[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to talk to all conservatives about something that has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1461790454304.jpg (382 KB, 670x744) Image search: [Google]
1461790454304.jpg
382 KB, 670x744
I want to talk to all conservatives about something that has troubled me for some time.

I am very conservative, to be clear. Expanding freedom of action and choice to all citizens is my primary political focus. I strongly support gun rights, etc. I even supported aggressive action against Saddam; call me crazy.

But I hate my fellow conservatives, almost every single one I have ever known. Conservatives are stupid and gullible almost as a guarantee. The stereotypes of conservatives being closed-minded, knuckle dragging fools falling to pandering republican oversimplifications and being rednecks/dumb grandmas/etc. who violently support the republican party for no decent reason is true. You know that shit is true most of the time.

It's far more true than stereotypes regarding the left, that they are social justice warriors, pansies, or that they conveniently ignore the hard facts. I have always found the stereotypes regarding conservatives being idiots to hold a lot more water, and I think there's a connected reason why the educational community bears an unreasonably high volume of left wing thinkers.

You dumbasses need to get your act together. Every time I meet another conservative now I just brace myself for a canned response, summary of something they saw on fox news, or some kind of oversimplification. It never takes long for them to get there.

Can anyone else level with these feelings?

I am very frustrated that the broad ideology I support is generally held up by such embarrassing toads
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 595x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 595x432
>>72637243
you sure do sound like a conservative
>>
>>72637243
stereotypes are true, news at eleven.
>>
>>72637473

I expect the whole thread to imply I am a liberal sleeper, yeah.

I supported our actions in Iraq, I support lessened government spending and ending wasteful contracts, I support the rights of the states, I support total freedom of guns, drugs, etc. Strong border security is a must, so on and so forth

I support most every idea or attitude trump puts out, other than when he says things that violate geneva conventions or one or two other issues

I would think I am quite conservative.
>>
your fellow "conservatives" are likely neocon shitbrains

they are leftists painted red
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 386x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 386x381
>>72637770
>I supported our actions in Iraq

You sure do sound like a conservative
>>
>>72637243
I'm not conservative
>>
>>72637243
>>72637834
This is the problem with a 2 party system the "right" can get away with being centrist or even leftist simply because they are less left than the opposition.
However you have to keep things simple otherwise nothing would ever get done if there are too many conflicting opinions you get locked into a stalemate.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 1200x750
I actually agree with you somewhat. I went to a trump rally awhile back and there were a lot of rednecks and white trash.

White trash/rednecks are just as bad as niggers imo and I don't want them to be associated with the Conservative party.

Also we need to remove the crazy religious nuts from the Republican Party as well because they really are a drag on the party. We can still be a Christian party but why be so annoying and obnoxious about it like modern evangelicals are?

Nationalist party when?
>>
>>72637243
M8, isn't that people as a majority regardless of political bent?

My American friend said I must be a liberal because I laughed when he said "At least I'm republican and not a dumb democrat". I tried explaining to him that presuming there's not retards either side is a fallacy.
>>
File: moby2.jpg (37 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
moby2.jpg
37 KB, 500x680
>guys I'm totally a conservative
>can we talk about how awful conservatives are?
>>
>>72638926
You can thank Reagan for that. He was the first to realize that the religious right was a deep, untapped well of campaign cash. Unfortunately, taking that money means they get a seat at the table. The GOP's been swirling the toilet ever since.

Tl;dr Reagan ruined the country
>>
>>72638926
>Nationalist party when?

Luckily, Trump is giving the party a heavy nationalist tilt.
>>
Fuck that. I promise it's the exact same on the left. You think the majority of people on the left actually think about their positions? They just spew whatever shit their moderate/leftist teachers and mainstream media shat into their heads. Even assuming the stuff they mindlessly vomit happens to be more true on average than what conservatives do, it doesn't make them more intelligent as individuals.
>>
>>72640077
In a nutshell. It'w why when people ask if I identify as "Left or Right" I kind of immediately know what kind of argument I'm getting into.

I'm picking which piece of shit when spread on the nation will look the best and honestly as far as Britain is concerned we have conservatives openly insulting constituents and labour going to have prove they won't fuck up like the last 13 years they had.
>>
I know what you mean.
"conservatives" on this board aren't really conservatives though. They just believe they are because they browse a "conservative" board, constantly asking "red pill me on this" or "is this degenerate?", and any answer they get is considered conservative. if they learn a liberal idea from here, they'll probably think it's conservative still. When they take a political spectrum survey and they aren't on the right side, they just say its broken.
People on this board are just plain stupid.
It's simply mob mentality.
>>
>>72640624
to add on to this, /pol/ is just one big circle jerk with no hopes of any proper argument or discussion. mods are shit because they can't even enforce the sticky, and all discussions and arguments are just "conservatives" hating on an idea without any substance or counter points.
>>
>>72640624
>>72640789
It's as much a conservative hugbox with little room for discussion as in the way Tumblr is for democratic ideas?
>>
>>72641005
Yes. tumblr, reddit, /pol/, all this places for a place for political arguments. Zero substance, and just one big circle jerk for their side.
Only place I can think of where you can have a decent argument on political issues is at debate. Other than that, any where you go is just "i'm right, you're wrong" with zero counter points.
>>
>>72641525
True, during debate the presence of an audience encourages the participants to not come off as illogical and at worst a raving lunatic.

I prefer an audience to mostly be silent though as then it becomes a rabble rousing match between the debators to get the most "whoops" from the audience.
>>
>>72637243
tl;dr Look at me I'm one of you. Did you know stereotypes are true, but only when not applied to my "enemies"?
>>
>>72637243
There are a couple of reasons for why you have this perception. But, first lets start off with the facts that it's wrong. Conservative US whites are smarter than liberal US whites.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614001081
(This is not infered from state IQ, where red states score lower than blue states, but directly measured.)

The left has a lot more media sympathetic to them. The school system, university, hoolywood and general media are constantly blasting the left-wing narratives at you. The left-wingers simply have more access to narratives on their spectrum, get reminded of it more, and have more people to tailor cliches and canned responses. They have an enormous well lubricated propaganda machine drilling people in their narrative. The idiots on the left simply have more training, and more passive learning of phrases and argument from the media and education.
>>
>>72637770
>I supported our actions in Iraq
Give up no this. Neconservative warmongering for Israel is worthless.
>>
>>72637243
I am honestly a Jew but honestly you guys I really need my fellow Jews -- even though I am honestly a Jew myself -- to stop making Gentile babies into delicious crackers, honestly.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 612x816
>>72637243
sure you are faggot

you have to go back to Mexico Juan
>>
>>72637243
Galko best girl
>>
I agree wholeheartedly. But I disagree to some extent about the left. When I was still at university the number of thoughtless lefties drove me crazy. Sure, they may be generally more intelligent than redneck conservatives, but they're just as ignorant of the platforms they support. When I lived in a small republican town though, many of them would just repeat Fox News talking points verbatim, in the same exact way liberals have their [current year] and 'diversity is our strength'. Overall we need much more active consciousness on both sides; if we insist on being a democracy, that is.

/pol/ is biased and lacks self-awareness (and in some cases, just refuses to punch to the right which is arguably noble)
>>
File: wojak hostage.jpg (30 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
wojak hostage.jpg
30 KB, 500x328
>/pol/ is conservative
>/pol/ is a hugbox
>no political discourse on /pol/

JIDF out in full force today
>>
>>72646471
I find the more people actually think about their positions, the more centrist they become
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.