[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 462x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 462x318
/pol/
What do you think about School?

In my opinion most of the time spent in School is a waste of time
>>
>>73447738
Its becoming more and more important in Mexico as well as more accesible to more Mexicans
>>
File: broto.jpg (163 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
broto.jpg
163 KB, 900x900
>inb4 le intellectual mexican
>>
>>73447738
I went to uni for engineering and I didn't attend a single lecture. I just goofed off and did everything last minute and crammed the week before an exam.

I just wish they let me take a test for my damn degree and it could have saved some $60,000 and 4 years of my life.
>>
>>73447738
Everything before graduate school is useless.
>>
I think school is could be improved here, and I haven't been in it for a decade, but overall it's a great time where you get a chance to learn things full time.

School hopefully will open doors to interests for you and let you figure out what you are passionate about and want to learn more of.

Also take full advantage of any resources it affords you, like libraries and optional lectures, etc. Different ways to hear new ideas.
>>
>>73448176
>Everything before graduate school is useless.
Aha. Go tell that to all the parents that no longer raise their good damn kids.
>>
>>73448062
This. If you know your thing and just need official certification you should be able to take practical and theory exams. But still, rather as a confirmation of skills and not as a scientific title.
>>
>>73448224
>School hopefully will open doors to interests for you and let you figure out what you are passionate about and want to learn more of.
This is the whole philosophy that western colleges have right now and it is bullshit.

They have all these extracirriculars. Great. I like videogames. I'm paying for some guy to throw a ball around.

They have all these electives. Great. I like history. There's no career in that and I'm definitely not going to abandon my engineering degree. On the other hand, I've literally dropped classes because they started out with the fedora professor announcing (unbidden, and purely from ego) that "God has no place in a philosophy classroom", then announcing that he's teaching a class on "New Age Spirituality".

I'm there for work, not to dick around reading books. I can (and do) do that on my own time.
>>
>>73448062
We need apprenticeships and tests for jobs not these bullshit degrees that take 4+ years. But then professors would have to go out and get a real job.
>>
>>73447738
Highschool? I think so much can be condensed so you can graduate in 3 years instead of 4. I remember my senior year full of classes like PE, Art, and helping the office because I took the highest courses already and they wouldn't let me retake them or leave school early.

College/University is fine, just go to a good one and get a good degree. If you can't afford it, go to a cheap one first and knock out good grades for scholarships and to save money.
>>
>>73447738
public schools are shit where you come out half educated and are basically baby sitting programs. i learned more shit at my state college then i ever have at public school.

there's studies going around showing homeschooling is even better than it too.
http://www.nheri.org/research/research-facts-on-homeschooling.html
>>
>>73447738
If it's a waste of time, what should children be doing instead?
>>
>>73447738
Your underage is showing, kid. Stop complaining.
>wahh I have to go to school it's so useless and boring I could learn everything I need to by myself wahhhh I want to stay home all day

If you can't bring yourself to go to school for 6 - 8 hours every weekday, how in the FUCK will you ever learn to drag yourself to the office if you ever get a job?
>>
File: teaching dindus and you.jpg (2 MB, 1303x4720) Image search: [Google]
teaching dindus and you.jpg
2 MB, 1303x4720
>>73447738
I feel for teachers stuck in low income schools.
>>
>>73447738

It's done very poorly. In my opinion, the whole of elementary/high school should focus on giving a good historical/cultural education, and then after that people can go into different career paths if they want (like science or medicine)
>>
>>73449323
>I'm at college to get a high-paying job but hate the idea of an office job
>saving up to build my own business
>can recognize that the current system has flaws
"Hurr-durr if you don't like things the way they are then you're under-aged and will never have a job!"
>>
A lot of it is a waste of time. Not all subjects are equal in importance, yet they're often treated as such. Teaching should be regarded as a more prestigious profession, requiring higher education, standards and pay than currently (Finland is good at this I believe).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.