[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Veterans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: 01.jpg (80 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
80 KB, 799x600
Anyone else tired of self-entitled modern veterans?

They come back acting like some WW2 hero demanding a free home and benefits.

They sit on their ass all day in a base on taxpayer's money and only a small percentage of them see real combat.

You're more likely to die on a construction site than a modern day army, should all construction workers be considered "veterans" and given free homes?

Any """veterans""" that came after Vietnam are faggots. Especially the ones from Iraq.
>>
Oh look, a yummy worm, I think I'll bite down on it

I know what you're doing. You think you can escape the responsibility of showing gratitude to the people who protect your freedom by shitting on them and calling them self-entitled. That's what's common these days from the left. You have no shame and are a disgrace.
>>
>>73262256
>protect your freedom

kek
>>
>>73262154
>self entitled WW2
>We fought on the right side of WW2
>>
>>73262256
>protecting muh freedom

Protect me from what? Some fucking ragheads in the corner of the world that I will never see?
Or the """weapons of mass destruction""".

The modern army is a tool to make profit.

You fell for the Jew meme.
>>
>>
>>73262256
How did Iraq war protect anyone's freedom? It has endangered it by entangling and creating more enemies of West in near East
>>
>>73262154
Obviously, a muslim would not like veterans.
>>
>>73262154
Nice try, this guy was a pleb civvy who bought a uniform and was charged with stolen valor
>>
Every nation that has ever existed and every nation that currently exists has done so solely on their ability to either defend themselves from other encroaching nations, or to carve out a new homeland from other nations; in both cases with their military forces.

When you're told to show respect to soldiers and veterans, you're not being asked to respect them for what they've done, but for what they are. They are what ensure a nation's the right to exist. Not a constitution, not a monarch, not laws.
>>
>>73262154
you have vets?what like 12? our government says you havent even contributed 1k soldiers during the entirety of the war on terror
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1201x884
>>73262154
This is some god their bait goddamn
>>
>>73262418
>>73262471

You made a thread about soldiers, not the rightness or wrongness of the war. Personally, I don't think any of the Middle East wars have been a good idea, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Hate the politicians all you want, I do too. But at least they did something to earn benefits. When was the last time you risked your life for any of the free socialized services you enjoy in your rich European countries?
>>
>>73262639

Iceland doesn't have a standing army, and many nations with armies have stopped existing.

Nations have no right to exist.
>>
>>73262658
Nah bro, vet here. I can confirm the Brits were in the shit in both Afghan/Iraq. They lost quite a few lads....
>>
>>73262639
>you're not being asked to respect them for what they've done, but for what they are.
>but for what they are.

>america declares war on some goat fuckers in the desert
>demand for weapons suddenly spikes
>someone supplies the demand
>oh I wonder who profits from this

Maybe the old army, but what it has turned into is just shameful.
>>
>>73262742

Risking your life doesn't mean you've done anything worth while, and you can do worth while things without risking your life.

Soldiers are just poorly educated civil servants with guns. People who collect tax contribute a lot more than they do.
>>
>>73262154
Idk. I know if I join I'm not going to be a boasting faggot. I just want to kill kebab
>>
Personally, I think that people in the military are massive faggots.

I, work a job, that I can quit at any time. If I disagree with something that my boss or the company is doing I can say "Fuck this!" and leave. If am dissatisfied with the conditions of my employment I can say "Fuck this!" and leave.

I couldn't imagine agreeing to the terms that soldiers agree to. They agree to fight in any war, at any time, in any place, for any reason, at the behest of the American government. That makes you a whore with no backbone in my opinion. You can't even say "No." when asked to do something that goes against your moral compass.

Fuckin' little bitches in uniforms with stupid haircuts, the lot of them.
>>
>>73262789
Iceland doesn't have an army and neither do many other countries as they either don't have the manpower to support them or because, especially in Europe's case, they have US soldiers to protect them. Either way it's still soldiers which ensure these countries exist.

And I didn't say that nations inherently have the right to exist, merely that it is their armed forces which allow them to.
>>
>>73263018

>I'm intimidated by all these alpha males
>I'm superior to them because strong = stupid, they are all stupid, I am smarter than them

I'm spitting the line out. Your bait was yummy, but I must be on my way.
>>
>>73263078

But it doesn't follow you can go from "soldiers might be useful sometimes" to "we should thank all soldiers".
>>
Regardless of all else. Veterans signed up with the specific intention to help remove kekab for the greater good and should be honored for that reason alone.
>>
I make sure to insult cannon fodder whenever I can
>>
>>73263223

Alpha males? The US military accepts women and homosexuals now lol. The fuck you talking about "alpha males".

They are stupid for agreeing to those terms. Imagine if an American company tried to get workers to agree to those terms. "You have to work for us for four years at a minimum. You can't say 'no' to any order that you are given. You lose some of your constitutional rights while working for us. Etc Etc"

Only a stupid person would agree with all the shit that goes along with military service.
>>
veterans are flocking to the dude weed states
>>
>>73262154
What annoys me more is pic related, they chose to go play soldier against an easy opponent voluntarily, they act like they were drafted against their will, then come back to their families who have missed important time with them, the soldiers cry but its the kids i feel sorry for who have seen their dad fuck off out their lives then come back for a few days only to fuck off again and wonder who the strange black man that their mum is letting in the house is.
Then theres the mothers who bawl like they haven't seen their sons for 10 years and it turns out some of them havent seen their sons for 6 months but have had weekly calls, I haven't seen my mum for over 6 months and I may call her once a month usually longer.
If they love their families that much, especially their little ones then dont go playing GI Joe but actually usually sitting in a dusty base and the most action may be hearing a distant mortar go off then as OP says coming back to parade around in their fatigues just for the pat on the back and discounts for 'keeping you safe'.
They aren't doing anything to keep anybody safe, 2 million Iraqis have been killed to 'liberate' them, they were safer under Saddam, Afghanistan achieved nothing, Bin Laden was the poster boy in the 80's for the USA government, then we have our soldiers losing their lives for fuck all but to watch all the refugees flood to our doorstep to then hate our country and plot against us.
Fuck the troops, they chose to go kill babies, welfare queens.
>>
>>73262154
most of the world has a shit standard of living

we are part of a handful of countries that have a good standard of living because we exploit other countries through force

veterans are willing to take a bullet to protect our god-given right to buy computers and sneakers made by slave labour, and make more in a week than the people harvesting our coffee beans make in a year.

Damn right I'll show them respect.
>>
>>73263502
The military is big on hierarchy. No shit you're going to be told what to do and when. What's the problem? You can be a welfare queen and a modern day Spartan.
>>
>>73263502
>he can't pass a PT test
>>
>>73263625

The problem is: what if you are told to do something that goes against your moral compass?
>>
>>73263334
I would say that they are always useful. Certainly they're much more actively useful during a state of war than peace, but even during peace their mere presence acts as a deterrent to the encroachment of other countries and ensures mutual respect between them.

Moreover I'm not saying that you should thank all soldiers. Just that you shouldn't disrespect them as they fulfill an incredibly important function in any society. There are a lot of dickheads in the army and it attracts a lot of dropkicks; but one should always hate the man and not the occupation.
>>
Modern vets ain't shit. I'll have more respect for the one dude who presses the big red button to finally nuke the middle east because he's the one with enough guts to do what no one else in the world will dare to do.
>>
>>73262154
Veterans right now expect a bit too much from people.

If we actually had a bigger threat than some country with sandniggers and more in combat than sitting around, I would understand them feeling entitled.

Hell, if we had an actual threat I would probably apply for the military, only if we get rid of the fags and women in there though.
>>
>>73262154
if you haven't served, you are the problem.
>>
I fell for the Army trap after 9/11.

Enlisted for over a decade.

Fun times, and some really really shitty times.
Then I came back and the Left is shitting all over the country and demonizing me for my race, gender, and occupation.

Fuck this country, it's not worth saving anymore.
>>
>>73263685
>>73263685

I have never once in my life seriously considered joining the military.

I once even got a call from a recruiter a decade or so ago when there was some sort of troop surge or something.

>"Hello."
>"Hi Anon, this is X from Y branch. I was calling today to talk to you to see if you would consider a career in the Armed Forces."
>"I'm not interested in joining the military."
>"Why not?"
>"Because I'm not. *hang up* "

I'm actually thinking about switching jobs at the moment. I really don't give a shit what I do as long as it doesn't cause me to do anything that I don't want to and I get treated with respect. I could work in a fuckin' warehouse for all I care. Still beats the military.
>>
>>73263706
Depends on what goes against your morals. Obviously putting warheads on enemy foreheads should be in the back of anybodies mind in the military. You are either direcly or indirectly contributing to a war machine. But if you are asked to kill civilians or some shit then you don't do it, and your expected not to follow such an order.
>>
>>73263706
You can sign on as a "conscientious objector", meaning you'll refuse to kill. This will naturally preclude certain MOSs from you.
>>
>>73263922
Serve and do what?

Give up seeing my family for months just to sit in a base in a desert and do literally nothing?
Give up my rights and freedom and be forced to take orders from some Jew?

All you need is a handful of drone operators and if it comes to it, a guy to press the nuke button.

How does it feel to be a profit machine for a guy in a suit, tell me.
>>
>>73263736
>Just that you shouldn't disrespect them as they fulfill an incredibly important function in any society.

No, they don't. Right now my taxes are wasted on them. If they were actually securing the borders, you might have a point, but they aren't. They're actually making my country worse off.

Now, people who collect tax are doing something important, but why don't we go around thanking them?
>>
Fuck you
My cousin went to afghan and iraq
His brother is on a navy boat right now protecting you mother fucker
His other brother is doin some shit abroad still protecting you while you sit on a computer acting like you're more entitled than them.
You're a fuckin faggot.
>>
File: kek coin.jpg (290 KB, 1164x1146) Image search: [Google]
kek coin.jpg
290 KB, 1164x1146
>>73262154
>implying you aren't a CIA/NCS shill trying to sow discontent between the "alt-right" and veterans/patriots
kek

It won't work, faggot. We know shit about you that would give you nightmares. We understand you better than you understand yourself. Once you cross the threshold into true enlightenment, and the last of the Buddha's lay slain before you at the road's end, the elucidation you receive as to the nature of men transcends anything explainable by mortals. At this point, you could type a single word, and those of us who've been to the mountain top could tell you more about your true motivations than you yourself could.
>>
Unfortunately, blind patriotism makes a lot of people fail to see most modern military personnel are welfare queens, compared to the roles of their predecessors.
>>
>>73264089
>nobody is willing to fight our well equipped, massive armies so they must not be doing anything
Deterrence, how does it work?
>>
>>73264191
Now, people who collect tax are doing something important, but why don't we go around thanking them?

Because their job doesn't entail the risk of death and possibility of having to kill others that being in the military does. Thing is it's very much a deliberate thing that those in the military are given reverence and it's largely to convince people to enlist and stay enlisted in the first place. Nobody would join the military if it didn't have the current hero status about it.
>>
>>73264444
checked.

Also what are they protecting me from?
Ragheads with outdated weapons in some desert that I will never see?

Your cousin and his brothers are a profit tool for the Jews and they all fell for it.
>>
>>73264444
Nice quads.
Also it's pretty hilarious how people take the us military for granted. I hope trump gets in so all these countries can get off their lazy asses and started contributing to global security. The us projects so much strength only to get shit on.
>>
>>73264734
This.

Bring our boys home and let the World fend for itself free market style.
>>
>>73264803
>>73264734
Gladly, take them back and make them secure the border instead of bombing some country far away and creating refugees.

You just proved my point.
>>
>>73264444
>His brother is on a navy boat right now protecting you mother fucker

How?

And checked

>>73264683

> Nobody would join the military if it didn't have the current hero status about it.

So you're saying the military need to be lied to in order to join up? They aren't just joining out of patriotism, but to get their egos stroked like little children?

Shouldn't we be paying them more in that case?

Why does this just apply to the military?

The risk of death is not very high either. For drone operators it's nil. Cops probably have a higher risk of injury.
>>
i just got kicked out of the marines about a month ago
>>
File: well memed.jpg (63 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
well memed.jpg
63 KB, 680x583
>>73262256
>people who protect your freedom
>>
>>73264922
What do you mean how? Are you that stupid? Okay, let's leave our oceans completely open and defenesless!
>>
File: 1455934046887.png (984 KB, 914x700) Image search: [Google]
1455934046887.png
984 KB, 914x700
>>73262154
A lifetime of benefits for being yelled at for a few weeks and sitting around for 8 years.
>>
>>73264922
We talk them up and call them heroes because people join the military for more reasons than just patriotism. Economic reasons, to get a degree, to travel; there are a million reasons why anyone would join the military. That being said, however, it's not a glamorous life. Military personnel are either shoved into a base and made to do a mind numbing system of drills, training etc or they're shoved out onto the field and facing 20 km patrols every day and not seeing the enemy once, save for the occasional firefight which comes out of the blue.

Patriotism may make people join the military, but it won't convince them to stay in it. Risk of death may be low for many segments of the military but it's still an objectively shitty career. That's why we praise them, because for the vet who comes out after 5 years they have to think of some reason why they joined or blow their brains out. Now I imagine you'll say something along the lines of "They chose that career, why should I have sympathy for them?". You shouldn't. They did choose their career, knowing what they faced, but if they didn't do it then somebody else would inevitably have to. A military is necessary to the survival of any country and even if soldiers don't choose to serve for that reason, it's still what their service ensures.
>>
>Ever having had any respect for volunteer petro-dollar warriors.

Come back when you've been conscripted or are fighting against odds in a just war.
>>
>>73263556
I'm not even a veteran, but I don't think you understand vets or their families and the emotions involved at all.

Fun fact, for veterans that served in Vietnam that were drafted, it is not uncommon for them to feel a sense of embarrassment that they were drafted rather than them volunteering to join.
>>
>>73266171

So what? All jobs are shitty. There are worse ones than soldiering.

The military also get to retire young and go on pension. They get their housing looked after. They are pampered.

None of this makes them heroic. These days, it's all automated. Cops and security guards probably take more risks than soldiers.

Back in the day when soldiers fought useful wars, they didn't actually get anything like this much worship. In the UK, soldiers were hated because we all knew they were drunken louts.

Like Kipling said,

> For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Chuck him out, the brute! "
> But it's " Saviour of 'is country " when the guns begin to shoot;
>>
>be us vet
>help bring down iraq and other countries that threathens us hegemony and the petrodollar
>civilians with no clue about how the world works think that you are a waste of tax dollars
Withot the us military the dollar would have lost its status as the go to currency for oil purchase and then you might have more money but it would be worth a lot less.
>>
>>73266380
its a choice, get back to me when you have fought against a real opponent and you will have something worth a pat on the back.
>>
Worst are the chair force. Sit on their asses their whole lives dropping bombs on shepherds, then talk about how they put it all on the line for their country.

Fuck off, parasites.
>>
>>73262154
>falling for the Jew Militia meme.
I have to agree. If they do not take a second to assess who they're working for, they deserve to get cucked with no benefits.
>>
>>73266885
Several thousand US servicemen lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. Were they not fighting "real opponents"?
>>
>>73262154
I don't have a problem with vets. Yeah, they get a lot of bennies, but they're a small portion of the country and I'm willing to pay for their service, even if it's fairly easy work most of the time.

The money being spent on vets is fucking nothing to the trillions a year we spend on welfare niggers.
>>
>>73264031
Based. I laugh at those retarded "Real men look like THIS" memes on Facebook that bootlickers love to share.

>People unironically think you're not a man until you risk orphaning your children to be a pawn for the government
>People think this is better than providing for your family in the comforts of an air conditioned corporate building
>>
>>73267332
I wouldn't mind joining the military and fighting for a truly noble cause, like removing kebab from europe. But this wars for israel bullshit? Hell no.
>>
>>73267146
No, they we're pawns used by the rich elite and collateral damage.
>>
>>73262154
He is one for sure. But you are right about that. Only combat vets should get special treatments.
>>
>>73262154
bunch of cuck holding faggots that let their wives get fucked so they can get their little badge
>>
There is a thing called USTAV in post-USSR countries.As far as I remember all soldiers are being taught not to show off.If there is a cunt showing off AMA VITIRAN he is being shamed.Don't you do the same in America?There is nothing wrong with being proud of vets but most real soldiers I've met, like my father (he is a killing machine, seriously) never show off, while staff rats are those wearing medals all round city and showing off.
>>
>>73267146
They died and for what?

It was their choice, they got kiked because the Jews wanted to profit off of weapon sales.
>>
>>73266801
This

We fuck with the ME to protect our economic dominance.
Does it make us shitty people?
Probably,
but it's better than being poor so you can all go fuck yourselves
>>
>>73262154
>veteran
Pic certainly not related. I have no clue what that badge is supposed to be above the CIB but I have never seen it before and it is definitely not authorized for wear on the ACU's, whatever it is. He has three tabs on his left arm. He is fat as fuck. His sunglasses are not authorized, and he has no fucking PC on.
>>
>>73267693
Nope, here you have some faggots wearing their camo military uniforms 24/7 even YEARS after they got out of the army.
>>
>>73267836
If I was vet and I stumbled upon such retard in some crowdy place while chilling with my friends I'd kick his ass.
>>
>>73262154
Depends if they played an active combat role or not. I think you should respect the men that pulled the trigger at another human being for your country.
>>
File: Muh+new+army_8ee592_4695855.jpg (88 KB, 581x657) Image search: [Google]
Muh+new+army_8ee592_4695855.jpg
88 KB, 581x657
I've heard veterans talk about how they exaggerate their injuries for benefits. Muh PTSD
>>
>>73267069
I remember when they were trying to make a medal for drone pilots.
>>
>>73267513
>>73267695

Well for Afghanistan they harbored and supported the terrorist groups that planned and carried out 9-11. Afghanistan refused to turn them over afterwards. Sounds like a good reason to go to war.

For Iraq, all western intelligence services indicated that Saddam Hussein had weapons of Mass destruction and was trying to get more. he repeatedly flouted requirements for weapons inspections. After he continually did it eventually enough became enough and we went to war. During the course of that war over 550 tons of Yellowcake Uranium were found and removed from the country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/secret-us-mission-hauls-uranium-iraq/#.Vy2lh_krKUk
>>
The only ones I see self-entitled are black people and middle class white girls.
>>
File: 1418122373211.jpg (42 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1418122373211.jpg
42 KB, 491x491
>>73268309
>Still believing that Iraq had wmds
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/14/sprj.irq.documents/
Are you fucking retarded? No serious person in journalism or politics still believes this. Bush himself said that it turned out there were no weapons of mass destruction.
>>
>>73267834
He is a known fake
>>
If I were in charge, I'd send all niggers to military bootcamp.

Most negroes I've met who served turned out to be productive citizens.
>>
>>73262418
>Some fucking ragheads in the corner of the world that I will never see?

You mean London?
>>
>>73262154
I'll agree that quite a few are shit heads. But that's because there is more POGs in the military now than grunts.
>>
>>73268560
I didn't say what Iraq ended up having, other than the large Uranium stockpile which was removed from the country.

What I did state however is what the Western Intelligence services believed at the time. In large part because Saddam Hussein wanted people to believe that so he could more effectively manipulate other countries in the region.

There were some chemical weapons found however, which isn't surprising since Saddam had used them against Iran in the 80's and against the Kurds in Iraq in the 90's.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.