[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>libertarians WILL defend this http://www.bloomberg.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 9
File: diapers.png (857 KB, 1244x394) Image search: [Google]
diapers.png
857 KB, 1244x394
>libertarians WILL defend this

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-11/poultry-workers-in-diapers-as-bathroom-breaks-denied-oxfam-says

>The report cited unnamed workers from Tyson Foods Inc., Pilgrim’s Pride Corp., Perdue Farms Inc. and Sanderson Farms Inc. who said that supervisors mock them, ignore requests and threaten punishment or firing. When they can go, they wait in long lines even though they are given limited time, sometimes 10 minutes, according to the report. Some workers have urinated or defecated themselves while working because they can’t hold on any longer, the report said. Some workers “restrict intake of liquids and fluids to dangerous degrees,” Oxfam said.
>>
no one is putting a gun to their head, they will just go to work somewhere where they get better treatment, and the when sees their bad behavior no one will want to do business with them
>>
>>73755989
Now tell me, why do these crony conglomerates exist?

Government intervention! If the government fugged off and quit supporting the corporatists over the local farmers in judicial rulings, local farms would be more plentiful and better represented in grocers across amerika.

:DDDD
>>
>>73755989
this is what you get with open borders
>>
Why don't they just find another job? Continuing to work in such conditions is just enabling the bad behavior.
Also, not being provided adequate work and safety conditions in their job is against federal, as well as probably state, law.

Not to mention, all these regulations stomp out smaller businesses so only big ones can compete.
>>
>>73755989
then quit
>>
From now on I'm only buying organic, free range, diaper-free chicken
>>
>>73755989
> libertarians WILL defend this
> Libertarians

I think you're confused friendo
>>
>>73755989
Sounds like bullshit to me.
>>
>>73756274
these answer are so easy to predict, it's like clockwork
>>
>>73756247
>>73756647
>>73756804

Gee I dunno, clearly they haven't been looking for a way out of this hell for months and have been unable to find something, silly people! Shitting yourself at work for the sake of 6 minutes of productivity a day is fine in the USA. :^)
>>
>>73756647
probably a lot of illegals/beaners there
>>
>unions are bad goy trust me
>mass immigration is also good
>outsourcing is great
>getting fucked by your employer is good for GDP

why are libertarians such good goys?
>>
>>73756647

>all these regulations stomp out smaller businesses

>being allowed to urinate
>big fine print regulations

This is the greatest example of a canned response I've seen for a long time, I don't think you even read the OP.
>>
>>libertarians WILL defend this

Reminder that libertarians aren't against unions.
>>
>>73756647
>>73756247

These jobs are mostly composed of illegal immigrants
>>
>>73755989

its like these companies want to get sued
>>
>>73755989
poultry is full of illegals, if we secured our borders wages would naturally rise

also not eating chicken tonight
>>
>>73757167
30 years ago those were good unionized middle class jobs for white people. Read about the 85 hormel strike if you want to see how that whole industry got turned into total shit that only mexican slaves will do
>>
>>73757224

>Sued
>By illegal immigrants who probably give most of their tiny paychecks to the coyotes who smuggled them in

Stop memeing
>>
>>73755989
Holy shit. Capitalism is out of fucking control.
>>
>>73755989
>Employed at will

Fuck off. If they really don't find it worth doing, they can leave.

If they want to continue to work and have better negations with their management, they can unionize.

If you don't want to support diaper farmers, you can simply not fucking buy their goods.
>>
>>73758527
that's the whole point
>>
>>73755989
>libertarians WILL defend this
Nope. Libertarians believe in freedom, AND protecting you from those who infringe on your freedom. This classifies as that. No Libertarian will defend forcing workers to piss themselves or be fired.

Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>73757421
30 years ago chicken was a lot more expensive too.
>>
>>73758844
I'm libertarian and I'm OK with it. Sounds like a shitty job and a shitty company.
>>
>>73755989

Why don't they just get better jobs?

I mean how low is your self respect that THAT is how you allow your employer to treat you?
>>
>>73758954
and your currency was worth a fucking bundle
>>
>>73755989
They don't demand better conditions because they're shitskin illegals. No white man would settle for this.
>>
>>73759056
they don't want to get deported
>>
>>73757110

Unions ruined their reputation on their own.

They should have been operating like trades guilds did back in the old world. Instead they became collectivist tools of Communism.
>>
I've worked in a chicken plant before (in IT division).

95% of your entry-level workers, the ones that do the grimy shit, are illegal spics. Remaining 5% are niggers.

>>73759056

Many of these places will hire without doing e-verify or anything, and it's a simple job that almost always pays more than minimum wage.

The place I worked at paid the entry-level workers $10 an hour. Lots of turnover, even with that high salary (for the area - rural Southeast US).

Nobody is forcing you to work that job. Why do you think I don't work for them anymore? Even for IT, the working conditions were shit. No AC, no heat, the smell, etc.
>>
File: 1418997100749.jpg (45 KB, 442x409) Image search: [Google]
1418997100749.jpg
45 KB, 442x409
>Oxfam America, the U.S. arm of the U.K.-based global development group. The group works for a “just world without poverty” and focuses on topics ranging from refugees in Greece to malnutrition.

HMMMMMM
>>
>>73759175

Why should you care about how a bunch of illegals are treated.

The headline should really read

>ILLEAGAL IMMIGRANTS WORK FREELY IN US, DESPITE NEWS PAPER ARTICLES ABOUT THEM THE AUTHORITIES WILL NOT DEPORT THEM

Seriously how cucked are you guys? You literally know where these people are thanks to this article but your immigration service won't arrest them and deport them back to Mexico. What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>73759056
I really hate this argument.
Someone has to do every job. Someone HAS to be a poultry factory worker in order for you to eat poultry. Saying "get a better job" is retarded, because there will always be someone in that job. It's just rotating out people to be shat on, not a solution at all.
>>
>People who treat animals live shit
>Also treat humans like shit
Well color me shocked.
>>
>>73759400
What are you talking about anon? We could be a country of 300 million billionaire hedge fund managers if only people were willing to try harder!
>>
Most libertarians never worked a day in their life and expect to be on the employer position.
Chucklefucks.
>>
>>73759400

>some has

Yes. But if people leave because they're being force to shit themselves while working, and word gets around one of two things will happen.

>word of mouth and ridicule will ensure that the company changes it's ways because it's loosing money by having no staff

Or

>company will be unable to retain staff and close down
>>
>>73759400
There must be poultry factory workers, but the conditions don't have to be this bad. If all the workers refused to put up with this nonsense, the company would have to provide better working conditions.
>>
>>73759572
HEYA MARIO PASSA ME THE SPAGHETTI
>>
>>73759596
Or, option 3, one of the 16 million unemployed people takes the job, because it's better than starving to death.
>>
>>73755989
Just read poultry

Heard yesterday that Brazil is our biggest importer of chicken. It's cheaper to get chicken here from Brazil than from the local nigger breeding chickens
>>
File: lol_diper_fetish_for_bernie.jpg (33 KB, 423x444) Image search: [Google]
lol_diper_fetish_for_bernie.jpg
33 KB, 423x444
>>73755989
You got it wrong. They're Bernie supporters.
>>
>>73759400
That's fucking retarded, fampai.

There is no need for anyone to have any certain job; the economy is constantly adjusting.

If people were unwilling to work under these conditions, the business would have to provide better conditions in order to attract workers... or at least pay a higher wage.

It's like
>Garbagemen make a pretty high wage considering their education level, why? No one fucking wants to do it.
>>
>>73759372

GLOBALISTS!
>>
>>73759671
Not an argument.
>>
>>73759833
To be fair, he has a pretty fair argument.
>>
>>73757283

>Wages would rise

Then prices would rise, too.
>>
>>73759768
If all fast food workers decided to strike until they got their $15 an hour, and you had to pay 20 bucks for a McDouble, you wouldn't go to McDonalds, and they would lose their job anyway.

So yes, we do need to have those low wage jobs.

(This is why Trump is retarded btw. He wants tariffs so that people will make stuff here, but the reason no one wants to make stuff here is because no one wants to buy American made goods, they are too expensive)
>>
>>73755989
Worked at a Tyson plant a few years ago, most shittiest company ever. They hire shit tons of illegals, and the turnover rate on their American workers is ridiculously high. I suspect it's because they intentionally try to get their American workers to quit for whatever reason.

Also, there's another poultry plant nearby where they actually bus their illegal workers to work.
>>
>>73759833
Not an argument.
>>
>>73759675

Or, those 16 million illegal foreigners get sent back to their countries, and conditions improve because the employer is desperate.
>>
>>73760175
>The free market stops working at imaginary lines

Oh, I thought you were a libertarian.
>>
>>73760175
They'll just hire nigs and white trash that can't do any better instead of spics. Or invest in more automation that reduces the need for labor.
>>
>>73759205
trade guilds would halt all technological progress for the sake of tradition
>>
The solution to this obviously is to not hire women.
Women take more bathroom breaks because their bladders are weak. They usually milk them for all its worth too.
A man can hold his piss for 3 hours at a time, no problem.
>>
>>73760262

I'm not a libertarian, I just don't see why these people being spineless and putting up with whatever conditions are forced upon them worthy of news.

Just get a better fucking job.
>>
File: 1254545969363.png (133 KB, 339x296) Image search: [Google]
1254545969363.png
133 KB, 339x296
>>73760036
Okay, fampai, there is no market for 20 dollars McDoubles; if fast food works unionized and demanded a 150 dollar wage, they would be told point blank that the business cannot support that by management. At that point, if they were to strike until they get 150 dollars an hour, the business would simply collapse around them; most unions are not stupid enough to kill their own employment. For example, Denmark and Sweden do not have minimum wage laws, but their unions are strong enough to negotiate.

I made it 150 dollars for the point of absurdity; a union can really demand anything, but its effectiveness is depending on its reasonability.

Let's say a 15 dollar wage is the absolute minimum wage someone can work for and live and it does for some reason make the goods produced by it unaffordable or undesirable to the vast majority of consumers. Then the business model wasn't profitable in the first place, and those displaced by the failure of the business will then produce value elsewhere in the economy in the form of goods & services people are actually willing to pay a livable wage for.
>>
>>73755989
Wow its almost like flooding the job market with literal criminals who will do anything for money is fucking stupid.
>>
>>73755989

we long ago trounced the lolbertarian fools out of /pol/
>>
>>73759385
Im on it, ill go deport the chicken factory.
>>
>>73760580
>>73760580
so those criminals should turn to crime instead?
it's either they work a job or they turn to crime. Not their fault capitalism provides less jobs than there are people.
>>
>>73759747
>dat image
Im afriad to even know what exactly is the meaning of this.
Even by Bernie supporters standards this shit ain't kosher
>>
>>73760538
Finally, a fucking reasonable view on all this shit.
>>
>>73757167
Then they should go back.
>>
File: libertarians and roads.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
libertarians and roads.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>73760637
>>
>>73756274
This. 100%
>>
There is this magical thing called OSHA. It mandates certain breaks and lunch times. If a company violates these rules, they are fined heavily. The workers also have a strong civil case against their employer.

But wait...

We need unions to take money for doing literally nothing.
>>
>>73760538
>this whole thing

Kek, I take it you're feeling the Bern too?

You have a couple things wrong here.
>Let's say a 15 dollar wage is the absolute minimum wage someone can work for and live and it does for some reason make the goods produced by it unaffordable or undesirable to the vast majority of consumers.

Management won't shut down the business right away. Instead they'll lay people off until they can squeeze $15 of actual work out of each employee. Or in the case of McDonalds, they'll replace them with non-human labor. They're already replacing cashiers with kiosks. The robot revolution is already on its way comrade.

>those displaced by the failure of the business will then produce value elsewhere in the economy

No they won't. Mainly because those people being displaced are unskilled workers. They have no skills that allow them to add value to the economy. Any job that they can perform could be filled by any other person that's already unemployed.

Your model only exists if we're working at 100% efficiency with a 0% unemployment rate. We have more unskilled workers than positions that do not require skills.
>>
>>73755989
>companies side step labor laws
>break federal and state laws by hiring illegals and abusing work visas
>they also happen to violate their workers rights... oh wait they have no rights because they're here criminally
>all the illegals and leftists act surprised when a company that criminals act criminally (the companies and illegals)
Fuck the leftist double think bullshit. These used to be GOOD JOBS because AMERICANS worked them and wouldn't be willing to work SHIT wages for SHIT work and would unionize if they didn't already.
>mass importation of cheap illegal labor
>act surprised when breaking law means that people break the law
WEW
>>
>>73760016
when no one can afford it the people in charge will have to find a way to make the wages work
remove illegal work and shipping off work somewhere else they'll have to find a clean way
>>
>>73761333
>Implying businesses are unwilling to pay for road improvements to increase the flow of traffic too and from their business.

What is it like living in a city with a shit tier city planner Anon?
>>
File: 1454633097575.jpg (47 KB, 320x270) Image search: [Google]
1454633097575.jpg
47 KB, 320x270
>>73760637

It's a good thing there are people out there with diaper fetishes...
>>
>>73756963
That's because it's a logically consistent frame of beliefs. It's not a bad thing.
>>
File: trump-200-percent-smug-2.png (295 KB, 986x1356) Image search: [Google]
trump-200-percent-smug-2.png
295 KB, 986x1356
>>73755989
I'm not a libertarian, and do not need to defend this. Build wall.
>>
>>73756247
Urpo vai trolli :DDD
>>
>>73760016
>Argentinian intellectuals
The companies would charge what they could charge, would probably automate a lot of the work and so you'd end up with instead of 30 illegals doing a bunch of shit by hand it'd be like three Americans operating and maintaining the machinery at $10-15 an hour a piece. I'd MUCH rather have that than a much of illegals or cheap immigrant labor
>>
File: 1460848982444.jpg (68 KB, 616x446) Image search: [Google]
1460848982444.jpg
68 KB, 616x446
>>73755989
NOT
>>
>>73761652
Unskilled labor will be completely replaced by automated labor in the near future.

Just look at what will happen when self-driving cars are released.

Do you think Truck drivers will still exist when trucks can drive themselves?
>>
>>73757110
Libertarians only believe in 1-2 of those things.
>>
>>73761652
Nah m8, they'll probably automate which is fine.
>>
>>73761538
You can't make a civil case when you're not here legally :^)
>>
>>73755989
POO IN LOO

God! It feels so good to say that to a non Indian :')
>>
>>73758844
How dare you imply that any libertarian would ever infringe on individual property/ business rights!
...fucking statist.
>>
>>73762011
It's all illegals m8. Americans don't work those jobs and if they did they wouldn't have those conditions because they'd unionize or file a civil suite.
t. An American who is the son of a mother who filed a civil suit for awful work conditions and came out with millions
>>
>>73761859
Trucks are where self-driving vehicles will happen first. In addition to not needing pay, benefits, and HR overhead, self-driving trucks never get drowsy and can drive around the clock, obey speed limits and don't drive aggressively, and a great deal of trucking happens in the easiest situation for self-driving vehicles - warehouses and distribution centers connected by long stretches of open interstate.
>>
>>73755989
POO IN LOO, not in diapers, you fucking burger.
>>
>>73755989

>Be illegal immigrant

>Think you have the right to complain about industrial standards

Why do you think they hire you, Paco?

>>73756247

See above.

But yeah, fuck the company. They're scumbags for hiring illegals anyway.
>>
>>73762080
You still need people to maintain and repair all that shit.
>>
>>73761573
What is to be done?
>>
>>73759205

>Collectivist vote farms for mob connected Democrats

ftfy
>>
>>73762011
the dark side of meme magic is when it turns on its creators
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 251x242
>not just quitting and working somewhere else
>>
>>73762149
They are beaners, not burgers you poo!
>>
>>73758844
Except no one is forcing them you dumbfuck.
>>
abolish minimum wage and they'll be able to hire more workers on shorter shifts
>>
>>73762162
Of course you do, but you need a lot less of them. Before, if you had 100 trucks, you needed 100 drivers, possibly more depending on how often you want them to be on the road, plus however many people it took to maintain the trucks. Now, in exchange for, what, five more maintenance people, you can lay off 100 drivers. That's a big net gain.
>>
>>73762080

Self driving trucks will be last because of;

A. Unions

B. Safety (even if it's not true - Safety Scare Campaigns BY unions)

The minute self driving regular vehicles become viable - Say goodbye to Uber.

Some guy will simply operate a fleet of them and clean them up and hose em down at night.
>>
>>73762162
Those are skilled labor positions that require training. Those positions would actually pay decent money if you know how to actually do the job.
>>
>>73762342

>Illegals

>Being paid minimum wage

top kek.
>>
>>73762354
Uber's already planning on doing that. It's the Uber drivers who suffer.

>Self driving trucks will be last because of;
>A. Unions

What are they going to do? Go on strike?
>>
>>73762344

I wonder how they will handle refueling.

I guess you would have a team of lowly paid guys who drive out to petrol stations to refuel them as necessary. I assume big companies will be able to work out affiliation with petrol station companies whereby truck pulls in, clerk fills her up.
>>
>>73761963
pretty much what I was getting at.
>>
>>73762493
>I wonder how they will handle refueling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMM0lRfX6YI
>>
>>73762443

Yeah.

We had a few recent Union actions here regarding the trucking industry.

Strikes/Blockades.

But the most effective part was Safety.

They say non unionzed sub-contractor drivers are more dangerous - Stats apparently don't back this up exactly - but it works. Companies then renegotiate for lower wages - everyone goes on with business.

Once people become accustomed to the idea though, it will happen.
>>
>>73762354
>>The minute self driving regular vehicles become viable - Say goodbye to Uber.
>Some guy will simply operate a fleet of them and clean them up and hose em down at night.
Uber has already stated that their business plan is to get rid of the drivers and be an automated-car operator once those things are available, y'know.

I'm sure there'll be union shops that hold out. Those companies will start losing business, because their non-union competitors that laid off drivers are suddenly able to move things cheaper. Also idk about straya, but in the US, many truckers are independent owner-operators. All the trucking companies have to do is say "Sorry, don't need you anymore"
>>
>>73762583

>Electric trucks

wew lad, this isn't 3016.

(that said - no drivers means wages can be put towards more vehicles and more trips meaning you could probably produce an economical fuel-size ratio system).
>>
>>73757421

Thanks for the reference.

>>73758954

I'd pay more to not have to worry about disease and grubby brown people fingering my food for una raza.
>>
>>73755989
If a few dozen scumbag CEOs were tossed in the slammer for hiring illegal aliens as slave labor would a wall even be needed? I think not.
>>
>>73755989
But hey, isn't that the American spirit?

Being busy, productive and driven. Pants shitting American "have to go when you have to go", right? They can always put on a clean pair of pants later when they have the chance.
>>
>>73762610
I don't think a strike will be very effective

>If you replace all of us with self-driving trucks, we'll go on strike

It really doesn't work. A blockade would be illegal in the US.

Claiming it's unsafe and sending out propaganda is the only thing they can do.
>>
>>73756465
/thread

>>73756647
?Que?

>>73756916
Libertarians are the muh corporations make all the rules, fuck your regulations, stop stealing from me through taxation types. Libertarians will cry "FREE MARKET" and ignore the fact that these are wetbacks being used as slave labor when real American citizens could have those jobs and would demand better working conditions.
>>
>>73762714
>I'd pay more to not have to worry about disease and grubby brown people fingering my food for una raza.
maybe you do but most people don't, they shop on price. Hence why factory-farmed stuff is cheap and organic stuff isn't. And as long as most people are price-sensitive farms will have every incentive to hire the cheapest workers they can.
>>
>>73762611

We have a mixed situation here. Basically because unions here are quite strong and media savvy.

But it's slowly fading. Not least because so many drivers WANT to be contractors because of the higher pay potential.
>>
lots of illegals work at those chicken factories

they don't want to get fired/sent back so they put up with abuse

the real solution is to get rid of undocumented illegals so that they can't be exploited
>>
>>73763096

They can't hire illegals here.

They have to pay minimum wage.

Then we had a supermarket war (imagine if there were two Wal-Marts in the U.S.)

Prices dropped so low that farmers claimed it was impossible to operate at those margins.

Did they get a reprieve from the minimum wage laws? Kek no. Fuck em.

(they ended up selling their farms to large Chinese multi-nationals who pool together hundreds of farms and can thus operate at much lower margins)

Funnily enough, the same people who complain about Price Gouging Supermarket Corporations And Muh Minimum Wage also complain about the government allowing farmers to "sell out" our natural resources to le ebil foreign corporations.
>>
>>73755989
>not responding to threats by shitting yourself, scratching your ass and handling the food supply

Don't bitch. The average person in a developed nation eats 2 pounds of feces a year.
>>
>>73762222

How is that any different from what I said?
>>
>>73763550

Fair cop
>>
>>73755989
I don't support inhumane conditions, but even moreso, I don't support the idea that...

A government, paid for with stolen money, given rights that regular citizens don't have, and impunity to enforce laws violently, is the solution to achieving 'morality.'
>>
>>73755989
No one is fucking forcing them to do it.
Plus, diapers are comfy
>>
>>73755989
Fuck no. We don't support that shit. We're the guys who will tell everyone not to buy products from that factory. At the same time we encourage those people to leave or save their income to find a way to get out of that situation. In the meantime if they're citizens they can use due legal process to contest their working conditions, that's what gubment is supposed to be for, I guess. Always a better way than brute force.
>>
>>73755989
They should all be fired and replaced with robots.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.