[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting Over - A new community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (656 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
656 KB, 1920x1080
So I know this gets discussed way the fuck too often, but nothing ever comes from it. Well I am sick of that. I've been reading these daydream threads for years now. Some get more legs than others, but no one ever follows through.

Let's take the idea of starting an island country and Immediately throw that away as being completely unrealistic.

Great. Now that we've done that, what is stopping a group of like minded individuals from buying up a bunch of land in say..... Very rural Midwest U.S.A. And starting an innawoods community together?

Aftern literally 15 minutes of google searching ive found 50 acres of land in Wisconsin that includes a fucking river running through it, and access to power at one corner of the property, for just $70,000. Again this was only 15 minutes of searching. I am certain much better deals exist.

So why isn't this happening? Wouldn't it be awesome to form real, lifelong bonds with your bros as you work together building, farming, fishing, laughing and joking by the fire?
>>
>>73738957
I feel like if say, 20... Or even 10 people came together to do this, it could work. We could build a community shelter at first, but eventually have the goal of everyone having their own shelter over the years. Having access to running water and power makes it basically easy mode.

And it's not like it would be full blown innawoods either. Civilization might not be next door, but it would be somewhere nearby.
>>
>>73738957
$70,000 for 50 acres is a nice deal
>>
> no niggers
>>
>>73738957
pretty sure some people did this in new hampshire; think there are a ton of libertarians near a place called 'keene'
>>
>>73739475
I'll have to look into this, thanks!
>>
>>73738957
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_State_Project
>>
File: 1454359483902.jpg (123 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
1454359483902.jpg
123 KB, 880x587
bump
also NH is a state that might be good for this sort of thing
>>
File: 1462997007102.png (304 KB, 472x470) Image search: [Google]
1462997007102.png
304 KB, 472x470
>>73741478
>>73741478
>1478

REEEEEEE
>>
>>73738957

It's much harder to be substience farming than what you might think.

And that place is going to get bitterly cold in winter. All the tree will be gone for firewood within 3 years. The land has to be cultivated expertly if you don't want to use commercial fertilizer.

There are many things that need to go up in a higher order for it to work. It's not impossible! Oh nonono, that's not what I am saying, but it will require a collection of dedicated individuals ready for backbreaking manual labour 12 months of the year to work.

There's a reason we prefer to sit in our apartments and shitpost here rather than buying a plot of land together with a bunch of liberatarians and cultivating it.

And then you have all the red tape on top of it, what can you grow, how can you grow it, dozens of goverment agencies will come harassing you for this and that, home inspections, waste management, etc etc etc
>>
>>73741601
What?
>>
>>73741927
It would be nice to buy a plot that in addition to woods includes a farm and a field to plant potatoes, cabbage etc in, plus some land for farm animals. That might be too Amish-ish for anons, though.
>>
>>73744112
Not at all. This is exactly what I want. Lots of farmland with vegetables, fruits, chickens, goats...
>>
>>73741927
I wouldn't be opposed to "cheating" here and there in order to make things slightly easier... Use of some fertilizers, etc.

In fact honestly it wouldn't be able being "as natural as possible" at all in my view. Any modern technology that would help being self sufficient would and should be used, such as solar electric panels, modern farming methods, modern tools etc.

The idea is "work smarter, not harder". Shit, I'd envision even having wifi and some electricity
>>
>>73741927
Waste can be gathered in a pickup truck and brought to a dump quite easily. And I imagine there would be at least a few vehicles in the community.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.