[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gardening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 48
File: gardening.jpg (227 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gardening.jpg
227 KB, 800x600
Do you grow food for yourself or do you fall for the supermarket jew?
>>
>>72519794
>implying I can afford a house, let alone a house with enough land to supply my consumption needs
>>
One can't simply grow ALL of the food necessary, but if one manages to have a very big backyard and live in the countryside it is one of the best things to do.

Some chicken maybe. Plant lots of veggies. Not too much time spent in electronic frivolities. Teach your children to read books and find pleasure in doing so. It's the best way to raise a big family.
>>
>>72519938
Allotments mate. Pretty popular in the North and South West of England.
>>
I know how to and also have a general idea on how to hunt and fish thanks to living in based Pennslyvania.

I just need to learn how to butcher the food and I'd actually be able to be surprisingly independent.

I wish I could practice all this more though but it's why I hope to own a farm house for my first house.
>>
File: 1453793511781.jpg (585 KB, 1200x920) Image search: [Google]
1453793511781.jpg
585 KB, 1200x920
>>72519938
>>72520145
>Implying if you can't 100% support yourself you should not even start
This guy is doing better work then you do
>>
File: moo.jpg (595 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
moo.jpg
595 KB, 3264x2448
>having to buy your own food

top kek
>>
>>72520486
Well, I am growing some sunflowers and so. Some lettuces too.

I said most people can't 100% support themselves as a reply to the "getting rid of the supermarket jew" part.

Home grown vegs are superior, I know.
>>
File: 1453685392671.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1453685392671.png
214 KB, 400x399
>>72519794
I grow all my weed, does that count?
>>
if solar power ever becomes really cheap i'll start a hydroponic set up, I don't think it's really worth the effort right now vs. just going to the damn store
>>
haven't been able to plant yet since the temp has been too close to freezing. but I do have seeds purchased and I'll be planting soon

got carrots, cabbage, squash, tomatoes, green beans, sweet corn, radishes, peas, potatoes, and cayenne peppers

gardening really isn't much work and it's so damn rewarding
>>
File: 1459111475064.jpg (43 KB, 640x565) Image search: [Google]
1459111475064.jpg
43 KB, 640x565
>>72520486
Ah, look at good Jamal. Nourishing his crops with the immaculate water sources available to him. How nice the greens will grow. Don't mind the trash, it's just for decoration.
>>
>>72519794
I have some raised beds I use with an intensive planting method. Hoping get a few acres in a few years and be able plant some fruit and nut trees and have more ebile and fruit bearing perennials (kind of a permaculture approach).

The conaolidation of the food supply is a huge risk both from a personal and national security perspective. It would not take much to disrupt a good portion of the food supply in this country whether it was deliberate action or natural disaster.
>>
This seems like the place to ask without visiting /diy/, I'm interested in starting a sizable garden, about 20x10 feet but I only have a hoe, shovel, etc, is this a viable replacement for a tiller?
Also when should I fertilize the soil?
>>
I'll be planting later today, assuming the rain holds off.
>>
>>72521450
Has the ground been broken yet? Pretty hard work to break the ground for the first time without a tiller or tractor. If you have the ground broke/ tilled its ok to just use a hoe, just more work. Tilling also aerates the soil, which stuff like corn really likes. Fert when you see your plants get a few inches, then a few weeks after that.
>>
>>72521739
Don't have a tiller and the soil hasn't been broken, will it still be possible to use a shovel/hoe?
Also what about fertilizing using leaves and/or grass?
>>
>>72521450
Tilling will make initial soil working much easier. Once that is done, if you amend the soil with compost every year and use mulch and/or cover crops you can actually avoid having to till in the future.

If you don't mind doing a lot hand work, you can double dig the area instead of tilling.
>>
File: 100_7093.jpg (493 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
100_7093.jpg
493 KB, 1600x1200
>>72521450
>>>/out/743345

also look into no-till gardening. it's a bit of work up front, but it does make things easier down the line

alternatively you could start out a bit smaller and just do a few raised beds this year
>>
I buy them fresh from actual peasants. This way I support the people who actually need money and eat something healthy. Same for eggs, cheese, etc.
>>
>>72521939
Leaves and grass needs to be broken down into compost before it can really be effective. Synthetic fertilizers are the way to go for ease of use and effectiveness. You could cover the area with plastic and let the vegetation die before you start hoeing, might make things easier. One tip for keeping garden beds weed free during winter/ spring is to roll a bale of hay over the site. You can take it up in the spring, and it will keep the area clean.
If you don't have a tiller, you are in for a bit of hard work. Ask neighbors, or friends if you could get somebody with a tractor to come over and cut the ground for you.
>>
>>72521450
yes those were used as tillers before tillers.
start your crops indoors if at all possible this will yield better results. look into compost tea as a replacement for fertilizer, used it the past couple years will great results. when the grwing season is over bury/mix leaves and/or plant trimmings or waste(stems n shiet) into the soil. get heirloom seeds if you can. its a little late in the season to start cool weather crops such as cabbage and spinach, at least in my region.
>>
>>72520145

>One can't simply grow ALL of the food necessary

Why not?
>>
>>72520835
Shits exspensive where it's illegal, so it should.
>>
>>72522826
Because you need a lot of space and work plus nutrients and shit
>>
>>72520145
You may not be able to provide for your entire diet, but you can easily grow more of many things than you can eat, and you can sell or trade those for other food items. A single summer squash plant can give you a full size squash/zucchini/cucumber every day, for instance.

Once you start to develop the skills, you'll be blown away by just how much you can grow in a small space. You can grow 40lbs of potatoes in a 50 gallon barrel ffs.
>>
>>72522826
Do you not have a job? Thats a horribly time consuming task.

>>72522852
No way am I going to support the cartels or niggers. It's the only moral choice.
>>
>>72520486
Is that actually enough to feed an adult every single day? I mean, shit needs time to grow and so on.

I do plan on growing at least some food for myself once I am finally done with my studies and can move back to the more rural areas though.
>>
>>72522935
Once upon a year I dropped a couple of tomato plant seedlings in some extra buckets I had.

Lo and behold: more tomatoes than I could eat. It can be pretty cray.
>>
File: img26.jpg (40 KB, 366x464) Image search: [Google]
img26.jpg
40 KB, 366x464
>>72522304
Buying from small local producers is indeed a good way to better your community and to rival the big producers ways
>>
>>72522555
Alright, I'll see if I can enlist some help.
Last question, what would be a good way to break down leaves/grass?
I don't really know anything about turning vegetation into compost, but I'd love to learn. It'd be cheaper, albeit more time-consuming.
And is compost better than fertilizer in general/depending on the degree of decomposition?
>>
Tomatoes and herbs.

I'd grow potatoes if and only if a nuke blows, so long as it doesn't blow here. Otherwise potatoes are cheap, as is pasta, as is anything in the canned isle.
>>
>>72522993
That's what every citizen should do. Unfortunately they buy literally shit tier food from supermarkets.
>>
>>72523129
That's because most people think short term.
>>
>>72522935
Things that are worth trading: berries, of all kinds, nuts, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Anything I'm forgetting?

>>72522995
It's all the same shit mate. Nitrogen is nitrogen. It takes time, more than you have at this point in the year to compost. Worm dirt and fish fertilizer/guano are your best bet right now, if you just have to have organic. You can till the worm dirt in, along with the guano. Organic can be expensive if you are buying all the shit for the first time. A big bag of synthetic fert is cheep as fuck, less mess, and smell. It would be one less thing for you to worry about as a beginner.
>>
File: 1461022882579.jpg (245 KB, 900x972) Image search: [Google]
1461022882579.jpg
245 KB, 900x972
>>72519794
In summers, people, including me, with personal houses and land, are growing various veggies, fruits and berries. Don't know about the plebs who are living in flats though.
>>
>>72519794
I live in a city, so I don't have any land to grow vegetables.

I do grow all my herbs in pots on my balcony, and I'm trying at growing some chili peppers this year.
>>
File: 1384463101842.gif (1 MB, 287x206) Image search: [Google]
1384463101842.gif
1 MB, 287x206
>>72519794
>parents turned garden into miniature farm
>commandeered uncles garden and turned it into a potato and onion farm
>also have allotment
>thinking about getting chickens
>>
File: IMG-20151205-WA0006.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1232) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151205-WA0006.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1232
>>72519794
Pretty comfy senpai
>>
Ya my family and I have the necessary land for it
>>
I have some decent sized berry patches, but the goddamn squirrels, rabbits, and birds get everything before it's even ripe. I have no idea how to stop them. Nothing I've tried works.

Growing your own food is impossible.
>>
>>72523259
Will do. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: IMG-2016-WA0014.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1232) Image search: [Google]
IMG-2016-WA0014.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1232
>>72523432
>>
>>72523346
It's pretty sad when fresh food is only available to the wealthy and retired.

>>72523376
Tomatoes do wonderfully on balconies.
>>
>>72522987
I have 5 indeterminate tomato plants, and I get more 1-2lb tomatoes than I can give away, much less eat. The difference between those and grocery store tomatoes is so vast that I have trouble believing they're the same species. When I first bite into a fresh, vine-ripened tomato, it's like my body is electrified -- and I always hated tomatoes before I started growing them myself. Those tomatoes in a homemade red sauce, good god.
>>
>>72523513
nice rock pile. Pepper plants?
>>
>>72522981
God no. Typically, you'd need a good acre to feed one person with any substantial variety. Maybe less if you raise pigs or do vertical planting.
>>
>>72519794
I garden. I'll be planting my corn, beans and squash tomorrow. Watermelons and melons soon after. Then I'll go through seeds and see what else I feel like growing this year.

BTW, I do save my own seed. I make sure to have big enough populations to avoid inbreeding depression and right now, I'm selecting first for that which thrives in my soil, climate, etc... Every year, my garden does better and better.

I also like to keep enough seed on hand that if it came down to it, my entire neighborhood could feed themselves.
>>
>>72523563
Dude I just like to be near the tomato plants so I can huff the smells they give off. It's unreal.

The tomato has to be one of the biggest signals of how stupid modern food is. It's shit-for-brains easy to do, and yet people shell out for basically wet styrofoam at the supermarket instead.
>>
>>72523628
Surprised you haven't started the melons yet. I always start mine inside when it's still cool. They are big as fuck now, and I will have melons early in the summer before anyone else. I got tired of them taking so long.
>>
>>72523469
Have you tried chicken wire, and growing in raised beds?
>>
I want to but I have no land and a tiny backyard that's in the shade 20 hours a day.
>>
>>72523628
How many generations of seed selection?

I've got ~25 acres to grow on or have livestock on.
It's hard to know where to start and with what.
>>
I grow artichokes for my pigs to dig up and eat, used to grow loads of veg in the past but time is short, have a 50ft polytunnel I grow tomatoes, salads, cucumbers, chillis in, grow veg in it over winter.

As I get older and have more time, will get bak to growing more.
>>
>>72519794
Why don't most Western Europeans have vegetable gardens? Like even in suburban / rural areas, you don't see vegetable gardens, just a carefully maintained lawn and maybe some flowers.
In Hungarian villages everyone grows food at home regardless of profession. My parents barely ever buy vegetables (even when they do, it's mostly from local farmers), and they have fresh fruit every day from May to October.
>>
>>72523889
Start small. I started with nothing but a concrete stoop facing South (i.e. nothing but shade), some buckets, and extra dirt I found for free under a bridge. And then you get the hang of it.

Plants want to grow. That's what they're designed to do. Give them what they want.
>>
So, how shit is small scale farming? Like roof top farming. I live in a big city, but I'd like to have fresh shit to cook with. Like I don't know, chilis, garlic, fresh herbs/whatever.
>>
>>72524186
squash and tomatoes work great in small planters. Beans are a bit too much work, imho. Nothing better than breaded squash pan fried in the summer.
>>
>>72523469
snares and traps
>>
>>72523259
Wild-type berries are a a bit of a double edged sword, since they usually only keep for a couple days, but are also very highly valued by restaurants. If you're growing things to sell or trade, it's best to stick with expensive items that are in high demand. The best way to find out what to be growing in your area, is to go to the farmers market in the early morning, take note of what's available, and watch what disappears the quickest. Barring that, herbs and anything else that can easily be dried is usually a safe bet for holding its long-term value. Just look at how much onion powder goes for, for instance.
>>
>>72524186
Before I got hold of a yard, the flat roof house across the street had mad bucket gardens growing. All lined up an several feet tall. I didn't even notice it until I had to fix my own roof, which, unfortunately, would not have endured that kind of use.

As far as herbs go, you can do that like regular house plants for many of them. It's easy to grow way more than you'd really use.
>>
>>72523432
>>72523513
Nice work Chile bro.
>>
>>72524186
check out window gardening. some folks are doing pretty well in urban areas that way. nothing large scale but it helps. best choice would be moving out of the city. no job is worth living like that. i sold my place in a large city and bought a farm in the midwest about two years ago and wish i had done so long ago.
>>
File: grass.jpg (83 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
grass.jpg
83 KB, 550x367
>>72524126
>just a carefully maintained lawn
Good question. I just can't find out why people think that this grass desert somehow looks nice
>>
>>72524370
a quart of blueberries/ blackberries goes for like $8 a quart around here. I have a dozen or so blueberry plants that could make me some $$$ if I really needed it.
>>
>>72520976
no beets? WTF northbro
>>
>>72521939
You can use a garden fork. I have a tractor with a tiller, but I generally don't till.
>>
>>72523714
Same here. Especially at night and in the early morning, they smell so fucking good and completely permeate the area. It's like human catnip almost. I once caught my neighbor sniffing the leaves at around 2am, couldn't blame him either.
>>
>>72519794
woud love to be that independent, but im in Chicago.
Our winters will freeze your balls off.
>>
>>72522878
>>72522947

These are reasons why you don't, not reasons why you can't.
>>
>>72523075
Homegrown potatoes in good soil are better than store bought ones though.
>>
>>72524810
you can still grow food bro. or do you mean chicago as in lack of space and niggers that will steal your crops?
>>
Started with some flowers and a pond, it's feels pretty good planting shit and seeing it grow over time.

I want to get a beehive later though, bees are dank as fuck.
>>
>>72525049

Western countries are in desperate need of good bees. Not only has Africa filled our countries with niggers, but we've been invaded by the nigger of all bees, straight from the dark continent.
>>
>>72523783
I like to direct sow things. It would have been earlier, but we had nearly double the average rainfall last year and I've been getting rid of Bermuda grass that was trying to take over. I seriously hate that shit.

>>72523957
This will be my 4th year for seed selection. It's funny, some of the things you learn when you start that. Did you know that for squash, being a bush type plant is a recessive trait? I found that out the "natural" way.

I've only got an acre, but I enjoy it.
>>
>>72524888
No taste difference. That's the issue with growing potatoes, they're cheap and will always taste like a potato. Definitely grow them during crisis, do not grow them when food is cheap.

BTW I'd go hydroponic for juicy tomatoes. Also, I like my basil grown perfect, like, crisp broad leaf perfect. At the moment my parents basil has like a minty after taste, it's not good.
>>
>>72524325
Pickled squash is pretty good too.
>>
>>72524758
You two are crazy. I can't stand the smell of fresh tomatoes or the plants. Then again, that might have something to do with the fact that I'm allergic to fresh tomatoes. Funny thing is, whatever it is that is in them that doesn't mix well with me goes away when they're cooked. Cook them, and they don't smell bad to me and they don't make me sick.
>>
>>72525256
I notice a difference, but that might also be due to standard American agricultural practices. Go to the big farms here, and without NPK fertilizer, the soil would be dead.
>>
>>72525490
Plenty of other fish in the sea as far as growing plants goes. I'm like the other guy in that I flatly hated them growing up, only to find out that they taste and smell like heaven when done right. I also used to like candy, so maybe it's partially an age thing.

There's a whole world of flavor out there. Some fagwad fuckshit excuse for an animal ruined my onions last year, but I have his name and his days are numbered. This year, I will taste my own onions.
>>
>>72525130
Yea but we don't have big gardens here, so I need land first
>>
File: fuggen snow.jpg (169 KB, 900x389) Image search: [Google]
fuggen snow.jpg
169 KB, 900x389
>>72519794
>like gardening
>this happens a couple days ago all over the country
;_;
>>
>>72524570
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. At the very least they should plant a few fruit bearing trees there.

Nobody would say that a tree isn't beautiful, tending to them is not physically exhausting, and having your own fruit is awesoome.
>>
File: 16+-+2.jpg (28 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
16+-+2.jpg
28 KB, 320x180
>>72519794
I grow a supplement of food
>>
>>72525924

Encourage neighbors to plant flowers. Every flowering plant is a source of food for bees and will contribute to honey production.
>>
>>72525881
That's the thing though. I will grow tomatoes for other people (I can get past the smell,) and I actually like tomato sauces. If I eat a nice ripe fresh tomato though, I'll be puking my guts out.

As for critters taking things out, people who don't have to deal with that don't understand. This time of year, if I see a bunny in the yard, it's going to get a pellet. Same with raccoons. Squirrels are always on the shitlist, but they cause other problems.

>>72526143
I have fruit trees, but it is hit or miss with me. 40f-45f (22C-25C) daily temperature swings are not uncommon here. It is common to get a warm snap, only to have a freeze kill the blossoms. This has been a warm April, and I've had temps from 26f-86f. The fruit trees started blossoming last month. I'll get some peaches, pears, and a few apples, but it looks like my plums are a no-go. It's definitely not a bumper crop year.
>>
>>72526807
I will always remember how my mom used to keep a jar out in the sun full of the slugs she found to be destroying her flowers. I don't know if she had bleach in there or what, but it was cruel and unusual to a degree that would make a man cower.

When you're trying to do something for yourself, that's when you learn how to take no prisoners.
>>
>>72527292
Beer can work for slugs. I don't really have a problem with them, but my grandmother used to put a bowl full of beer out, and they'd slime their way into it and drown.
>>
>>72527465
Really? I'll suggest that. Thanks.
>>
File: 14620308681051565800891.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
14620308681051565800891.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My garden..
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 257x196
>>72519794
I can 100% vouch for backyard chickens.

Laying hens lay an egg per day and are wonderful company and they aren't expensive to maintain
>>
>>72527698
dude water that shit like a few weeks ago
>>
>>72519794
do you generate your own electricity to power your pc/laptop, or do you fall for the energy company jew?
>>
File: cl--814453116.jpg (153 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
cl--814453116.jpg
153 KB, 450x450
>>72521450
>not fertilizing your crops with your urine.

Seriously, use your urine and some wood ash. Look up proper ratios. It's not like half of you don't have a piss jar sitting next to you right now...

>in b4 falling for the fertilizer jew.
>>
>>72526604
yea I got plenty of flowers, but I'll bet they'll complain about the bees in their garden and shit, those gaylords paved their whole garden with stone, the heretics.
>>
>>72528381
I left out a whole big area full of nasty weeds just because a flock of bees came to visit it one day before I was going to tear the whole thing apart.

I got stung zero times. Anybody who complains about bees is an asshole.
>>
>CITY AND SUBURBAN FAGGOTS WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE SELF-SUFFICIENT

LOL
>>
>>72527898
they can't put poison on my eletricity
>>
>>72519794

>supermarket jew

Nah son, I'm a member of a co-op. We buy our veggies from local farmers. New produce every Tuesday and Saturday.
>>
>>72524126

It's almost literally the fucking lawn Jew, and I'm not even joking. People would rather have the Sisyphean task of mowing their yards for absolutely no reward beyond it "looking nice" (FACT: maintained yards look like shit and have zero benefit) and for some reason will not or cannot (due to ridiculous HOA LOL SUBURBAN FAGGOTS) do anything to help themselves or make it useful.

They'd rather just consume pesticides and complain about how the cost of things they can EASILY grow is rising whilst still buying them.
>>
File: 1461521046594.gif (136 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1461521046594.gif
136 KB, 375x375
Right now, only herbs and tomatoes because I live in a condo.

I'm currently building a house, and it'll have both a garden and a greenhouse. Though it'll probably be another year until I can move in.
>>
>>72519794

>division of labor is bad

stop this meme
>>
File: 208782168_5b782f4331.jpg (109 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
208782168_5b782f4331.jpg
109 KB, 375x500
>>72523129
>>72523240
>>72522993

buying local may work if you have an actual small-town farmers market

but in USA, lots of yuppie grocery stores advertise this to cash in on the green trend. But in reality, because those local farms don't reach economies of scale, far more carbon waste is made in growing local crops, compared to shipping crops grown from the other side of the country

http://freakonomics.com/2011/11/14/the-inefficiency-of-local-food/
>>
>>72528848

>maintained yards look like shit and have zero benefit

Oh look, it's one of those native plant faggots. Actually, well maintained lawns do have benefits:

-Excellent erosion control
-Filter for harmful chemicals entering the soil
-Absorb pollutants (grasses fucking love carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide)
-Excellent at absorbing latent heat
-Incredible at handling water run off from roads/streets

So, yeah, grasses have a lot of benefits. Sorry you don't like it that some people choose to maintain them. Now go fuck yourself.
>>
>>72529294

I should also add that if you maintain your lawn properly, you'll get deeper roots which adds to all of the above. If you just let it sit and do nothing, you'll get shallow roots and the grass will die at the slightest hint of a drought.
>>
>>72529377
>>72529377

>giving into the lawn kike

No thanks, I'm not a suburban retard.
>>
>>72529377
I once lived next to a grass farm. They were having problems even while I was making serious bank mowing other peoples' lawns as an infidel underage native.
>>
>>72529294
Every single one of this benefits is done by plants in general

Also did you call carbon dioxide a pollutant? Shows what you know.
>>
>>72527733
What can you feed them?
Corn would be difficult without a huge farm, what about wheat? What about fruit?
>>
>>72529490

Aw, are you too much of a fuckboi to get outside and do some yard work?

>according to a Mississippi State University study, a healthy lawn has the same cooling effect as an 8.5 ton air conditioning compressor. About ½ the heat energy directed to a grassy area is eliminated by evapotranspiration.

>>72529496

>pollutant. (pÉ™-l t'nt) A substance or condition that contaminates air, water, or soil. Pollutants can be artificial substances, such as pesticides and PCBs, or naturally occurring substances, such as oil or carbon dioxide, that occur in harmful concentrations in a given environment.
>>
>>72529377
>>72529490
Oh, and that's how I learned the glory and the honor of what a carburetor and a flat-top head sounds like, while cleaning air filters and learning how to sharpen up a knife edge.
>>
>>72529614
>cooling effect
Why not just spray stuff in the atmosphere?

Which university do you think I work for?
>>
File: free-range-layer-pellets-375-p.jpg (133 KB, 1444x2489) Image search: [Google]
free-range-layer-pellets-375-p.jpg
133 KB, 1444x2489
>>72529548
Their main source of food is layer pellets, but they're freerange so they eat bugs, grass, table scraps, really anything.

you can give them fruit, veggies, bread, old oatmeal. They're easy to please.
>>
File: images (40).jpg (31 KB, 424x347) Image search: [Google]
images (40).jpg
31 KB, 424x347
>2000+16
>Not owning a money tree
>>
>>72529614
>cooling effect
What are tree shades?
Again every plant can do what grass can with the addition of you be able to eat it
>>
File: IMG_20160325_120634980.jpg (2 MB, 1503x2672) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_120634980.jpg
2 MB, 1503x2672
>>72519794
I grow soul food. Does that count?
>>
>>72529789
And then people tell you, "chickens don't eat that"

Or they try to sell you on, "this chicken has been fed a careful vegan diet while it was let loose." The stupidity defies the mind.
>>
>>72521450
It can be done without a tiller, but most tool rental places will rent you one for about 50 bucks a day. It'll save your back and do a.more thorough job. Hell, maybe a neighbor has one you can borrow. Mine is lent out more than its at my house.
>>
>>72528296
I piss on my compost piles, but it seems like too much hassle to dilute your urine to fertilize your crops desu
>>
File: pine-forest-wallpaper-6.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1199) Image search: [Google]
pine-forest-wallpaper-6.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1199
>>72529933

>What are tree shades?
>Again every plant can do what grass can with the addition of you be able to eat it

Never seen a pine forest floor, have you? Nothing grows but the pine trees, which suck at everything. Welcome to Appalachia! Now fuck off, Hans, I'm going to go shoot my gun and yell "Hitler". Something you can't do.
>>
File: 1435802389696.png (235 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1435802389696.png
235 KB, 600x503
>>72529991
Yep, some people are the same with dogs here, they don't realize dogs are evolved enough to run around outside on a hot day or eat a piece of meat.

I've had too many run ins with old ladies who think they know whats best for my animals...
>>
>>72530396
Well apparently you can only think of a lawn as grass desert or pine forest. I wonder if it was wise to gave you a licence to handle a gun.
But hey not my problem
>>
>>72530396
>>72529933

to be fair to Hans this is what germany's black forest looks like
>>
>>72529294
>>72529377
>>72529614
>>72530396
Hi LIDF
>>
>>72523432
>>72523513
noice, pretty jelly
>>
>>72519794
Just started gardening myself to try and overcome depression. Fucking gives you a good workout too if you really get stuck into it. Got Kale, Bok Choy growing for my rabbits. Potatoes, Cucumber, peppers, carrots and Eggplant for me and the GF. Also growing some fruit tree's now.

Also not a bad way to make a little money. I have a few tree's that bloom really nicely and found that people will pay up to 50 dollars for a decent 30 cm rooted cutting. Feels good growing your own shit and I am doing it with limited space.
>>
>>72524570
With you there I hate lawns with a fucking passion. I don't mind a backyard lawnspace for the kids or a nice BBQ. But just loads of flat boring fucking grass for no reason is some Euro shit that just spread everywhere. I much prefer my garden full of mostly native wildflowers and a few nice bushes and trees. Actually easier and less work maintaining that than a sheet of green boring grass.
>>
File: hahahans.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
hahahans.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
>>72530656

Just give up, Heinrich. I have 2500 square feet of grass on 1.5 acre lot.
>>
>>72531111
Same here. When I was a kid, it was a big lawn and my parents loved to put rose bushes around the corner. I learned to hate lawns and rose bushes because there was no way to avoid getting snagged while mowing the lawn.
>>
>>72531179
Dude nice landscaping. What state do you live in?
>>
>>72524570
There's nothing better than a perfectly manicured lawn...I think it's an Italian thing but my parents house has a front yard like a golf green, they do grow vegetables in the backyard tho
>>
>>72531394

Woodstock, Georgia.
>>
>>72531111
Lawns are stupid unless you host croquet tournaments.

With the same amount of water required to keep grass green, you can grow food.
>>
>>72522826
Half of the year in half of the US it's still too cold to grow
>>
>>72531179

Suburban pussy, I called it.

>>72531402

It's actually a faggot thing, not an Italian thing. Lawns are useless compared to the benefits of having even a small garden.
>>
File: 1461755098235.jpg (187 KB, 598x465) Image search: [Google]
1461755098235.jpg
187 KB, 598x465
>>72530072
I pour urine over my compost or into my tea aerator bucket. I sprinkle the ash over my potting soil in my wheelbarrow. My compost is kept in a green waste bin. I work 12 days a week, otherwise I'd build a compost tumbler.

Test the runoff pH of the soil. If it's too high back off the ash, or add something acidic to balance it
>>
>>72519794
I have been on a crusade to avoisd as much processed foods as possible for my family. We grow fruits and veggies, and are thinking of keeping a bunch of chickens on hand for fresh eggs.

It has come to my attention recently that mass produced, processed foods like Kraft, Nestle's, and Pepsi are known to use aborted fetuses. THIS IS NOT A JOKE

A company in California know known as Senomyx, is in business of using aborted, embryonic cells to test fake flavoring chemicals known as HEK-293, which is also known as "natural flavoring"

Abortion IS Satanic.
>>
Hell yeah I do OP. Thinking about getting a beehive too so I don't have to buy government honey. Local is the way to go.
>>
protip:

When you get to the middle of a garlic bulb and those little cloves that aren't worth peeling, just bury the bastard.

In a year you'll have a whole bulb.
>>
>>72519794

>growing food in soil

It's the current year ffs
>>
File: IMG_5021.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5021.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>72531682

This is my backyard. Look at all them suburbs! I live in a neighborhood in the woods. The fuck out of here.
>>
>>72531682
Lmao what are you the plant Nazi? Itd be hard to play soccer in the yard with the family if it was covered in a turnip patch lol

I like open spaces of grass so fuck off
>>
>>72528296
>>72530072
Will it effect the plant in any way other than enhanced growth? Does it affect taste?
How many times a month do you water it with piss?
>>
>>72532137
urine is rich in nitrogen which is one of the main components of most fertilizers

you don't want to piss directly on your plants since it'll be way to strong. I don't know exactly the ratio, but you'd have to dilute it with a good bit of water if you want to put it directly on plants. I get around that by just pissing into my compost and then using that nitrogen rich soil to plant
>>
>>72532137
Don't piss on your own plants unless you want to eat your own excrement.
>>
>>72532290
So put grass and dead leaves in a big air-tight garbage bag, piss into it a few times, and leave it to decompose?
>>
>>72531822
I know I'm same fagging but if you want big crops in a little space I would use woodchips and rock dust. Maybe crushed oyster shells for calcium rich foods too. It produces huge crops.
>>
I have a shit load of stuff growing, half of it in a 5'x'5' area and the other in pots

>watermelon, probably not ready until Summer
>tomatoes
>peppers, from jalapeno to bell to habanero to serrano
>squash
>carrots
>cucumber
>cantaloupe

Sucks because half of my seedlings were eaten by birds early on.

Just hope they all have enough space and can flower.

Also have a lime tree with about three dozen limes close or ready to pick, a Meyer lemon tree with a dozen blossoms, and Valencia orange with a few blossoms.

Walmart is great to buy trees from. After two months or so they take 50% off. I'm waiting for a Cara Cara orange tree to be clearanced.
>>
>>72532370
Don't piss on it. Put the dead leaves out in the air in a big pile until it turns to dirt. At that point, mix it in with burned up wood to neutralize the pH.
>>
>>72519794
Well you can't eat only food you grow yourself all year, right? Since they grow ripe then rot.
>>
>>72532290
Don't piss on your compost pile. You have bodily organs that filter your piss in such a way that you don't want it in your body.

Your piss is not something you want your plants to drink up so you can eat it back in.
>>
>>72532484
I tried that once with grass, I think it was too dry or something, after a few months it smelled and looked like it was growing some sort of mold, not sure if it was close, should I put it in some sort of pen? Should I keep it from getting rained on?
>>
>>72532484
>neutralize the pH.

Check your pH first. I don't worry about what piss does to my soil's pH because it is 8.0-8.5. Blueberries do NOT grow here.
>>
>>72532789
That means you created the growing conditions that favored mold or whatever instead of what you wanted to grow. That's why you leave it out somewhere in a big pile where nobody cares what happens and then unavoidable natural processes take care of it.
>>
>>72532961
Piss is basically all the things you don't want in your body, and that your body wanted to get out. If there's a pH problem, then find a different way. There's a big difference between protons and whatever comes out of your penis.
>>
>>72521164
atleast he's taking advantage of his situation and not complaining or giving into degeneracy.
>>
>>72533084
I kinda just left the grass in a big pile in the middle of the yard on a slight hill, a very slight hill, about 4-5 inches higher than the rest of the yard.
>>
>>72533303
Put it in a pile in back in the woods. You can heap it up a few feet tall. It's not going to bother anybody. Come back in a few months when ashes to ashes and dust to dust.
>>
>>72533510
Is it because in the woods it'll still be rained on, but it will retain moisture because of the shade?
>>
File: 1460058123942.jpg (34 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1460058123942.jpg
34 KB, 680x680
>>72533256
>>72532732
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/human-urine-is-an-effective-fertilizer/

http://permaculturenews.org/2011/11/27/urine-closing-the-npk-loop/
>>
>>72532370
>anon accidentally makes a niter-bed

Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>72533623
The moisture and the shade lead to the microbial growth that magically turn garbage into fertile soil. It's the circle of life.

You can put your fingers into it, and somehow it's not broken eggshells and banana peels anymore.
>>
>>72533745
Let me know when NASA recycles urine into drinking water.
>>
>>72519794
Except it's way cheaper to just buy food than grow it yourself.
>>
>>72534223
It depends on where you live. In my state it's cheaper in the long run. Ask you need to do is buy the seeds once and you're good for life as long as you know what you are doing.
>>
>>72533256
>>72532732
>Doesn't understand that what plants need and what we need are often different
>Doesn't understand that plants often chemically alter whatever nutrients they take up, turning them into something else
>Has never pissed on a lawn and noticed that a week or two later, that part of the lawn grows more vigorously than the rest
>>
>>72523513
God bless texas
>>
>>72531402
>There's nothing better than a perfectly manicured lawn...I think it's an Italian thing but my parents house has a front yard like a golf green, they do grow vegetables in the backyard tho

My relatives live in italy, they have an over grown jungle for a back yard.

The 'lawn' is literally nature for people who are retarded autists. A place for dog shit. An excuse to get 'exercise' for people who don't know what fitness is.
>>
>>72534509
Not even animals consume their own waste products.
>>
>>72534655
I should have read your NASA comment.
>>
>>72533084
You faggots don't know how to compost, no one does

What you need is a worm bin

Compost requires at least a cubic yard of material, out must be aerated (turned) weekly.
Otherwise it doesn't reach critical temperature.

The process takes years to get to soil. Poor the wrong things in it like too much fats or acids and it gets poisoned.

Worms bins are easier, faster, take far less work and the resulting material is better.
>>
>>72534655
Pigs

Isn't that why Jews don't eat pork
>>
>>72535204
>worm bin
That's so comfy I can feel the heat.

How do we breed worms? Could that be as useful as bees?
>>
>>72534655
>Not even animals consume their own waste products.
Rabbits reingest their own droppings (rather than chewing the cud as do cows and many other herbivores) to digest their food and extract sufficient nutrients. Chewed plant material collects in a chamber between the large and small intestine containing large quantities of symbiotic bacteria that help with the digestion of cellulose and also produce certain B vitamins. After being excreted, they are eaten whole by the rabbit and redigested in a special part of the stomach. The pellets remain intact for up to six hours in the stomach; the bacteria within continue to digest the plant carbohydrates. This double-digestion process enables rabbits to use nutrients that they may have missed during the first passage through the gut, as well as the nutrients formed by the microbial activity and thus ensures that maximum nutrition is derived from the food they eat.[6] This process serves the same purpose within the rabbit as rumination does in cattle and sheep.[7]
>>
>>72535508
so glad I'm not a rabbit
>>
File: 1459114734728.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
1459114734728.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>72533854
>humans breath air for oxygen and exhale CO2
>plants inhale air for CO2 and exhale oxygen
>not understanding that plants' needs are different than mammals.

Are you baiting or just retarded? Flags aren't loading right now. Do you suffer from common core education?
>>
>>72535834
I'm not sure what that has to do with nitrogen cycles, but I guess NASA will tell me when the time is right.
>>
File: 1460880696034.jpg (15 KB, 380x251) Image search: [Google]
1460880696034.jpg
15 KB, 380x251
One last bumb by my side and I'm off to go.
>>
>>72537610
Your pic is so ironic.
>>
>>72538791
I know. I just tried to bait some people so this thread might be up a bit longer and get the original message spread further.
>>
File: planter.jpg (344 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
planter.jpg
344 KB, 1600x1200
I do wish land was a bit more affordable, so I'm looking for plants that work well indoors, as far as I know there aren't many vegetables and other edible plants that work well indoors unless you live in a greenhouse. (which would be kinda neat desu)

Pic is a planter I made to add a bit of green and freshen up my room a bit.
>>
File: 07427527.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
07427527.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>>72539065
>tfw I want to live in the Netherlands, but with the landscape of Scandinavia or something
>tfw we'll just be small-house peasants forever here in our cramped up neighbourhoods with tokkies, niggers and mudslimes
>>
I have my own olive orchard, some fig trees and grapevines. Don't really bother with ordinary crops, since they're so cheap and aren't worth the effort.
>>
>>72539065
Don't grow ornamental. Get some herbs. Rosemary, basil, thyme, and hyssop are pretty good.
>>
>>72527698
Why not just kill yourself
>>
File: 40509_153229734691639_8075667_n.jpg (148 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
40509_153229734691639_8075667_n.jpg
148 KB, 540x720
>>72519794
>Do you grow food for yourself
I'm trying
>>
>>72531179
I also have 1.5 acres but I can't be bothered to go outside so my mom cuts my lawn while me and my wife play ark inside in the air condition.
>>
>>72520835
Me too. David Cohen (jewish guy who controls a big chunk of the weed market around here) won't get my monies!
>>
File: 1461781595978.jpg (59 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1461781595978.jpg
59 KB, 482x427
>>72521164
At least he tries.
>>
File: entertainment.jpg (410 KB, 1053x705) Image search: [Google]
entertainment.jpg
410 KB, 1053x705
>work hard preparing a nice garden
>flooding all spring and drought all summer
>hardly produces anything
>>
File: hippy scout.jpg (65 KB, 606x895) Image search: [Google]
hippy scout.jpg
65 KB, 606x895
>>72519794
I grow and hunt to supplement my food bell. You need a lot more land to fully support yourself.
>>
>>72539546
I can try that, the plants in there now are just cheap bedroom plants bought for a few bucks.

>>72539403
This would definitely a better place without the niggers and muslims.
Also, there are some little towns that are comfy but generally there isn't enough nature around.
A hill or two would be nice too actually.
>>
File: Qat_man.jpg (4 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
Qat_man.jpg
4 MB, 3504x2336
>>72520486

i have a feeling those plants are drugs. maybe qat.
>>
How do you manage to have food all year round when harvesting season is pretty short and they don't really last long in the refrigerator or even freezer(6-8 months in the freezer, and then it loses a lot of its nutrients.)
>>
>>72528839
This.
>>
>>72543684
Canning.
>>
>>72543873
With metal cans? How do you seal them?
>>
File: allislostagain.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
allislostagain.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>tfw want to start gardening but only have a small ass windowsill

Fuck this country. Anything edible I can grow on 6ft by 8 inches?
>>
File: mason-canning-jars.jpg (1015 KB, 1000x818) Image search: [Google]
mason-canning-jars.jpg
1015 KB, 1000x818
>>72544793
Jars
>>
>>72545089
And that will preserve it better and for longer than in a freezer?
>>
>>72543684
>>72544793
>>72545294
jesus fucking christ britbong
>>
>>72545294
Dude my grandma use to fix fucking mixed pickles everyday with what my grandfather farmed 10 years prior.
>>
>>72519794

I grow mint for tea and that's about it.
>peasant feels
>>
>>72545562
What's wrong?

>>72545603
I'm sure they changed somewhat, no?
>>
>>72543601
He should be able to buy a good amount of food with that drug money then.

>>72522981
Plants grow back.
>>
>>72544831
https://www.nudge.nl/projects/verbouw-je-eigen-groente/
There are ways, look around a bit and be creative.
>>
>>72545682
I'm just kinda blown away that you know nothing about food preservation. Maybe I'm the weirdo for knowing this stuff though. ignore me.
>>
>>72545880
I got to learn some time, lad.
>>
>>72519794
Unfortunately the jews have ruined the soil in my town with lead and other heavy metals. So I have to buy groceries instead. Shit sucks.
>>
>>72519794
Yep.

Currently growing Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Strawberries, Green Beans, Zucchini, Crookneck squash.

Haven't had much luck with lettuce before.

Any suggestions on what to add?
>>
>>72545776
Thanks. Surprisingly decent variety that can be grown indoors if I'm to believe that page. Some of my relatives own a gardening center, might have to go visit em soon and ask around.
>>
>>72519794
im waiting for muh crops to grow and muh chicken to lay egg actually
meanwhile aye starve to death ;_;
>>
>>72545294
Done properly they can last for a few years like that.
There are a couple different ways to do it, but basically you boil the jars in water and it kills the bacteria and seals the jars.

Not sure what the fuck they do in Bongistan, canning is pretty basic shit.
>>
>>72522826

well it's complicated to be completely independent, I have goats, chicken fruits and vegetable, and even i still go to the feed store sens $25 a month is a whole lot easier than growing my and processing my own chiken feed.
>>
>>72546156
We just buy what we need so no need for canning.
>>
>>72519938
My apartment costs me almost 1000 dollars and I have loads of room to farm. Get a better country, chap
>>
>>72545294

yeah about the same. If you do it wrong though and eat some you can go blind from botulism.
>>
>>72546417
That sounds worse than what chemicals they add to the food you buy in the store desu. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 118.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
>>72546062
Just pay them a visit.
Garden stores and greenhouses are surprisingly comfy places.
>>
>>72543562
Herbs are pretty low maintenance. Plus they smell nice and you can use them in your cooking.
>>
>>72546062
>Surprisingly decent variety that can be grown indoors

It largely depends on the light available. Everything grows better outdoors, of course, maybe you could hang some pots out of your windowsill. I have considered doing that before I found some space on the roof.
>>
>>72545294
Yes. Welcome to the wonderful world of canning, of which you are obviously woefully ignorant.
>>
File: hedvi3617.gif (769 KB, 499x350) Image search: [Google]
hedvi3617.gif
769 KB, 499x350
>>72519794
>or do you fall for the supermarket jew?
As if I could buy my herbs in the jewmarket.
>>
>>72546539
Vegetables are not canned with just plain water inside, most of the time they're in a solution of spicy herbs and lots of salt. The high salt concentration acts as a preservative and prevents bacteria from growing. People have been doing this before they knew about sterilizing cans, so that should give you an idea of how hard it is to mess it up.
>>
>>72546539
You just don't do it wrong.

It's essentially the same process used for many foods you get in a jar or tin can at a store, they just just do it on an industrial scale.
>>
>>72546973
Place gets around 6 hours of sunlight (2pm-8pm ish) these days. More in summer. Should be enough right?

I know fuck all about gardening and plants and shit even though my mother worked in that gardening center for 20 years.

>>72546798
Will do. It's gone to shit the last two years though since the original owner died and the current owners are more about making money than actually providing quality service.
>>
File: rip.jpg (78 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
78 KB, 400x395
>>72520145
I can grow fucking many veggies, potatos, etc, pick wild herbs from the woods. C-vitamin from rose berries that can be easily stored, and other berries that I get full buckets. Mushrooms also. Then some eggs from my chickens, and fat and protein also comes from the fish that I fish for myself. I can also continue fishing in the winter. I also grow food for my chickens for the winter. I could hunt rabbits or birds or join a local moose hunting club if I wanted to, or have like 1 cow that produces milk also. I like nature.
>>
>>72521164

He is doing what he can, hopefully he inspires others to live better.
>>
File: Image.jpg (57 KB, 420x271) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
57 KB, 420x271
>>72520657
>spending money to raise meat bags
>not just hunting wild meat bags
>>
>>72547392
Yeah, that sounds good as long as it's direct sunlight. If you're ever in doubt about how to grow something just look at how it grows in nature and try to replicate the conditions.
>>
>>72531566
You gotta can stuff and grow storage crops. I've been doing it my whole life on one scale or another. Being fully sustainable is not a hobby. It's not really something you can do in your spare time if you have a 40 hour job.
>>
File: 1516632280.jpg (130 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
1516632280.jpg
130 KB, 620x412
>>72547830
Attic windowsill, got the sun shining straight into my eyes half the day, might as well do something useful with it. Thanks.
>>
>>72524570
>>72531179
Fun fact about the lawn:
Some indian lords had the responsibility to care for widows of their subjects
>lots of women sitting around with nothing to do
>gave them scissors to cut grass short around palaces and temples all day long
British come around, say
>Oh my, how splendid this is, isn't it
>Indeedy, I would be delighted to have my tea partys in the middle of such tidiness
>adapted it in british royal real estates
>all aristocrats in europe want to have it too
>rich folk wants to have their house look like a small palace
>city folk wants houses to look like rich folk
lawn care is becoming cheaper due to manual movers and shit
>peasants want their houses to look like city folk

we have nothing but garbage to eat and all the time somebody makes noise trimming their stupid useless grass

good job india
>>
>>72545294
>>72546156

You put the jar in water for one day, then put it in the cold oven and set the oven heat for 120 celcius, then let it be there 30minutes when it is 120 celcius and then just close the oven but let the jar stay in. This is how not to break the glass.
>>
>>72545294
no it won't. happy ?
>>
File: kek.jpg (30 KB, 283x402) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
30 KB, 283x402
Isn't home growing illegal in USA?
I remember seeing an article where woman was taken to jail because she had some tomatoes growng
>>
>>72546029
Kale, you need some dark leafy greens in there to even it all out.
>>
File: taj.jpg (1011 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
taj.jpg
1011 KB, 2560x1600
>>72548307
forgot pic
>>
>>72548518
Nope. Lady probably grew tomatoes in someone else's property which is illegal but dickish to actually arrest someone on.
>>
>>72548518
Only in the most totalitarian of liberal cities. Homesteading is pretty popular in the midwest and gardening is popular throughout the U.S.
>>
Anyone have a decent way to get rid of mealy bugs? Tried Neem and castille oil, but ants just put those fuckers back. I'm leaning towards to buying some Beauveria bassiana.
>>
>>72548518
>>72548652
http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegetable-garden-brings-criminal-charges-oak-park-michigan/story?id=14047214
>>
>>72549517
Keyword being front lawn. Some busibodies are zealots when it comes to the appearance of their neighbors front lawn. They're worried it might hurt their property value by a few percentage points.
>>
File: 1456787806521.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456787806521.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>72549517
>Bass said that Rulkowski's claims are "completely not true." She said, "He told me that he found out that we couldn't put fences around the front of the property, but he wasn't able to find anything specific to vegetables…He said the city allows decorative plantings."

It's forbidden because "it looks ugly" and brings down the property value.
>>
>>72549862
>Land of the free
>Your neighbours decide over your lawn apearence
And I tought we would have Gartennazies
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.