[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Some Colleges Don't Seem to Be Meant for Brown Students
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: Boston-College-Library.jpg (345 KB, 579x393) Image search: [Google]
Boston-College-Library.jpg
345 KB, 579x393
http://www.vivala.com/education/higher-education-latina-decolonizing-silence/4093

>Silence is a privilege; or rather silence is reserved for the privileged. The ability to claim a piece of this planet all for your lonesome, and to demand that no one disrupts your space is a privilege not many people have, and it is very daunting to find yourself surrounded by people who feel entitled to it.

>So when I strutted into my private university’s library in graduate school and found my first actual silent library, I wanted to crawl out of my skin. I found it suffocating. It was the first time I began to realize how much this space was not meant for me. I already had people question the validity of my enrollment, but you come to expect that when your middle school guidance counselor says you will never amount to anything. But an entire building communicating that an institution of higher education was not built for your kind was NOT something I was prepared for.
>>
Wow, this stupidity was so great that I had to shitpost in their comment section. Although, can you really call it shitposting if the post contains common sense?
>>
>>72946369
... damn... really... makes you... think... huh...
>>
>>72946369
Yes, the silence is opressing me, help!
>>
Hello darkness my old friend
>>
>Latina "intellectuals"
>>
>>72947332

lol I had that going through my head all morning thx to this article
>>
>>72946369
Brown people really do create their own hell don't they?
No one can study in brown nations because every place is filled with loud shrieking idiots going Aye Chica!
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>everyone else can keep their mouth shut and be courteous
>this means they're privileged

kek
>>
What's the solution Maria, blast gay tejano music in libraries so people who don't belong here won't take the fucking hint?
>>
>>72946369

>get triggered by silence
>in a library
>demand jungle drums beat 24/7 in the library
>>
>>72946369
>Silence is a privilege; or rather silence is reserved for the privileged
Is he implying that he is a loud ape?
>>
File: 1461626434926.png (136 KB, 300x480) Image search: [Google]
1461626434926.png
136 KB, 300x480
So what she's saying is that she is physically incapable of being polite to other people who are doing work?
>>
violent sheebon unable to spend five minutes not polluting the air with her shitty music and cell phone arguments
>>
This was surprisingly funny.

t. A Latino who values quiet libraries
>>
>can't handle a place where the people within are expected to maintain a silent atmosphere due to people being there to study and research

lucky it was just a latina--a nigger would've started going ballistic and probably set fire to the bookshelf while screaming about muh oppreshun and blacklivesmatter
>>
File: 1460920710663.jpg (50 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1460920710663.jpg
50 KB, 406x364
>>72946369
>going to a nice ass college
>enrolled because of minority quotas and minority scholarships
>wahhh I'm so oppressed :(

I want to bludgeon these people with a cactus
>>
>>72946369
>people can behave in a library
>I can't because I'm a chimp
>whaaaaa dei be privileged
>>
>>72946369
this is satire. r-right?
>>
>>72946369
Maybe he should do his research at kfc
>>
File: 1450807849353.jpg (19 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1450807849353.jpg
19 KB, 419x249
>>72948004
Kind of sorta Latino, I despise noise and seek silence. I would always go to the quiet quiet rooms to study during my undergrad. You know, the rooms where if you unzip your backpack you get death glares.
>>
>>72948136
At least read the article, Esteban.
>>
>"Institutions of higher education are supposed to provide us with space that enhance the brains ability to retain information, not shame us."

Has she figured out that for some people, that's a quiet library? And that if she doesn't like that, there are plenty of places like the cafeteria or student union food court she can go to study?
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (17 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
17 KB, 292x257
>>72948049
First post here, I give best post to this post.
>>
>>72948049
Do it friends, maybe it will catch up in europe aswel
>>
>>72948388
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>72946369
I am brown and my response to OP us what the heck?!
>>
>>72948337
>reading a vivala '''''''''article'''''''''
kek
>>
I read this. So she had a feel being in a library for white people and its racist privilege designed to exclude her?

The left has indoctrinated her well if she believes this in spite of the scholarship and admissions and grade preferences she got.
>>
>>72948548
>I am brown and my response to OP us what the heck?!

Ok, please let me explain. A library is a place where people go to read books. You read books to learn things that aren't "street smarts".
>>
I've been in university libraries in Bogota, San Juan, and Guayaquil and they were all quiet places. Sounds like a mentally ill leftist who doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about and wants to claim she's representing anyone but her retarded self.
>>
File: strayantearsoflaughter.png (191 KB, 351x374) Image search: [Google]
strayantearsoflaughter.png
191 KB, 351x374
>>72947537
Y'might be on to something there. If niggers feel that setting aside spaces for silence, so that people can perform intellectual tasks on private property without disruption, as some violent, oppressive act against them, it's no wonder they never achieved anything.
>>
>>72946369
>The ability to claim a piece of this planet all for your lonesome, and to demand that no one disrupts your space

What if I told you this sounded like the idea of safe spaces?
>>
>>72947537
>Brown people really do create their own hell don't they?

As do all Catholics. Catholicism, as any social welfare doctrine, short-circuits progress in a cycle of sin-confession-absolution.
> He might be a sexist pig
> But he's a homie, he deserves forgiveness
> And it's all the whities fault anyway

Thank God for the whitey, I'm horrified to imagine what would happen when they have no one else to blame. The Inquisition, probably.
>>
>>72946369

Fuuuggg. Some obnoxious bitch who is trying to speak on behalf of "our" kind. At least this is an improvement over beta SJW whites speaking on behalf of other kinds of races
>>
>>72949026
>The ability to claim a piece of this planet all for your lonesome, and to demand that no one disrupts your space
>only white people are allowed to buy private property
>>
Does this paticular library forbid the use of headphones? That's what everyone I knew in college did if they wanted to listen to music, radio, whatever. If you wanted noise you could have as much as you wanted, just keep it to yourself.

>I had already had people question the validity of my enrolement.

Couldn't imagine why.
>>
File: 1460921096978.gif (892 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460921096978.gif
892 KB, 480x270
>libraries are weird and suffocating

Congratulations, you're one of the many people who prefer to study with background noise than absolute silence

Fucking SJWs
>>
>>72949155
>"our" kind
>an improvement

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.
>>
>>72946369
It's a library. Where it's rude to be loud. You are fucking meant to be quiet there. People cannot have silence in their dorms so they need somewhere do get it--i.e. the fucking library.
>>
>>72947332
>http://www.vivala.com/education/higher-education-latina-decolonizing-silence/4093

>hello us darkies dindu nuffen
>>
>>72949314
Except from that one time when it's literally always been a thing.
>>
File: cant be real.jpg (34 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
cant be real.jpg
34 KB, 320x405
>>72946369
How do people this stupid get a job? Is this affirmative action at work?
>>
>>72946369
This article is too true. Spics are subhuman savages who literally have a mental breakdown if they can't shit out random words at high volume all the time.
>>
>>72949627
> there is no place in this country for racism
> except from that one time when it's literally always been a thing

> there is no place in this country for colored-only drinking fountains
> except from that one time when it's literally always been a thing

Ebin reasoning :DD
>>
File: fff.jpg (58 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
58 KB, 1032x774
>>72946369
It's a fucking library, they are supposed to be quite you fuck knuckle. Please God someone nuke us already, end this liberal hell on earth.
>>
Well I don't know about racism but as a white person when I go to the library I just get my reference texts and sit down and work, I don't think about the cultural implications of occupying that space at that time in a socioeconomic context.
>>
>>72948004

You're not a Latino. You're a goddamn sudaca de mierda, we descendants of the roman empire are the true latinos.
>>
File: 1413940469878.jpg (215 KB, 1032x1312) Image search: [Google]
1413940469878.jpg
215 KB, 1032x1312
>>72946369
>>72948136
Jesus, this is one dumb spic. How fucking lazy are you that you complain it's too quiet to study?
>>
>Mexican intelllectual has triggering encounted with actually concentrating on acedemics
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.