[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intellectual Property
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: bittorrent-red.jpg (155 KB, 1282x855) Image search: [Google]
bittorrent-red.jpg
155 KB, 1282x855
Are torrents degenerate?

The other day I went to watch a copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I couldn't find one of the three fucking DVDs I have of said movie.

I may or may not have just torrented the thing, so am I degenerate now? Did I just steal a movie? How the fuck do you police intellectual property in cases like this?
>>
If you use the "official" Bittorrent client or uTorrent, yes it's degenerate.

Use Transmission, Deluge, or even qBittorrent.
>>
>>73001171

What's wrong with utorrent? I don't use it but i used to.

My favorite was azureus though
>>
>>73001676
Not open source.
>>
>>73001058
>I may or may not have just torrented the thing,
Dude everyone torrents now. In school I see guys watching New movies on their laptops and tablets all the time. And if they can find it books, music, games. The only time I don't torrent is if the hassle is worse than paying for the game or just streaming a movie to save hard drive space.
But please continue spending money, but don't feel bad about torrenting

>>73001171
qBittorrent is love
qBittorrent is life
>>
>>73001058
intellectual property is degenerate
>>
>>73001880
Why should I care
>>
>>73001880

That makes sense. It would be rather ironic to torrent some movie with proprietary software.
>>
IP laws are statist cancer desu
>>
>>73002155

how?

>>73002267

How are they statist? they protect private corporations.
>>
>>73001058
No
Digital copyright is a jew scheme to keep our culture in schakles while exploiting it
RIAA, MPAA, oh my jews everywhere raging about muh piracy, I wonder why
>>
File: GP01_destruction.gif (956 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
GP01_destruction.gif
956 KB, 500x337
Like everything /m/ related is pretty much torrent-only.

Fortunately Gundam DVDs will be available soon-ish.
>>
>>73001880
so what?
>>
>>73001676
It's a spybot.
>>
The insanely restrictive and oppressive copyright laws that are forced on us violate some of the most central foundations of human society and culture. They attempt to restrict and stifle mankind's innate desire to share and improve that which he approves of, the actions of which are essentially responsible for all cultural development. These laws are what give corporations such a massively powerful stranglehold over our society and culture, and are easily one of the biggest threats nobody seems to realize we're facing.
Thankfully, nobody in the upcoming generations really cares two bits about copyright laws anymore on a personal level, and improving technology makes it harder and harder to enforce them. A law which is not respected and cannot be enforced pretty much ceases to be a law at all. Legal tensions over the issue will keep rising over the next few decades, and assuming we don't end up in a full-scale Orwellian state the laws will eventually be redone in a far more reasonable and palatable situation. Until then though, who cares about torrenting anything? I torrent everything I consume, then purchase anything I like and plan to keep.
>>
>>73001171
>deluge

Mein Mapple nigger.

That said, jewllywood can suck my smelly,hairy,brown cock.

I am not going to pay 1000 beans to buy a movie i will see once.
>>
>>73001058
ip dont real
>>
>>73001676

It's literally a Botnet, and has been known to work with MPAA
>>
>>73002380
they infringe on physical property
>>
>>73001676
>>73002185
>>73002185
>>73003236

uTorrent used to use you as a bitcoin mining machine.

AND MOTHERFUCKING ADS.
>>
>>73001171

I use Deluge with PIA proxy

Works great! Plus it has the look and feel of utorrent without the botnet, so there's no reason not to use it
>>
>>73001058
I thought of this thread before you did op. If you send me a bitcoin I'll consider not pressing charges.
>>
>>73004753

If that's how things worked it would make sense not supporting IP laws.

In a sense, they sort of do. Like people taking out patents with absolutely no intention of actually making said product.

But for copyrights on movies and shit like that, your argument doesn't really make sense.

>spend millions of dollars making the movie
>release movie, copyrighted
>make back investment and get profits from sales

It's not really "oh wow, you thought of monty python and the holy grail before me, good job buddy, I'm not paying you for that."
>>
Yeah well the lastest version i downloaded just raped my computer with Ads and virus

Id rather utorrent
>>
File: 1444260769697.jpg (39 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1444260769697.jpg
39 KB, 500x540
>all these poorfags without a seedbox
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.