[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I stated dating a girl who works in a city school a few years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: r4q2qDc.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
r4q2qDc.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
I stated dating a girl who works in a city school a few years ago. At the time, I knew city schools were bad, but its way worse than I ever imagined. How do we fix our schools /pol/?

In my opinion its gotten so bad and the liberals are so entrenched in these establishments, teaching kids absolute non-sense with no real world applications that the only answer is to allow these institutions to go bankrupt and through out all of the administration and make them re-apply for their jobs in front of an independent hiring committee. Failure to retain your position means all lose of accrued benefits for the disaster they've created.
>>
>>72523665
>How do we fix our schools /pol/?
Privatize them
>>
Seriously, you guys have no idea how many billions of dollars has been thrown at people who have zero desire to learn.

Its an absolute crime, if a business operated the way these places do, people would be going to jail.
>>
>>72523736

she actually works in a privatized school. i used to think that was the solution as well, but theres only so much a private school can do when you can't really discipline the kids or they'd all be out of school on the street and they literally think learning is a joke.

When its 1 teacher vs. 30 students, theres only so much one can do within the law.
>>
>>72523665
hey, how about we throw money at the problem?
might have to raise taxes on the earners and producers, but if it save just one child...
we could form a committee, and a political action group, and a union, and a czar, and...
>>
>>72523665
Honestly? It depends what you mean by fix.

In Chicago there is a huge push towards charter schools/private schools for those that can afford them. Why? Because public schools have become notoriously shit grade inflated hell holes. So, to have a high school degree from one of them looks pretty bad; ESPECIALLY if you're sitting with a sub 20 ACT, and 4.0 gpa from one of them.

If you mean actually teaching life skills, then you're going to have to go pretty far back; like 1970's and debate with niggers about what are necessary skills. For instance, growing up I looked at old classes for my district and we used to have one called citizenship. It contained

>How to vote
>How to pay taxes
>Basic home economy; iron a shirt, tie a tie, etc
>How to safely use a gun (We used to have a gun locker where you could store registered guns during school hours)

Good luck trying to get that passed today, though. You'll get really stupid people claiming what we need is huge amounts of science so their kids can be the next Albert Jewstein, and maths to catch up with CHINA.
>>
>>72524000

i know youre kidding, so many of her co-workers want that shit. They refuse to answer when i ask why do so many other countries get so much more per $ than our schools.

All they do is spew SJW, liberal socio-economic horseshit back and ask for more money.
>>
>>72524040

Were actually in Chicago. CPS is actually worse than her charter school, but the charter schools are still a zoo. She teaches reading and writing and is not allowed to teach grammar. That still blows my mind. How can you teach reading and writing if you are barred from teaching grammar????? I don't know if people know shit like this is going on, which is why i made this thread.
>>
>>72523736
>Privatize them

Required viewing http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m4b1v_free-speech-education_fun
>>
>>72523826
100% privatize. Allow them to discriminate for whatever reason they please. Make them pay for their own curriculum. It may not solve the problem, but it's all we can do on the school end of things.
>>
>>72524139
define insanity: doing the same thing over and over, hoping the outcome will change.

her co-workers aren't insane, and don't want change.
they know a gravy train when they see one.
just make sure you're out of the way when it comes off the tracks, buddy.
>>
>>72524330

theres not going to be a gravy train that much longer for these people in Chicago. They aren't going to know what hit them.
>>
>>72524243
Meh, just let Chicago fuck itself up. The only reason the city even stays afloat is because so much capital flows through it.

t.Faggot who also lives in Chicago
>>
>>72523665
You need to separate the student into different levels.

All smart and hard working students should go to a completely different school, where they aren't bothered by chimps.

Having zoo animals around was the biggest distraction to learning when I went to school.
>>
>>72523983
It's the parents too. Can't just hand over the kids and expect someone else to raise them for the next 13-14 years...
>>
>>72524502

so what do you do with the chimps? legally we have to give them some form of education.
>>
>>72524243

It's because in academia and the teaching field, grammar is considered raycis. No lie. I have a libtard coworker (the most shit employee of the group who does shit work and expects more money for it, but that's another story) whose fiance is getting a PhD in English here in MA. No joke they consider ebonics/nigspeak just a different "dialect" of English which is just as academically valid as proper English.

I don't even bother arguing against it, just nod and smile. Same guy who thinks if you win the lotto, you could donate $X to charity such that you'll have a larger after-tax income than if you didn't donate to charity. Fucking self-aggrandizing retards are running the world and everyone is too polite to call them fucking retarded.
>>
>>72524040
Compulsory STEM education ensures people are interested in the damn field you retard. History have proved how important technology is. China would still have kings and queens if they weren't so behind in technological advancement.
>>
>>72524557
Change the law.
>>
>>72524524

100% yes, but how can a parent help with a 6th graders homework when they only have a middle school education as well.

Blind leading the blind.
>>
Step one, eliminate mandatory attendance.

Step two...well, there really is no step two. That'd do it.

Financing the education students who actually want to go and learn, and whose parents realize the value of education, would make it possible to actually teach solid core curriculum again - logic, critical thinking, etc. - instead of spending tons of money trying to get Tyrone to be able to write his name by 5th grade.
>>
>>72524502
Really, what you're asking for isn't possible here for public institutions; the American zeitgeist is that better education is needed for social advancement, and that depriving people of the absolute best education is inherently wrong even if they do not participate well in it.
>>
>>72524629

That sad thing is they have actually started reducing science, technology and history in these school because they want them focused on not sounding like little retards, but then they ban teaching grammar.

I work 50+ hours a week and when i grade her papers and listen to her rant, its like "Why the fuck am i paying taxes for this shit?"
>>
>>72524557

Offer them practical education, where they can lean to "work with their hands".
Those willing to learn can become mechanics and such.

But also accept that most of them will become failures in life.
This isn't all bad: seeing people fail is a good incentive to others.
>>
>>72524557

You give them the reality. They are children who don't realize the most important thing in the world is money. If they don't even have the damn high school diploma. They won't be able to afford new iphone, paying for internet etc etc
>>
>>72524714
Logan square here.
I live across the street from a mexican public elementary school. Those kids do well and eventually go to college. It is the niggers who fall back because smoking blunts and stealing bikes gets you more RNP (real nigga points) than doing homework.
>>
>>72524721

No joke, she teaches sixth grade and has a kid who only knows half the alphabet. She says the school is forced to include all kids no matter what.

I don't understand what the point of putting a kid in a middle school English class is that doesn't even know the alphabet. He needs to start prepping for a trade now, cause he's just too far behind at this point.
>>
>>72524800
>depriving people of the absolute best education is inherently wrong

I didn't mean separate them by race. (although that does tend to be the end result)

If someone is black and poor, but reasonably intelligent and hard working, he/she should be able to make it to the better schools.
an
>>
>>72524721

Kek. because white people can't be school dropped outs.

>logic
>critical thinking

You will just create an army of retards who refuse to believe that they are stupid because they say things like CRITICAL THINKING and argument.
>>
>>72524880
Do they graduate?
>>
>>72524629
Most people are not.
>They're children, they might be interested in it if you expose them to it!
>Children in charge of understanding what they'll be interested in

Most people simply do not do well in STEM and it's a huge roadblock for many students, but is mandatory for graduation.

Essentially, what happens at this point is either the subject needs to be watered down so others can pass it without interest or any sort of talent or people simply do not graduate which affects school funding. What has been happening is the former by and large; most Americans have a really, really base level understanding of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology; so basic I would argue that 5 minutes on a wikipedia article would encapsulate all of their retained knowledge on the subject 5 years down the line.

My argument isn't that teaching these subjects is bad, but that it is coming at the expense of practical skills, but goddamn do people trying to secure funding like saying that "ALL OUR STUDENTS HAVE TAKEN 3 YEARS OF ADVANCED METHOD PHYSICS :DDDD"

Seriously, it completely baffles me how that there a huge push in public schools to teach calculus to every student, but not a push to teach something like personal finance.
>>
>>72524880

Lots of failing hispanic students down by further southwest. Logan Square is definately a step up from the South/Southwest side.
>>
>>72524435
agreed
i understand that the rest of illinois hates chicago?
does not bode well for the golden horde
>>
>>72524880
1. Anyone that can't afford an education doesn't deserve one.

2. Do the taco niggers graduate?
>>
>>72525159
Most of them. It depends on how "ghetto" an eighth grader has been trying to be since they were 10.
>>
>>72525043
But what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter. Parents will put pressure on schools to include their dumb as fuck incompetent children so they could look better for colleges they shouldn't be attending.

As for those who have shitty parents, then you'll have people whose job it is to stir shit complaining that institutional racism or classism is depriving kids of opportunities.
>>
>>72525380

90% of them that graduate don't deserve a diploma and have at best a middle school education. They are simply passed along, each one costing the tax payers almost 200k for basic skills.
>>
>>72525304
The ones with working families graduate. The ones with a dad in jail or who does coke on the stoop of the house with his cholos do not graduate.
>>
>>72525292
Youre dumb if you live in pilsen and expect lakeview.
>>
>>72525498
So they do a little better than the blacks, not "pretty good."
>>
>>72525615
>Blacks
>Graduating at all
>>
>>72525531

Don't expect that. I just think we have to start asking tougher questions when these kids are literally learning at half the rate of the Lakeview kids. I can understand being a full grade behind, but two-three grades behind? Come on. We've gotta start holding these communities accountable for at least something or pull the funding.

They have to have skin in the game.
>>
>>72525496
They dont all have to go be successful. Most of the graduates go to city colleges of chicago, east west u, northeastern college, everett college, or at best robert morris. They get jobs working as nurse practicioners or cooks, and dont really succeed in life but think "whatever, im the first in my family with a college degree".
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 550x550
Honestly? You really want to know?

We need an era of brutality and savagery in which the state actively tries to eradicate poverty by the most expedient means necessary: kill the poor.

Why tolerate animal subhumanity in any color or shape?

The indolent, lazy, useless, and stupid should all die. Nigger should be redefined to mean any useless piece of shit person, color unrelated. Then, those of us who share the values of justice, reason, hard work, and respect can kill off all the niggers.

Then the schools will be pretty good again.

Sometimes, genocide is a good thing, a thing of which to be proud.
>>
>>72525410
>Parents will put pressure on schools to include their dumb as fuck incompetent children

Good.

And schools should pick the best students.
The better to learn, the more chances you have to get picked by a top school.
>>
>>72525755
I love that last line,
They have to have their brown skin in the game. So true, so on the mark.
>>
>>72525760
but its not a real college degree. Those types of jobs could be taught over a couple weeks in a focused class.

Instead of charge the students (and most likely it will end up being the taxpayers) for these kids to continue the fail, but pass game another four years.
>>
>>72523665
From memory:
About 20 years ago a NYC teacher instructed all of her students to rinse their eyes with a solution that included something like toilet bowl cleaner. This was to clean away radiation from evil republicans or corporations. About 5 kids were totally blinded and about 5 more were partially blinded. She wasnt arrested and she wasnt even fired, but she was moved to an administrative position.

At least half of American government jobs were taken over by leftist crazies in the 60s.
>>
>>72525880
I still don't think you're understanding this. The American logic doesn't work this way.

It would be essentially parents putting pressure to get their retards into the best of schools regardless of how qualified they are... and those parents will win because of how elections work for small city governing.
>>
>>72525826

Ive told her I think the police is so militarized. I think when the money finally runs out and the people that actually produce are forced to choose between their kids or families of failure, you know what the choice will be.

The other side will not know what to do without the freebies and riot, then the police roll in...
>>
A massive program that’ll reform the high school system, that’ll allow high school students to learn a trade, and get a degree/significant amount of credit for a degree in that trade.

Vocational schools and the like exist, however they’re private and are separated from the high school this
will be in the high school, making for a very streamlined and natural process for all kids, which will significantly reduce the youth unemployment rate when kids leave high school.

Community colleges and the like can still serve a purpose for the people that want a more advanced degree than what they received from high school, or perhaps to finish what they didn’t complete in high school.

Goals:
● offer a comprehensive apprenticeship program, that’ll have students work onsite, whichwill be required to earn a degree

● Promote the idea of learning a trade. Publish data showing how a smaller % of students that learn to become engineers, etc end up actually becoming one, as opposed to those getting a more guaranteed trade job.

● End the culture of choosing a degree in liberal arts, and get those students back to trade jobs. Publish data showing how you can earn more money with a trade job realistically than you would with a Liberal Arts degree
>>
>>72524330
that is literally not the definition of insanity
>>
>>72526039
You're putting the horse before the cart. The changes need to happen culturally that would accept this before any of this would work effectively.

Besides, I'd argue that vocational programs being free through public education would completely destroy unions, or force them to create further qualifications. You'd also have to raise standards of graduation or else you'd be flooding the market with shitty tradesmen.
>>
>>72526174
I believe Germany does something almost identical over there and if works
>>
>>72526265
Yes, but that's because they're Germans. Swedes also have a very similar system where children are educated according to what they would be viable as.
>>
>>72526339
Honestly why wouldn't blacks and Mexicans be attracted to that too, though?

Like literally, this could seriously give minorities the incentive and hope they desperately need.

This could solve a great deal of the problem here.
>>
>>72526174

But can you imagine the non-stop liberal news bashing if we came in and said, "We will keep funding your schools, but your culture sucks and its gonna have to change now...or your going to be in real pain".

However, I agree. Idiot parents and the overall black and mexican culture are your major one/two issues. Poor asian kids blow these kids out of the water, so the excuse that its about money and they just need more is bullshit.

Ive told her you could spend a millino on each kid and theyd still be behind and she knows it.
>>
File: 1442289602544.jpg (27 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
1442289602544.jpg
27 KB, 500x509
make them all semi- trade schools and staff them with professionals. my public HS gave us 2 periods of an elective trade (electrical engineering, IT, automotive etc.) from sophomore to senior year and helped us with internships near graduation.
>>
>>72526459
The most efficient way of managing this would just let the ship go down. Parents that are smart will send their kids to privatized institutions and testing will allow smarter kids that managed to be dragged down to test into better universities.
>>
>>72526042
>school has place for 500 students
>parents of 5000 children want a spot.
>school picks top 10%

Full if full.
Try the next school.
>>
>>72526485
>technocratic trade-syndicalism should replace the traditional Socratic curriculum entirely as a solution to the increasingly dysfunctional individuals being manufactured by the exponentially specializing faculty of the contemporary school system

We have a word for that kind of lame-brain obedience around these parts, Hans.
>>
>>72526827
okay, maybe not ALL schools, but it's still a nice alternative.
>>
>>72526450
Because the American logic doesn't work this way.

To put it bluntly, the status and money attached to a high education career are the goal; being good at the career or enjoying it tend to be secondary. It's not

>I would make a good doctor
It's
>I want to be a doctor because doctor's make $$$

And since there is this kind of mode of thought that simply obtaining the credentials will make them viable as a doctor it becomes the duty of parents and lower institutions to push their children through regardless of their ability.

To draw this back to your idea

>I don't want to work as a tradesman because trades are low status
>Therefore, I will bypass everything possible to get around this

Or
>I will work as a tradesman, but I don't particularly care about the job, nor its responsibilities
>The school will pass me to secure funding and get me the fuck out of there
>Society now has really vaguely qualified people doing trades

And not even to mention
>Market becomes flooded with tradesmen
>Tradesmen tend to be well paid because they're unionized and qualified
>Unions break down under the pressure
>Trades jobs are no longer as well paid from the get go, or unions have to restrict access to their organizations
>Unionized workers will be trusted more because they're actually experienced and restricted
>Graduates end up as a tradesmen that no one will hire
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 950x798) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 950x798
>>72523665
Harrisburg pa. The graduation rate is 38%. The schools are approx 80% black. Those kids don't care about school. The girls just want to get on welfare, have babies young for money just like mom & grandma. The boys just want to be thugs & drug dealers. Don't need an education for either of those career choices.
>>
>>72526773
>School has place for 500 students
>Parents want all their kids to be in the institution
>Schools would pick the very best
>Schools are secured with public funding
>Parents who are active in their community will get their kids into the best schools regardless of qualification because the board is elected

Like I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying that we already have a similar system for certain schools, but people find ways around it and bring the entire system down with their shitty offspring.
>>
i watched this Japanese documentary where they took the children out innawoods and taught them away from everything. they didnt coddle the kids and didnt even have real classrooms.
all the kids were self-reliant and it seemed to work. let me find it.
was pretty based desu
>>
>>72523665
You can't fix them. Niggers where never meant to get schooling. Its like asking why trying to cage chimps in a learning center all day isn't working. They don't want to learn, they want to hang out with their pack, selling dope, buying jordans and shooting other chimps.
>>
File: a324asf.jpg (8 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
a324asf.jpg
8 KB, 300x226
>>72527154
this?
it is pretty based.
kindergarten kids
eat/learn/play outside
most parents are involved heavily
kid falls down, no one helps or babies them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNl5p1M96xE
>>
File: racegap.gif (29 KB, 276x315) Image search: [Google]
racegap.gif
29 KB, 276x315
>>
>>72524502
In Germany we habe three seperate schools depending on your grades in primary school. The problem is that nowadays even the stupid ones go to the "good school" because that's the only way they can study at university and we "need" more university graduates.
>>
>>72523983
If the teacher knows what she's doing 1 v 30 isn't hard. 1 v 30 is normal. Privatization is the answer. Its not my fault niggers don't want to go to school, its entirely their own fault.
>you can't discipline them
Thats literally what a private school can do.
>you can't hurt their feeling or they're going to leave
>we have to make sure we cater to their every desire while making sure we teach them things they don't want to know
You seem to be under the impression that niggers are human.
>>
>>72524502
A group: children who consistently make grades higher than 85 in average

B group: children who have an average of below 85 and higher than 75

C group: all children who have an average of below 75

Not our fault Shaniqwa and Tyrone make shit grades. Put them in Group C.
>>
I know a Romanian woman, and she told me kids get tested before they enter high school and are placed in schools based on the scores. So parent would scramble and high tutors so they can make sure their kids get into the best schools. But that was back in the 80s, so things could have changed.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.