[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone red pill me on this so called "fraternities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
Can someone red pill me on this so called "fraternities and sororities" form of degeneracy? What are they supposed to be? Why are they even necessary? Why do they exist? We don't have that kind of things here
>>
There are really fucking gay clubs that call themselves fraternities at universities, but it's university, so what did you expect?

It's a fucking club though, there are good and bad I guess, it depends on the assholes attending. The warrior lodges among the Adeptus Astartes during the Great Crusade were pretty cool.
>>
>>72550767
They aren't necessary. You can find fairly conservative peers in them, but I rode the tiger all by myself instead.
>>
Some are degenerate, most actually. Surprisingly the least degenerate are the coed ones because they are usually occupied by nerdy but extroverted and success driven students.

Fraternities are some of the last refuges of masculinity on the modern campus. Unfortunately most of them become essentially PUA centers.
>>
>>72550767
I pledged ATO in college. I can't think of a good reason it existed but I made a lot of good friends and had some good times. They're certainly not "necessary." They're essentially private social clubs that are sanctioned by the university. Every sorority or frat has a set of 'ideals' and whatnot that are meant to be a guide toward who to let in but that's not taken very seriously. Also, the houses are far from homogeneous. There are different 'cliques' within each house. There were dudes who I never actually met and whose names I never actually learned.
>>
>>72550767
Basically just a boys/girls club. I joined a club sports team instead, had way better scars and stories to tell.
>>
File: 1462046215687.jpg (432 KB, 600x3315) Image search: [Google]
1462046215687.jpg
432 KB, 600x3315
>>72550767
Fraternities is an ally of /pol/ the are a bastion of conservatism and masculinity in an SJW run institution.

Fraternities are a glaring hole in every academics statements about Rape culture, women, sexual behaviors, violence, diversity etc.

there is nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>72552280
But it's the frats who are doing the rape.
>>
Some are bro tier where you can meet people you otherwise would have nevet met. Others are tyrannical houses that like to make gay snuff films.
>>
I went my entire 5 years at college commuting and dodging the "college experience." I was there for my degree, and in a month I'll be working after I obtain my license.
Fuck fraternities, fuck shaping college into anything but an educational institution. Go there with an end-goal in mind and get out with your sanity.
>>
>>72552353
>implying any girl is going to a frat not wanting her pussy stuffed
>>
>>72552353
"Campus rape" is just a meme. There is no epidemic of rape within frats.
>>
>>72552353
nobody is doing the rape, rape cases are at a multi-decade low.
>>
>>72550767

They allow you to buy friends and connections.
>>
File: squareandcompass.jpg (21 KB, 292x320) Image search: [Google]
squareandcompass.jpg
21 KB, 292x320
>>72550767
This is the only fraternity that matters. All others are pleb or drunk tier bullshit copycats.
>>
>>72552280
I thought they were a bunch of faggots that spent all day high and threw parties with drugs and sluts
>>
>>72552953
yeah there is a lot of that.
>>
>>72552522
very nice. That's how it's seen here. We don't live in college, we don't throw parties, we just go to study. I don't even know who are most of my classmates. I make friends outside of college
>>
>>72552914
>Mansons
>good fraternity
>literally pyramid scheme "Iluminati edition"

No
>>
File: 4.jpg (25 KB, 542x579) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
25 KB, 542x579
>>72550767

Fraternity ruined my brother's life. He drank before, but he is a drunkard now. He smokes cigs too. He may not graduate.

Fuck frats. I warned him about it too before he joined. Frats don't have "connections" and it will NOT help you get jobs, especially if you have shitty grades which frats will make you get.

I'm glad my college banned frats and sororities ten years ago good riddance.
>>
Currently in Greek life in a major SEC university.

Everyone has their right to decide how they spend their time in college. I was non-affiliated for my first year, and I have to admit, I regret not being in a fraternity that year. No matter how many student organizations I was truly active in, the amount of effort and work I put into the fraternity made it worth while.

Sure, my academics weren't absolutely 100% amazing. I'm still going to professional school next year on my own merits, not on the coattails of some alum.

Parties? Amazing. Women? Fucking hot, willing to put out. But, honestly, it's the brotherhood I will miss the most when I graduate. Parties and people with two X chromosomes are everywhere. It's the close friendships that matter.

As for the /pol/ aspect of fraternities, all southern-associated chapters will be right leaning. All Jewish fraternities will be left leaning. Both sides still hold considerable power at the student government level, and do what they want, when they want, how they want. I admit, Greek life is mostly bluepilled. After all, each national fraternity/sorority is a BUSINESS. They have CEOs making six figure incomes. It's just good, easy business. Until pledges die.
>>
>>72553156
>Masons
>millions of dollars poured into childrens hospitals
>cancer research
>elder care
>keep mostly under the radar, don't feel the need for recognition
vs.
>Greek Alphabet soup frats/sors
>millions of dollars into drugs and alcohol
>known prostitution rings within
>violence, arrests, typically loud and obnoxious members

ok
>>
Frats are useless unless you're going to an elite university.
>>
It's not so good since many universities stopped the good sexual hazing.

Fun times those were.
>>
>>72550767

Holy fuck, I would love to fuck that girl on the left. She looks like a loli.
>>
>>72553643

That's a 5 year old trap you faggot
>>
>>72552280
This is accurate. Fraternities are a good place for white men to get away from SJWs and other anti white groups. They also teach you how to be a gentleman, force you to be social, and how to balance your school and social life. I'm GDI but there's nothing wrong with fraternities.
>>
>>72553752

>implying it matters
>>
>>72553251
Proves you know nothing about fraternities. Your brothers an idiot for jioming a fraternity of people who wouldnt envourage him to better himself. Saying frat are full of drunk retards is pretty much a meme at this point, i go to UMD and at least 75% of frats have their shit together academically and socially.
>>
If they're a REAL fraternity from a prestigious school, they're a great way to form connections for future jobs.

Sororities are just for sluts who want to marry those guys
>>
>>72550767
I went to a party at a sorority once. Was pretty awesome. Was basically all gay dudes and girls, there was only one straight guy there. They provided all the booze and had a huge buffet thing set up. At the end of the night there was a couple naked passed out chicks plus I met some crazy german dude there and we still see each other from time to time.
>>
I'm AEPi. We fucked gentile girls.
>>
>>72551005
There's nothing gayer than 40k.
>>
>>72553373
My AEPi chapter was right-wing. We even banned niggers at parties and told them to do shit to get away during rush even if they were Jews.
>>
They are cults. They require insanely high amounts of time and money. You can get the things they offer (i.e. sense of community) in other places, such as a sports team. At least on sports team you have a real goal to work towards.

It consumes lives and a lot of them have a holier-than-thou complex. It's basically paying for "friends", and a lot of them, so you can brag about your connections. You can make connections and build a resume in easier and more useful ways. Every single frat/sorority parties, even the professional ones. Every rush week they put a hold on all parties and drinking to put on a wholesome facade. Then when they acquire potential members, they resume. Not to mention they have loads of mandatory shit and disciplinary measures to ensure you conform to their secret club. Some of these are fundraisers, which they do to give people a good impression of their shitty organization.

I have childhood friends at many different schools who consider their "brothers" to be on par with my level of friendship. I know I'll win next year since we will have all graduated by then. When they never see their beloved "brothers" again after college and I'm still around, then they will realize how stupid they were.

TL;DR
https://vimeo.com/147767325
>>
>>72553411
>>millions of dollars poured into childrens hospitals

With millions more pocketed by the leaders of the organization.

It's a silly scheme to take advantage of lonely people, and holy hell does it work.
>>
>>72553251

>Frats don't have "connections" and it will NOT help you get jobs

Sounds like

A) you're brother has self-control issues, and
B) he joined a shitty frat.

My boss is an alumni of a frat in Chico and they (the alumni) really sink in a lot of personal funds and money back into the house and organization. The actives that live there have a really good deal on rent and the place is really nice. I see the "brothers" over at my boss's shop on weekends using his tools, welders, auto maintenance shop, etc. working on their cars and engineering projects for school. When I stop by on weekends they are often holding fun events and parties. They really are networked and stay in touch with each other, help each other when there are problems, do fund raising and what not.

As an outsider, this is just my observation. There are a lot of things going on there I don't know about.
>>
it's about 2/3rds networking gold mine and 1/3 pua bullshit
>>
I tried joining some frats but once they evaluated my personality, I was rejected. I'm not sure if I'm too ugly, too introverted, or too poor, but whatever it was, they sure didn't want me.
>>
>>72555680

You mean the Greeks don't want no freaks?
>>
>>72555680
it was probably personality.
>>
>>72550767
They are there to help you meet people that will hire for work after college is over. Your actual degree is worthless.
>>
>>72554378
>canada
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 600x448
>>72550767
I think they're a white only phenomenon my Argie friend.
>>
>>72553643
She (Anna Farris) was 32 when she made that movie.
>>
>>72555680
must be why you're here instead
>>
>>72553251
>Frats don't have "connections" and it will NOT help you get jobs
Funny, considering that both Bush and Kerry where both members of the same fraternity.

Its almost like there are different types of fraternities, some for plebs like your brother, some for decent folk and some for the elite.
>>
>>72554472
>>72554558
Just curious, what state and did you do blood brothers?
>>
>>72557891
Zeta chapter and I'm the Epsilon.

Esponda, brother.
>>
>>72552523
Fucking this
>>
File: 4608162170.jpg (114 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4608162170.jpg
114 KB, 800x600
ITT: /pol/ discovers
>teh old boy network
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.