[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: 20160428_135805.jpg (568 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160428_135805.jpg
568 KB, 2560x1440
What do you think about suicide?
>>
>>72619584
I'm strongly considering it.
>>
>>72619584
Should be illegal
>>
>>72619649
Same. I havent done anythimg in 10 years. Im 30. Got nothing. Daf is dying and ill inherit 40,000 but im supposed to split that e ways. Should i just take the money and run, never talk to my siblings again?
>>
>>72619584
I am too afraid to do it.

Too many fairy tales drummed into my head as a kid.

Rationally speaking, it seems perfectly reasonable to take your own life if you find that life is no longer worth living.
>>
Life is too interesting.
>>
File: 20160428_135801.jpg (552 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160428_135801.jpg
552 KB, 2560x1440
>>72619922
Why are you afraid?
>>
>>72619584
a luxury and indulgence of the weak and pathetic
>>
>>72619650
not just illegal, it should be punished with death sentence
>>
>>72619584
you should try it, its fun as hell
>>
Probably the most honorable way to go. I think ts only shameful if you are leaving pre-teenage children behind.
>>
>>72620048
I don't know with absolute certainty that there is nothing after the death of the body and almost every human tradition condemns suicide.

I guess a fear of eternal recurrence or hell still lingers in the back of my mind.
>>
>>72619584
Unnatural. A symptom of the modern guilt and self hate addiction.
>>
>>72619584
It's a viable option.
>>
>>72620151
Would be funnier if you gave them life-sentence
>>
>>72620048

Additionally, there are a few people that love me and I know that my suicide would deeply hurt them. It would be a very selfish act for me to take my life in this circumstance.
>>
>>72619584
I think that while it is your right to take your own life, it is also selfish, in that you're leaving your family behind, probably blaming themselves.

Even so I've been suicidal for years, and my family has been the only thing keeping me from doing it.
>>
>>72620303
people have been committing suicide for thousands and thousands of years...
>>
It's the only things you can't ask God to forgive you for so I'd never do it.
>>
>>72620611
>it is also selfish

Oh, Christ. Suicide is as selfish for the individual as not wanting someone to commit suicide to consider the feelings of others is selfish for other parties.

Stop thinking of selfishness as inherently-negative.
>>
>>72619584

It's comforting to me that it is an option if things ever get really bad, but I would probably opt for alcoholism first.
>>
>>72620762
>but I would probably opt for alcoholism first.

did that

Trust me, alcoholism just makes everything worse.
>>
>>72619825
>talking about suicide because of money stuff
You're a shallow being.
This is pathetic.
>>
>>72620899

I have had my own brushes with oblivion and it works for me.
>>
Its really nice if you do it properly.
>>
>>72619584
The ultimate right and authority a human has upon himself.

A sad thing the those remaining, but a man can decide how to live his life. Or not.
>>
>>72620686
Just an observation I have from the people that I knew that have suicided. I dont claim to be a suicide expert. I don't have anything to back this up but I would be surprised if the rates were similar between pre-19th century and post
>>
>>72620998
My guess is that you have not sunk to the depths of true alcoholism yet...involving health problems, visits to the emergency room, rehab, etc.

There is a tipping point where alcohol ceases to numb emotion and starts to magnify it. Anger turns to rage. Sadness turns to despondency.

I ended up pushing the few friends that I had away so that I could be alone with my bottle.

Alcohol can be an effective crutch for many years, but eventually, if taken to the extreme, it makes everything worse.
>>
>>72619584
I never understood why they don't try going out with a bang.

Instead of just hanging yourself why not try to be a badass ninja assassin and keep a backup cyanide capsule.
>>
>>72619584
If you are going to kill yourself, sacrifice your life to the good of mankind first.

I don't plan on going on living, so me and my likeminded buddies decided to go on a rampage killing faggots, lesbos and trannies before we get done in by cops or some other gang.

Feels pretty fucking good to crack those faggots heads open, I get to unleash all of my repressed rage towards the world in a single blow to some miserable faggot skull and splatter his brains all over his friends that are watching in horror, paralyzed by the sheer terror of knowing that they are next! Best feeling in the world, better than sex!

You should go ahead and do that if you are going to kill yourself, the way I see it you are doing society a huge favor by taking out the garbage before you go instead of just slicing your wrists and suiciding like a bitch.
>>
>>72621402
You under-estimate the psyche effect it has on your mind. There are some hard-wired stuff about it.
>>
>>72619584
It's a right.
Sad and sometimes selfish, but is the decision of the person.
Unlike abortion.
>>
>>72621067
Japan supports an heroing who would have thought
>>
>>72621390

You are correct. I don't want to trivialize your struggles but personally I would not drink if it wasn't fun.
>>
>>72619584
If ur going to kill urself u become fearless. Its self defeating.
>>
>>72620917
this
>choosing not to breath anymore because of paper
>>
>>72621744

That is a good point. Probably many people who kill themselves are hoping that something will swoop in to save them.

Maybe they hope death is that savior.

On the other hand I can sympathize with simply being tired of things appearing and happening... life is painful and banal once you've been through it. But I think most people are more dramatic.
>>
>>72619649

I'm not considering it, I've already made and accepted my choice and preparations.
I have no fear or anger, and I already have set things aside and in order for the relatives and friends I leave behind.

Something inside of me broke a long time ago, and for 43 years I think I've done a decent job of holding together. But I'm ready to rest now, and some people just won't understand that.

Life is NOT a gift or anything special or sacred. Nor is it meaningless or without value. It's what you make of it.
>>
>>72621818
You would know stuff about not having money, right Greece?
>>
>>72621610
>I would not drink if it wasn't fun.

I said the same thing in my early years of drinking.

Just be careful.

Alcoholism is sneaky and depressed people are especially susceptible.
>>
I don't believe in after life or God so it makes no sense to me to commit suicide--gotta get the most out of this one way ticket
>>
>>72621939
>and some people just won't understand that
And believe me, some just cannot.
For some people, suicide is unfathomable.

So don't fry the small stuff, make it clean, so people won't have to deal with it for too long about stuff and money and shit like that, and take that rest you longed.
>>
>>72621939
>It's what you make of it.

Why have you made this of your life?

Can you make it something different?
>>
Only justified if in constant pain and medicine can't do anything for you
>>
>>72622267
Nobody commit suicide because they are in constant bliss, you dumb cunt.

There is physical and mental pain. Nevermind which one is the subject suffering, pain is pain.
>>
>>72621744
>fear

When I was six, my mother and father brough me to a theather. After the show, we started walking home.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, my mother and father commited suicide.
I was in complete shock.
Took me years to get over it and get to terms with it.

After 12 years or so, I finally understood what I had to do. I had to become what I feared the most.
So I became suicidal.
>>
>>72622075
>I don't believe in after life or God so it makes no sense to me to commit suicide--gotta get the most out of this one way ticket
What if you are in a very shitty ride? Check my flag mate, I kind of drew the shortest end of the stick when I got born white in Brazil, life is nothing but constant suffering.
>>
Faggot cucks
>>
I think it's a great way to end the suffering
>>
File: 1453664593508.png (99 KB, 447x275) Image search: [Google]
1453664593508.png
99 KB, 447x275
I want to commit suicide but i found out its ilegal
>>
>>72619584
Degenerate in some situations, reasonable in others. Someone has to clean up the bodies. Don't just kill yourself willy nilly. It almost always gets better even if it seems like it won't.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>72622473
Oy vey, delete this. I get to judge whether or not your pain is real based off of my limited experiences.
>>
>>72620735
>Stop thinking selfishness as inherently-negative

Like you said, sometimes is not negative, therefore it can be positive.

Suiciding is a selfish-negative act.

Wanting you to stay alive and not suiciding is a selfish-positive act.

That is why only suiciding should be considered real selfishness.
>>
File: a5NqRYy_460s.jpg (33 KB, 460x543) Image search: [Google]
a5NqRYy_460s.jpg
33 KB, 460x543
>>72619584

what if reincarnation proves to be right. would it still be worth it if you had to grow up again?

what if you'd get born into cattle, nigger or best korean?
>>
>>72622488
Made me laugh. 11/9 post.

>>72621903
Thats pretty accurate, an easy reason to live is lets say a 1 in 30 chance of you having a very good day and u deside on calling yourself, all you'd be doing is cheating yourself out of those chances. But I can't speak on behalf of everyone, depression is a messy thing.
>>
>>72619584

it's everyones right to choose to end their life but most suicides seem to be the result of mental disorders that could be helped if mental health care wasn't such a shambles with this entire species
>>
>>72619584
For some people it is the best option really.

I had a very autistic friend. Not in the 'special' sense of the word but genuinely autistic, and his surroundings just couldn't cope. I loved him but he was a burden and was too smart to ignore that. It made me sad but I always knew he was right.

Some people really do not have a place in this world. Maybe in a next life with a different set of cards.
>>
>>72619825
Wow, sounds like you really should kill yourself.
>>
I think if the quality of your life dips below a threshold where living is no longer fun, or may in fact be hellish then yes I'm so far behind suicide I'd be out first promoting.

Though with that said, a lot of suicides don't need to happen - mostly goofy teenage bitches who drink bleach cuz they sucked a dick too many and someone snitched on her..but maybe they do, natural selection and all.

So if you ever get to the point where life is no longer fun ala hunter s thompson, then go for it. But suicide takes balls. Nevermind the faggots who cite inner strength and call you a pussy if you even consider it, for these are the real cowards who would be inable to finish themselves off.
>>
File: 1452380044188.jpg (311 KB, 1700x968) Image search: [Google]
1452380044188.jpg
311 KB, 1700x968
>>72623471

reincarnation is real, killing yourself means you failed to learn your lessons and you will want to try again and again and again... This planet is one of the absolute worse in this galaxy and it's hard to eat all that shit daily but if you can do it and still be yourself and happy, loving and fighting for a better world for all you win :^)
>>
File: 1450540151937.jpg (21 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
1450540151937.jpg
21 KB, 480x490
>>72619584
at one point in my life I had huge considerations and even at one point was on the brick of blowing my head off with a 12 gauge. That night I had went into my bathroom and literally looked myself dead in the eye and considered all the negative effects of doing this and since then I've never had a suicidal feeling for the past 5 years, been great

>inb4 hurr durr should have done it
>>
>>72622154

Well, I typed up a response that was apparently too much for the robot's """ spam filter"""
>>
File: 1294006645211.jpg (22 KB, 350x467) Image search: [Google]
1294006645211.jpg
22 KB, 350x467
>>72620035
Wish I could say this. Nothing has felt rewarding or stimulating in a long time. It must be at least half a decade since I was truly excited about something.

I don't think I'll be here much longer after my parents have died.
>>
>>72624711

Fucking hell, and this gets posted? It wasn't even promoting suicide or shilling anything. I was just talking about how in the grand scheme of things I personally felt like I hardly made a dent.
Some charity volunteer work and missions trips, donating annually and trying to help with my alma mater and my nephews' and nieces' schools, etc.

I know I won't go down in history even as a fine print asterik. But the superman guilt complex will ALWAYS be there because there's always sonething to experience. I'm just ready to step back and admit that I've enjoyed the party overall, but I'm ready to go now.
>>
>>72619584
A waste, you being born was either a one in a million shot or some dude decided you were worth creating and you just waste that cause you can't see past the problems you're facing at the time. Although I will admit something like someone with incurable cancer killing themselves to spare themselves the pain is understandable .
>>
>>72625406
Unless you manage to positively impact a huge amount of lives with your actions, your life is going to be a waste no matter how and when you die.
>>
>>72621948
Damn
Japan going all badass
>>
>>72619584
Its the easy way out. Better to go kill a shit ton of liberals then get shot by the police in a hail of gunfire. Die like a man fighting the cancer destroying our society.
>>
>>72625906
You don't need to have an effect on the world to matter, your parents mattered to you didn't they? Sure in the cosmic sense it's all just a waste but if you think of it like that civilization itself and all the people in the history books don't matter and will all be gone for good one day.
>>
File: 1412742667085.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1412742667085.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
I've had anxiety since I was born, depression on and off non stop since puberty, and diagnosed Aspergers.

I was lucky enough to have higher functioning Aspergers, but that combined with strong anxiety doesn't really make you want to go out and experience the world.

I'm not hideous and I can attract/fuck women if I really try and use humor, but with my issues I'll never have a stable relationship. I'll never be normal. I'll never lead a normal life.

I'm 24 and feel like time had sped up. My will to live comes and goes randomly with the depression part, and a piece of me dies inside after every panic attack I have.

I don't have it nearly as bad as many people, but I have no desires, dreams or goals anymore. The only things I actively look forward to now are smoking the occasional bowl of weed and...that's it.

Nothing excites me, nobody makes me happy to see them like people used to, I just try to make it through each day pissing off as few people as possible in the hopes i get left alone.

I used to be scared of the idea of suicide. First because of hell, then I stopped believing in it. Then of my friends and family, then I said my friends will get over it. Now the only things are mom and dad, but I don't think I can make it until they both pass. I'm 24 and know for a fact I'll never make it to 40

Each cycle is worse than the last. Each panic attack whittles away at me. I'm tired and just want to sleep without waking up. Call me a bitch but it's what I want.
>>
>>72619584
If you commit suicide, can you still go to heaven?
>>
If it's good enough for Cato, it's good enough for me.

Haven't hit that point yet.
>>
>suicide
>not funicide
>>
>>72625130
Too bad, I would have liked to have seen your full response.

I get tired as well, so very tired. Only someone like you can understand this level of mental exhaustion. My bout with alcoholism, didn't help. I suffer from a deep internal sense of defectiveness, social isolation, and unrelenting standards.

For most of my life, nothing I do is ever good enough or can ever be good enough.

I am slowly learning to overcome these mental traps of circular thinking and my life is improving.
>>
File: 1460931136254.png (596 KB, 1131x1154) Image search: [Google]
1460931136254.png
596 KB, 1131x1154
>>72626784
MOTHER OF GO-
>>
It isn't QUANTUM enough for me, pham.
>>
Consider doing something completely different. You can always kill yourself but once you do it's final. So why not doing something completely out of the blue? Suicide makes sense in the moment but the storm will pass. Do you have friends and family?
>>
>>72626383
>You don't need to have an effect on the world to matter, your parents mattered to you didn't they?
On one hand I can appreciate the sacrifices they've made for me, but on the other hand I'm bitter about the fact that they really can't explain why they decided to create me.

>civilization itself and all the people in the history books don't matter
They really don't. What we see as progress is just an illusion, the basic realities of life haven't changed in eons: people still eat, shit, sleep and die.

>>72626747
Well, think about it like this: if suicide is an absolute sin, what about eating unhealthy, or smoking cigarettes? In both cases, you're shortening your life, only the timeline varies. By jumping from the cliff you will die in 5 seconds. By not exercising the same result will happen over a longer period of time. Where are the boundaries of the definition of suicide? Can they even exist?

If you argue dying by eating unhealthy offers hedonistic value, while shooting yourself into a head is only an active action towards death with no other value and therefore different, then you could also argue that the point of life is pleasure. Which in itself is a pretty degenerate value and not advocated by many religions.
>>
>>72620035
>>72626316
Fuck yes
>>
>>72626316
I see Elliot's dad found /pol/
>>
>>72627539
I'm not really understanding you. It seems distinct- partaking in unhealthy habits means you want to enjoy yourself, suicide means you want to be dead. I'm not sure why you could argue that the point of life is pleasure?
>>
File: 1411581062577.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1411581062577.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
I sometimes think alzheimers is really people shutting down when they realize what a shit deal life really is.

I think about suicide every day, i dont think i will kill myself until my youngest child is over 20, but i know they will need me long after that.

Life sucks and always has sucked, nothing good ever happens to me, after 46 years its been a continuous bad time and i just want to drop into eternal darkness because it seems like a better deal.
>>
>>72627538

This is the thing. Some people will say
>suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem

They don't understand that suicidal people see it as
>life IS the temporary problem

It's frustrating to openly discuss suicidology without eventually veering into edgy paradoxical quotes territory.
I don't think it's a matter of right vs wrong. Death is something each individual must make sense of for themselves
>>
>>72619584
it's alright. the eternal jew don't want you to kill yourself because he wants you to take the pharmaceutical jew and have you work to make mr. goldstein rich..
>>
>>72619825
end your life
>>
suicide is the most redpilled thing you can do in life
>>
>>72619584
im just waiting or my kids to get grown
>>
>>72626574
I'll turn 27 in less than a month. Been depressed since god knows when, first therapy session at 11 for suicidal thoughts. Went on and off, decided it's not worth it and stopped at 14 or so, avoided medication.
I've been in several relationships, some lasting long enough to even move in with one of her.
I've lost everything I've got several times, been drunk for years, even got in the streets.
I've been diagnosed with aspergers a few mounths ago, after trying again to kill myself.
It was a relief you know, finally knowing what causes this constant agressive maelström of thoughts and feelings...
But it was no excuse, in the end, it's always up to you and only yourself. The way you see, feel, know and put yourself to this fucking cryptic thing that is the world, that is the only thing that matters, in the end, yourself only can provide meaning, no matter how big it is, no matter how small... You know these kind of things you put yourself thru an existential crisis. Not the point here anyway. I know your struggle.
Suicide is denying yourself the only chance you can make your life better. I had the chance to do it, I took it.
>>
>>72628031
You have children and you think nothing good ever happen to you?
>>
>>72628031
I've worked in retirement houses. Alzheimers is the worse kind of curse you can get. You're in complete denial of reality, unable to process space and time, constantly living in the memories you're forgetting.
It's hell.
>>
>>72619584
I think you should do it
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.