[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on /his/ hate science? Are they just leftypol or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1456287024874.png (256 KB, 636x708) Image search: [Google]
1456287024874.png
256 KB, 636x708
Why do people on /his/ hate science? Are they just leftypol or something?
>>
It's the left wing version of pol
>>
>>73622555
what do you mean?

his has people that have actually read some books unlike this board that try to discuss history. If you come here for anything other than shitposting and humour, you have autism.
>>
File: dead kraut.jpg (56 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
dead kraut.jpg
56 KB, 534x800
>>73622761
Sadly, this
>>
>>73622761
>implying/his/ isnt just /r/history
>>
>>73622761
>>73622843
So you admit these posts are shitposts and aren't meant to be taken seriously, or are you autists? Quite the conundrum.
>>
>>73623303
I post seriously in here once in awhile, usually when discussing history. My biggest interests are reading ancient and islamic history. So if the topics come up I'll discuss it seriously in here if anyone is interested to know stuff further than bullshit infographics and the hollywood version of history
>>
>>73622761
>read some books
Kek

Anything but first hand source material, which is also heavily bias obviously, is worthless

History also breaks down at the worldview level because none of it can be tested. /his/ and similar type of people assert objectivity and ignore this.
>>
>>73622761
They either take some wild religious dogma or believe in some really soft shit with nothing in between, as if science is completely useless
>>
>>73623872
Which now that I think about it means they aren't entirely leftypol
>>
>>73623809
>what is a social science?

>>73623872
science and history are totally different things and don't mix well with each other. I'm an engineer by background and grew up studying maths and science, it wasn't until my 20's I started picking up history books. Science is black and white and objective, history isn't and you sort of have to apply an ideology somewhat to interpret information. I would never go to a historian about science like I wouldn't go to an electrician about my health problems
>>
>>73624450

>what is falsification
>>
>>73624589
so you think we should disregard reading history because of cases of falsification. Maybe we should stop going to the hospital because they can't keep 100% of their patients alive. Gas yourself
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.