[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Service" based economy. Is it just a Meme /pol/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: telemarketers1.jpg (16 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
telemarketers1.jpg
16 KB, 480x319
"Service" based economy.

Is it just a Meme /pol/.
Through most of my education I've heard that countries go through a 3 phase procress to modernisation:

1) Agricultural
2) Manufacturing
3) Service based.

But is the last one just a meme pol. I mean here in the US we're still crying about manufacturing jobs going over to China. What happened to glorious service based economy?
>>
>>73362119
Because "modernization" is quite similar to "progressivism". It sounds like something good, but actually sucks ass.
>>
File: keynes.jpg (37 KB, 460x454) Image search: [Google]
keynes.jpg
37 KB, 460x454
>>73362119
>But is the last one just a meme pol
Yes.

You can't base an economy on debt, people getting each other haircuts and serving coffee. You need to manufacture and sell shit that other countries want if you want to be able to buy shit from other countries for a sustained period of time.
>>
>>73362119

if it's not services that go to to other countries, yes.

If you can't export you just import, the only countries that can have service based economies is because they have an industry which exports large amounts with few people and frees everyone else up for service jobs.
>>
3D printing you piece of shit, have you heard of it?
It's not manufacturing anymore it's a service.
Soon we'll print anything faster and cheaper than ever.

Soon you'll earn money by putting your autonomous be the taxi whore in the street for you.
Definitely a service economy.
>>
>>73362119
service based economies don't work because you literally make money out of shit that no other country can use/buy.
>>
i became a security guard, thinking i'd never have to speak to people. i'd just be doing lonely graveyard surveillance.

what i became: a fucking receptionist.

i'm greeting dozens of visitors and taking dozens of phone calls each day. i'm doing fucking HR work.

i'm supposed to be an anxious aspie. i get the least aspie-friendly work ever.
>>
>>73362119
>>73363421
Lots of services are automated too.

You can pay bills over the phone without talking to anyone. I was activating my cable box, it was automated. It didn't work so I'll have to talk to someone.
>>
>>73363554
What about tourism?
>>
>>73363482
10/10, Australia by 2020
>>
>>73363482

Someone still has to design, program and finish those objects.
>>
>>73362119
Another way to see it is resource or service based. The line between manufacturing and services can be very muddled.

While services make up the vast majority of a 1st world countries GDP, resources are really what makes them powerful. The US for example is relatively fortunate with it's food production and energy reserved.

A country can be rich as fuck with services but all of a sudden their imports are cut off and the population starves.
>>
>>73362226
yeah, i think modernization just means

>we need to get as many women, fags, spics, and niggers into the workforce so jobs can be replaced with mcjobs
>then we can send all the good jobs overseas because we have to help the "developing world"
>but that's not enough, we need to give billions of taxpayer dollers to africa and asia
>because it's 2016 and we need to modernize

it's even worse when you factor in the global warming scam and all the trillions of dollars it's going to make in the coming decades for everyone except america. and then there's the trillions of dollars america already owes and the fact the jew owned fed is printing monopoly money like crazy
>>
>>73363880
Yup, motherfucker have you heard of generative design? Soon we'll power it with AI.
It will show you thousands of possible models and you'll just have to choose one or add constraints in natural language.
>>
>>73363700
>America
>tourism

never will happen.
>>
>>73362119
>here in the U.S.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.