[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn`t there a Moon Landing in the past 40 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: The Earth.jpg (524 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
The Earth.jpg
524 KB, 2048x2048
I`m not trying to ask whether the moon landing was real or not or the earth not round but flat. I just want to know why there is no more ambition from anyone to explore further . Or can`t they get to it anymore for a reason?
>>
>>72641626
The big reason you'll hear is that there isn't anything on the moon worth looking at.
Not that it matters, this is a slide thread.
>>
Money.

Not a lot of interest from the politicians to keep funding it after we were perceived to have "won" the space race. We got some good science out of it, but in general we learned that there wasn't much money to be made from space in that time with the technology available- in fact it was breathtakingly expensive.
>>
In 2012 US election, people were calling Newt Gingrich a memer for promising to build a US moon base.
>>
It's more important to give that money to Shaniqua for having her 6th child with an unknown father.
>>
There's no reason to go there.
>>
It's expensive and there's not much on there. We did go there... 6 times.
>>
>>72641626

Do you think it's cheap to do a lunar round trip with live passengers? Also what would you be getting out of it to justify the cost?
>>
File: 131611994781.jpg (17 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
131611994781.jpg
17 KB, 475x475
>>72641626

Maybe there will soon be. White flight in astronomical scale.
>>
>>72641626
it was determined to be a source of tension between super powers and nobody at the time wanted a war over the moon

they signed a international agreement that prohibits any moon base for any one and why go it you cant set up shop

its seen as a potential advantage better than spy satellites and could be used to as a base of operations to launch a nuke at earth
>>
Flat earth
>>
File: 1461284063500.jpg (60 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
1461284063500.jpg
60 KB, 640x478
Do you think Trump will change Obama's "Flexible path" space policy and will restore the "Constellation program" or even going to propos something greater?
>>
>>72641626
The Jews of course
>>
is it really a matter of money and a lack of interest that no one goes to the moon? well that`s less than i expected
>>72642340
yeah this seems pretty reasonable but is it really nothing more?
>>
>Or can`t they get to it anymore for a reason?

We activated the moon's automated defenses when the second mission, Apollo 12, landed there. Remember Apollo 13? The reason they had to abort that mission was because the moon fired on them, but the official story that they made a movie about was an explosion in the oxygen converter. They had some later Apollo missions that tried to sneak inside the defenses, but these had to return empty-handed because the defense grid was too thorough.

I don't have the image macro with the links to the declassified documents proving this, but I'm sure someone will post it in this thread.
>>
>>72642453
Aliens will make contact with us as soon as he is elected president, they are waiting for the right governing body to communicate with.
>>
>>72642249
Yes i think it would be cheap Its clearly a mystery as to why they dont do this kinda shit. Probably angels are guarding the celestial body..
>>
>>72642453
Trump will either do nothing or do something tangible and impressive.
>>
>>72642913
Space weapon maybe? He loves Reagan and even though hisSpace Wars program was a bluff of the time, now USA can do it really.
>>
>>72641626
Simply because the only reason we went to the moon in the first place is because there was the space race. The United States nor Russia really wanted to go to the moon, they just wanted to be possibly the first country to do so. And now that USA has done it, they could care less about going to the moon, they have succeeded in being the first. Same for Russia, it's not that Russia couldn't have gotten to the moon or didn't have the technologies, but they already lost their objective and could no longer be the first.
>tldr: There is no point in going back because the objective of bieng the first has already been beaten.
>>
>>72643458
however, russia has some big plans for the moonbase in next15 yeras
>>
The more I find out about the moon landings the less I believe in it.
If they sent people to the moon once and said ''ok, we did it, guys'' then it would be a lot more believable than them going to the moon so many times. So many fucking times.
Just look at this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missions_to_the_Moon

12 people have walked on the moon. Why the fuck were they even there? I get it you go there once just to show that you can, but why so many times and so many people? And then they just stopped? Ok, so spending billions to go to moon for no reason is fine, but then it's no longer fine and we don't go to the moon because it's too expensive?
If they went to the moon so many times, why didn't they do something there? Surely they could have figured out a practical reason to go there.
>>
>>72643706
not really. Oil prices damaged those plans. Only after 2028 we will start making something manned, un-manned Luna probes in 2019, 2020,2022, 2024
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.