, literaly 0. nothing. i have no facebook etc. i am not tagged on any photo from high school as far as i know etcc
>>
>>73767199
>Google my name
>LinkedIn and my bachelor's thesis

Oh no.
>>
>>73767199

I would NEVER google my own name and NEVER google the name of my ex-girlfriends.

Too afraid of what I could find...
>>
>google my name
>my father's criminal mugshots come up

sucks being a jr.
>>
>>73767199
>search my name
>nothing
mostly white dudes and a few blacks and NBA players for some reason.
>>
Am pajeet. Have common name. Am google proof.
Also, my digital persoanl footprint is very small. Relaized I needed to be low key
Only downside is that I get spamed a lot and Indian fucks keep trying to take over my gmail account as I have the original name
>>
File: 1462952894467.png (156 KB, 403x409) Image search: [Google]
1462952894467.png
156 KB, 403x409
I don't do anything in real life, know anyone in real life or have any social media so have no presence online
>>
>>73767423
Does your dad work for Nintendo?
>>
>google my name
>nothing about me comes up
>a guy with a very similar name comes up
My name is extremely unique too.
I could post my name and you'd probably never find any trace of me online. You'd just see some old ugly fuck.
>>
>>73767199
I google imaged myself and within the first few rows a m4 tank shows up

>tfw you have a Facebook
>tfw you haven't used it in 3 years
>>
>google my name
>distant relative with the same name as me comes up
>his facebook and all that shit

>meanwhile the only result for me is of a prize i won in high school for a work project I did

I guess it's not that bad.
>>
File: 1330285181255.jpg (56 KB, 413x570) Image search: [Google]
1330285181255.jpg
56 KB, 413x570
>having social media accounts

lel, just get the fuck out of here. This clearly isn't the place for you, dick-licker.
>>
>tfw last name is extremely common

google gives me nothing about me, though I don't have any social media anyway.
>>
>google name
>it's just a bunch of tweekers in prison clothing
>another is a doctor and country singer
I must bring honor to my name
>>
>google my name
>link to my bank account pops up
>pay denbts Kostas
>>
>>73768722
Would that old ugly fuck happen to be you/
>>
>tfw there is no trace of my existence anywhere on the internet
>>
>>73767423

You sound like a normie, how did you end up here?
>>
When I google my name there really is almost nothing to find about me, but I recently googled my email address and holy shit, there are hundreds of results. Traces everywhere, even stuff I'd find really embarrassing if people found out. Does anyone know how to get rid of some of the traces you have left behind? I'm especially worried, because I used the same email & password combinations on several sites and I want to fix that shit now.
>>
>google name
Just news articles on physics awards, math awards, debate awards, and other academic achievements
>>
Someone lives in my city with my same first and last name. He's like four years older than me.

I try to stay off the Internet. Thing is, those goddamn people finding websites have me on there. I try to delete my information from them, and before I know it I am right back up on it again. I don't think it's possible to stay off those.
>>
>>73768975
Now there is.
>>
File: 1416271387945.jpg (9 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1416271387945.jpg
9 KB, 200x194
>>73767199
Tyrese Biggums here, life is suffering
>>
>google my name
>it corrects me

Thank god. Besides, you can click on kikebook for your personal information not to come up in searches. No idea about other things.
>>
>>73767199
>tfw you have the same ****exact**** name as some famous git
>tfw your name is generic enough that even emails you have used have doppelgangers everywhere to dilute the trace

feels good to be the proverbial unknown unknown
>>
>>73768879
Post surname friend
>>
i scrubbed everything from the internet a couple years ago pertaining to my real name
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 261x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 261x218
>tfw name so common you couldn't even find me with a zip code added
>>
I have four mugshots
>>
>>73769319
>scrubbed
>from the internet
Hahah, look at this fag. Just because it does not show up at page one in google does not mean it disapeared.
>>
>>73767199

I type in my name and get a bunch of chav looking brats in the UK.
>>
>google one of my usernames that I used to use everywhere
>a bunch of old forum accounts, nothing embarrassing
>next page
>dozens of reviews for foot masseuses

It wasn't me, but fuck me if they don't know about my foot fetish.
>>
File: 1444371203283.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1444371203283.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>73767199
/uniquename/ here. I didn't get Internet until I was 14 so all my usernames were FirstNameLastName until I was like 23. Got into it with this gurl online who kept posting pictures of me on her FB. Cut ties, deleted everything, asked Google to removed dead links, the works.

>>73767199
>>73767330
It's not just search results, check out White Pages or other collection information collection sites that sell your data. My address, phone, siblings are still listed there and they ask you to send in ID just to get it removed. On top of that, they also get the info off your friends who sync their info to social media so they can "easily find friends". So if you have enough people who label you by your name, they can create a profile with your phone number, email, etc.
>>
File: [cant wake up].jpg (390 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
[cant wake up].jpg
390 KB, 1280x1556
>>73767199

>google my name
>no pics of me, just pics of random kids
>my name is not mentioned in any media
>no nothing

It's like i never existed. Feels weird man
>>
>>73769412
I have two but they are unfindable and I've spent hours and hours looking for them
>>
>>73769477
Checked my local whitepages, only my uncle and his ex-wife come up when you search my last name.
>>
>>73769477
Just checked White Pages again. They literally have info on everyone in my house, neat categorized info about my neighbors. Google Maps showing my exact house. If I was a stalker, this site's premium services would put me in heaven.
>>
>Google name
>hundred plus people with my name on Facebook alone
I had no idea my name was so common.
>>
>>73767199
I'm only online with my name written on my mothers obituary
>>
>>73767199
I've got an old twitter account from 2009 that i have no longer access to that links my old username i used for everything to my real name. I've tried so hard to remove it but twitter won't. :(
>>
File: 144983698477.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
144983698477.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
>>73767199
I-I'm afraid of doing it
>>
>>73769074
Ok Ahmed.
>>
>>73767199
First and only result for my name is my MsC thesis.
>>
>Google my name
>nothing
>Google my name and town
>a newspaper article about some art thing I took pictures for in high school
>even searched online aliases to see if they link back to my name
>nothing

You kids suck at keeping your information private, no wonder you get fired for saying nigger all the time
>>
Well at least you don't share your damn name with a Registered Sex Offender.
>>
File: 1456890145227.png (42 KB, 235x84) Image search: [Google]
1456890145227.png
42 KB, 235x84
>>73767199
>mfw I have the same name as a christian African man
>>
>>73767199
>google name
>criminal record long af
>degenerate dating sites
>gaming accounts
>entire blogs of drunk rambling about my ex girlfriend
>pictures of me partying
>strippers
>liquor bottles
>drugs

Kill me now.
Is there a way to get rid of this shit?
>>
>unique name
>google it
>only work-related shit comes up because i'm not a total dumbass
>>
>>73770721
I wasen't in the mess that you are in but i had a lot of embrassining shit. Just delete your accounts on those websites and if you can't request to the website to delete your account and change your allias username for future.
>>
>>73770721
At the very least my recent exploit-ables are turning out to be more professional looking so there is a sign that I'm turning my shit around in a big way.
>>
>>73770459
If I search for my nicks I find some slashdot posts, and irc logs from years ago.
But nothing that links to me as far as I can tell.
I'm thinking of getting new online identities.
I've been using these for 10 years now.
>>
>>73767199
Create fake profiles in your name and lpta of different spcial media sites that you cultivate with pictures of other people, so that when you search your unique name, it is overwhelmed by pictures of other people and fake profiles of people other than you that you can disappear into.
>>
I don't engage in social activities so there are is nothing about me in the internet.
>>
>googled my name
>fat scientist and bunch of Chad looking dudes
>I finally found myself on page 31
>>
>>73770721
Kind of.

You need to change your goybook settings to private & only use other social media sites as sock puppet accounts
>>
My name is common over in quebec, no worries here
>>
Some famous guy in a southern state has my name and has a stadium built in his name. I'm safe.
>>
File: 1367320730045.jpg (32 KB, 296x288) Image search: [Google]
1367320730045.jpg
32 KB, 296x288
>>73767199
>used to think unique names were cool
>now hate the fact that I have one
>have to constantly take caution with public facing websites so im not insta-googled
>normies with common names can just fuck around posting their real identity everywhere without a care in the world

Its not right
>>
>>73771438
10 Years ago when i was a kid i use to post my shit everywhere, took me years to clean most of that shit of the net, and there is still stuff floating around, just because i have a unique name :(
>>
>>73771438
Never use real name online if you can avoid it.
>>
File: 1445457292667.jpg (96 KB, 374x393) Image search: [Google]
1445457292667.jpg
96 KB, 374x393
One of the good things that came with the EU:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten
>>
>>73771634
Why do people do this?
I first went online in 1998.
I was around 13 at the time.
Every single account I made used a fake name, email, and address.
Maybe it's because I grew up in a third world country where we pirated every single piece of software?
Or maybe I was just more paranoid than the average kid.
>>
>>73771803
I was born in 1994, when i first used the internet i didn't know better.

When/if i have children I'll make sure they use a different last name online since mine is super unique.
>>
>>73771704
its harder these days with shipping and/or payment.
Some websites expect your name to match.
Luckily i havent noticed anything leaking beyond the private interface but its always a risk.

Ive kept real identity off social media. Seriously considering just changing my name one day to something that has millions of facebook accounts.
>>
>>73771888
It sucks that many of the online email places like google, windows mail, yahoo etc now require a phone number to create accounts.
I'm thinking of getting a burner phone just to make new accounts.
Never thought I would have to go to this level of paranoia.
>>
>>73771975
Changing your name is very annoying to do. Most likely nothing bad will occur from your name being everywhere, it's just a risk.
>>
>>73771975
This is true.
I kind of assume that shopping websites will be at least somewhat careful with user info.
Although they can be hacked etc.
When there is money involved it's hard to use fake name/email/address.
The good thing is that those accounts usually aren't used for or tied to social media.
>>
>>73772020
For Google they're secure, so your shit won't leak.

I couldn't care if Google has my number, they have their OS on my phone, they can get my number if they wanted too.
>>
>>73772143
As far as google and the NSA, anyone who uses the internet in a normal manner is pretty much fucked.

Have to go off grid if you dont want them knowing who you are.

Of course the plebs are fine giving away all their liberties. They are going to be in for a rude awakening if some dictator gets in charge and decides to start selectively exterminating people using databases and other intelligence toys.
>>
>>73772399
I'm quite worried about the future of the internet.

I'm worried it will end up being a all Google monopoly, or a Google, Facebook oligopoly, or something like that.
>>
Approx. 2003 I began regular, aggressive searches for myself. My name is, literally, unique on a planet of almost 8 billion humans. I've never run across an occurrence of my name, or even a similar one, in all of human history.

About twice a year I find what I can, and then (in most cases) contact the various websites and get references about me scrubbed. I leave a few in place that represent some of my professional work (I'm cited as a participant & research associate on several scientific research papers, for example).

Also, when I see incorrect information about me, I take notes and often leave it in place, then use the incorrect info to reseed it and pollute the data stream on me. My actual age is now a range of possibilities that cover about 7 years, there are old phone numbers & addresses that were never true, and I leave them be & reuse them as appropriate.

13 years I've been at it. There are no social media hits for my real name now. No facepage, google+, twatter, geocities, etc. etc. Even wiped my Deviant Art page from the Internet; now only one with an alias is remaining. No high school info is generally available, you need unusual access to turn that shit up any more. I had several meetings with my high school administration (and university) to accomplish that. All I had to do was show them how unique my name was and the dangerous shit associated with it, then told them about liability and the impending lawsuits. Shit got cleaned up fast.

It's a lifetime project, but at least I'm pretty much on top of it now. All the old references from the beginnings of the Internet are gone, even old usenet posts that haunted me for years. These days I only have to get one or two references removed per year that I don't want out there.

People used to call me crazy. They are usually people with names like John Smith who have never been stalked and unable to hide from people who are actively trying to harm you. Last few years now, folks call me a prophet.
>>
>tfw literally the only person on the planet with my full name other than my grandpa

I fucking hate it
>>
>>73772634
Have you got any experience in taking down old twitter profiles you can't get into? I've had a really old one floating around that connect my alias with my real name and i want it gone but can't get it removed.

Got any tips?
>>
>google name
>link to my results at national exams in 9th and 12th grade
>that's it
Bretty gud.
>>
>>73772562
If microsoft, google, facebook and apple were to merge, it would pretty much be the NWO, at least in English speaking countries.
>>
>google account
>whitepages listing
That's it. Whitepages listing is enough to find my address and several people in my family though.
>>
>>73770816

I tried that. Some sites still come up on a google search even after you change your user name. I haven't used the sites in years but a couple are embarrassing. Also Youtube doesn't let you change your username without deleting the whole account. I just want to change the username so it doesn't come up in a search.
>>
File: 1456871638393.jpg (109 KB, 413x499) Image search: [Google]
1456871638393.jpg
109 KB, 413x499
>>73767199
>technologyfags will defend this
>>
>>73768698
It's funny, people who spend more time outside have a bigger presence online than those that live online.
>>
>>73773307
In my experience it takes about one month for that shit to get off Google. If it takes more than that then idk wtf is going on.
>>
>>73772771

Can't help with twitter. That came along after I'd already figured out how fucking stupid and dangerous the whole social media thing is, so I never even started that. I only check it now to make sure nobody is impersonating me. And, yeah, there is one douchebag who has been doing shit like that to me for years now.

Generally, my experiences have been with Facebook, and (again) my experience isn't up-to-date. During one of their many policy updates, back in 2009/2010 I decided I no longer agreed with the Terms Of Service. So, I spent about two years regularly contacting them and telling them to fucking delete my info. There were several lawsuits in my favor, and I cited them, where DELETE fucking means DELETE. And, Facebook lost several of those lawsuits (especially in Europe) where they tried to retain data on former users, and they lost International court cases for invasion of privacy.

- read the TOS carefully and in full detail.

- when making a new account, MAKE COPIES of all the rules, FAQs, TOS in effect the day you sign up, and make sure you understand them.

- when TOS changes, you can (often) use that as leverage to opt out of the entire service

- NEVER lose your access to accounts you create; always maintain valid emails & login requirements

- when signing up, always use absolute minimum info required, pollute it as much as you can (I use several fake birth dates, record which ones for which accounts, and often use only my initials for my name, as examples)

When getting rid of old accounts, first log in and remove everything you have access to. Change info to invalid & polluted data as much as possible. WAIT 6-8 weeks for it to migrate through all their databases.

THEN delete the account. Keep info on the account, because you will probably have to contact the site directly several times to make them delete everything that persists.

Stay polite. You get more cooperation. Lie: tell them you are being stalked. Mention liability. A lot.
>>
>>73773678
Okay thanks for that, just wrote a email to twitter with those tips just then. I've emailed them about a dozen times saying other shit but i reckon the stalking thing will work.
>>
>>73767199
>Google name
>Hockey players, businessmen, and literally who's
>Not a single picture of myself
F-Fuck yeah...
>>
File: 1344876882556.jpg (9 KB, 124x126) Image search: [Google]
1344876882556.jpg
9 KB, 124x126
>>73767641
>>
>>73774205
fuck was meant for >>73768540
>>
>>73773590

I changed the username 3 years ago at least but the posts on those sites still come up when you search the old username. The new username will show but it's cached somehow by the sites and Google to show up in searches of the old user name. There's no way to delete all the posts. I don't care but I was stalked a few years ago.
>>
>>73773887

Luck to you, mate.

Have patience. You may have to keep at it for a year or so, but play it smart & cool. Eventually you should be able to get most (and maybe all) of it cleaned.

Put back a pint or two once a month and spend a couple hours getting creative with searches. Consider it an investment.

Over time you'll find all the sites that have any of the info mirrored. Methodically copy. bookmark, and then contact the sites and give them whatever sad story about your stalker you develop. Get creative, but don't get too cute. Keep it real.

In my case (which happens to be true), I live in the U.S. and the guy harassing me lives in Europe. That helps a lot because he moves around and uses proxies, so I don't have to get into details about which provider or IP he uses. I just tell whoever I need to that he's a former business partner who is trying to damage me out of malice & bad blood, and then demonstrate just how unique my name is and how damaging it is. I almost always get sympathy & cooperation.

Also, I'm lucky in that I managed to get most of the heavy lifting done during & before 2010. It's more of a maintenance project these days, which I'm thankful for. The Internet & social media cancer since 2010 have really grown about two magnitudes worse than they ever were prior to that.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 720x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 720x390
>look up my gamer tag
I promptly deleted everything. EVERYTHING
>>
File: Neo dodges the bullet.gif (493 KB, 500x190) Image search: [Google]
Neo dodges the bullet.gif
493 KB, 500x190
>>73767199

>popular social media platform in my high school was bebo
>won lots of awards in high school but the newspaper it was reported in is too small to be relevant in search results
>only thing that's up there now is my token, unused, Facebook account and professional stuff
>all of my degenerate bullshit has been on 4chan since 2008
>on other websites I used false names
>>
>>73767423
Pfffft this faggot doesn't even work for Wendy's.
>>
>>73767199
>have unique name
>google myself occasionally
>nothing

You can find more about me with my handle than with my name desu
>>
File: 1418309521876.jpg (29 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1418309521876.jpg
29 KB, 400x396
>mfw there are 5 people in this country with the same name as me

I couldnt find a single thing about me after googling my name and looking through 5 pages
>>
>>73767199
>google my name
>its a prisoners in arizona federal penetentiary
>>
this is mostly me being paranoid, but say your OS or device or software or search engine or whatever is the most popular, and with people being increasingly irresponsible with their personal info, wouldn't politics be really easy for you? say google drops all the shit it has on Trump (there must be some), wouldn't the general public favour shift to other candidates?
Like I genuinly believe information is the biggest power a person can obtain, long past money.
Whoever has a monopoly on information, as long as people give a shit about strangers, will rule society.
>inb4 bait
>>
>>73774669
also,
>inb4 sweeden YES
my carrier is swedish, im lithuanian
>>
>>73767199
Me. I saw some shit come up for some videogame charter i signed back in the day
when I was applying for jobs.
They had no option or contact to remove your name so I used the tool at the bottom of
the search page to highlight and tell them that and it no longer comes up.
>>
My exact name when Google is the same as a single bloke from the USA.
He looks a bit like me too (and is more successful), so I don't mind so much.
>>
>>73769477
goddamn that white pages, fucking hell. i deleted my facebook 6 years ago, and whitepages still has all my shit fucking hell.
>>
>>73767199
Never had a FB, Twitter or any other social media account. Always been paranoid about Internet privacy. Google me and you get others with my name. Nothing on me for pages. Pretty comfy
>>
>>73770459
did you check whitepages? pretty sure you're on there.
>>
>google my name
>LinkedIn
>some sports clubs I attended
>vacation photos without my face
Meh
>>
>>73771888
man you are lucky as fuck and you dont even know it.
im only 5 years older than you, and even I know that you went to high school at the perfect time.
cuz it was a time when smartphones were new and rarely seen unless you were rich or midddle class.
so you couldve used them covertly on in-class tests and shit.
you know how much a smartphone wouldve helped me cheat in high school?
fuck!
all we had were flip phones.
>>
File: 1418278642197.jpg (49 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1418278642197.jpg
49 KB, 550x535
>>73767199

>Google a friend from college
>Mugshots come up
>>
File: 1461894085906.jpg (115 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1461894085906.jpg
115 KB, 900x600
>>73767199
>work at a typical startup in SF
>shooting the shit with my cuck-workers
>guy starts going on about Destiny
>give him my psn ID so we can play together
>psn ID is the same as my steam name
>steam avatar is a loli ahegao-ing with a peace sign
>steam profile belongs /pol/ and gas the kikes race war now groups
>/pol/acks commenting about niggers and shitskins

Never mix the internet and meatspace
>>
>Google my name
>A bunch of older people in suits from the Midwest who look like lawyers, doctors, or small town mayors.
>Nothing on me.
>Name isn't even common.
>>
>>73767199

There's no excuse for having a large internet footprint. Anons should know better. Any of you who have a Facebook account just kill yourself now, faggots.

When you search the internet for your name, nothing should come up. If it does, get it deleted. If you can't, threaten the fucker who put it up. Same with your email address - change it if it comes up in a search with any identifying information.
>>
I've always avoided giving my real details out when I can. Fake names, addresses, etc. I avoid social networks like the plague. Terrified over how fucking easy is to find info on people. No trace of me in the internet (as far as I'm aware).
>>
2 correct results on 3 google-sites.
Both 404 or no openly visible content.
wew
>>
I have a unique name but luckily there is almost no personal info on google about me. I've kept my personal life pretty private.
>>
>no social media
>use a false name whenever I absolutely have to register somewhere

0 hits on me if you google my name.
>>
File: 1462567753724.png (209 KB, 460x348) Image search: [Google]
1462567753724.png
209 KB, 460x348
>tfw ungoogleable
>>
Have any of you encountered people who just can't even comprehend how you're not on facebook?

"How can you NOT have a face book?! How do you talk to people without a Facebook?"

Err..
>>
Yeah , some stuff comes up when I google my name. Nothing I wouldn't want online though.

So someone has access to your highschool photos. So what? Don't put addresses and personal shit online and you're set
>>
>>73776057
Okay never mind, just found a whole bunch of personal info about myself, and all of my papers, on university site. That's not right
>>
>>73767199
>google my name
>two decades of mugshot photos come up along with an article about 'career criminals who fall through the cracks of justice by working an antiquated system'

And here I thought I was staying off the radar by not participating in social media. Jesus wept.
>>
>Common first and last name
>Never used social media
>Searching on Google only gives a bunch of people who aren't me
>>
Only my old MySpace from what, 15 years ago with one picture. Rest is all the same two people with the same name. It's really uncommon but one of them has a lot of results because of model airplane stuff.
>>
File: 20160512_062932.jpg (387 KB, 1372x938) Image search: [Google]
20160512_062932.jpg
387 KB, 1372x938
>Google my name
>Photography guy in commiefornia
>Find a complaint about him
>Pic related
>>
When you google my name, the results are polluted with like a half dozen rednecks by the same name who have Twitter, Facebook, etc

One photo of me pops up when you google me, from my old schools website

My old online handle has two references to my first name only, and even if someone knew my old handle, nothing incriminating shows up, just like one or two video game forum related stuff

Am I lucky?
>>
apparently theres someone with my exact name and age in spring lake IN, but as I've never had a facebook,twitter,myspace etc. nothing else really comes up

People always told me to keep my personal shit off the internet, I see no reason to change that now.
>>
>>73776183
Holy shit this is creepy. Found a site with just five pages and a front page. One if the pages is all about me. My birth date, photo, social media links, my old phone number, my height, approximate weight, city of residence.

3 other pages of girls I went to school with with all that info as well, and a 4th girl I don't know.

Guys I'm scared
>>
>Share a name with a mildly famous author
good luck finding anything about me
>>
>>73767641
>bachelor's thesis

>bachelor's
>thesis
>>
>>73767423
you act as if playing football in high school is rare or something
>>
File: farage.jpg (47 KB, 620x452) Image search: [Google]
farage.jpg
47 KB, 620x452
>>73774498
Underrated
>>
>>73776602

what's the site?
>>
>>73767199
My cousin has the same name as me so when I googled my name, mostly his shit popped up.
It's amazing to have an attention whore as a cousin.
>>
>>73776226

No way dude.
>>
>>73771975
>>73772118
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just get a PO box for most stuff? I guess it wouldn't work if you were ordering furniture or something.
>>
File: 1462874454851.gif (2 MB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1462874454851.gif
2 MB, 700x600
>>73776779
>>
>>73776892
What a fucking qt
>>
>>73776670
Like id tell you. There's real info there. If I get home when this thread is still up ill post some pics with blocked out faces and info
>>
>>73775201
i have never added irl friends to steam, just because i've played games on steam against crazy people who thought i was hacking and threatened to dox and swat me

friends i know think i'm being standoffish when i say i don't add people i know on to steam but the fact is i play with too many crazy people online to get real friends in the mix
i'm legitimately considering just opening up another steam account so i can play with irl friends and not have to really worry about it
>>
>>73777060

I actually did this.

I don't game anymore, but I have an online friend account and an IRL friend account.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (17 KB, 214x267) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
17 KB, 214x267
>Google name
>Absolutely nothing about me comes up, none of the pictures are me
>Pic related, first picture for my name

Feels good man

>Google internet alias
>Every video game profile and forum post I've ever made shows up
>If you go back far enough there are /fit/ archives from 2013 where I was a tripfaggot

Spooky
>>
File: pepe-ok.png (128 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pepe-ok.png
128 KB, 1000x1000
My name in quotation marks returns 113,000 results.
Sweet anonymity.
>>
>>73767199
>Google name
>nothing comes up because I don't put my name on Normiebook
>some faggot comes up instead
>search up all of my pseudonyms
>still nothing apart from a profile pic from one of my accounts
Who /traceless/ here?
>>
>>73767423
Literally millions of people play high school football
>>
>>73767199
my name is really common
>>
>>73767199

Googled my name

154 entries, only 3 very vaguely related to me and out of date at that.
>>
>>73767423

>Jocks r bullies fuck off normies reeeee

Jesus christ dude grow up
>>
>>73767199
>google my name, nothing comes up
>no social media,no addresses, no photos
feelsgoodman
>>
>>73767199
Public school is there to catalog you, so the government knows who they should kidnap and make into fuck slaves.
>>
>>73767199
theres some kid on the other side of the country (literally as far as way as practically possible) with the same first and last name complete with same middle initial as me.
he looks like a wigger douche though
>>
File: 0p5tnd1A.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0p5tnd1A.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>73769013
OH JESUS CHRIST!

I just did this, and all of my alternate throw away accounts have direct name links to me through various sites on google FUCK!
>>
My linkedin profile is my first result. Then my highschool from a school register thing.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (60 KB, 686x686) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
60 KB, 686x686
>>73767199
mfw i work for the state
mfw i google my name and it shows how much I made each year and my exact title
other than that nothing though
>>
>>73772634
quick question, why?
>>
Unique name here. Only thing that shows up for me is my middle school honor roll result for some reason and one time a friend mentioned me on his ask.fm. feelsgoodman
>>
>google my name
>find my dad
kek
>>
No results, despite having a unique name.

Btw, most of you have a fb and/or google account? I mean, seriously?
>>
>>73768975
>he posts in a honeypot about how there is no traces of him
heh
>>
>>73767199
>Googled my name
Only got posts about my brother
>>
I frequently use pseudonyms irl and pick generic screennames to prevent easy searching.

I realized around 12 that you could "dox" most people by googling their online handles since they use the same one over and over and end up mentioning personal details across multiple accounts. Often you can find their families too. I expected it to get progressively more difficult as people became wise to it but all of a sudden social media exploded and instead it just got easier.

I never did much with it. Usually just made oblique references to someone's private life to rustle them if they were being an asshole.
It was always bothered me that people seemed to pick victims who didn't seem to deserve harassment. Like I understoond making fun of Mitchell (an here, iPod kid) and maybe fucking around with his virtue signalling classmates writing shitty poetry but I drew the line at calling his home phone number and taunting his weeping mother.
>>
>>73767199
My name is so common theres over 4,000 people who have the same first and last name as me on facebook.
>>
I have a very deliberate public profile of accounts on sites like facebook, youtube, and other shit. Moreso than paranoia from data collection agencies, it's to protect me from shitty fucking companies that hire based on that dumb fucking shit. Instead of seeing that I like motorhead and aesop rock, they see whatever pop top 40 garbage is recommended to me by youtube and I flood my viewed videos with. I also have an entirely separate group of friends on a "public" facebook, including old work friends, bosses, friends from school, stuff like that.

It's like having to live 2 lives. I fucking hate it, but it's fucking required to not be judged on my personal life by the people who fucking employ me. It is pure cancer.
>>
>>73779175
>tfw named after my dad's dad

and so my son will b e able to say that he was named after his dad's dad's dad
>>
>>73779505
>It was always bothered me
>seemed to pick victims who didn't seem to

fuck, I want to go back to sleep
>>
>>73767199
I share a name with a faggot that does shit for media sites and is a somewhat well known programmer so when I google my name only his shit pops up. I also don't have my name or face attached to any social media.
>>
>>73769654
We all exist on an obscure database somewhere.

I'd love for there to be a way to scrape every last post/comment/login I've ever used or made since using the internet, with context of the webpage/game being played at the time. I'd be very interested to see in how I've progressed in being a faggot.
>>
File: 1439693907406.png (26 KB, 642x539) Image search: [Google]
1439693907406.png
26 KB, 642x539
>>73767199
I'm the only person with my name to have ever lived.
>>
>>73776659
>>73777609
>>73777871
These, faggot. Your butthurt is pleasure.
>>
>>73779565
How exactly are you required to have a Facebook ?
>>
File: 1462586574414.jpg (89 KB, 620x501) Image search: [Google]
1462586574414.jpg
89 KB, 620x501
>>73767199
>google my name
>some Nazi who worked the Gas Chambers comes up
>mfw
>>
>>73780058
it's not a requirement, but if you think that applying for lower level jobs that they'll hire someone who they can't "Check up on" as opposed to someone who's plastered their every move all over facebook for an easy way to blackmail them into taking their job away at any given moment, you're just as deluded as me sitting here with my little tinfoil hat.
>>
>>73780173
I guess I'm fortunate then, yay nepotism
>>
>>73767199
anyone ever removed their info from Whitepages.com and similar sites?
>>
>have unique name
>google with exact quotes
>no pictures, just old cross country and track results and a few high school academic stuff

thank you Lord

also I've been denied a job before for not having enough social media presence. I'm sure they googled me and saw nothing and were like ain't hiring this goy, where are his 1000 selfies?
>>
File: 1456924088214.png (113 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456924088214.png
113 KB, 500x281
>>73767423
And that man?

He was called Einstein
>>
>>73780804
What kind of job will refuse to hire you if you don't have a fb? Are these stem positions out of school or just selling pants at banana republic?
>>
>>73775191
was he black?
>>
I have the same name as 40's movie actor so nothing comes up feels good to be invisible
>>
>>73780948
i have a bent dick and its unique?
>>
>>73767199
>searched my name
>nothing at all
I feel like a spy in a clandestine organisation, like Jason Bourne or some shit
>>
>>73774431
Wtf are you actually stalked by some guy in Europe for years or are you just like delusional
>>
>>73771326
what SEC school is it?
>>
>>73772143
I don't care about my regular email account.
That one is associated with my phone, credit cards, banks accounts etc.
But I'm not worried about someone tracing that back to me in real life, since I don't use it for posting on public places.
>>
>>73776183
Papers are public.
No real way around that.
The personal info is BS though.
They shouldn't have that online.
They keep nagging me to put it, but I refuse.
>>
>>73769379
John smith?
>>
>>73767199
googled my name, got four results, and it auto-corrected my autist name before i could get the real stuff, feels preddy gud man
>>
>>73776863
I've been thinking about doing that.
>>
>>73776654
Not that anon, but if you're in an honors program, you usually write a thesis.
>>
>>73782573
>>73782681

Are you still wearing a fucking diaper...?

Jesus Christ...
>>
>>73780173
I have a low level job and I don't have a facebook.

You might think I'll start gloating about how you're wrong, but it's far worse.

People do all their socializing through facebook these days it seems, and not in real life, especially not at work where there's so little time. When all my colleagues go home they all get to check up on each-other in their normie safe space that is kikebook and talk to eachother. While they're doing that I'm indulging in one of my hobbies or browsing /pol/. I get back to work and I don't learn anything since last seeing my colleagues at work so there's very little to talk about and no time to talk about it.

Basically my point is I am being ostracized because I don't use facebook. It seems like if people can't go to a web page and learn everything about you they don't feel confident enough to strike up a conversation or they label you weird/anti-social. I don't feel anti-social though, I just refuse to use a tool or conform to a social practice that asks you to sacrifice so much of your privacy.
>>
I have a unique DB name so get my phone directory listed address but that's it. Still really don't like it
>>
A facebook post that identifies me as a winner of a raffle before I got rid of facebook

I just changed my name a couple of years ago to be shorter.

Apparently short names are king in business because you're easier to pronounce

Plus a short simple low syllable name like "John Wayne" or "John McClane" are the most masculine and respect enducing.
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
> google my name
> Literally no info about me

Feels good man
>>
File: 1446891701786.gif (984 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1446891701786.gif
984 KB, 400x300
>Google my name
>obituary
>>
File: 1391334608245.jpg (40 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
1391334608245.jpg
40 KB, 349x642
>>73780020
>>
>>73777060

Anon..

They don't think you're being standoffish, they think your profile is something really bad you don't want them to know.

They think you're YiffCatBoi420 [DiaperFur] on steam or something similar.
>>
>>73771803
3rd world..is it that bad in Holland nowadays?
>>
>>73784465
Nice projection bruh but the guy in question is a huge weeb with an anime girl as his profile
>>
File: AYYYY.webm (1 MB, 714x368) Image search: [Google]
AYYYY.webm
1 MB, 714x368
>>73767199
>Google name.
>Lol nothing.
>Google name and state.
>Nothing.
>Google name, city, and state
>Finally get my mostly private LinkedIn and my barren facebook.

Common name worldwide, but no one on for a hundred miles around shares may name. Feels good.
>>
>>73784802
depends on the area.
>>
>>73783037
no?
What does that have to do with a PO box?
>>
Just stay under the covers
>>
File: why.png (1 MB, 1200x689) Image search: [Google]
why.png
1 MB, 1200x689
>>73767199
>google name
>this happens
>>
File: 1450365450859.jpg (11 KB, 236x267) Image search: [Google]
1450365450859.jpg
11 KB, 236x267
>>73767199

Very unique name here, sounds like a bunch of nick names plus I have four of the fuckers.

I live in fear of the day someone i know trolls through my google results...
>>
>>73785666
Trust me friend, drop 2 of those names and become a 2 name god.

Don't be unique. Be unique if you're wealthy and can afford to be. You're not, I'm not.

The nail that sticks out gets hammered - japanese wisdom.
>>
>the you have a very unique name that no one would ever think also belongs to someone else, but it just so happens that there is another guy with your name and he's a complete degenerate faggot and his shit comes up on google and people think it's you
End me
>>
>>73785910
How fucking often are people googling your name? This has never happened to me

Its like half of pol lives in some world I don't live in, I've never heard of anyone googling their friends or coworkers
>>
The only result I get for my name is my LinkedIn account. Nice, I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 715x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 715x800
>if one of you knew my grandfathers or my aunts name you could trace them back to me and assassinate me for shits and giggles

h-haha
>>
>Google my name
Only spokeo like sites.

Good
>>
>>73786000
>Its like half of pol lives in some world I don't live in, I've never heard of anyone googling their friends or coworkers

They fucking do this man. They might not admit it but they do.

Every now and then they'll let it slip. I've had fuckbuddies admit it.

They've even searched me in legal databases to see if I have a legal history. People are bored/cunning, don't think otherwise.
>>
File: 1449943987789.gif (314 KB, 495x337) Image search: [Google]
1449943987789.gif
314 KB, 495x337
>>73785874
Not such a bad idea desu senpai

If I take away the most dumb two names then I could smooth cruise as William Knapp, practically anon.
>>
>>73786000
>he has never applied for a job
Stay NEET
>>
>most common surname in Wales
>one of the most common surnames in the UK
>first name in top 60%
>at least 3 prominent people with my exact name, one of whom is a tv and business personality
Middle name is less common but there are like 10 people in the world who know what my middle name is
>>
>Google my name
>nothing related to me comes up because I don't use social media or ever put my real name online
>my mugshots were never made public
>closest thing that comes up is some shit about my uncle and my grandpas obituary
>>
File: 45734573457.jpg (242 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
45734573457.jpg
242 KB, 500x380
>tfw have the most common name on the planet

Literally ungooglable.
>>
File: image.jpg (929 KB, 2121x2711) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
929 KB, 2121x2711
>>73767199
If you google my name you just get pictures of this cunt.
>>
>>73786367
Mohammed?
>>
>>73767199
Hahaha I have a common ass name and almost no web presence.
>>
>>73786472
Yup.
>>
>>73767199
I know the feeling bro, I'm the only one on the internet with my name too. I had to micro manage the footprints I've been leaving online since 2004. Dating profiles and shit had to go.
I made it so anybody can still find me and message me on kikebook and that's it.
>>
>Public voter registration information
>A list of high school graduates
>MyLife, which aggregates sites like LinkedIn and Facebook it seems. Fucking scary how it finds your data like that and the sites where your data is on

That' if I include my middle name. My name itself gets like 12,000 results so it's kinda common I guess. If I include my location then I'll find stuff like the one time I was in the new and just random spam sites like MyLife.

If you are a part of something, like a school, or a registered voter, and if that info is public then you can find it with a Google search. It's nothing to freak out about though. Of course that shit comes up when you search for your name. Be reasonable.
>>
>Google name
>Nothing
>White Pages myself
>Nothing
>Google my online user names
>Nothing

Why the fuck do people suck at protecting their information? Hell I cant even find my fucking facebook profile through google and those two are in bed with eachother.
>>
>>73786087
Your friends and coworkers do background checks on you? Not just a one time employer thing, but literally your coworkers out of boredom?
>>
>>73787136
If your most private information is your name and birthdate then you're a sketchy fuck. So I don't put a huge effort in hiding my name. But my Facebook doesn't contain a shitton of private information about myself for others to take.

The risk people take with Facebook messaging isn't that huge, but it's also still concerning since it IS the datamining Facebook company. That's a concern.
>>
>>73787279
I just googled my name and birth day.

Nothing. There is 0 trace of me online. Even with full name, user names, birthday combos. Nothing.
>>
Mfw digital photos of me don't exist
>>
>>73787428
Guess there's no public voter information of you out there and any school you went to didn't have any files with your name on it made public. Kinda a nice perk to have
>>
>>73787540
Funny since I am a registered republican and have been since high school. In Florida voter information is public information so we have a huge data mining issue here. Just feels good to not leave a trace anywhere.

Even reverse image searching my profile pic on facebook doesnt pull any results.

Hell, I might even post it here to see if anyone can get the right "me".
>>
>mfw no digital footprint

Feels good man.
>>
Nothing comes up. Just my mason uncle on Wiki page.
>>
>Google me
>cringey shit I made whenever I was blue pilled
>I can't delete it because I don't have the password to the accounts
Why live?
>>
>Google name
>get a bunch of results for Isaac Newton
Feels good man
>>
File: ldTGZsx.jpg (39 KB, 574x351) Image search: [Google]
ldTGZsx.jpg
39 KB, 574x351
>>
>>73770949
Same with me.

I don't even leave the house. Everyone surely forgot about me. I had friends in high school 8 years ago but never seen anyone again since.

Sometimes I forget I even have brothers and sisters to be honest senpai
>>
>search my name
>entirely this bmx guy

>search my other name
>insurance, some bitch
>some other dumb fat fucking cunt
>my linkedin

so nothing, since the only thing i use my fake name for is work and i have never had my real name online
>>
>Google Name
>My LinkedIn comes up
>Other people with my name have their shit come up
>My domain which is a portfolio is the 5th result

Damn, I need to SEO my website better.

>A couple articles come up, praising work I've done
>The only photos that come up are a few where I look nice and I'm performing live.

Nice. I can live with it.
>>
>google myself
>australian stock brocker
>australian cyclist
>australian wedding photographer

I knew I was a born a shitposter
>>
>tfw your name is so generic not even god himself could find you on google

Feels good. It also helps that I dont use dogshit like Facebook and the rest.
>>
>>73767199

There used to be a time my name would link to a forum where some asshole said my nickname i use on all website, if you googled that nickname you would find things such as gore, conspiracy theories, my youtube channel with subscriptions to fetish channels, etc..

Got it removed now, thanks to moderators
>>
>>73786455

Hi Gordon Brown
>>
>literally John Smith

thank christ
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1690x2047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1690x2047
>>73767199

>come to this thread
>google last name because I'm a lemming
>article comes up about a family member I've never met
>turns out he died a few years ago
>was a fucking millionaire with no heirs
>that's right, a fucking meeeeeellionaire
>and that money is sitting unclaimed somewhere
>tfw when ive learned so much about Jewish money tricks on /pol/ that I know exactly what to do to try and claim inheritance from a family member I've never met

I'll k-keep ya posted
>>
>>73767199

Youre still on spokeo and other Internet Whitebooks.
>>
>>73767199
just looked up my name on google and a revivalist preacher, philosopher, and Congregationalist Protestant theologian during the early 1700s 13 colonies comes up.
>>
File: 1e7.jpg (53 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1e7.jpg
53 KB, 550x413
>>73767199
A lot of fags with my same name, but I never used Facebook or social media with my real name or photo's feelsprettygood.jpg
>>
File: 1459463803641.jpg (20 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1459463803641.jpg
20 KB, 343x343
>>73767199

>that smug feel when people ask you what's your facebook, twitter, instagram, skype, linkedin, whateverthefuckever username and I tell them I don't have one.

Literally impossible to google my name.
>>
File: 1462757958805.png (269 KB, 567x960) Image search: [Google]
1462757958805.png
269 KB, 567x960
>>73767199
>Share a name with a video game
>>
looked up my name. >500k results, I'm sure none of them are me and stopped looking after the first 5 or so pages.
>>
WEW LADS

MY SHIT ISNT ON THE WHITE PAGES

Facebook still has me though
>>
>>73793955

I wish you luck senpai
>>
>>73767199
>Generic name
>All kind of shit shows up, from dentists and civil engineers to singers and writers

HIDE IN PLANE SIGHT
>>
>>73796395

How does it feel to be named Medabots: Metabee Version?
>>
>mfw same name as boyband singer
my name is blocked by him
>>
File: 1389437654182.jpg (43 KB, 231x281) Image search: [Google]
1389437654182.jpg
43 KB, 231x281
>My name is Paul Blart
>>
File: 1307158546586.jpg (14 KB, 312x247) Image search: [Google]
1307158546586.jpg
14 KB, 312x247
>Google my name
>Nude pictures and my sex offender page comes up
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.