[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fast Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
>McDonald's on every corner
>spending actual money on Big Macs instead of a better quality meal at someplace a block away
>implying you eat there for convenience and not habit and brand recognition

Is this a mean greentext?
>>
>>73584546
the fuck is that? Arbys?
>>
File: 628271918181.jpg (40 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
628271918181.jpg
40 KB, 400x300
>Better quality meal
>In america
>>
>>73584589
thats yor mums roast beef sandwich you fucking asshole dickhead fuckhead cunt faggot racist
>>
>>73584672
t. fan of arbys
>LOOK MUM I DI' IT AGAI'
>>
>>73584752
>Look dad. Dad? Dad are you there?
t. Jamal
>>
>>73584589
Looks like a Cuban sandwich on ciabotta bun.
>>
>>73584546
McDonald sucks unless you are underage.

>>73584622
Whatever toast bread.

>>73584672
Why are australians so good looking, and how does it feel being cucked by a danish prince?
>>
>>73584546
Going to a Western restaurant:
>wait to be seated
>decide what you want
>wait to give your food order
>oh sorry I'm just here for your drink order your real waitress will be right over
>wait for real waitress
>give order and wait 20 minutes for food
>finish food and have to wait for them to bring bill
>give money or card and wait for change or card back
>leave tip t-thanks for great service

Entire process like an hour.
>>
>>73584978
This. I eat there because it's the only hamburger my 5 year old kid actually eats.
>>
>>73584546
> and not habit and brand recognition
So true in Russia too. Every food court in malls: huge line in Mac and very little customers buying from other brands. They don't even need to go block away.
>>
>>73585104
What's it like over there? Is it quicker? What's the difference?

>>73585221
Then stop feeding your 5 year old kid burgers. He'll stop whining about it, and he'll be a little healthier and have better taste for it too. I don't care if his mother fed him the stuff or what, there's no reason to perpetuate it unless you don't want to teach your kid how to delay satisfaction and how to appreciate other foods as well. This isn't an insult, you know deep down inside that's just a shitty and lazy way to parent a child.
>>
>>73585104
for me the main reason i sometimes go to fast food joints
I really cannot relate the facts that the high-end restaurants are a place for financially successful, yet they eagerly waste a mans most precious commodity - time
>>
>>73585466
A lot of places here you place your order and pay from a machine as soon as you enter the restaurant. Give your order ticket directly to the cook and wait ~5 minutes for your food. Eat and just walk out. Other places like sushi restaurants have a conveyor belt that brings food around and you just grab what you want. The plates have RIDF chips and at the end they just use a handheld scanner to calculate your bill and you pay at the register. They also have touchscreen at your seat and special orders are brought by staff or sometimes by a small train device to your seat.
>>
>>73585742
Diners and cafes are the closest thing to that it seems. I guess it's not really a surprise to me that our food culture is that awful.
>>
>>73586055
In Japan I eat out maybe ~50% of my meals because it's actually quicker than cooking. In the West I eat out maybe one meal a week when I have enough free time.
>>
>>73585221
And I'm not saying that all burgers are bad. Just that encouraging picky eating like that, especially if it's a 5 year old's taste buds (thus why he likes McDonalds) is just going to lead to bad habits.

What's next? "Popeye's rice is the only rice my kid likes"
"My kid only likes chicken in nugget form"
>>
>>73586141

Is it true that in Japan eating out regularly is actually somewhat affordable? Here even some crappy Indian food is like $8, you could buy a lot of food and cook it yourself for that.
>>
>>73586866
Yeah for around 5 US dollars you can get some kind of fish, rice, vegetables, soup, and tea.
>>
>>73586866
>>73586992
It's true in a lot of countries.

Here's what $5 gets you in Colombia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oIIsLrpqHY

I like fast food. I think the issue is related to what we choose. People also think these prices are acceptable, and which gives them incentive to raise it to ridiculous levels.

Fast food is a concentrated industry over here, as opposed to just simple street food and vendors who are honest and just want to make money.
>>
Some fast food joints are okay, they aim to be cheap. Wendy's does a much better simple burger than McDonald's.

McDonald's is trying their damnedest to become an hero now anyway so they'll eventually get bought out in 10 years or so.
>>
>>73586055
We have the time and space to sit down and talk business before we have to let the next group have a chance to eat.
>>
File: 1460862860597.jpg (39 KB, 448x597) Image search: [Google]
1460862860597.jpg
39 KB, 448x597
I personally like some fast food places for the taste.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.