[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 1460596213447.png (574 KB, 830x463) Image search: [Google]
1460596213447.png
574 KB, 830x463
God, country, family. All of these are necessary components to create and sustain a successful and thriving society. Take away one, and the whole thing crumbles.

Atheism plays a large role in the destruction of western civilization. It is one of the root causes for the degeneracy and overall moral decline we see today.

It all stems from the fact that atheism is incompatible with moral absolutism, which makes it possible to morally rationalize any action (i.e. moral relativism), as can be seen with the LGBTQ movement. This acronym is constantly evolving (currently at LGBTQQIP2SAA if I'm not mistaken), and I believe it's just a matter of time before pedophilia and bestiality are integrated as well (in-before muh slippery slope).

I expect some people to challenge the notion that atheism is incompatible with moral absolutism. I've had this debate before, and they usually resort to: "It's in our biology. A product of evolution that is innate in all humans. Empathy." The problem with this argument is that it begets the question: Whose "biology" are we talking about? People seem to have different concepts of what is wrong and what isn't. Who is right? What society? Not to mention that it's irrational and quite frankly intellectually dishonest to assume that there is an ultimate standard of right and wrong that supersedes mere fanciful "ideas" about what is right and wrong at a given time in our ethical evolution.

Why can't atheists understand this?
>>
>>73098891
Fight the good fight and keep the faith.
>>
Might makes right. Ask the dead Christians in the USSR their thoughts on the matter
>>
File: 32.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>73098891
>Christians would save a drowning man
>Therefore god exists!
>>
What if the drowning man was a black or a Jew
>>
>>73098891
Right, because Christian countries in Latin America and Africa are just so pure and free of degeneracy. Christfags are embarrassing.

Inb4 hat joke
>>
>Migrants drown in the med.
>crist/pol/: good
>>
>>73098891
Atheist should say "I'm going to save him to prove I'm better than Christians."
>>
>>73098891
>a man is drowning
good
thank you Mr Poseidon
>>
I remember this guy. He was a total mess by the end of the thread the last time he posted this same thing. A stammering trainwreck who had a complete meltdown and engaged capslock.
>>
>>73100545
That's not what the picture is about and you know that.
>>73100197
Likewise
>>73100337
>Might makes right.
Plenty of atheists have died by the hands of Islam. Plenty of muslims have died by the hand of christianity, and vice versa. Might makes right is unintelligible.
>>
>tfw when MSD
>tfw you actually hear about people drowning in still water
People are naturally buoyant. If you drown in still water, you deserve it.
>>
All the Christians I've met would just say it's God's will the man is drowning and then start praying.
>>
>>73098891

>atheists are necessarily psychopaths

yeah ok bud
>>
>>73100979
>I remember this guy. He was a total mess by the end of the thread the last time he posted this same thing. A stammering trainwreck who had a complete meltdown and engaged capslock.
This is the first time I've made this thread.
>>
>>73098891
Correction

>Atheist jumps in to save him
>Christian prays for god to save him
>>
>>73101084
Lying is bad.
>>
>>73100545
>muh I can't wrap my head around multidimensional concepts
>HAHA Its not a guy who can love me like my father never did!
>hahahaha Ur teh baby cuz u want a daddy like I never had
>i'm not alone
>I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT
>KEK BELIEVING IN A SKYFAIRY THAT LOVE YOU HAHAHAHAH IDONT NEEDLOVE!!!!
>>
>atheism=social darwinism

Oh please, you're going to need better bait than that.
>>
File: 1454803790742.png (178 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1454803790742.png
178 KB, 500x375
>>73101082
That's not what I said at all.
>>
>>73101159
You just looked at the picture and didn't bother reading the OP, didn't you?
>>
>>73101151
It's okay to project your feelings onto others but at least do it coherently.
>>
>>73100725
>Right, because Christian countries in Latin America and Africa are just so pure and free of degeneracy. Christfags are embarrassing.
Do they have the other necessary components? Are they nationalists? Strong families?
>>
OP, your photo is based very heavily on speculation. All you can know for sure about an atheist is that he doesn't believe in any kind of god. Regarding what you wrote...

>God, country, family. All of these are necessary

I mostly agree.

>Atheism plays a large role in the destruction of western civilization

Here you fail to distinguish between a genuine earnest lack of belief in god(s) and simply branding yourself something because it's trendy. In all honest, most atheists probably just are atheists because it's trendy.

>atheism is incompatible with moral absolutism

Right and wrong is determined by a culture not a religion. Additionally, it's a stretch to say that a lack of belief in god means more than just a lack of belief in god.
>>
>>73101117
>Lying is bad.
Feel free to look in the archive.
>>73101077
Anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>73098891
For people nowadays to understand what you are trying to say, they need to read meditate and understand the works of Thomas aquianus and tie it with a comprehensive knowledge of history.
But most people can't and won't do that because they can't perform the mental gymnastics.
The pride that envelopes the atheist prevents him from understanding the doctrine of the fall and everything that follows.
But we can hope that some will be converted
>>
>>73098891
Atheists are the niggers of religion. They chimp out against anything related to God or out of nowhere. They are only a destructive group that hinders progress and a threat to humanity.
>>
if you religious fags werent all so appallingly shit at arguing your case then maybe there wouldn't be so many atheists

>just ignore how retarded our religion is because you need it to survive!!!

lol go fuck yourself
>>
>>73098891
How do I not believe in God? Every time I wake up I feel his divine presence guiding me and I can't escape him! Help atheists!
>>
>>73102581
Try waking up inside.
>>
>>73098891
You are proof that religious people are less intelligent than the rest of us.
>>
>>73101172
the image said that
>>
>>73102297
aquinas is simply a catholic shill who is cited by philosophical plebs who have no idea what they are talking about

ffs there are religious philosophers, christian ones alive right now that would be better to cite than a man who is literally centuries out of date at this stage

even that mong William Lane Craig would be a better souce than Aquinas, at least WLC lived in the last century and tailors his arguments so that they dont clash with modern scientific discoveries
>>
>>73098891
>morally rationalize any action

impossible to do so OBJECTIVELY anyway

>Why can't atheists understand this?

why cant you understand atheists are ahead of you?

all of those "questions" raised die quickly when you see that all morality=subjective
>>
>>73102581
Drink fluoridated water and eat shit food.
>>
>>73102738
>that anon who only responds based on the image instead of the text
this isn't facebook or redit
>>
>>73101969
>OP, your photo is based very heavily on speculation. All you can know for sure about an atheist is that he doesn't believe in any kind of god. Regarding what you wrote...
The picture demonstrates how it's irrational for the atheist to risk is own life in order to save the drowning person. Of course there are atheists who will still save the person, but it's irrational in a godless world because your own survival is far more important than somebody else's.
>Here you fail to distinguish between a genuine earnest lack of belief in god(s) and simply branding yourself something because it's trendy.
If someone says they are an atheist, I will take their word for it.
>In all honest, most atheists probably just are atheists because it's trendy.
I agree to some extent. I believe we all subconsciously know that God exist, it's just that this truth is suppressed by propaganda and sinful behaviour (not walking with God). Still, they are calling themselves atheists so that's how I will refer to them.
>Right and wrong is determined by a culture not a religion
Did you even read the OP? Can pedophilia be both right and wrong? No, it can't. That's a contradiction, and contradictions are illogical. It's either right or wrong, or neither. You need an absolute moral authority (i.e. an objective judge) to determine what's right and wrong because otherwise it just boils down to opinion and is essentially meaningless.
>Additionally, it's a stretch to say that a lack of belief in god means more than just a lack of belief in god.
Is it? Is it a stretch to say that a belief in God means more than just a belief in God? No, it isn't.
>>
>>73102939

so?

i will respond to op's image, text, both, or neither as i wish
>>
>>73098891
>trying to b8 atheists on a christian board
all my wut?
>>
>>73100998
Aren't you Pagans? Anyway.
>Whose "biology" are we talking about?
Altruism starts with close family and ends at the tribe. Sky fairies and what you are implying is synthetic altruism that assisted the rise of feudalism. Muh Lord, muh vassals, muh son and heir to muh throne and all that shiat.
>>
>>73100781
Imigrants are sub-human therefore they do not count.
>>
>>73102671
Good rebuttal.
>>73102738
So you're a psychopath if you value your own survival over somebody else's? I don't think that's the definition of psychopathy.
>>
>>73103198

i can only go by op's image, not whatever one you are talking about
>>
>>73098891
Atheist: Oh shit a dude is drowning, better save him
Christian: Oh shit a dude is drowning, better save him
>>
>>73103152
>Altruism starts with close family and ends at the tribe. Sky fairies and what you are implying is synthetic altruism that assisted the rise of feudalism. Muh Lord, muh vassals, muh son and heir to muh throne and all that shiat.
Didn't answer the question. Whose biology is the standard? Since that's what you atheists so often use as a form of argument. "It's a biologically ingrained hing". Whose biology determines what's right and wrong? Like I said previously, two contradictory claims can't both the true, since that's illogical.
>>
File: 1437710427193.jpg (36 KB, 322x475) Image search: [Google]
1437710427193.jpg
36 KB, 322x475
>>73103021
nigga please

>show book with cover
>what's the main idea of dante's inferno
>bridges right lol

Comprehend the text first before you can fully understand his/her post
>>
>>73098891
It's all a social construct you mong
>>
>>73103498

reread my post and then deal with
>>
>>73103010
1. The image "demonstrates" absolutely nothing. It's a non-scientific, hypothetical scenario.

2. Your problem.

3. Paedophilia is a-okay in nigger tier places like the Mid East and Africa, and definitely not okay in civilized areas, so no, it can't be both right and wrong IN THE SAME PLACE. And in regards to your absolute moral authority spiel. What would a protestant country know about that? And what would a mortal man such as the pope know about it. The bible addresses many legal issues, though not everything. When there are issues that it fails to address, then to whom or to what do we turn?

4. Again, if all I tell you is that I am an atheist, then try to prove anything beyond me not believing in a god. It's simply impossible.
>>
>>73103172
>You can't be Swedish, Ahmed.
Why not? Because I believe in God?
>>73103289
The image did not say that atheists are psychopaths. You jumped to that conclusion based on a faulty definition of psychopathy.
>>
>>73098891
A good person would jump in regardless of religion, this image is pushing an agenda and nothing else.
>>
>>73098891

op:
>only MY super hero (who is real) has figured out PERFECT morality! it is perfect because it says it is!
>>
>>73098891
A succesful society also needs to be educated. And everyone knows that an educated society is a godless society. You don't need much of a background to actually understand the 2000 years old ethics for dummies aka the bible, but you do need to have a good grasp of science in order to understand complex topics such as evolution
>>
File: 1458475809530.jpg (26 KB, 519x325) Image search: [Google]
1458475809530.jpg
26 KB, 519x325
>>73098891
Looks like we got ourselves a rare breed of based Swede. Remember this guy /pol/ because soon they will be no more.
And OP stop arguing with random faggots on some fucking meme magic imageboard . Just do your thing and keep up good work.
>>
>>73103762

/thread
>>
>>73103655
>deal with it
What's the fucking point doing so
shitpost somewhere else
>>
>>73103704

>The image did not say that atheists are psychopaths. You jumped to that conclusion based on a faulty definition of psychopathy.

ambiguity fallacy

letting someone die based on judging their "genes" unworthy is psychopathism

>You jumped to that conclusion

no, words have meanings, i am aware of this, whereas you dont like this particular meaning and have fancifully invented your own in your head that no one knows about, you choose to try to shoot the messenger

so please skip the red herrings and ad-hoc dictionary-surgery, its counterproductive
>>
>>73104035
only one person shit posting here

if you dont like it, stop doing it
>>
>>73103694
>The image "demonstrates" absolutely nothing. It's a non-scientific, hypothetical scenario.
It's philosophical. Are you going to argue that philosophy has no authority? It's just fiction?
>Your problem.
Apparently it's seem to be a problem for you, since you got so hung up on it.
>Paedophilia is a-okay in nigger tier places like the Mid East and Africa, and definitely not okay in civilized areas
Why not? Because you said so? We're not talking about laws here, we're talking about morality.
> it can't be both right and wrong IN THE SAME PLACE.
So something can be morally right if I'm in a different geographical location? I think you are referring to norms and laws, not morality. Something can't be both morally right and wrong, that's contradictory, and consequently illogical.
>What would a protestant country know about that? And what would a mortal man such as the pope know about it. The bible addresses many legal issues, though not everything. When there are issues that it fails to address, then to whom or to what do we turn?
You fail to understand that there's still a basis for absolute morality when it comes to theism because of the absolute moral authority (i.e. God). Whether or not there are conflicting ideas about what the correct morals are is irrelevant. Atheism has no basis whatsoever.
>>
>>73098891
>Christian
>helping
I thought God helps those who help themselves?

If the man does not save himself it would be an abomination action unto the lord and stuff if other christians helped him
>>
Post a better OP image and you won't get so much shite
>>
>>73098891

Uhh, no.
>>
>>73103762
You obviously didn't understand the OP. Theism has a basis for absolute morality due to the absolute moral authority (i.e. God). Atheism doesn't. I never said that biblical morals are the correct ones, that's impossible to know. I believe they are however. That's called faith.
>>
>>73098891
>Not to mention that it's irrational and quite frankly intellectually dishonest to assume that there is an ultimate standard of right and wrong that supersedes mere fanciful "ideas" about what is right and wrong at a given time in our ethical evolution.

>Let's assume there is an almighty being whos existence cannot neither be confirmed nor ruled out, who dictates standards of right and wrong. I know it's right because the Bible says so.

lel

In a way you have a point, though, the lower-IQ proles will destroy themselves without things like religion to keep them in line.

They're just too fucking stupid to make good decisions or behave themselves, it's the same reason that liberal "elite" policies end up not working despite being well meaning. The makers of the policies literally cannot think like the idiots they're trying to help.

For instance,

Ideal:
>It would be good to legalize marijuana. I've used it responsibly, it should work fine.
Reality:
>Tons of idiots sitting around getting stoned all day and doing nothing with their lives.

Ideal:
>We should try to take care of everyone with welfare. I know if I was poor, I would be happy for the help and would try to be employed again as soon as possible.
Reality:
>Time to sit at home and pump out kids

This is why population-controlling shit like religion is needed.
>>
>>73104388

>philosophy

>authority

yeah ok bud

to say nothing of the fallacy of many questions

but this:
>Why not? Because you said so? We're not talking about laws here, we're talking about morality.

was spot-on

>Something can't be both morally right and wrong

morality is subjective
specific and slightly (to greatly) different to ever single person

>You fail to understand that there's still a basis for absolute morality

nope, morality, from whatever source, is only as "high" or as "enlightened" as each given mind (angel or demon or man) chooses to weigh it, or not
>>
>>73104588
>Theism has a basis for absolute morality due to the absolute moral authority (i.e. God). Atheism doesn't.

so what makes it absolute or "better" in anyway?
>>
>>73104094
Craziness is now objectively relative nowadays
People believe the gay shit is crazy, now it's acceptable.
If that is what the Darwinist believe, then let it be.

>>73104430
Christianity is basically based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. You know the typical consensus of "give to the poor" and etc,
>>
>>73103945
>And OP stop arguing with random faggots on some fucking meme magic imageboard . Just do your thing and keep up good work.
There are still people on this board who aren't too far gone, and I'd like to reach out and help them. Thanks for the advice though.

>>73104516
Post a better OP image and you won't get so much shite
Yeah, will have to do next time.
>>
>>73104588
p.s.
instead: YOU obviously didnt grasp the full scope and depth of what i posted
>>
>>73104388
1. It's not even philosophical. It has no basis at all for its claims.

2. Define hung up.

3. Why? I don't know. I can't delve into the peabrain of an Arab and figure out why he behaves the way he does. And it's not okay in civilized areas, because laws, which are often a reflection of cultural beliefs in an area prohibit it. In the United States, freedom is very important, when I rape someone, I am violating their freedom to choose not to have intercourse with me.

4. Correct. I'm referring to exactly what I said I was referring to. Something cannot be both morally right and wrong in the same place. However, depending upon what culture your in, certain actions, for example Mayan Human sacrifice could be outright encouraged because they are perceived IN THAT AREA, as being good, wheres we know that those things are wrong.

5. Just answer the questions.
>>
>>73101151
>Tells others they can't understand certain concepts
>After posting an image that generalizes two extremely large groups
Get back to prepping the bull, Svedjir.
>>
>>73105032
>Craziness is now objectively relative nowadays

that is a logical and physical (physics) impossibility

the only thing objective about it is that it is subjective
>>
>>73105183
when you realize that morality (no what the source, bar none) is entirely subjective, all of those issues/questions instantly evaporate as moot (no pun)
>>
>>73098891
That is honestly a really bad argument.
It's more like:
Asshole Atheist: Lel natural selection *tips fedora*
Nice Atheist: I should help that person because I hold morals that are not dependent on a superior authority judging my every action
Asshole Christian: God works in mysterious ways XDDD
Nice Christian: I should help that person because Deus Vult
>>
>>73098891
lol
>>
File: image.png (382 KB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
382 KB, 406x720
>you have to be a Christian to jump in and save someone from drowning

Are you cucks really this deluded?

Christcucks literally need the looming threat of eternal damnation to just not be assholes.
>>
>>73105716
we're pretending OP isnt trolling
>>
>>73105268
>that is a logical and physical (physics) impossibility
>STUDY OF ENERGY IS RELATED TO A PHILOSOPICAL PERSPECTIVE
NIGGA DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

>the only thing objective about it is that it is subjective
>objectively relative
Same shit (in a way, don't act as that picky perfectionist) different words
>>
>>73098891
>atheists can never be selfless
False. Altruism is not a trait exclusive to Christianity.
>>
>>73104014
>someone has his own world-view and its different then mine so i don't like it
/thread
>>
>>73104388
Different person here. The imagine shows nothing because it's literally just fiction, not a philosophical demonstration of the immorality of atheists.

The atheist's reaction in the image is written so that he's purely selfish and self motivated, and as if atheists are so mechanical that they think a human being is justified because of Darwinism or some shit. It's a strawman. No one actually thinks like that, it's just easier to attack; writing a fictional scenario where an atheist is immoral is a poor argument that all atheists are immoral.
>>
>>73105819

>>STUDY OF ENERGY IS RELATED TO A PHILOSOPICAL PERSPECTIVE

if you dont see how they necessarily relate, you are an oxygen thief

you said "objective" and i showed you how, with what basis, that cannot be

>NIGGA DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

yes, it went over your head
>>
>>73098891

These "atheists trolling other atheists by pretending to not be atheists" threads are a little old.
>>
>>73106014

funny, thats what OP said, using MANY more words, 1st, with more than a little snobbery to boot
>>
>>73106015
Well it goes in a pair with the
>all Christians are cucked because the pope is a cuck
>>
>>73098891
>muh moral absolutism
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but most forms of moral absolutism are a dead end.
Look at Muslims for example. They force their women to dress like trashbags, refuse to eat pork for no logical reason and cut part of their dicks off because such was the custom of some retarded Arab tribe 1400 years ago.
Deriving morals from religious scripture is a recipe for disaster and a good way to ensure that society goes absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>73106265
>, but ALL forms of moral absolutism are a dead end.

ftfy
>>
>>73098891
>Why can't atheists understand this?

Oh I understand it. It's just that you can't trust people to be good on their own. they need the fear of god to do good.
>>
>>73098891
>Christian
>God had a plan for him. I bet he was a sinner anyways.
>Continues eating black dick

This is what actually happens in reality
>>
>>73098891

Atheist: I am going to jump in to help that person, because if I were in that position, I would want help too.

Christian: I am going to help him because God watches and I don't want to burn forever.

Atheists are selfless. Christians act out of fear.
>>
I'm an atheist, but I don't tell people in real life and I adhere to Christian moral principles.

Is that good enough for you guys?
>>
i just dont understand what the hold up is

im waiting for anyone to prove some objective morality

but for some reason everyone who claims to have it never does
>>
File: cat.png (214 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
214 KB, 480x480
>>73098891
Man is drowning
>christian
>"He's made in God's image. He needs help"
>Atheist
>"He needs help"
>>
>>73106669
for who?

some yes, some no, some cant/dont care
>>
>>73098891
Facts are absolute, and if you hold specific values like the right to life (among other natural rights), then logic determines right and wrong (i.e. does this action infringe upon another person's rights)
Moral relativism is destructive, but all it really says is that if someone has fundamentally different values, then different actions can be considered moral. The US in particular is founded upon the idea that we all have rights that are inherent to us, and the government's purpose is to protect those rights. If we all agree on that, then I don't see how atheism can be destructive.
you seem to have this idea that people can't have principles without belief in a god
>>
What? If anything I'd think that the man must be saved since death would be the end of all things
>>
>>73106810
>for YOU

the person reading.

That even means you, I didn't ask for what the broad opinion of /pol/ would be, I know /pol/ isn't one person you autistic fucktard.
>>
>>73098891
As a christian myself, my mindset doesn't spring to the fact that he is made in God's image, but that he is a superior white male, so that's why I save him. God made blacks because they are slaves, slaves don't deserve saving.
>>
>>73106744
Why though? You put yourself at risk for someone objectively worthless.
I bet you are circumcised too, you fucking cuck.
>>
>>73106089
There is nothing in physics that contradicts with having a different opinion than someone, what the fuck are you trying to say?

>objective

kay my bad but you still know what i'm saying
That craziness is perspective and shouldn't be noted significantly in psychotherapy because it regards to the Darwinist's belief in not doing so.
>>
File: 1428004236280.png (49 KB, 233x213) Image search: [Google]
1428004236280.png
49 KB, 233x213
>>73107223
>objectively
I don't think you know what that means.
I value every life and I don't need religion to force me to care about people.
>>
>>73107110
being subjective, i dont cognate such things

i dont engage in vanity if i can help it

my "opinion" on it is what you would call a "null set"

closest thing i do have though is that all i ever really want is human extinction
>>
>>73101077
This. Is the other way around.

But the picture is extremelly biased for people would see the situation differently regardless of their religion.
>>
>>73107360
unless youre talking about the specific chemical+electrical+magnetic patterns in the brain that constitutes such things, philosophy has nothing to do with opinions
>>
>>73107608
*PHYSICS has nothing to do with opinions
>>
>>73098891
>Man is Drowning

>I'm an not a trained lifeguard
>Neither is Mr. Christian
>Mr. Christian jumps in to save drowning man
>Mr. Christian drowns as well as the drowning man

t. atheist
>>
File: SS-DV.png (294 KB, 4600x1900) Image search: [Google]
SS-DV.png
294 KB, 4600x1900
>>73098891
I'm atheist and i would not hesitate to save the drowning man, unless he got himself in this situation in the most stupid way he could. Why do anti atheist always take shelter in ad hominems?
>>
>>73098891

As an atheist I'm actually pretty likely to save the drowning fellow if it's physically possible, because unlike a religious fag I can't go crying to my make believe skyfather to make me feel better about letting someone die; if I don't save him that's on me, always will be.

Aside from that, Darwin's deep cling to gene-based selection as a sole vehicle of "Evolution" is absolute bullshit, it doesn't account for altruistic behaviors across a huge chunk of species-including humans. I lean more toward the group selection ideas, especially multi-level view. Social pressure will keep an idiot from breeding, I need not intervene there, and there's always the off chance that the dude is the Guy Who Will Advance Our Species.

That all being said, if it's a wimminz fuck that shit, I'm not going to risk getting charged with rape for saving someone, that'd basically screw my entire family and friends over just for being associated with me.
>>
>>73098891

Atheist: I am going to jump in to help that person, because if I were in that position, I would want help too.

Christian: I am going to help him because God watches and I don't want to burn forever.

Joseph is the first cuck in the books btw.
>>
File: 1435981797199.jpg (46 KB, 308x537) Image search: [Google]
1435981797199.jpg
46 KB, 308x537
>>73108069
>Social pressure will keep an idiot from breeding
lmao
>>
>>73098891
>as can be seen with the LGBTQ movement
which came from USA, one of the few white countries that still take religion seriously
>>
>>73107407
>I value every life
>mfw that's technically what religion is, latin roots of religio to be nice and help everyone
>until people redefined it to just the big 3 religions

>>73107608
Yeah, that was what I was saying, you're relating such an irrelevant subject into matter, and now you're treating as if I did it?
Ahem:
>>73105268
Also stick to the fucking point
Just because the Darwinist belief is not to save the man doesn't necessarily mean "OMG (or oh shit) HE'S A PSYCHOPATH"
>>
>>73107407
You value someone based on belief?
How underage are you, again?
>>
> God, country, family. All of these are necessary components to create and sustain a successful and thriving society. Take away one, and the whole thing crumbles.

I'm an atheist and I agree. Nationalistic, Socially Conservative, and religious societies are more successful and stable than any other society yet found.

> Atheism plays a large role in the destruction of western civilization. It is one of the root causes for the degeneracy and overall moral decline we see today.

The root cause societal collapse is Communism, and the failure of the workers to join together during the First World War and abandon nationalism.

The Marxist Goyim in the New School realized that in order to unite the world under communism, they'd have to destroy nationalism. To achieve this goal, they sent atheists against the church, feminists against the family, and socialists infested the educational system.

So far, they've been winning handily. Without a doubt, the feminists were the most effective. When your women demanded the right to vote our forefathers happily gave it to them thinking themselves clever for doubling their own votes. Women, after all, voted like their husbands did until the feminists hijacked them. Turned them against you.

No other weapon was more effective in the culture war than women attacking the "patriarchy." "Patriarchy", in reality the traditional family unit, was the foundation of society and the damage which was done cannot be repaired.

> Why can't atheists understand this?

I did not make this system. I see it for what it is, and have decided that my life will be better spent on selfish pursuits of truth and beauty than becoming a martyr for a slave system.

For that is what Traditional Conservatism is, the father of the household once was the master of the plantation. But your women have betrayed you, cast you out into the field to work at their leisure. Big Daddy Gubmint is the master now.
>>
>>73107608
>>73108330
oh wait shit comprehension
thought of you saying physics
Either way, philosophy can study opinions
>>
>>73098891
>Atheist thinks "He only has one life to live, so I better make sure he lives long." Jumps in without needing anymore motivation
>Christian believe "that man must have done something to anger the lord and deserves what is coming to him" goes back to raping little boy
See how fucking easy it is to make bullshit bait like this?

Saged
>>
>>73108330

>you're relating such an irrelevant subject into matter,

if you cant see the relevance there you either dont know what subjective/objective means, or you arent too bright

that subject is here to demonstrate objectivity

>Darwinist belief is not to save the man

nothing to do with darwinism

if a person lets a person die based on their own "judgement" of his unworthyness in "evolution's" eyes as an excuse, that person is a psychopath
>>
No atheist "I will save that man as he is a human being and due to my own morals" (risks life to save him) or "must not be fit to live" (lets him die) Christian "He is made in gods image" risks life to save him or "This was gods will" lets him die

SJW " STOP RAPING THE WATER U SCUM"
>>
>>73108780
>oh wait shit comprehension
>thought of you saying physics

lol woops:
>>73108885

still:
darwinism has nothing to do with willful negligent homicide

if a person who ascribes to that also happens to be a psycho, that is incidental
>>
>>73098891
Why save the man if God clearly wants him to drown?
>>
>>73098891
But that picture is incorrect.
Christian might as well think "He'll be safe in Heaven," and continue eating his lunch, while atheist might think "I have to save that man, for this is his only life!"
>>
>>73103458
>Different races exhibit different physical characteristics, cultures, views, intelligence, and societal structure preferences that all helped them survive in their environment.
>There can only be one biological ingrained morality!
>Morality must be absolute!

Equality is a false god, and the kike you worship is a major cuck.

To be clear, I'd join the church if it still served as an ideological bulwark against degeneracy to support my preferred forms of government.

But it doesn't. So it's useless right now.

Go kiss mudslime feet.
>>
>>73098891
This picture is hypocritical in the sense that it makes the claim of moral supiriority in the party of God. Yet a preconceived judgement is made on the atheists behalf. So either A) you've created a false premise and have stacked the odds for your the success of your own argument. Or B) You judge the will of somebody who is entirely ignorant of God and come to the conclusion that they have no concept of right and wrong. Not only is this obnoxious but it's insulting to the human species and can't come from a place that anybody would recognize as moral.

So which is it?
>>
>>73108295

But it does! While SJW Jack and his girlfriend Missy are running around screeching about muh patriarchy, Missy's fucked half the football team. Jack will at best raise some other dude's kids.

Logistic necessity will eventually fix the Forever-Gibs crowd. And I have no real pity for the socially inept 40yo STEM major who can't be arsed to put up with a breeding age girl's bullshit gold digging long enough to get her to shit some off-spring out under force of prenup. Seems to have worked well for Trump.

But Hey I guess maybe Trump's wife is totally into older guys and most certainly not their wallets who knows. Geriatric chasers do exist, counting on it for my retirement plan.
>>
Hitler was a Christian. His ideology was based on religiion.

I am happy to know that Hitler would have saved me.
I am a jew by the way...
>>
>>73109502
>>73109413
>>73109217

and everyone else who responded about the image

its a troll image, nothing more
>>
File: 1413607974932.jpg (44 KB, 598x413) Image search: [Google]
1413607974932.jpg
44 KB, 598x413
>>73108330
>>I value every life
>>mfw that's technically what religion is, latin roots of religio to be nice and help everyone
>>until people redefined it to just the big 3 religions
I'm perfectly okay with being considered religious by the old standards. It used to be that religion was just a social contract that helped society run. Now it seems like shitty people just use it as an excuse to be shitty.
>sure I've never helped a person in my entire life and everyone hates me but I go to church every Sunday :D
I don't believe in any gods I just believe in being a good person for the sake of making life easier for everyone.
>>73108440
Calm down edgelord.
>>
>Not a single person in this thread has refuted OP's argument
>Instead they all resort to attacking his poorly chosen picture

Ya dun goof'd OP, however i believe you are correct in saying that God, Country and Family are necessary components for a society to thrive.
>>
>>73109707
Nice argument faggotron. Your beliefs are as inconsistent as a mudslimes.
>>
>>73109865
>Not a single person in this thread has refuted OP's argument

subjective

but actually, i did damn good here, and was even less snooty and snobbish here:
>>73103762

op's argument is a house of cards, and that there exposes and blows it over
>>
File: 1396046757062.jpg (25 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1396046757062.jpg
25 KB, 428x469
>>73109958
You didn't present an argument to argue against.
You asked 2 questions: one was obvious the other was an insult only an edgelord would make.
So I called you an edgelord.

You done?
>>
>>73100636

Oh gosh anon, try to keep their cognitive dissonance to a bare minimum.
>>
>>73110191

>not an argument

not an argument
>>
>>73109453

I'm an Atheist. I didn't think there was anything worse than a pedophile pope, but you slick bastards sure topped it with your new cuck pope.

In all seriousness, if you can uncuck yourselves and bring back Deus Vult, I'll convert in a heartbeat.
>>
>>73108885
>nothing to do with darwinism
Good, say that to
>>73101159
>>73102705

>>73109067
>negligent homicide
>Random person A doing nothing
>Random person B on the opposite side of the earth dies outside any control from A
>A IS THE PSYCHOPATHIC KILLER OH SHIT
>>73098891
Even though it's a theoretical with very few variables given,
I can assume that all things are given, everyone's doing their thing, random person drown random moment, later atheist and christian is watching.
The atheist hasn't directly caused anything for the random person to drown, not technically homicide.

>>73108885
>that person is a psychopath
It's still subjective, his/her opinion though
>>
>>73098891

OR
It is God's will that he is drowning.
OR
I will pray for him that he may not drown.

Joseph is the first cuck in the books btw.
>>
>>73110191
>I am literally too dumb to understand a basic fucking question

well done, jamal.
>>
>>73110292
This.

Think of all the weebs filled with anger and fervor right now that would descend upon Constantinople in the name of God, Donald, and Waifu.
>>
>>73110307
>Good, say that to

irrelevant what anyone says

>>A IS THE PSYCHOPATHIC KILLER OH SHIT

not "killer" directly, rather: zero empathy to a stranger, that is pyschopathism, text book

>It's still subjective, his/her opinion though

thats what the word means
devoid of empathy (without cause), and the victim being a stranger here, it fits the meaning perfectly
>>
File: 1415020903753.gif (3 MB, 177x217) Image search: [Google]
1415020903753.gif
3 MB, 177x217
>>73110528
I have no clue what point you're even trying to make now.
You're just spitting memes everywhere.
You seem unhinged, anon.
You okay?
>>
>>73098891
OK I had a knee jerk response to your picture but I'll do your argument next.

Is it moral to dictate to people the rules that they should follow? Is it moral to decide for anybody what decisions should be made with their lives?

I say it isn't, it feels like a sandbox that I'm never allowed to leave. I'm not calling for sex with animals and I know most anyone out there is there with me on that atheist or not.

Do they know this because of the 10 commandments? Or does 99% of the world have a moral foundation that is built on more than the word of God.
>>
>>73111058

>moral

subjective
>>
>>73111301
That's my point. Are we going to sit here and pretend that the child abuse scandal orchestrated by Joseph Ratzinger, is indeed moral. Isn't he supposed to be one of the holiest men on earth? Very close with God?

Most people on earth can tell you that child abuse is extremely immoral. But on more than one occasion the Catholic Church has been able to get that one wrong.

So we're off to a great start with absolutism aren't we?
>>
>>73112460
whether it is moral or not is subjective

>Most people on earth have concluded that child abuse is extremely immoral.

ftfy
>>
>>73098891

Is that a troll picture or do people actually believe this?

Also:
>/pol/ Christians
>merciful or compassionate to people who can't help themselves
>>
>>73098891

GET IN THE FUCKING SEA, YOU ENORMOUS FAGGOT

>>>/x/
>>
There is no God
Christians are cucks
>>
Atheists use the same arguments that Christians do

All are using Slavenmoral
>>
>>73113564

>Atheists use the same arguments that Christians do

>empiricism with the math of logic

vs

>its true because its true in my mind, and thats proof too
>>
File: 1461857628265.jpg (115 KB, 424x604) Image search: [Google]
1461857628265.jpg
115 KB, 424x604
>>73103010
>4 Sure, you believe in god means you believe in magic being fucking real,and reality itself capable of completely ignoring causality due to genies will.

This is what I understand YOU to believe, please correct my strawman.

Why the fuck would you believe every human believes in SuperGenie?
EXCEPT on the same level that every uneducated child pretends magic is real on the 'wishful thinking' level, as even the child knows that they're lying when they talk about their invisible friend 'Big Bob'
>>
File: INCOGNITOTIP.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
INCOGNITOTIP.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>73098891
>>73098891
>>73098891
GREAT POST m'SIRE HEHE

HAHA

LOL

btw check em
>>
>>73110857
>not "killer" directly, rather: zero empathy to a stranger, that is pyschopathism, text book
I am simply trying to isolate A from B
There is no way for A to understand B, they're irrelevant to each other.
For someone to be, under a book "psychopathic" is if they're undergoing violent behavior.

No connection with the killing. So the person isn't killing him, rather than letting him die because it's irrelevant to the "psychopath."

Letting someone die outside their control doesn't automatically make them a psychopath - A dick, true, but not a vicious killer or some clinically insane lunatic.

>>73112460
>thought this thread was to 404
>page 2 now
nigga don't bump this thread
>>
File: 42452343453453453.jpg (42 KB, 450x445) Image search: [Google]
42452343453453453.jpg
42 KB, 450x445
>>73098891
Pagan: Jumps in too because noone deserves not to die on the battlefield.
>>
>>73115524

> "psychopathic" is if they're undergoing violent behavior.

ah here i see your misconception of the word

psychopathy has nothing (necessarily, often does incidentally though) do to with violence

it merely means: complete lack of empathy

>Letting someone die outside their control doesn't automatically make them a psychopath

in ops image it does, because we are shown what is happening in his mind, his motivation, the fact of the person dying is almost removed from the fact of how we know he is a psycho

> A dick, true, but not a vicious killer or some clinically insane lunatic.

that is !=psychopath
>>
>>73115524
NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS AND HOW IS APPLIES CAN WE MOVE ON HOLYSHIT
>>
>>73108874
This
>>
>>73108874
are you impling theres something amiss with buggering little boys?
>>
>>73107223
They are not worthless as I see more value in people then there creator

I care for people as they only have 1 life and are still human beings not because a magical sky man tells me to
>>
>>73113733
Both are saying something is bad / trying to undermine a more powerful group with their "arguments"

Each of their strategies are born out of resentment
>>
>>73117414

>Both are saying something is bad / trying to undermine a more powerful group with their "arguments"

true except for:
*undermine
and
*more powerful group

>Each of their strategies are born out of resentment

wrong.

atheists comes from desire for human freedom and peace

christians comes from an old book
>>
>>73117683
If it came from human freedom they wouldnt feel the need to attack Religious groups so much
>>
>>73117840
>If it came from human freedom they wouldnt feel the need to attack Religious groups so much

>fighting fire is the same as starting fire

youre an imbecile
religious groups can thanks the suffering from the own poison for the will in those who affront their dogma
>>
>>73118054
*their own (that which is caused by it)
>>
>>73118054
Your just the same as a Christian except your priests are Scientists
>>
>>73098891
>social Darwinism is exactly the same as evolution
>>
>>73098891
>atheist
Darwin Award winner ROFL

>christian
I'll jump in and save him
>>
>>73118435
false equivalence

and empiricism and logic evidence are:
*testable
*verifiable
*reproducible

whereas:
"a wizard said so, therefore true and proof"
is not, whatsoever
>>
>>73118054
Waaaah no one listens to me but ppl listen to religious ppl hence religious ppl are evil
>Resentment
>>
>>73118683
Im sure Christians would say the exact same thing, both rely on a world based on faith and the unseen
>>
>>73118739

>Waaaah no one listens to me

who said this?

>but ppl listen to religious ppl

who said this?

>hence religious ppl are evil

they may or may not be, but religion is poison, for the simple fact, from hitchens:

good people will do good by their own nature

bad people will do wrong by their own nature

but if you want a good person to do an evil thing you need religion

you do not need religion for good in this world, but you cannot do without it for evil

what good it appears to do is incidental
>>
>>73118851

>Im sure Christians would say the exact same thing,

they are welcome, but demonstrably false

>both rely on a world based on faith and the unseen

faith and the "unseen" are not:
*testable
*verifiable
*reproducible
>>
>>73119187
For the record I am an Atheist but im highly critical of modern Atheists such as Hitchens, who call themsleves Atheists but refuse to let go of the psychological tricks of the religious. To exert ones power through undermining a more powerful group, to cast as evil, and gain a revenge through words, rather than living for oneself.

To be a true Atheist you must let go of the tricks of the religious, to create resentment of all that is more powerful.

Read Nietzsche for a true Atheism.

Modern Atheists behave like the jews did towards the Romans in the 1st century..
>>
>>73098891
I'm an atheist that would jump into the water to save the drowning person. Altruism isn't owned by religion.
>>
>>73098891
Im a christian, but i think this picture is unfair, its not that an atheist wouldnt help that person, but that justification for helping that person, is borrowed from Gods world view proving Romans Chapter 1
>>
>>73120573

that the methods are similar, or seem similar. is incidental

the ends and motives are night and day

>tricks

only if one, on the "receiving" end, is mentally handicapped, could you call such as these by the label "tricks"

>To exert ones power through undermining a more powerful group,

that the two groups are "mismatched" is incidental

> to cast as evil

subjective

>, and gain a revenge through words,

no one spoke of revenge

>rather than living for oneself.

holier than thou fallacy

>To be a true Atheist you must let go of the tricks of the religious,

no true scotsman
>>
>>73121110
of course its unfair, its a troll
>>
>>73113310
Are you an Atheist?
>>
>>73110292
As an Atheist, can you say that pedophile popes are objectively evil.
>>
>>73113564
Atheist have morals, but they borrow their morals from a christian world view.
>>
>>73100781
Atheist heretic scum here I cheer when migrants drown int eh med. Seriously fuck haji.
>>
>>73098891
But the drowning man was an islamic economic migrant from Africa who counted on the Christian's stupidity when he boarded his unseaworthy craft for cucked European shores
>>
>>73121960
>Atheist have morals, but they borrow their morals from a christian world view.

no, they develop them from scratch
>>
>>73098891
>Not saving someone else because he is simply your fellow man
>trying to score brownie points with God
>>
>>73122325
are you an Atheist?
>>
"A man is drowning"

I hope he is Swedish because he would love to drown on mudslime cock
>>
>>73122597

no, though i find it exceedingly easy and invigorating to argue their side

you might find the fact im not hard to believe from my posts in this thread
>>
>good christian morals

i guess you haven't read the bible
>>
>>73122845
Can an Atheist objectively say that rescuing that person is good.
>>
>>73098891
>all atheists are amoral leftists

I won't deny that atheism correlates heavily with leftism. But are you really of such high morals if you're being good because a book promised you rewards?

Atheism could be great, but it's dominated by liberals and edge Lords.

More atheists need to hate Muslims and accept that homosexuality is a disorder. But many atheists take on the "it doesn't affect me" mindset.

Atheism is the ride to greatness... but it's been hijacked. Help us.
Also, while I don't dislike Christianity, it is pretty blue-pilled. You only believe in it because that's what you've been told since you were a child.

You don't honestly believe in magic, do you?
>>
>>73122325
>my ideas exist in a vacuum
Get real. If you live in a Christan society, your morals are typically Christan, even if you don't subscribe to theology.
>>
>>73123053
are you an atheist?
>>
>>73123060
Only if he gives you a reward.
>>
File: 1348958172327.jpg (58 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1348958172327.jpg
58 KB, 251x246
>christcucks
>>
>>73123060
sure! It's objectively good.
and the best part is I've provided just as much evidence as you.
>>
>>73123232
?
>>
>>73098891
>God, country, family. All of these are necessary components to create and sustain a successful and thriving society.

Apparently not, since it's been a few decades since any Americans gave a fuck about that, and they're #CharlieSheenWinning, fucking AIDS and all.
>>
>>73123060

no morality can be objective

that someone "said" something is objective in that it is physics: i.e. this matter (vocal cords) created this precise pattern of shockwaves in the air (sound) at this place and time
>>
>>73123060
I don't think it is objectively good. I mean, there are too many people on Earth, and after all what do we know about this man? Maybe he is awful in every way.

Many might be better off if he drowned. And I am sure the Lobsters will enjoy his corpse.
>>
>>73123269
Define Truth?
>>
>>73123414
Well if I had to give someone CPR I better get a blowjob out of it.
>>
>>73098891
As an atheist, I help because it's the morally right thing to do. Because, you know, basic empathy.

Unless it's a Muslim.
>>
>religion is needed
a good man makes a good man.
god is the coach wanting to see you win the race and make a name for yourself.

would all atheists ignore the man drowning and would all christians save him?
>>
>>73098891
Or, you know, since I can swim I go in and save the drowning man because there is no risk to myself and it benefits society as a whole for people to help each other when in need (for the most part)

Just because someone is an atheist doesn't mean they shouldn't abide by the mantra of "be excellent to one another"
>>
File: 1458254110307.png (435 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
1458254110307.png
435 KB, 807x700
>>73098891
>Needing a religion to point your moral compass in the right direction

Is it possible to be MORE cucked than a submissive little sissy who needs a sky-Daddy who just so happens to be serving 2 billion other people?
>>
>>73123666
and of course I get the fucking satanic trips

god damnit 4chan
>>
>>73123316
How can an Atheist be Objective in anything, in their world view.
>>
>>73123123
>>my ideas exist in a vacuum

no one said that/implied that

>If you live in a Christan society, your morals are typically Christan, even if you don't subscribe to theology.

nice reading comprehension
now pay attention:
after building from scratch, the fact that they are similar is INCIDENTAL, whereas you are thinking they then must be at a dichotamic opposition
>>
>>73123483
Can Truth be absolute in an Atheistic World view?
>>
>>73123483
It is objetively true that wanton murder is unconstructive towards society, as no society could have that as a foundational principle and continue to grow or even sustain.
>>
>>73123103
All atheists are not amoral leftists but that has more to do with the intellectual cowardice, hypocrisy and inconsistent logic of atheists than it does with the moral strength of atheism.

Morality is impossible without a foundation of transcendental truth. Atheism denies that such a concept is even possible. Logically then there is no reason for an individual to respect the concept of collective morality.

When there is no inherent value to life beyond what value you personally assign to it, and there is no life beyond this fleeting life, then logically your own life becomes priceless and should be preserved above everything else at all costs.
>>
>>73123518
Mathematically impossible. Cf Tarski undefinability theorem
>>
>>73123518

nice challenge

lets see:
that which is a perfect, determnistic sequitur in abstract modeling by logic
>>
>>73123512
How Do you Define truth, is it absolute?
>>
>>73123982
>logically your own life becomes priceless
Priceless? Nah, it's pointless.
>>
>>73123907
Of course. Although you perhaps mean to ask something different.
>>
>>73123749
Angela Merkel is a Christian. Let that sink in for a while.
>>
>>73123953

It is objetively true that wanton murder is unconstructive towards society,

wrong, that is subjective

>as no society could have that as a foundational principle and continue to grow or even sustain.

perhaps, perhaps not

there are 2 key words that reveals its subjective nature:
*unconstructive
*grow
>>
>>73124233

claiming to be a christian does not make one a christian
>>
>>73124057
So you cant define truth? Can Truth be known in your world view?
>>
>>73124057
>Cf Tarski undefinability theorem

that is non falsifiable, vain to even discuss outside of the scope of entertainment or "faith"
>>
>>73124376
True statements are the ones that predict what I will observe.
>>
>>73123794
Be emperical, eschew a priori assumptions
>>
>>73124070
?
>>
>>73124376
world view can have nothing to do with it

truth is objective

"view" (personal life experience and universal mental assessment methods) are subjective
>>
>>73098891
I am an atheist and I literally used to work as a lifeguard
>>
>>73124156
This is also correct but I was working under the assumption the atheist in question is not mentally ill enough to embrace suicide.
>>
>>73124225
So can you know what is true?
>>
>>73124527
what do you mean "?"

you challenged us to define truth, that post is your answer from yours truly
>>
>>73124233
Shes a no true scotts man
>>
>>73124636
Suicide inevitably will be the only answer.
>>
>>73124561
me myself i FIGURATIVELY used to work as a life guard, that is to say i hunted down and murdered folks who overuse that L word you tossed in their for NO FUCKING REASON
>>
>>73124655
Sure. For example: I know that I am in my house.
>>
So, which thread are they sliding?
>>
>>73124260
It is physically impossible to increase the number of people in a society by killing all the people in that society.
>>
>>73098891
>Religion

Why would anyone support an institution that knowingly and systematically suppresses human intelligence.

The church isn't going to get us to space. It may help us declare holy war on the aliens when we get there though.
>>
>>73124468
But your observations can be false, you could be in the matrix, so can you really know what is true?
>>
>>73098891
A great Christian is one who offers his wife's holes to be filled all days all hours by the poor and needy.
>>
>>73123982
Thank you
>>
>>73124559
So as an atheist, can you know what is true?
>>
>>73124886
>But your observations can be false
No they can't. Observations are the basis by which you measure truth.

Even if I were in the matrix, my observations would not be false.
>>
>>73124655
such a juvenile wishfully-but-never preening pseudo intellectual non-question can only come from an exceptionally weak and over shooting and uneducated tv-philosopher mind

it is tantamount to asking "can you know anything?"
>>
File: Big Boss.gif (995 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.gif
995 KB, 257x194
>Christians forever buttblasted that their "we're the speshal snoeflakes of the universe and god cares for us!" delusions are shattered.
>>
>>73123982
>Morality is impossible without a foundation of transcendental truth.

As a teacher this is the funniest thing I've read today.
>>
>>73124660
Could you simplify it a little bit? is there absolute truth?
>>
I'm sorry but being atheist or religious has nothing to do with a person's morals. I've known just as many good and bad people on both sides. Morals are something you learn separately than beliefs
>>
>>73124783
But you could be a brain in a vat thinking that your in a house
>>
>>73124841
no one said anything about NEEDING to increase or decrease a population, nor about killing "everyone"

the entirety of your question here is:
*wanton killing is bad, objectively so

rather it is subjective, in that some could assess it to be better/right/for the good
>>
>>73125103
I don't know how they ever felt that way to begin with when everyone knows Jews are the chosen.
>>
>>73125168
>>73125208
Morals are imaginary.
>>
>>73125064
So there is no objective truth in your opinion then
>>
Good atheist: "God won't save him, I better do it myself!" Jumps in to save him
Asshole atheist: "Good. He's unfit for live the gene pool will be stronger without him"

Good christian: "He's made in God's image and needs help, I better save him!"
Asshole christian: "It must be in God's plan, everything happens for a reason"

Moral of the story? Some people are assholes, some people aren't, it doesn't necessarily depend on your religious beliefs
>>
>>73124376
Truth is literally undefinable, so what is it exactly that you are talking about?
>>
>>73125179
it cannot be simplified, i dont think, and still be apt to the large, or very large, very tall order you placed
>>
>>73125092
So you can't know what is true, in your world view
>>
>>73125208
you are missing the argument entirely. OP never claimed atheist can't be moral, he's saying that as an atheist there is very little justification why your morality is more than just a preference.

i.e a delusion
>>
>>73125308
For the purpose of growing and sustaining a constructive society wanton murder is unbenificial, assuming that human life is a positive. Which is just an assumption I'm making.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.