[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEAF NAVY YES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: justin-trudeau-1.jpg (218 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
justin-trudeau-1.jpg
218 KB, 620x465
>be Canada
>largest coastline in the world
>borders on the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic oceans
>be cruising around with one of only 4 submarines in the fleet
>collide with underwater mountain
>no injuries
>entire crew has PTSD from the incident
>3 operational submarines left in the fleet
>scheduled to always have 1 docked for maintenance at any given time, not just because of accidents
>1 sub for the entirety of the Atlantic and Arctic oceans
>mfw Australia just bought 12 brand new subs
>>
File: leaf sub.png (2 MB, 1365x777) Image search: [Google]
leaf sub.png
2 MB, 1365x777
>>
>>73728609
To be fair, for most people, collision accidents while in a submarine would be terrifying.
>>
I got PTSD just from reading this. Oh god...
>>
>>73728609
>tfw drunk cheeseheads could conquer Canada
>>
File: 1462652623156 (1).jpg (12 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1462652623156 (1).jpg
12 KB, 500x333
don't worry, we'll annex you as soon as shit hits the fans anyway
>>
File: Canadian-Bacon_3.jpg (40 KB, 328x475) Image search: [Google]
Canadian-Bacon_3.jpg
40 KB, 328x475
>>73729559
There was actually a movie about that. It's pretty funny and surprisingly was directed by Michael Moore before he started making documentaries and became an old woman.
>>
File: HMCS_Corner_Brook.jpg (183 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
HMCS_Corner_Brook.jpg
183 KB, 800x449
>>73729211
Obviously we didn't all get PTSD. That's just the official response. It's all about the mental health bullshit.
>>
There's literally no use for Canada to have a military nowadays. We have American with the largest military fleet to defend us from any threat if anything. I think the government should instead defund the military and just focus on humanitarian and peacekeeping role, and moreover have the budget focused on social welfare for the one that needs it.
>>
>>73730038
If you want us to protect you, you have to pay up you silly maple syrup merchant.
>>
>>73728609
You guys have mounties armed with diamond tipped combat hockey sticks, though.
>>
>>73730017
They can all just smoke some of that government issued weed and chill out a bit.

Weedman did give you guys the weed, right?
>>
>>73730038

I actually agree with this.

Canada's most useful role in a potential conflict is simply to be a source of additional manpower for infantry.
>>
>>73730038
>>73730165
No more free rides when Trump takes office.
>>
>>73730514
I honestly don't know why Canada isn' used as a resource base for the United States. We try so hard to be our own unique country with trade and a vision for the future, when in reality we would do just fine being a self governing yet united partner with the United States.
>>
>>73730017
How circumstances affect people varies so wildly. Or, rather, how people react to circumstances.
Some people are scared to death and back and some people get over it immediately, or else were never that afraid to begin with.
>>
>>73728609
Hey at least you're navy is defending your own coastline. We only have 2 offshore and 4 inshore vessels, the offshore vessels intercepts drugs in the Indian ocean while the inshore ships watch illegal Chinese trawlers plunder fishing stocks in our territorial waters. Sometimes I feel like we are Leaf v2.0 minus the apologizing and large budget.
>>
>>73730038
Russia has been snooping around in the resource-rich Arctic for years, because there's no Canadian patrol. Tensions got pretty high at one point. But even now we still aren't monitoring it, because it's just way too big of an area.

And if things went to shit, how fast would the US navy get up to the Arctic or North Atlantic? Or would they even bother?

btw as ice is melting, the Northwest Passage is becoming an increasingly important trade route
>>
>>73728609
Aussies gave sub construction contact to the cheese eating surrender monkeys

Give it a year and the blueprints wil be leaked 2 the Chinks
>>
>>73729876
what's the movie that youre talking about
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.