[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there taxes on food, gasoline ect. if there are already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: himoto-umaru-chan-ps-vita.jpg (40 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
himoto-umaru-chan-ps-vita.jpg
40 KB, 800x445
Why are there taxes on food, gasoline ect. if there are already taxes on income? Shouldn't the tax on income be enough?
>>
>>73499829
I'm not an expert, but it could be to do with the making it dependant on how many of these things a person purchases, rather than making everybody pay higher taxes.
>>
>>73499829
I'm not an expert, but I think it could be to get more money.
>>
Different levels of government tax at different places to make it seem more palatable, the Fed called dibs on most of the income tax, leaving sales for city/state.

And sometimes they're earmarked for specific things, again to make it more palatable. Cigarette taxes for schools, gasoline taxes for roads, etc.
>>
>>73499829
I'm not an expert, but I think it could be to pay for your free healthcare and your children education, and pro muslim state propaganda
>>
>>73499829
What are you even asking? Of course taxes are far too high, but the government want as much power and money as they get, and unfortunately, still do most of the voters who are too lazy to work on their own and "rely" on the government for financial assistance.

The main reason those taxes exist is because some of it could be argued as "sins" that are taxed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_tax Sales tax is just another thing people have come to accept but yes, it doesn't actually make sense in rationality. But people and governments aren't rational. The government would tax the air you breathed if they could
>>
>>73500280
But i pay road tax for roads
>>
>>73499829
I`m not an expert but, DUDE WEED LAMO
>>
>>73499829
>>73499829
Those are pretty much essentials so they know you won't stop buying them.

It's like how they get people hooked on cigarettes and pretend to fight it by taxing them heavily when really they are just taking your money and smokers drain the health system less because they die young. Politicians and big tobacco are all working together.
If you grow and catch your own food you can get by this.
>>
>>73500373
Yes, but that's hardly enough if you accept that the goal is acquiring all the money, and microtransactions at the pump work towards that end.
>>
I am an expert, and this is what cracks me up: when we increase the sales tax from 1 cent to 2 cents per dollar, THE FUCKING PRESS SAYS THE TAX WENT UP BY ONE PERCENT.

HA AHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAAHA

and the fact that sales tax always goes up, and never comes down.
>>
File: hamster gets diabetes.gif (4 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
hamster gets diabetes.gif
4 MB, 480x480
>>73499829
When it comes to things like fuel, tobacco, alcohol or any other product that hippies want to ban or restrict for environmental, ethical, moral or health reasons, the government slaps a tax on it to make more money instead of just outright banning it. This way they get the support of those hippies whilst raking in lots of extra cash.
>>
Why want a girlfriend when you could have THIS?
>>
>>73499829
Because people would actually notice how much purchasing power the government is taking if it was one big number, so instead they nibble on different areas
>>
File: 1441286352168.png (222 KB, 675x225) Image search: [Google]
1441286352168.png
222 KB, 675x225
>>73499829
Income tax is the worst tax and should be repealed first.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.