[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Service
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
Recently I've been thinking more and more about enlisting in the marines. What do you guys think? Is it anything like pic related? Any military experience?
>>
Pick a branch and mos/rate that translates to the civilian life. It's easy. Like high school, but you get paid. A lot of bullshit and favorites. Women get a easier pass because of vaginas.
>>
>>73751744
They make you drink chicken's blood and eat raw meat, including organs.

It's a good experience though
>>
>>73751744

You're an idiot.
>>
>>73752645
Is it ok for me to feel hungry from reading this statement.
>>
Is this just a bait thread to get all the retards to come out of their holes, spouting "fightign for le eternal jew XDDD" or are you serious?
>>
Any branch except Navy is fine.

Navy is too busy bending over for the feminist movement's strapon to do any actual work.
>>
Ignore the douche bag answers.

Former Marine, if you played sports or are an actual alpha male, it is easy.

Yes there is a lot of screaming and artificial environments to increase stress. It is all just a big stress test to see if you can hack it or crack.

Physically you need to be able to run 3 miles in less than 22 minutes, do 5 pullups, and good at situps. If not, join another branch or train.

Coast Guard is probably the best for quality of life and skills that translate into the work place.

Depends on what you want to do and what you are looking for.
>>
only cucks die for other dudes
>>
>>73751744
depends on what you want

im joining navy as a hospital corpsman so i can be a marine medic

you wont get much action unless you go SF or HUMINT these days
>>
>>73753080

> run 3 miles in less than 22 minutes, do 5 pullups, and good at situps

Thats a joke. You need to do 25 pull ups in my country just to be a national pĆ³lice..
>>
>>73753024
>navy is bending over for the feminist movements strap on
>meanwhile the army just forced 2 women into SF
>>
>>73753024
Can confirm. It's changed so much over the years. Even just 5 years ago, it was completely different.

>>73753083
Plenty of jobs won't even put your life in danger.

>>73753195
Good luck picking up. Corpsman rate is locked up. I miss being greenside.
>>
>>73753425
yea but your gf/wife will be getting her meathole filled with sweet sweet guy cream while youre in a diff country
>>
>>73753327

Iberians are known for their macho lies of physical prowess.

15 pullups is what you should be able to do. This is while training everyday and limited sleep. You don't go through bootcamp in peak condition, it is a 3 month endless grind.

I did around 25 pull ups when I was in and I was yoked. I think you are thinking of push ups or else you are full of shit.

25 pull ups as a minimum is ridiculous.
>>
>>73751744
Not until we stop fighting Israel's wars.
>>
>>73751744
Just join a cult you faggot. It's the same thing.
>>
File: image.png (98 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98 KB, 640x428
>>73753753
ok ok, I admit I exaggerated a bit

You need to do 10 to 11 reps to get a five and get to the next exercise, Here is the full table with the califications.

Women dont need to do any reps, just stay up for a minute...
>>
File: 1461521253652.jpg (245 KB, 640x608) Image search: [Google]
1461521253652.jpg
245 KB, 640x608
>>73753556
Either don't have a gf/wife, fuck random girls (you'd be surprised to hear how many girls will jump on your dick if you tell them you're military), or live with them. Not everyone deploys either, so depending on your job you may never have to be apart.

Your job determines so much of what you do and where you go in the military.

Also, avoid pic related.
>>
>>73751744
The only people who are really suited for the Marines are crazy fuckos and sociopaths, it might as well be a requirement at this point.

If you aren't fucked in the head when you join you certainly will be when you leave.
>>
>>73751744
If you're a tranny or an illegal, society is doing all it can to benefit you, so serving to defend and preserve the current Republic would make sense.

Otherwise, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>73751744
The marines is a cult, join the Army or Airforce.
>>
I'd wait for shit to hit the fan again. Right now you'll be raking rocks. Try to get a degree, and if shit kicks off again, enlist then if you want.
>>
>>73753920
You don't get paid in a cult. And honestly, unless you're one of those Oorah motards, the military life is pretty chill. Free gym, food, healthcare, college. They pay for my house. I go home after work (though I used to live the barracks life when I was younger). A lot of us don't like those moto douchebags because they make life harder for everyone.

>>73754295
Not exactly. Once again, it depends on your MOS. Some jobs in the Marines will never even deploy. Just push papers all day.

But yes, a lot of marines are retarded. They never wear god Damn condoms no matter how many fucked up dicks/pussies I show them or how many times I shove a q tip down heir piss hole.
>>
>>73754295
Rah
>>
If you're gonna do military, pick the job you want, then find the branch that you think you will enjoy the most. If you have a great job in that branch, that also translates to the civilian world, you are set if you decide to get out.
>>
>>73755297
Exactly.
>>
>>73755297
Doesn't picking the branch come first though?

Explain the whole enlisting/choosing job thing because I am genuinely interested
>>
>>73751744
at least wait for the election results.
>>
>>73755665
Every branch has plenty of jobs. Navy it's rates, marines it's MOS (think it's the same for army), don't know about air force.

Google a list of rates/MOS and look through the list. When you find a job you like, read about it. Some jobs are similar through the branches. Like a medic in the AF or army is similar to a corpsman in the navy (though not as well trained).

Then when you find a job you like, look at the specialties in that job (NEC in the navy) and see if any of those fit.

Once you have a job and branch you want, just talk to a recruiter. Some are shit bags that want to get numbers, but some genuinely care. Then you take the ASVAB and see if you qualify for that job.

And make sure you sign a contract for that specific job, even if they try to force you. They told me there were no slots for corpsman when I was at MEPS and I could sign undersigned and then become a corpsman. I said I would not sign unless my contract siad corpsman. Waited a while and a slot 'opened up'. Read the contract and signed.

>>73756051
Not too bad of an idea.
>>
>>73751744
The Marines should be disbanded. We have the Army, Navy and Air Force. the Marines are the 5th wheel of the military.
>>
>>73756397
>Obviously I know what I'm talking about because I've seen what marines do. It's not like they're called the tip of the spear for a reason.
>>
What life is better, airforce life or coast guard?

I heard airforce dorms are like college dorms and a good 4 years, don't know much about coast guard.
>>
>>73751744
>go to SOCOM unit on base with more than one service
>worst barracks rooms on post

but yo at least we have AKs!
>>
>>73756812
Airforce is fun if you're a manlet in height

CG is where you don't have to risk your life.

Your pick.
>>
>>73756397
>I think we should totally get rid of our primary amphibious unit, it's not like we land anywhere dangerous!
KYS
>>
>>73756812
If you are in a marine barracks while in the airforce, you get substandard living pay. Air Force for sure.

But then again, I know literally nothing about the coast guard.
>>
already enough welfare queens
>>
>>73751744
Go air force or navy and do something that will give you a job when you get out, infantry sounds romantic but its a waste of time
>>
>>73751744
I'm in the Corps right now and it blows hard dick. If you want to go for it but if your in for the money go Air Force
>>
>>73753195
Good luck devil doc
>>
>>73757176
Boot.
>>
>>73757208
Fag
>>
>>73757176
>that complete lack of punctuation and proper grammar
Intelligence non-essential, indeed.
>>
File: F-35 Night.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
F-35 Night.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Gonna join if Trump is elected.

As an officer for the chair-force, I'm ready to serve my country and enjoy the comfy-life. Hopefully pilot, but if not maybe I'll be a cool /operator/ while I'm at it and get all the prestige, "combat rescue officer" has a nice ring to it don't you think?
>>
Im 28 yrs old, never served, would love to, is it possible?
>>
>>73751744
My brother came back with PTSD from a tour in Afghanistan. The VA does fuck-all to help him. Not worth it.
>>
>>73756327
Thanks for the info my Jap friend
>>
>>73757239
One of the good things about being a corpsman is that we can further kunoichi someone's medical records up if we really wanted to. Good luck getting those VA benefits if you piss off your doc.

Also, I gave one dick hole sciatica with a peanut butter shot because he constantly pissed of everyone.

Still, only boots get mad at the term boot.

>>73757248
I love that acronym.

>>73757415
Don't know, you're not american. Go ask your country's military. Answer probably yes though.

>>73757466
No problem.
>>
>>73751744
Marines is the least cucked service branch.
>>
>>73751744
Fuck the marines. Just a bunch of meat heads. Go army.
Make sure you use the military as a stepping stone for what you want to do with the rest of your life. Don't just join the fuck shit up. There's nothing wrong with that. But think about your future as well
>>
File: 1461553397443.png (400 KB, 1598x1004) Image search: [Google]
1461553397443.png
400 KB, 1598x1004
>>73757502
I am american
>>
>>73751744
What I hear is they wake you up and run 5 miles before breakfast; shit aint cool. They give you literally 1 or 2 minutes to brush your teeth AND take a shit!
>>
>>73757461
Only faggot get PTSD
>>
>>73756051
This
I don't want to be ordered to stand down on Ahmed as he walks into base with a suicide vest on just because he is brown. If Trump wins, I'm joining.
>>
>>73751744
Go for it man
>>
>>73751744
The military isn't for everybody, my advice would be not to do it unless it's what you really want.
>>
>>73751744
Don't fight for the jews you stupid faggot.
Join when the jews (neocons) are called out.
>>
>>73757396
This

The outcome of this year's election will heavily influence my decision to join the military or not.
>>
>>73757581
On mobile, so I can't even tell what flag that is. Guessing proxy? But yeah, just look at my earlier posts.

>>73757601
It depends on the person. Personally, I like dead mudslimes. Didn't bother me in the slightest. Usually people get ptsd from The explosions and shit you can't account for. IEDS can go eat a dick.
>>
Any Armyfags here? Joining as an officer quite soon. Planning on going armor. WAS planning on going intelligence, but I know too many females and lazy, cowardly shits planning to do the same for that MOS to hold much promise. Hit 99th percentile on my ASVAB, so I'm pretty spoiled for choice.
>>
>>73752691
>wanting to fight under Emporor Trumps reign
>somehow stupid
If MAGA is stupid then I guess I'm not a smart man.
>>
>>73753195

Oh god the final test for the end of advanced for that is hilarious. There's a mannequin that writhes and squirts blood everywhere.
>>
>>73751744
Marines are the way to go if you're gonna join in the current political climate. Just be absolutely sure it's what you want or you'll never make it.
>>
>>73751744
No you should not join the military. Do you really not value your own life enough to put it on the line for a country? You are going to allow yourself to be used by the great big tax farm because you want to get paid out of the pocket of the military industrial complex. It's one thing to be drafted and sent off as cannon fodder, they are victims. But you know history, and yet you would volunteer to do that? There is no honor anymore, no swords and shields or defending your homeland, you are talking about modern weaponry here which will make mincemeat of you. And to take part in the making of mincemeat of other civilians, not only do you seal their fate but you seal the fate of all those who die in terrorist retributions. Because if we took a non aggressive stance then we wouldn't even be fighting this war.
>>
>>73757759
Not a good time to go army. It's a huge PC shit show these days.
>>
>>73753328
>meanwhile the army just forced 2 women into SF

didn't happen
>>
>>73757805
What? I don't remember that shit at all. Maybe because it was so long ago that I still went to great Lakes for my a school.

>>73757828
Read what I wrote earlier.

>>73757874
Read what I wrote earlier. Plenty of comfy jobs where the only danger is to your ass and waistline from doing nothing all day.
>>
>>73757874
Cute speech, I'm sure Reddit would love it
>>
>>73757874
Fuck off. People join the army to kill and be welfare queens. When your neck deep in the shit, all that "for God and country" bullshit goes out the window and your just worried about your bros
>>
>>73757759
I was 98 percentile ASVAB and had a 134 GT and I enlisted 11B
>>
>>73751744
Erik?
>>
>>73753328
>women
>SF

This will never, ever happen. Even if they let them go to selection, they will never make a team. Ever.
>>
>>73758043
11B?

Seriously what are you trying be a warrior poet or something??

Jesus at least go SF, pipeline into Intel so you can have a career after 35 that doesn't involve guarding useless shit.

You'd be doing yourself a huge favor
>>
File: 1462430168390.gif (2 MB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
1462430168390.gif
2 MB, 300x249
I've been thinking about seeking an 18X contract, and dropping out of college.

But FUCK I want to be an officer so bad!

The pay, the prestige, the bennies, the career.

shiet
>>
>>73758184
Meanwhile rainbow six siege bolts a female onto SEALS like its nothing.

Tired of pc shit in games desu
>>
>>73758231
Officer is better than enlisted
>>
>>73757999
>Read what I wrote earlier. Plenty of comfy jobs where the only danger is to your ass and waistline from doing nothing all day.

Oh, I get it, OP is an idiot and he wants to take an idiots job.

>>73758040
You should be angry at your parents, get therapy.
>>
>>73751744
Just go Navy instead, make sure the MoS is a tradeskill like EM, MM, ET. Just don't be a Boatswain, Yeoman, or any variety of Airdale. Don't be fooled and get made a Corpsman, either. They teach you to be a Motrin dispenser.
>>
>>73758231
18x is a good program. It'll harden you up and make you more valuable than most officers. Plus you can always do green to gold later. Why not finish school and do both?
>>
>>73758231
Also protip: pick scuba over halo.
>>
>>73758541
Depends on duty station. Sometimes you have shitty ones and don't practice your skills. Sometimes you're knee deep in guts. Other times you might be doing a different rate's job. Honestly, corpsman is basically the jack of all trades rate. And that can suck hard sometimes.
>>
>>73758691
I would like to, no lie. an 18A contract, (for officers, rank of captain).

My degree is stem-related, electrical eng., so if I do SF after graduating, I would not be applying it.

I want to be an officer to fly, or work in space operations for AF.

But like I claimed in my initial post, I want to drop out haha.
>>
>>73758691
You in the armed forces bro?
>>
>>73758915
I'm just speaking from what I saw on the Washington, admittedly. I was a nuke EM on that boat, judging by your flag you might be on that boat yourself. If so, were you there for the fire after we left Chile?
>>
>>73759167
Nope. Not on a ship. Only ship I was on was for a ride along with the marines on a MEU. It was cool being on an LSD, but the navy guys didn't like us very much. Tortuga if you're curious the name.
>>
>>73759123
Go warrant of you want to fly. They are literally unfuckwithable. Lol

>>73759158
I was. I was also raised around team guys and spent most of my younger years learning a lot from them. I broke my back on a fucked up jump so I'm out now, but my civi education will likely put me back on track to get into an agency as-planned, i just won't be doing clandestine shit.
>>
>>73758202
I was in a Ranger batt for 5 years. I wasn't interested in SF because I only wanted to do direct action, SF has a very broad mission set.

>>73758231
>>73759123
You have to be pretty special to be an 18A, I'd suggest reading a lot about it first. Extremely high attrition rate.
>>
>>73759616
I've started reading "GET SELECTED!", recommended by some fag on /k/. It's pretty great, I am so tempted!
>>
>>73759966
One thing the book won't tell you....

If you do it, and you get to a breaking point, run into the woods and beat off.

Sounds silly, but that piece of wisdom got me through some fucked up shit. Lol
>>
File: 1436153218584.jpg (211 KB, 581x657) Image search: [Google]
1436153218584.jpg
211 KB, 581x657
>>73751744
>muh mareenz
>>
>>73754562
Condoms are for faggots Doc. Who were you with when you were Greenside?
>>
>>73751744
wtf is with these military shills in the last few days.

gtfo jew loving fag.
>>
File: 1460946592686.jpg (175 KB, 680x1010) Image search: [Google]
1460946592686.jpg
175 KB, 680x1010
>>73760065
I believe you. Clears the mind and all...

Thanks for sharing, I hope the Cadre dont see!
>>
>>73760231
>he will never get to kill anyone
>>
Any infantry Marines here?
My re enlistment is on Friday and I'm LAT moving to 0352. What are your opinions on that MOS.
>>
>>73757797
>fighting for Zionists because some pedo living in his mom's basement at the age of 30 told you to
>>
>>73757176
Boot pog fuck. It blows dick because you blow dick.
>>
>>73760194
On Oki with 3d med. Went on two small deployments. Then went to pendleton for the past three years. Back in japan now. And wear a fucking condom. I'll write you up if you come to my clinic a third time asking for rocephin and Zithromax.
>>
>>73759295
I'm aware that having really good grades and a really high asvab score will allow you to negotiate higher pay and pick whatever job you want. Any way they'd negotiate station? If not what other things are good to try and get before you commit?
Honestly I'd still join if the pay was half of what it is. I'm just looking to see something more than the four states I've been to and avoid making a major career decision before I even hit twenty. I've just heard from all my relatives and friends that they could have gone in a whole rank higher if they had just worked with their recruiter a little more.
>>
>>73753328
Rangers is not SF it's part of SOCOM so it's a special operation regiment. SF is the green berets. Still I agree, what a bullshit move giving the women extra chances and shit.
>>
>>73759295
Well, keep on it. I don't want to continue this because my experience with Corpsmen is too bitter to remain civil with a random one I run into on /pol/ and you haven't been hostile.
>>
>>73754133
I think the maximum points for pullups in the USMC is 20.
>>
I've heard the standard issue equipment given to the Marines is shit. Hand-me-down, run-down rifles and pistols. Is this true?
>>
>>73760527
You get stuck in a position negotiated between the needs of the Navy and the results of your aptitude results (hidden in the details of your ASVAB score, details that you'll not likely ever see but may hear commented on), with precious little lip service paid to your preferences.
If you go in with a pissant college degree you can be an officer in a completely unrelated field, though.
>>
>>73760684
Depends on the job. Most infantryman and certain non infantry get issued m4s. Everyone else gets old m16s. Gear wise it's not bad, a lot of prefer the older gear.
Odds are you won't get a pistol let alone qualify with one. But yes the pistols are old.
If you want new high speed bad ass shit try out for Recon.
>>
>>73760527
Negotiate jobs, yes. Higher pay, no. Higher pay comes from ranks and special pay bonuses. You can't negotiate stations until your a school. And it depends on the school, for example, because I was second in my class, I got to pick second for where I wanted to go.

And yes, there are things you can do to get in at a higher rank. Eagle scouts, jrotc, college credits. There's lots of options. If not any of those, just get a 'job' in boot camp (guidon, apoc, aroc, section leader, etc) and you might get promoted at graduation.

>>73760614
Because I'm not a boot and have been in for a while while also not being a 'military' guy
>>
>>73761113
What rank are you boyo
>>
>>73760536
They pushed the bitches through Ranger school, they're still in the conventional army. 75th Ranger Regiment is completely different from school
>>
>>73758070
Nigger?
>>
>>73752798
Viet-Kong detected.
>>
File: 18xqdfwfaa7h7jpg.jpg (70 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
18xqdfwfaa7h7jpg.jpg
70 KB, 800x451
Anybody here in the Air Force?

Will they take guys in their 30s? How hard is it to get into the drone pilot program?

I keep hearing that they need people to be drone pilots and I think it's something I might be good at.
>>
>>73761251
E4, six years. Focusing on college instead of studying for exams kind of screws you over. That, and my laid back tell it like it is attitude is not that good in 'today's navy'. Shit evals because ei don't suck dick for the command probably doesn't help either.

>>73761432
39 is the max age. Dunno much about AF so can't really help you. Call a recruiter and dig around on the Internet for answers.
>>
>>73761113
Hell, in DEP you can just memorize the Creed and a few shanties, pass the PRT and cinch E3 for yourself right out of boot.
>>
File: 1383799989001.jpg (74 KB, 420x400) Image search: [Google]
1383799989001.jpg
74 KB, 420x400
>>73761432
AF here, what do you want to know. Can neither confirm or deny I know about the application process.

There is an age limit (waiverable) and its in the 30s. Depends on your current age. There will never be a better time and has never been a better time to apply. You won't make the June board at this time because of application restraints
>>
>>73761616
It's that easy now? Didn't know about that. But, I started all the way at E1. Still made ore money than before I joined though.
>>
>>73761701
That was back in 2002, not absolutely sure how it is currently. Maybe they paradoxically tightened up on those particular entry requirements.
>>
>>73761936
Military is good at that. Fix some things and break others. Navy just loosened their tattoo policy up not long ago. I'm still hoping that beards will be back one day (for other than seals)
>>
>>73761701
>>73761936
It was just shit I saw happening, anyway. I got E3 out the door by virtue of Nukedom, and auto-E4 at A-School graduation.
Still not worth all the extra bullshit, or the lungfull of Cobalt I got later.
>>
>>73761432
Prior enlisted, commissioning after I graduate.
Mid 30s is too old to be a pilot of any kind, including drones. Minimum age to be a pilot is 28, and that includes drone pilots.
>>
>>73754562
Fuck you doc. I'll just change my socks instead of letting you touch my dick. You would want to touch my dick wouldn't you you faggot.
>>
>>73757805
holy shit are you serious?
thats incredible
>>
>>73762075
So you must be on the 208 surveillance program. Hope you filled the shit out of your OPNAV 5100/15

>>73762230
I just tell the marines to swab themselves or they don't get their meds. It's funny when you hear a marine say 'that wasn't so bad' after they stick a long q tip down their dickhole.

>>73762300
Didn't see it at A School, but we had one at the hospital that did all that. Even had veins and arteries that worked like the real things. Apparently the Mythbusters guys worked to make those mannequins.
>>
>>73762132
Damn, that sucks since I'm 36. Good to know I guess.

I don't have any interest in flying regular airplanes but I thought drones might be a good opportunity since I'm pretty good at spacial geometry and enjoy high-pressure situations.
>>
>>73751744
Asking pol is bad idea. Its full of hippies and pacifists.
>>
File: 1370843196895.png (357 KB, 479x358) Image search: [Google]
1370843196895.png
357 KB, 479x358
>>73762132
Its 35 for RPAs

Its a Flying Class II physical
>>
File: tumblr_n0jmojZ6Ir1s0t6o2o1_500.gif (999 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0jmojZ6Ir1s0t6o2o1_500.gif
999 KB, 500x292
>>73757201
thanks senpai
>>73753425
i had an asvab score they couldn't argue with
In DEP right now waiting to leave in june
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1242x2208
>>73751744
What branch has caught your eye?

Want to travel and don't mind loud noises and niggers?

Join the Navy

Want to something comfy as fuck and get promoted quickly?

Go Air Force

Want to get quick promotions and be comfy but don't want to get called a pussy ALL the time?

Go Army

Want to get your shit pushed in amd fucked with everyday till the day you get out but get the cool uniforms, bragging rights and a chance to shoot a haji in the face?

Go Marines or Army infantry

Want to actually serve your country and work within its borders such as stopping cartel runs and making drug busts?

Go Coast Guard
>>
>>73762416
incredible
>>
>>73762488
Picking up=/=Getting in. I'm talking about E4-E7. Hard to make rank with shitty cutting scores. Just don't be a dickhole and you'll be fine. People hate dickhole and that guy who fuck over everyone by opening their mouth or doing something stupid (that they thought was smart).

Best words of advice. The navy will fuck you every way it can, it's your job to fuck it back. Also, follow orders. Almost impossible to get in trouble if you were following what someone told you to do.
>>
>>73757999

Where's HM A school now? Was a CTN and now I'm in college for CS. I might go back for CWE or IW officer.
>>
File: unnamed (7).png (45 KB, 381x385) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (7).png
45 KB, 381x385
All memes aside is it socially acceptable to join the reserves if you work a full time office job? Anyone here ever signed up? Are full-time solders rude to you?
>>
>>73762416
I was a grunt. The shit we did and what I saw makes everything not seem so bad.

When I was eas'ing out my fire team all gangbanged this one stripper in my room that I shared. They asked me if I wanted to join them but I just wanted to play my team fortress 2 instead of catching whatever she had.
>>
>>73751744
Befriend a black guy.

They will recklessly go through high an low to save your life.
>Be me, enlisted in Army.
>be in the middle of an FTX inna woods in Norway
>Be with some buddies after a day of digging fox holes
>My black friend, "Tyrone" is just being a fun loving dude as usual
>later it's time for lights out
>Make our tent far away from everybody else's on a small hill that overlooks the whole set up
>I end up sharing a tent with Tyrone and another buddy
>As we start sleeping, out of nowhere we hear a shit ton of rustling
>Figure it's just a deer
>Tyrone knew better.
>"Y'all niggas dont even know. There's some fools out there who goin to get the fucking drop on us man!"
>me:"*laugh a bit* How could you possibly know that? Go back to sleep dude."
>"Nah-"
>Suddenly there's this loud fucking laughter.
>It was such a horrible fucking noise. I just wanted to fucking leave.
>My other buddy is having a panic attack
>But Tyrone on the other hand frowns and stares off past our flap door and just starts fake laughing on the top of his laughs
>"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH."
>The shrill laughter is suddenly cut off.
>"Aw yeah, thas fucking right bitch, I can laugh too muthafucka!"
>Silence
>We're all staring at each other, not sure of what to do
>Suddenly, through the dim moonlight setting down on our tent, we see the silhouette of a hand start to trace at our tent
>A male voice is starting to say something eery in Norwegian, but Tyrone grabs his knife and literally bursts out of the tent and starts angrily shouting at whoever the fuck is outside
>The crazy Norwegian guy is now shrieking in fear as this large black is chasing him down to the main camp
>After he holds him down, the Officers and NCOs in charge basically call for the MPs to arrive and detain the man, all while trying to keep Tyrone off of him
>They later found a knife on the crazy dude as well

Man, if it weren't for him, I ave no idea what would have happened
>>
>>73758231
You sound like a lazy faggot. Join security.
>>
>>73762775
Lol I know that feeling too well

TF2 saved me from dirty dick more than I care to admit
>>
>>73762725
alright, thank you for the advice. i was told you had to be aggressive with your job desires

>>73762748
san antonio for A school Lejune for FMF Lejune for SOCMED and Coronado for SERE
>>
>>73762488
Just remember dude, get ballsy at Basic. Unless you do something fucking nuts your record wipes after technical training

Get the coffee at Basic. I got it 18 times. Got dessert 8 times. I got fucked for it in the end but I inspired an entire flight to follow me. Many keks were had.
>>
>>73762764

Yes, they have to give you time off to fulfill your reserves obligation. If you get called up too, they have to hold your position for you for 4-5 years and if war breaks out, they have to hold it indefinitely.
>>
>>73762416
Shit man, they forgot my security debrief and dental work when I got to San Diego, that shit wasn't even close. The VA tells me I need a long-form DD-214 and every time I send for one I get a blank disk with the fancy sticker on it. Always the official sticker with my name and social, on a disk that (visibly, by the reflection) never contained any data.
>>
>>73762874
im trying to join navy SF one day so while i think thats fucking hilarious im gonna be the gray man
>>
>>73762475
Oh, you're right.
>>
File: 1382913091524.png (69 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1382913091524.png
69 KB, 225x225
>>73762801
>>
I'm graduating from college this year with an english degree and don't have any idea what to do with it I'm totally ignorant on the subject of army officer, is that a good idea?
>>
Hey OP when you go to boot camp be sure to get the dessert. It has the most calories and you need it. Make sure to eat it first. Go for seconds as well.
>>
>>73751744
Marines are the trailer park of the armed services. Join a better branch.
>>
>>73751744
Get a real job.
>>
>>73763021
Are you planning on going to OCS?

Also, do you want to go active or reserve?
>>
>>73762967
Of course I'm right, why would you think any different.

Recent changes include:

Lowering non-rated applicants minimum GPA from 3.0 to 2.5
Removal of the 180 day waiting period between applications

I'm knee deep in this process so I've got a pretty good handle on it.

E -> O especially
>>
>>73762892
That's the USA's law nz law maybe be abit different.
>>
>>73763073
>Get a real job
These newfags don't know what work means anymore. Technological advancement has made them lazy, indolent, worthless pieces of trash.
America's prior success has made them lazy. How do you solve that (you created it)?
>>
>>73763104
See I'm so ignorant on the subject that I don't know. I'm reading about OCS right now. And active vs reserve means what, you're doing something on duty as an active soldier and then as a reserve you have a civilian job and can decide to go back whenever?
>>
>>73762828
TF2 saved a lot of us it seems.

Also, g2g. Field day the office and then training. Nice talking to you all. Hopefully I helped some people out before you make the jump. It's really not that bad though. But, I know it's not for everyone.

>>73762775
That's why I hate grunts. You guys actually make me work. Also, you guys are one of the few that walk into a room, whip your dick out in my face and ask 'this supposed to look like this, doc?'. Fucking Marine Corps Hello is what I call it when you do hat to us corpsmen.

Sad thing is many are too stupid to realize that's not a normal thing to do to another grown man.
>>
>>73751744
I'd join under Trump but not for Clinton. That's not an America I'd put my life on the line for.
>>
>>73751744
this thread again?

recon marine here, stfu, man the fuck up, sign the fuckin' contract, and deal with the fuckin' consequences, you manlet bitch
>>
>>73751744

Speaking from experience, it's becoming less of a fighting force and more of an "equal opportunity employer" and it will only continue to get worse. The only reasons for joining is if you basically suck and need money for college or can't get a real job. Their is no honor or discipline or other moral imperative if that's what your looking for. It's not a bastion of conservative values either. About 90% of the people are pulled from the lowest common denominator of society with 10% actually being exceptional people.
>>
>>73763296
You have to fulfill different obligations for iether reserve or active

so if you're active you will undergo several years of service in whatever your job is

if your reserve, you have to serve one weekend in every month (so 12 times a year) while holding a civie job
>>
>>73763551
I heard that in the Navy and marines they're now allowing people that have taken anti-depressants in the past in

is that shit true?
>>
>>73758541
What about LS (logistics specialist) as a rate, decent job or no?
>>
>>73763172
Well shit, they really do need drone pilots.
I'm after that cushy developmental engineer job.
>>
>>73763612
*are now allowing
>>
File: 1381912126877.jpg (160 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1381912126877.jpg
160 KB, 666x666
>>73763437
NOBODY JOIN THE MARINES YOU HAVE TO TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN ON BASE IN CIVILIAN CLOTHES AND GET A HAIRCUT EVERY WEEK AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE

FUCK THAT SHIT

ARMY CANT HAVE SIDEBURNS
>>
File: confues.gif (639 KB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
confues.gif
639 KB, 245x276
>>73752073
This is common advice among cowardly people that believe infantry can doing nothing for your civilian life
>>
>>73763642
>army can have sideburns

And a mustache!
>>
>>73763612

I wouldn't be surprised honestly. Have a bunch of drug waivers I've served with though. Basically judge told a dealer go to jail or join the marines.
>>
>>73761428
>Viet-Kong
>Kong
It's Cong
they're little asian shits hiding in bushes not a giant ape from some fictitious place
>>
>>73753327
25 real pull ups is fucking ridiculous. have you seduced and slept with 1001 women as well?
>>
>>73763437
fuck off with your emotion bitch
join when the jews (neocon) aren't directing you, bitch
I'm sick of you stupid faggots towing the jewish line (meaning fighting wars isreal/jews specifically called for; you don't know this because you are a stupid fucking newfag).
FUCK I'M DONE
>>
>>73763642
Sounds like the 50's, I like it.
>>
File: 128512249431.jpg (69 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
128512249431.jpg
69 KB, 853x480
>>73763831
YOU DONT GET NO PUSSY WITH A TUCKED IN SHIRT SON

MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A 40 YEAR OLD DAD

>>/fa/
>>
>>73751744
>If you can go air force
>no matter what remember with the recruiter you have all the power as a civilian >Google shit don't let him lie to you or bully you into making a shitty choice
>don't go open general
>don't be an mp or security forces
>learn a trade like plumbing or an electrician the military had and needs these jobs to set up and repair bases
> don't be an aircraft mechanic their life sucks
> use the military or it will use you
> take advantage if you gi bill and tuition assistance
> don't be a fucking stupid fuck if you are stay out of the military I don't want to work with you no one wants to work with you we will make your life shitty
> if your alright amiable and in general a good worker your life will be great here
>>
>>73763790
go to socom: realize its all white supremacists
>>
>>73762764
>All memes aside is it socially acceptable to join the reserves if you work a full time office job?
Yes.

>Anyone here ever signed up?
Yes.

>Are full-time solders rude to you?
Yes.
>>
>>73763790
and i could a give 2 fucks about a kike or knigger, im just here to kill some sinners
>>
I came from a shit town so I needed it. They trained me as an electrician and I did 2 deployments and 8 years of moderate work on a ship and at a building with plenty of time off and was paid reasonably. Also earned a shitty degree for free from a community college.

Best part was the translation of the job to the outside. With 8 years of maritime electrician work I was able to get work on the outside and clear close to 75k these days. Also my sons college is 100% paid for (transferred GI bill to him).

TLDR get a job that translates into money in the outside world and it can be much more useful than going to college out of hs. Also you get paid.
>>
>>73764074
>realize its all white supremacists
I don't fucking care.
They are brainwashed fucks as I have all century.
That's the fucking problem. They don't question enough. They do question, but not worldwide enough. It's complicated. Here's the deal. Don't trust anyone, even your own wife, mother, child. Don't be a pussy. Question everything. That leads you to not be tricked. There's a jewish word for being tricked... some isreali fag can bring it up.
>>
>>73751744

The requirements for going to bootcamp are really easy and you train for a few months regularly before going. You have to be able to do 2 pullups, 55 situps in 2 minutes, and I think the running was 1.5 miles in 15 minutes. You'll take a test before going which determines which MOS you are able to go into. I highly suggest studying for it as it's a very easy test if you know what's going to be on it. I got a 97 on it which qualifies for any MOS and a 1860 on my SAT to give you a quick comparison of the difficulty. That said the Marine Corps is not like other branches so only join it if you really want to be a Marine. If you just want to join some military branch and the recruiting officer notices he will tell you to fuck off

PROTIP: If you're a skinny fuck and get offered double rations take it, you'll turn into a fucking monster
>>
>>73763612
It doesn't matter just don't say anything about them to your recruiter or anyone else. They don't have access to your civilian medical records, and if you need to get on anti depressants after you make it through training it's usually no big deal.
>>
>>73751744
I've been thinking about enlisting too, but I'm too old for the marines and coast guard.
>>
>>73763627
If you like being the mailman or running the cash register at the commissary or ship's store. My grandpa did it and made his retirement hoarding cigarettes in the freezer and selling at a premium during Vietnam.
>>
>>73764285

1.5 miles in 13:30 for males, 15:00 for females.

Also if you are double rations then you will get to the front of the line in bootcamp every meal. This is HUGE because the people that get fucked at the back of the line end up with <5 minutes to actually eat their meal.
>>
>>73764508
Sounds like a shit job if I've heard of one. Oh well, guess that's how I'll be spending my next 4 years lel.
>>
>>73764441

If you're in shape and motivated they will make an exception. We had a 40 year old show up in our recruiting office who was extremely motivated to join the Marine Corps and pumped out 25 pullups on our in-office pull-up rack to show he was in shape. The recruiting officer made an exception and let him in
>>
>>73763612
No. We downsized and aren't even letting people with tattoos stay in. You honestly think we would be letting in some depressed faggots?
>>
>>73754225
It makes me so sad that this is what my beloved Corps has come to. Disenfranchised millenials.
No bitch under a 7 was allowed at the ball and the wives were top tier Christian white women.
Now you fucks bring back shit foreign trash. Fuck this world.
>>
>>73764058
>don't be an mp or security forces
Why not?
>>
>>73764771
BULLSHIT. No way you gave that person a waiver. only plausible way is if he was going musician route and even then the 28 year old cutoff is pushing it.

Absolutely no fucking way this person would be sent to boot just because they could do pullups.
>>
>joining as officer soon, consider asking for Intelligence
>remember the shit my dad went through to get his security clearance
>recall the various /pol/-ish things that have been said by me on Skype between me and other /pol/ friends
>realize that the odds of the military having a way of looking into my Skype chat history are reasonable enough
Paranoia is some shit.
>>
>>73751744
Never volunteer for anything. Wait until you're drafted.
>>
File: tea and crumpets.jpg (1 MB, 2596x2576) Image search: [Google]
tea and crumpets.jpg
1 MB, 2596x2576
>>73751744
I served nine years in the British Army as a combat engineer. I was in the Corps of Royal Engineers.
I travelled a lot. If you want to travel, then joining USMC is a good start. My job was in EOD - explosive ordinance disposal. Basically making bombs safe.
But we also did stuff like bridging rivers, minefield clearance, setting up landing zones for helicopters, mapping and cartography and loads of other tasks.

I enjoyed it. I only got in a firefight twice. Both fights were in Iraq. We destroyed the enemy with disciplined precision and controlled aggression. The teamwork is second nature - you have to have the ability to know what your comrades are thinking.

Also war is a shit. It destroys everything. Read this, please read it before you make any choice:

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf
>>
>>73764734
Insist on getting forklift quals, then crossrate to Seabee so you can get a proper Operator's license and play with dozers graders and loaders, and work your way up to cranes. If you can get a crane operation license in the Navy you're set for life as long as you're halfway competent.
Then after you spend twenty years moving shipping containers to retire from the Navy you can get a Union job pulling those same levers until you're ready to collect your secondary retirement check for the rest of your life.
>>
>>73765435
>Doubting the corruption of recruiters.
They get commission for every recruit whether they make it through boot or not. I've seen diplomas printed out from fictional high schools to push people through.
>>
>>73765558
I feel you, gotta erase your social media presence before you commission.

And for now, stop being an edgy faggot online.
>>
>>73765970
This doesn't happen in the real world you fucking autist. For every motivated poolee that walks in there's dozens more right behind them. Recruiters barely have to work and match their monthly quotas within days. They overfill so much they put you into a delayed entry program so they can send you at a later time and have to do even less work. You know what's done when we realize that a kid will need any sort of waiver now? We tell them to go down the hall to the army recruiter.

Real life recruiting duty =/= movie perception recruiting duty
>>
>>73765970
And further more if your poolee ends up being anything other than a drop for a legit medical reason you are responsible for sending an unprepared person to boot. Failure to adapt, suicidal ideation, UA, drug pops, etc WILL get your ass in trouble with your recruiting station command and even recruiting region command if severe or repetitive enougj.
>>
>manage to get dat dere officer job in the army
>still in formation, will get to study armed conflict law and humanitarian laws at pic related, while getting paid
>will prob go to Geneva next and others sweet places
>then i'll get deployed, my pay will triple and i'll still stay comfy outside of them fights
>might get some assignement at OTAN on cyberwarfare or something
>loads of jobs when i'll go back at civil life, including UN's ones

Too bad it will never happen cause everything will crash with the civil war
>>
>>73766330
>>73766464
Okay, dude. You're the one recruiter who doesn't do it. Good for you.
>>
>>73767696
You really think recruiters are going to risk doing shady shit for one person when there's literally dozens waiting to enlist behind them? Recruiting duty for the corps is the easiest b billet ever. It's 3 years of doing nothing but sitting in an office and working 2 days a week which is a DEP function and another of taking kids to meps.

We don't grant waivers and we don't bother with anyone who needs one. Anyone you served with who says they did this or that is full of shit.
>>
File: 1460039798980.jpg (96 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
1460039798980.jpg
96 KB, 498x750
>>73751744
Enlisted just this last December.
94T MOS Avenger Systems Repairer
I ship for Basic Combat Training on the 18th of May.

I'll be finished with training this upcoming December just in time for Trump to wage our great war.

Paving the way for US air domination over the shitskins.

Also when the UK needs rescued from the clutches of the new Caliphate, I will be there to help liberate the bongs, you're welcome in advance.
>>
>>73767972
Yes, because I saw it first-hand. Cry foul all you want, but we both know who's full of shit here.
>>
>>73751744
Do it

I stepped into the footprints at Parris Island myself and my time in was the greatest time of my life

And it's similar to FMJ with all the yelling and profanity and nonstop hilarity, although it's not hilarious when you're going through it but afterwards, oh man, it's hilarious in retrospect
>>
>>73768095
What RS was this and what are you claiming they did? Don't try to feed me this whole "jail or Marines" bs that only happened in the frozen chosin corps. The Marine Corps has had no problems meeting their mission recruitment goals, even in early oif days. Even today after the downsize we will never struggle or need to canvas to meet numbers when there's tons of people who will enlist. The only times we ever canvas is to look for pussy while we are in uniform.

When did you eas and what did you do?
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.