[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tesla says will build 500,000 cars in 2018
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12
and more each year thereafter.

Is this the electric car revolution we have all been waiting for, or is it just a meme?

Volkswagen has just said they will bring several new all-electric cars on the market until 2020 (Audi, VW, Skoda, Porsche etc.) with the aim to produce millions of them by 2020.

Is this THE HAPPENING we have all been waiting for? It could fuck up all these oil exporting countries and finally fuck up the goat fuckers in the Middle East.
>>
>tesla

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>Tesla says
but that nigga died a long time ago
>>
>>73050338
>tesla

not buying rimac electric cars. you dense motherfucker
>>
File: best-drift-car.jpg (39 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
best-drift-car.jpg
39 KB, 780x439
>>73050338
>>
>>73050338
Elon Musk is willing to dump his fortune into this company to keep it alive, I think it's legit. Not to mention it's becoming incredibly mainstream and "cool" now. Also from what I hear more affordable versions coming out too.

>>73050370

Considering you can charge the car for free for the life of the car, I don't give a fuck how gay it is in concept, they dont look as bad as most electric cars and free charging is free charging.
>>
>>73050338
Who is buying these cars?

Where are the electric charge points for their daily use?

Just put mini nuclear power sources in my cars already. I want the future to be now.
>>
>>73050704
>Where are the electric charge points for their daily use?
you can charge the car at home
>>
>>73050370
>it's gay to be smart

shut the fuck up you degenerate cuck.
>>
>>73050338
>Is this the electric car revolution we have all been waiting for, or is it just a meme?
it's wholly contingent on A) charging infrastructure, B) battery technology progression, and C) legislation on electricity cost delegation resulting from millions of cars charging night and day
>>
>>73050399
>>
Musk will be killing himself in the not far off future.....bon moments.
>>
>>73050704
>Just put mini nuclear power sources in my cars already. I want the future to be now.

Laughingterrorists.jpg
>>
>>73050399
Hey my nigga you thought I was dead but I trapped my soul in one of those electric ball things from science class surprise!
>>
>>73050986
How long does the charge last, and for how many miles?

What if I need to do an extended journey?

How long does it take the power storage to crap out like a laptop battery?
>>
>>73050338
Electric cars seem to be the new way to go. As for oilfags, it's gonna be a very long time before they're out of the equation, unless some sort of catastrophe happens.

>>73050422
Last I heard from RIMAC they helped Koenigsegg with their Regera hybrid hypercar.
>>
>>73051304
Just looked it up.

Mileage:

>250wpm - 85,000/250= 340 miles per charge (Range charge)
>250wpm - 68,000/250= 272 miles per charge (80% level)

>350wpm - 85,000/350= 243 miles per charge (Range)
>350wpm - 68,000/350= 194 miles per charge (80%)

>450wpm - 85,000/450= 189 miles per charge (Range)
>450wpm - 68,000/450= 151 miles per charge (80%)

https://forums.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/how-long-does-charge-last

Battery length:
>My Tesla rarely goes below 100 miles range left. My car has already had 600 of those types of charges with no noticeable degradation. With an 8 year, unlimited mileage warranty on the battery, Tesla expects the battery to last longer than 160K miles.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-does-in-miles-the-Tesla-EVs-battery-last

>Assumptions: 15,000 miles year, ICE 22 MPG, gas = $3.80 gallon, kwh's = $0.11/kwh

>by Tesla's own numbers @ http://www.teslamotors.com/goelectric#savings
>ICE Car = $2591 year in fuel cost $0.17 per-mile in fuel
>Model S = $467 year in fuel cost $0.03 per-mile in fuel

>1. we know the cost to replace an 85 kwh battery is ~$12,000

>that is until you figure in the cost of replacing the fuel tank at the end of an 8 year life span (the battery) - for which you have to budget $1500 year - making the cost of the Tesla's fuel system $1967/year or $0.13 per-mile in fuel…

>now I know there are other costs the ICE car has - but for purposes of this thought exercise let's focus on the "fuel" system cost and treat the battery as the moral equivalent of the "fuel tank". Which in an ICE car doesn't shrink, or need to be replaced in 8 years.

>Even a 16 year replacement is $750/year in "fuel" cost to the battery…that still seems to be far less of an advantage than most people would initially consider?

https://forums.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/real-long-term-cost-vs-battery-life
>>
>>73051304
>How long does the charge last
Not yet published, but for the model S it's:
Charge time: 5–6 hours (full charge) / 20 mins (half charge on supercharger)
>and for how many miles?
215 miles
>What if I need to do an extended journey?
in the next years there will be more and more superchargers
>How long does it take the power storage to crap out like a laptop battery?
I have no idea
>>
electric cars are for faggots
>>
>>73050338
Kek. You are really a shill. i didn't believed the guys in the last thread.
>>
>>73051676
>>73051739
Basically right now they seem cheaper than standard cars in terms of fuelling but not by as much as one might like.

Couple that with the initial high price of the car and you have an issue, but I guess the goal is to work onwards and bring down costs and better their technology.

The vast majority of people cannot afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car, most people tend to make do with maybe a £6k car, quite rarely a £12k or so one.
>>
>>73051115
What do you say about that graphic on battery costs? 7.5% drop in costs per year? Isn't that good?

As to infrastructure, if Tesla can build 1000 supercharging stations in America, I am sure companies and governments in Europe can build enough stations in Europe.
>>
>>73051815
good kafir
>>
>>73050338
can they drive more than 50 miles on a full charge yet
>>
>>73051916

compressed natural gas is much easier. There's tons of excess NG from fracking operations and no battery is required
>>
>>73051815
Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRu3xtTH9ng
>>
>>73051133
>nuclear powered households never because muzzies will use it to blow shit up

We must remove.
>>
>>73051304
>how long
250 miles or so
>extended journeys
Free charging points across the country
>power storage
Guaranteed for 10 years
>>
>>73052228
better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
>>
>>73052042
>There's tons of excess NG from fracking operations and no battery is required

I don't think going from a complicated gasoline or diesel engine car to an even more complicated natural gas engine car, is the future. Sorry to say.

My computer doesn't run on natural gas and neither is my microwave.

>>73052034
>can they drive more than 50 miles on a full charge yet
Yes, you can drive 300 miles on a full charge with the AC on.
>>
>>73050613
>free charging is free charging.

Since when is electricity free, or am I missing some Tesla offer or condition?
>>
>>73052539
>I don't think going from a complicated gasoline or diesel engine car to an even more complicated natural gas engine car, is the future.

nothing more complicated about it, they're essentially the same car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eol0LvdhUI

>My computer doesn't run on natural gas and neither is my microwave.
The reality is that the fossil is going to be burnt at a remote location, then transported to you with losses. Also, since home appliances already run on the electrical grid it might be a better idea to balance the load instead of burdening it further.
>>
>>73050338

500k cars isn't shit.

Realistically, Tesla makes luxury cars, therefore only rich ass lickers only can afford them.

They need to get to the 20k to actually make an impact.

source: I work for them.
>>
Why would you be against Tesla or electric cars? Just to be edgy?

They handle better, its better for the enviroment and its just cooler to charge your car instead of going to the smelly gas station and getting gas while your fellow amerifats are buying gas station hot dogs and soda.
>>
>>73052716
>The reality is that the fossil is going to be burnt at a remote location,
Not sure what you are talking about. We got nuclear, hydro, alternatives and only a very small part is coal around here in Bavaria.
>>
>>73052539
>I don't think going from a complicated gasoline or diesel engine car to an even more complicated natural gas engine car, is the future. Sorry to say.

Gas/LPG is not that complicated. And itd cheap.. Unlike teslas. And I can drive my Chevy Spark to the South of France without having to make long stops for charging. And it cost literally 1/10th of a Tesla.. Electric is shit for the average consumer. It doesn't become a real option until you have the money to just have a combustion engine car on the side.
>>
>>73050613
>Free
The very minute electric cars become mainstream they will go back on that.
>>
>>73052876

Nuclear is still being 'burnt' (not really, I know) at a remote location, hydro is usually unsufficient and literally everything else are memes.
>>
>>73052845
tons of car guys arent into electric cars because the experience is so boring among other reasons
>>
>>73053008

Americans won't notice though because they haven't been known to actively drive or switch gears for decades. A car is a place to eat and read paper for most of them..
>>
>>73051905
It's paying up front for savings in the future that are not guaranteed. Classic scam.
>>
File: unnamed (20).jpg (32 KB, 475x310) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (20).jpg
32 KB, 475x310
>>73050370
>>73051815
>>73051891

"Good kuffirs, keep buying my peoples oil so we can get more powerful and rich while you continue funding my war against the infidels, yes, keep digging your own graves"
>>
>>73050422
The Concept One is a one-off, it's not going into production and it's cost hundreds of thousands of dollars anyway. We're talking about relatively affordable cars here.

Though being driven in the Concept One was a powerful experience, I have to admit.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 640x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 640x548
Electric cars = smartphones
Gasoline cars = flip phones

Don't tell me you bout a flip phone in the last 8 years.

Pic related, this is will be bentley, maserati, lamborghini and everyone who decides not to follow the trend
>>
>>73053087
yeah i suppose as long as its got a big cup holder theyll be happy with it
>>
>>73052997

>everything else are memes

Not really. If you start building energy efficient housing you drastically reduce the need for power.

You can build housing that actually creates more power than it uses. Its about doing the switch slowly, housing first, then workplaces. So in the end the only thing that still requires power plants would be factories.
>>
>>73053203
This. Solar panel prices are falling at an insane pace.

In the future, you'll have a battery in your house fed by panels on the roof, which will charge your car and eliminate elecrticity and oil/gas bills.
>>
File: elon1.jpg (16 KB, 442x361) Image search: [Google]
elon1.jpg
16 KB, 442x361
>>73053099
I am a genius, trust me! buy my shares and gadets
>>
>>73050338
Why the fuck does the OP pic say TESLE?
>>
I like the idea of electric cars but 30 minutes to charge kills my interest. I can fill my tank and be back on the road in 2 minutes.
>>
>>73053203
>Not really. If you start building energy efficient housing you drastically reduce the need for power.

Efficient building and isolation are good things, but that doesn't make wind power for instance less meme tier.

>You can build housing that actually creates more power than it uses. Its about doing the switch slowly, housing first, then workplaces.

You can. But its usually cheaper to just buy coal-power for 20 years than to invest heavily in tubines and solar pannels. especially when they stop subsidising such things..Also most of those green souces need backup power for when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow. That tends to come from coal too in this country.. Green is largely a meme.
>>
>>73053321
>zip2
>paypal
>solarcity
>spacex
>tesla

Yeah, elon is totally money hungry... Despite him spending every single dollar he got off the paypal sale into his companies which experts doomed to failure.
>>
>>73053463
tbqh senpai, /pol hates him because of his Trump comments
>>
>>73053315
>This. Solar panel prices are falling at an insane pace.

Subsidies. Thats what made them appealing here anyway.. People love to spend taxes on green memes.

>In the future, you'll have a battery in your house fed by panels on the roof,

How near is this future? What if the sun doesn't shine for a bit in winter or autumn? How bad are the batteries for the invironment? How expensive are they? How many Asian children required to make them? How long do they last? How many coal fed plants to back them up?
>>
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3876006-tesla-bubble-bursts
>>
>>73053315
>in the future, your house will be a toxic waste bin

>>73053463
so at least he also pays for his personality cult with his own assets. still, his extravagante lifestyle was bought mostly with speculator money
>>
>>73053407

Well yea, its still pretty affordable, although mostly because of as you mentioned subsidies.

Its not just solar panels and turbines. Heat pumps, proper insulation, proper air circulation. Things like that would probably take care off most of the power bill (and heating) at the same time.

Considering technology especially PC decided to put less focus into getting more power out of chips and are now looking towards power conservation, its in my opinion a completely viable future.

Also having a few solar panels or a small wind turbine if in a windy place on your property does not sound too bad, if i don't have to pay heating or power bills.
>>
This is the future I have no money for but I would love to own their car.
>>
>>73053463
Tesla is going to fail unless gas prices skyrocket and even then it will probably go bankrupt at some point
>>
>>73050338

It all comes down to what will be cheaper to drive in the coming years.
>>
>>73053463
>>73053607

Didn't he say that Tesla will go bankrupt at some point, after which the R&D data and such will be used to start another, less experimental, business?
>>
>>73051676
So, loads of cars are crashed and written off and battery costs are falling hard.

Every criticism of EVs is falling apart.
>>
>>73053656
wind turbines and solar panels require certain conditions to be worth it though
>>
>>73053737
EVs are slowly becoming economically viable, and leaving the environmental friendliness in the same past as their inefficiency.
>>
>>73053373
This is the BerenstEin/TeslE universe
>>
>>73050338
If their product is in demand, I say good. I hope they're successful. I'm not feeling great about this government subsidy though, it seems like the State giving money out for something that doesn't actually help the environment much. Most emissions involved in a car are from its production, right?

Still, they're cool cars and I hope they succeed. I'm a big fan of Elon Musk, cool guy.
>>
File: goy (2).jpg (69 KB, 292x306) Image search: [Google]
goy (2).jpg
69 KB, 292x306
>>73053321
>keep buying my polluting cars with fake data, keep being good kafir
>>
>>73053706
>It all comes down to what will be cheaper to drive in the coming years.

I don't think this is entirely correct. There are hidden benefits of electric cars including:

1. reductions in the trade deficit of Europe - Europe could turn around its overall trade deficit quickly by reducing oil imports

2. improvements in air quality in cities, which leads to lower healthcare costs

3. improvements in noise pollution from cars - electric cars can be silent and thus living space close to highways and streets rise in value

4. and lastly, climate change - even though some people do not believe it is happening, most European politicians do believe it and want to combat it.
>>
>>73050338
Oh God the strip mining.
>>
>>73053841

Absolutely. That's why you need people who are competent to create these alternative power options. And not people who try to shill as hard as possible to sell you something they know (or don't know) will function sub optimally.
>>
Pol is still undecided in this subject very interesting read and thread tbqh familia
>>
>>73050613
Elon is very much ahead of the curve. Electric cars are 4 times more efficent than petrol cars and have the potential to be very cost effective as batteey density and life improves. He knows that within a decades or two, its inevitable that a new paradigm in energy brought on by new battery techs like solid state battteries will make fossil fuel based energy generation obsolete in cars. Electric cars are going to be superior to combustion engine cars in all aspects from maintenance costs to efficiency. He is creating companies like solarcity,tesla and the gigafactory to take advantage of any ground breaking battery techs that will occur in the next 15 years. If his gamble pays off, he will be the Henry ford of the electric car.
>>
>>73050613
>and free charging is free charging.
look at this Bernfag thinking free power is real.
>>
>>73054237
Well at home it's not free cause you pay for electric that said if you go to one of teslas power stations it's free
>>
>>73053682
Even if oil prices plummets, electric cars wil still have an appeal as the latest driverless techs from google is more suitable for electric or hybrid cars. Youre going to have alot of rich people buying teslas if Elon proposes a partnership with Google and accodring to Elon, driverless electric cars is the main aim for Tesla.
>>
>>73054320
No but they aren't going to keep that up I think tesla was bitching about people using the stations too much or something
>>
>>73054320
but someone paid for it and someone was paid to produce the energy

do you understand yet?
>>
>>73054050

>implying people that buy diesels give an actual shit about pollution

Low pollutions figures are meant for governments, and to get in lower tax brackets. The consumer doesn't actually give a flying fuck how polluting the cars are, and when it comes down to it, neither does the government... The bottom line is what counts.

>>73054086
>1. reductions in the trade deficit of Europe - Europe could turn around its overall trade deficit quickly by reducing oil imports

Could be a good thing, but imo a very distant and uncertain assumption. It 'could', yes...But is really that likely? Especially in the light of low oil prices, meaning the decifit is lower as it is, and there's less incentive to buy Teslas in the first place.

>2. improvements in air quality in cities, which leads to lower healthcare costs

Again, very distant, and of questionable effectiveness. Currently most pollution in cities in the Netherlands comes from scooters, mopeds and other shitty 2-stroke engines. And even when EVs become commonplace, there will be many people that will continue to drive their 10-20 year old combustion-engined vehicles for financial reasons.

>3. improvements in noise pollution from cars - electric cars can be silent and thus living space close to highways and streets rise in value

Lol, is this 1963? 95% of a car's noise pollution is from the tyres making friction with the asphalt. You barely hear engines anymore, especially not at highway speeds.. If noise is your problem, you're going to need to invent quiet rubber.

>4. and lastly, climate change - even though some people do not believe it is happening, most European politicians do believe it and want to combat it.

You want to combat climate change by getting everybody to drive vehicles that are, when you get to the core of it, are powered by facilities that burn coal constantly?
>>
>>73054468
Just like according to people in the 60's or something we are now all driving flying cars, I'm sure its going to be all driverless cars in no time right...
>>
File: 2. Number of electric vehicles.png (69 KB, 468x426) Image search: [Google]
2. Number of electric vehicles.png
69 KB, 468x426
Looks like shit might just be fukcing take off right now.
>>
>>73053315
the only panels that are strong enough to support the needs in your house AND fuel your car are the high end ones they use for space stations.

And evn if you have those, unless you live south of Madrid and have a mansion, its not gonna cut it.

You really think a couple of M2 of sunlight are enough to do all that?
>>
>>73054619
>I'm sure its going to be all driverless cars in no time right...

I actually think we'll see driverless cars rather soon.. The technology is already pretty advanced. Google and Tesla are doing incredible things... It's a matter of time before the first person dies due to acting retarded with it or the technology failing briefly, and then it'll be banned for decades to come.
>>
>>73054549
Besides it's much better for cars not to be completely silent so pedestrians can notice them more easily. The Fisker Karma even played a stupid sound effect for that reason only
>>
>>73054676
>And evn if you have those, unless you live south of Madrid and have a mansion, its not gonna cut it.

Even if you do live South of Madrid and have a mansion...What if it's a cloudy week? Wait.. What's that I hear in the distance? Is that a fossil-powered turbine starting up?
>>
>>73053706
Hydrogen
>>
File: Hindenburg.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1463) Image search: [Google]
Hindenburg.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1463
>>73054820
>Hydrogen

Truely the future, my underwater friend.
>>
>>73054888
checked but not respected.
Talking about the future, not the past.
Electric cars can burn out, so do the cars we have now.

>>73054803
I mean on average, stop making my flag look bad
>>
>>73054974
>I mean on average, stop making my flag look bad
unfortunetely the past (idling) average wont be of much use when the energy is required at a certain point in time

the green way to store the energy would be water pumping... but most suitable locations are already used... utopia plans to build water dams in every smaller village. doesn't look realistic
>>
>>73054974
>Talking about the future, not the past.

Hydrogen is less flammable these days?

>Electric cars can burn out, so do the cars we have now.

Not even LPG-powered cars are as volatile as Hydrogen powered cars potentially are, and even LPG/Natural gas turns ugly really fast if it goes wrong.
>vid related
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurQ2uW0oOU
0:25... Imagine that happening in a city centre.

Also isn't the manufacture of Hydrogen actually very energy-consuming, or am I mixing things up now?

>>73054974
>I mean on average, stop making my flag look bad

Obviously on average, but you do realise that averages might mean that on some days you have more sun than you need, and on others you might have none at all? You do realise solar and wind power in Europe is ALWAYS backed up by fossil fuel power plants, in case the 'average' put out isn't met, right?
>>
>>73054803

Actually, i checked up because you made me curious.

Apparently murrican homes use 10000~ kwh per year. Now you have to keep in mind that this is most likely not an efficient home, that was built around conserving energy.

A 1 square meter solar panel produces 175 kWh in fucking england cambridge. It produces up to 440 kWh (colorado). So an average between those ~300, would mean that your household would be completely fueled by solar cells if you had 33 square meters of them. That is practically nothing.
>>
>>73055597
>Now you have to keep in mind that this is most likely not an efficient home, that was built around conserving energy.

I've been to America, twice. They have no idea what efficiency means so your assumption is almost guaranteed to be correct.

>33 square meters

Might be doable in North America, but I literally don't have the space in this full-as-fuck country. Also, that's operating under the assumption that you'll actually get that average of 300 year round, which I find hard to believe... There is no way to have solar panels in a financially viable way in this country (though admittedly, in part because our regular power is so cheap because lolcoalfucktheEU) without subsidies.. And if it requires subsidies, it isn't actually fair to call it 'sustainable' in my opinion.
>>
>oy fucking vey Shlomo these goys are getting out of control
>oy gevalt Moisha i know, we need to put a lid on this
>i know Shlomo! lets have the goys drive electric pooftermobiles that are always networked into the botnet
>steering and brakes crap out all the time goy heh-heh :^)
>and if the huge lithium battery were to suddenly go full-akbar well heh-heh, it is new technology goy :^^^)

Think i'll stay with my beat up old RX8 Schlomo, thanks but no thanks.
>>
>>73055832

Oh while i was checking out this info, apparently solar panels pay back the energy required to make them in 1-4 years, and they last 20 or more years.

And yea, probably it would still be good to be hooked up to a power grid in case of bad weather or in the case of exceptional weather. As when you would require power off the grid you could just pay how much you use, and when you produce more than you could store, you could offload it to power companies.
>>
>>73056460
>As when you would require power off the grid you could just pay how much you use, and when you produce more than you could store, you could offload it to power companies.

don't expect to be paid anywhere the same rate when selling unless it's heavily subsidized. In case of rainy weather in the region it's often impossible to transfer the electricity to where it's needed, so the power company will have to sink it.

also, throw-away batteries may easily deliver more energy than required to produce them, but of course it's not a sustainable industry.
>>
>>73056460
>As when you would require power off the grid you could just pay how much you use,
Yes. The real problem is, environmentally speaking, that you'll still need to have a backup plant running (as it takes time to start them up, and you can't wait with starting them when the power is already out) meaning you're effectively always producing more than needed, which isn't very efficient.
>and when you produce more than you could store, you could offload it to power companies.
Don't know how that works in foreign countries, but here they'll tell you to go fuck yourself. They make their own power in huge multi-billion dollar plants that burn fuck knows how many tonnes (or m3s) of flammable material to make their power.. It isn't actually in their interest to buy even more power, which is why they stopped paying farmers that had windmills for their excess-KWHs in this country.
>>
>>73050338
>says
So he is gonna start building cars in 2018
>>
>>73056682
>>73056816

Iirc they do buy power in our country, ofc way under market price. Still, it only needs to cover the times you have a lack of power.
>>
>>73057147
there's not enough sun in the evening, so you need to add the battery into the cost/energy production/pollution calculation.

I think it makes a lot of sense in remote locations (fossil fuels with a small generator do, too) but it's not really worthwhile in residential areas because most people prefer not to live in a production facility.
>>
>>73050338

Tesla is a meme.

The company I work for changed all their lease cars to tesla's because they got shitloads of goverment benefits resulting in them being cheaper then BMW 3 series. I've had one for two years now.

What's it like? Well it's fast as dicks but that is something we all know, it's also spacious for a four seater but that makes sense considering it's the size of half a planet. Range is fine in my country but a roadtrip did take elaborate planning.
Steering is vague, it doesn't feel tight like a virgin pussy but more like a big people mover.
Door handles are wicked and cool too bad the door closes with the authoritative sound of a vauxhall astra diesel.

But the really bad part?

The interior.

Yeah it looks cool as dicks in press shots but the leather is atrocious, the plastics are weak and no practical thought went into it. Compared to other 100K cars it's a disgrace. After two years it looks worn and tired like the cunt of a Brazalian midle-aged pornstar.

Also the screen is awesome, but replacing every control with it is stupid. For some things tactile dials and buttons just work, there's no need to replace them with a giant ipad.
>>
14:50 for the self driving part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAa5-uCowY
>>
>>73050338
Nothing will happen. The market crash will make Musk go bankrupt and he will probably hang himself.
All other car manufacturers will have to bailed out or make yuuuge cuts.
>>
>>73057394

Our company has a storage hall with solar panels over the whole roof. Its not really a production facility, actually the whole thing is completely unobtrusive. You don't even know there is a mini power plant on the roof if you did not notice the panels from afar.
>>
>>73057612
Absolutely. Watch this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTxS6tg6xc
>>
>>73058120

Self driving and sentient. The future is now!
>>
>>73057519
>Steering is vague, it doesn't feel tight like a virgin pussy but more like a big people mover.

Well.. It IS American, right?

> bad part?
>The interior.
>Yeah it looks cool as dicks in press shots but the leather is atrocious,
>the plastics are weak and
>no practical thought went into it.
>Compared to other 100K cars it's a disgrace. >After two years it looks worn and tired like the cunt of a Brazalian midle-aged pornstar.
>Also the screen is awesome, but replacing every control with it is stupid. For some things tactile dials and buttons just work, there's no need to replace them with a giant ipad.

These are all things basically inherent in buying American cars though...
>>
File: dr2-mathilda.jpg (44 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
dr2-mathilda.jpg
44 KB, 720x480
Kek, by the time these things take hold electricity will be as expensive as fossil.

Keep burnin' that coal, Smoky.
>>
>>73053979
Most of his money is from subsidies lately. Tesla, SolarCity, and SpaceX all exist because the government is taking your money through taxes and giving it to a multibillionaire with better political connections than yours.
>>
>>73059862

>implying that's not what 'green', 'durable' and 'sustainable' is all about...
>>
>>73050613
you mean elon musk gets the government to provide mass tax shekels to prop up car company that sells cars that are the equivalent of jewelry to people who can afford 100,000 dollar cars and on top of that even gets the government to provide even more money from the middle class to transfer to rich people through subsidies and rebates for buying 100,000 dollar jewelry cars
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.