[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do lefties get all their news and political opinions from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: oliver.jpg (34 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
oliver.jpg
34 KB, 728x546
Why do lefties get all their news and political opinions from "comedians?"
>>
>>72975929
Because it's easy to digest while at the same time, telling them they're good people, and the people that disagree with them are stupid.
>>
>>72975929
Because they're chucklefucks.
>>
useful idiots
>>
>>72975929

Cause they're le dumb xDD

Or maybe because anyone who is remotely funny always happens to be a leftist so why not copy and paste, I mean the points aren't any less valid because they came out of a mouth of a comedian.
>>
Bc the truth isn't as funny as biased jokes and narrative. And liberals, being the children they are, require constant entertainment and distraction from their stupidity and horrible lives
>>
Comedians tend to be more intelligent than the general population.

Networks specifically look for comedians to host late night shows.

Comedians tend to be more liberal than the general population.
>>
>>72975929
They, broadly speaking, value research and informed opinion, which is why most serious broadsheet newspapers are seen as at least somewhat left leaning. (The Times and WSJ are rare exceptions). And this is why universities lean a long way left. It's also why the right can't muster "intellectuals" much better than Ann Coulter (who is a media lightweight).

The right for too long has been anti-science (tobacco does not harm; there is no climate change; fracking is really safe) and pro-corporate profit. This has driven away balanced, clear-thinking people so they're either center aligned, left activists, or politically disengaged. The problem with information sources is on the right, where the best available are propaganda outlets like Fox News and Breitbart. Prove me wrong!
>>
>>72975929
I used to watch Jon Leibowitz

They make the news funny by making fun of people their viewers don't like. It's actually pretty simple.

And it's absolutely subversive.
>>
>>72976096
Norm MacDonald. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>72975929
It's the only way to capture a leftist's attention for more than 5 seconds
>>
>Why do polacks get all their news from not le argument man and le LSD bird?
>>
File: 1460720612104.jpg (266 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
1460720612104.jpg
266 KB, 905x881
The Daily Show was actually a pretty decent place to get info until around 2010. Stuart would just tell facts like they are then make jokes about it. Especially during Dubya - they made the government more transparent. Once Obama took office, all the shows like his took a sharp turn away from criticizing the establishment and instead began attacking anyone who questions it.

Fast forward to shoo shoo limey blimey's show and it's nothing but anti-right rhetoric and non-storys attempting to demonize the average conservative guy in this country.

Thankfully, their faggotry is pretty much out in the open for all to see now, and we are witnessing an explosion in right-leaning YouTubers filling the void where mainstream media has completely failed our demographic. While some may be shills, I am pretty sure guys like Stefan "Not an Argument" Molyneaux are sincere in their efforts to spread civilization-cultivating ideals and try to halt the impending doom of all European peoples.
>>
File: 1461200289020.jpg (150 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1461200289020.jpg
150 KB, 800x600
>>72976353

Thing is, there are plenty of intelligent right-wing people. I would argue that true Conservatism is the natural result of education. All the loftly overly idealistic goals of Liberalism taste like honey when a young impressionable student takes his first sip of Political Philosophy. But once you get to the bottom of the glass, Reality and Experience await you, which always results in conservative policies. Edmund Burke, Möser, and Hegel had it right.

Also, the big-name right wingers who are anti-science, anti-climate change, and pro-fracking are in it for the money. They are well aware of the realities of the situation, but either their job depends on them supporting these interests, or the money is just too good to stop. Either way it is fucked, but it's disingenuous to assume that people are stupid for promoting private sector interests.

I wish the right could get a cable network and broadcast true conservative ideals, ideals that build and maintain great civilizations. We need to send the message that civilization is built with rational thought, planning, and a healthy amount of discrimination against de-constructors. Modern Liberalism, aka Frankfurt School Critical Theory, is entirely about deconstructing traditional values into primitive components that people can laugh at and then reject. It's natural end result is Stalinist Communism once all institutions are destroyed and only The Party and the retarded masses remain.
>>
>>72975929
They can't risk criticism of their beliefs. By masking them in humor they can respond to any critique with "LOL, ITS JUST A JOKE, BRO".
>>
>>72977927
I actually agree with most of that, though I wouldn't just name three somewhat conservative philosophers to prove the point. I think intelligent people tend to take historically grounded positions and are often interested in preserving elements of tradition and the past. That said, the word "tradition" has built into it a tension between maintaining continuity and preserving the past by not replicating it in the same way. See Raymond Williams in Keywords on this.

I'd love to see a really good highbrow conservative news network in the US. Likewise for a newspaper that's not primarily concerned with finance and wall st.

I think you've bought too much of the dumb-ass beta appropriation of "cultulal marxism" -- you're getting the Frankfurt School wrong. They hated the populist left and deconstruction. Derrida didn't like identity politics. All the above were anti-Stalinists. But honestly, these nuances are lost on this board, where mostly people want their prejudices confirmed and a few lulz.

tl;dr: serious conservatism needs reviving.
>>
>>72977225
the show was shit since king nigger was elected. it changed from criticizing the president and congress men to criticizing evil republican congressmen and protecting my prized black bull
>>
Fox News has Dennis Miller.... does that count?
>>
File: FinalVictory.gif (754 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
FinalVictory.gif
754 KB, 400x225
>>72975929
Dude its just a joke, only an idiot would take it seriously.
>>
Because they like being talked to like children and have no sense of irony other than what is pointed out to them by these cock mongerers.
>>
You are only allowed to say subversive stuff if its a joke.

Take a deep breath and ask yourself "am i authoritarian?"
>>
>>72976096

Not true at all and just because it comes out of a comedians voice doesn't make it any more valid. They can be wrong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.