[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Richard Nixon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: nix-port.jpg (19 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
nix-port.jpg
19 KB, 230x300
Redpill me on Nixon, /pol/?
>>
>>73435506

>actually believing the le nixon was bad meme

Well, his fuck up was killing muh gold standard and trying to snuff the Watergate break in (which was only aggravated by his underlings refusing to be fall guys)
>>
>>73435506
Basically this >>73436001

Not a bad president all in all. Also, I agree with his views on homosexuals.

>t. homosexual
>>
Hated hippies, fags, and Jews.

Willing to do what it took to keep leftist scum out of power.

Did nothing wrong.
>>
Off-topic and /b/-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist). Unless they are quality, well thought out, well written posts, the following are examples of off-topic and/or /b/-tier threads:

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)
>>
>>73435506
The Jews got him, literally. Look up those two reporters.

Also,

>liberals literally argue global warming is a national security risk

If this is true how is a liberal administration not a national security risk. Look how bad Obama fucked up Iraq. Nixon was just making sure some pussy hippie didn't get control of our nukes.

Nixon didn't even order the break in. He just heard about it later and then tried to pretend he didn't.
>>
>ended the gold standard
>started the EPA
>opened up relations with China, leading to their current trade position

he wasn't evil and he did some things right (ending the vietnam war for example) but overall his impact was negative
>>
>>73439147
desu the EPA did clean up air and water quality quite a bit, before environmentalism was taken over by leftists
>>
I saw one of his interviews on youtube after he was president. He's the only president of the 20th century I'd be interested in having a drink with.
>>
File: aD014DK_700b.jpg (80 KB, 460x679) Image search: [Google]
aD014DK_700b.jpg
80 KB, 460x679
>>73437076
I really wish "X General" posts would also be added to the examples.
>>
Helped launch Hillary's political career
>>
>>73435506
Redpilled paleoconservative. Great fucking guy who knew what was up.

It's a shame that history so thoroughly destroyed his image and people nowadays see him as the evil personification of corruption, when people nowadays get off the hook for doing far worse.
>>
>>73435506

The funny thing about Nixon is that the sketchy shit he pulled with Watergate wasn't even the worst political moves at the time. Hell he lost the election to JFK because JFK pulled even sketchier shit. (Dead people voting for him in Chicago). Nixon learned from losing that election that you had to be a crook in order to win. And the sad part is that people see Kennedy as flawless and Nixon as a huge crook.
>>
>>73435506
>Repill me on X
>>73436001
>>73436085
Well there's 3 stages
>1.Nixon was bad ebil racist republican
Watergate
Nam
Drug war
Cuts

Then you realize that liberals are dickheads and so some research
>2. Nixon dindu nufin
Ended Viet Nam
Supported the drug war at the behest of black leaders
Used government power "well" (EPA etc)
Cut us off gold since Johnson's guns and butter bankrupted us
Watergate wasn't as bad as what some other politicians did
He supported various civil rights measures in congress
Opened up China

Do more research and find out he was scum
>3. Nixon, evil again but for different reasons

Started undeclared, secret and unconstitutional wars in SEA

There is evidence that he grenaded the peace in Viet Nam Johnson wanted during his administration so Nixon could take the credit, extending the war and lives /treasure lost

Directed the IRS to target enemies

The "opening " up of the PRC to "free" trade was done with the lives and sovereignty of Bangladesh, East Timor and Cyprus as stepping stones, and legitimatized a murderous regime that ended up trampling the US in production using anti competitive measures. It helped the Sino Soviet split though, but the trade deal with the PRC should have had some sunset provisions.

Kissinger engineered the Yom Kippur war the result of which was a US KSA Israel Alliance against communism, while the first arms and funds the latter two. This too had no sunset and has far outlived its purpose. Also allying with radical muds for proxy fights proved costly under him, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes , Clinton, and Obama.

The drug war threatened black and white families alike, ballooned city state and federal budgets and powers needlessly, threatens families and Haldeman admitted it was to fuck over potential political dissidents
>>
>>73439147
To be "fair", a lot of firms and people were polluting the air and water supply, whose ownership was contested to collective, and from a free market perspective didn't provide for private incentives not to so some action that has clear and immediate financial return to the individual performing it, but
>May
Have
>Some
Cost
>Spread out
Among all people
>over time

The EPA did well for the first decade. Later it was used as a political bludgeon, used to curb "global climate change", and made polluted lake after lake.

As for China, the USSR and the PRC were seen as an unstoppable nuclear hegemon, that no one wanted to trade with on free terms. By giving one nation a favorable advantage over the other, it split their interests once more

As for gold, if he didn't do that
>Bankrupt us de facto making the world still think the king had clothes on, make the USD a floating currency
We would have been bankrupt we jure. There would be no gold left whatsoever. Vietnam and welfare left us in the red. That was a nice present LBJ left Nixon and the American people, but hey it for him votes!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.