[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ BTFO - Racial discrimination in the hiring process
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 20
File: interview.png (213 KB, 372x437) Image search: [Google]
interview.png
213 KB, 372x437
http://www-2.rotman.utoronto.ca/facbios/file/Whitening%20MS%20R2%20Accepted.pdf

>Résumés containing minority racial cues, such as a distinctively African American or Asian name, lead to 30% to 50% fewer callbacks from employers than do otherwise equivalent résumés without such cues

All 40 pages. I found more studies if you guys want to read them.
>>
>>72497040

/pol/ doesn't want to accept the truth because it flies in the face of their white victimhood narrative
>>
>>72497310
I'm surprised I didn't get a

>A FUCKING LEAF
as the first reply
>>
It's funny because put an educated black man in charge of the hiring process who has some real world experience, and you'd get the same results. Same thing for an asian man, except he'd lean towards the more asian sounding name.

Dude at work pointed out this study to show theres still discrimination in the US. I explained to him how it's the blacks fault for reinforcing those stereotypes about blacks.

Just like if I was out picking up a family dog. I wouldn't go for the pitbull.
>>
>>72497040
A FUCKING
>leaf
>>
>>72497040
Wheres the proof that this is because of racial discrimination and not dozens of potential other reasons?
>>
>>72497733
Threaded and checked
>>
>>72497657
What if the person seeking the job has just as much experience, if not more experience, than a white counterpart?

At the very least, couldn't the employer at least interview the black guy (with experience) and see if he's a living stereotype of black "nigger, hoodrat" culture before throwing his resume in the trash?
>>
>>72497733
Like what reasons? The resumes were identical other than the small cues such as a black or asian sounding name
>>
>>72497843
?At the very least, couldn't the employer at least interview the black guy (with experience) and see if he's a living stereotype of black "nigger, hoodrat" culture before throwing his resume in the trash?

If you have 10 resumes and one is named Jamal, and you are fully aware of the black stereotypes, why would you waste your time unless his resume is above everyone elses? Just to see if theres an off chance that he doesn't act like a nig?
>>
File: 1460771435297.png (67 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1460771435297.png
67 KB, 1456x1108
>go to college on affirmative action, not merit
>"DuuuURRUU?!?!? How cumz white people don't wanna hire me on my merit alone? AaaDUUurRUUuURUU!?!?!?
>>
>manager has three employee choices
>龙东
>M'oda-aquirshria Jenkins Billard
>Josh Michael
>chooses to hire the one that is pronounceable

This probably happens
>>
>>72497733
In the article

>Despite the diversity rhetoric, the main patterns in this subsample were similar to those observed across all job ads. As in the full sample, there was a particularly prominent callback gap between "unwhitened résumés" and those for which both the first name and the experience section were whitened. The size of this gap was 14 percentage points (z = 2.58, p < .01) for black applicants (figure 2) and 11 percentage points (z = 2.10, p <.05) for Asians (figure 3)—similar to the gap in the full sample

This is after they stated their methods of study and research
>>
File: 1459226247645.gif (1 MB, 170x215) Image search: [Google]
1459226247645.gif
1 MB, 170x215
>>72497040
>>72497310

Affirmative action (at universities and at major employers like Google, Facebook, Intel, etc.) gives people a very rational reason to discriminate.

Given identical resumes, a black applicant is guaranteed to be a weaker candidate than a white or Asian candidate. It would be insane for people to ignore affirmative action when hiring.
>>
>>72497040
no shit having a foreign or ghetto-sounding name is going to hurt your chances. Employers want people who are presentable and speak english. A white guy with a hippie name like Sky Moonzap isn't going to do any better.
>>
>>72498053
But like I said, if he had the experience, you could always just interview him and drop him after if you think that he's too much of a hoodrat nigger.

The study shows that they're not even getting interviews at the same rate.
>>
>>72497869
If the resumes were identical beyond names then an obvious one is that they simply randomly didn't get chosen due to having so many other resumes that have the exact same qualifications

>>72498133
First, I have no idea what an "whitened resume" means. What does that entail beyond just putting a non-western name on the front?

A non-discriminatory reason for these resumes being ignored beyond just arbitrary chance could be that the hiring people feel that anyone that talks at length about their non-whiteness for whatever bullshit job is poor hiring material because they're talking about that instead of simply their merits and credentials
>>
>>72497843
don't be like mcdonalds and hire for 'diversity'
their stock went into free-fall after that disastrous decision
>>
>>72498233
There probably is some truth to the study, but I don't think we should take any measures tbqh

All the asians I know only hire each other, and no one studies that
>>
Feels good being white desu
>>
>>72498233
Unless you're arguing that he calls every single person then you're full of shit.

If he has just as much experience as anyone else why the fuck should he get special treatment over everyone else that's his equal?

If they have 9 white resumes and 1 black resume that all have the exact same credentials, fucking elementary school level math shows that you have a much higher chance of picking a white resume for who you arbitrarily decide to call than the black guy.
>>
>>72498295
"Whitened resume" is explained in the study, I think it is explained at the beginning, but it is 40 pages so it's a lengthy read. They showed examples for an Asian name (I think it was changing "Lei Zhang" to "Luke Zhang" specifically).

Yes and they also tested that in the study. They took out any diversity related experience to "whiten" up the resume and also compared it with resumes that had diversity related experiences (which was lower in callback rates).
>>
Truer than you would think. I was helping in HR for a retail chain. An applicant was hired because her name was Toshiba. Turned out that was her first name. She inverted the last and first name fields. She was not Asian. Hiring manager did a double take.
>>
File: tn_1235245586270.jpg (26 KB, 560x458) Image search: [Google]
tn_1235245586270.jpg
26 KB, 560x458
>>72497040
>people dont want to spend more time than they have to around those who are different
>people dont want to spend time around niggers in particular
stop the fucking presses
>>
File: 1459228230471.jpg (301 KB, 940x950) Image search: [Google]
1459228230471.jpg
301 KB, 940x950
Affirmative action (at universities and at major employers like Google, Facebook, Intel, etc.) gives people a very rational reason to discriminate.

Given identical resumes, a black applicant is guaranteed to be a weaker candidate than a white or Asian candidate. It would be insane for people to ignore affirmative action when hiring.

May I ask why you're so angry that people aren't ignoring affirmative action? Why do leftist cucks demand people not notice patterns?
>>
>discrimination

It's reputation, niggers only have other niggers to blame for giving them the short end of the stick.
>>
>>72498511
>resumes that had diversity related experiences (which was lower in callback rates).
Probably because that doesn't have anything to do with he job they were applying for so they got looked over for someone that didn't have a bunch of extraneous filler in their resume.

HR hiring staff don't look through resumes very thoroughly. If they have to read through a bunch of "Diversity Related Experiences" (whatever the fuck that means) to find the things they're looking for then yes you're going to go into the trash.

You still haven't addressed the simple fact of randomness and being much more likely to pick a white resume than a non-white resume all things equal just because there will be more white resumes (y'know, since they're the majority population?)

There's no studies about how caucasian resumes are much less likely to be followed up on in china or japan, why does it matter here?
>>
>blacks stop naming themselves retarded shit
>get jobs

easy solution

simple fact is "rob brown" would be a far more effective salesman than Dyshauwnita letaisha la-a Spearchuckeroogabooga
>>
>>72498414
>If he has just as much experience as anyone else why the fuck should he get special treatment over everyone else

Read the article. They sent out resumes with the exact same credentials but only changed the names. They included white sounding names, black sounding names, Asian names, and even Asian last names with a "white first name". The white sounding names were a substitute for the black sounding names (so it would be Greg Washington instead of Jamal Washington etc.).

Resumes with white names got significantly more call-backs, even though the person who filled out the resume is actually black.
>>
>>72497040
Since racial discrimination is already illegal, why did none of those individuals sue?
>>
>>72498295
Are you going to hire a guy called Billy-Bob-HillBill? If not, how is that any less racist than not hiring someone called La-Shawnda-G-Dawg?

I'll give you a clue, it's not any less racist, but we only care about situations where niggers get shit on because of their fucked up families/upbringings. Same thing happens to any whites who are stupid enough to call their kids something that blatantly separates them from society.
>>
File: 1461989023050.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1461989023050.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>72498715

And regarding Asian vs White applicants...

I'm a software developer. I work with Asians, and they're great people. But many, many times, they're very difficult to communicate with. Not because they're stupid, but because they're a language barrier.

It's definitely understandable for people to notice this pattern and want to avoid it.

Regardless, if you're angry at this sort of pattern matching, you must HATE affirmative action policies. Right?

Or do you only hate discrimination when it's happening to blacks?
>>
The problem is not necessarily that employers are racist (although some of them certainly are), but that their customers might be. If you are hiring someone in a customer service position, the employer considers that a black man/woman is not going to illicit as much trust from customers as a white man/woman. While it probably isn't conscious or intentional, that does factor into the hiring process and it's generally what causes such a massive discrepancy.

It really is tragic though. I feel for all the hard working, smart negroes who bust their ass and get fucked by a broken system.
>>
>ignoring the existence of affirmative action
>>
>>72498894
>It really is tragic though. I feel for all the hard working, smart negroes who bust their ass and get fucked by a broken system.
A broken system caused by leftist race-baiters, constantly telling blacks that they are the same as whites as a group, and hence any difference in racial stats (e.g. prison time) is entirely due to racism.
>>
>>72498782
Did you actually read the study or do I need to explain why you are wrong? I'm on my phone and it's late so give me a quick heads up.
>>
>McLebronLamar
versus
>John
who do you call?
>>
>>72498782
Did they control for the population/area they did the study in? "This single store/area is racially biased in picking resumes" doesn't mean anything besides that store/area being racially biased.

Did they control for the people looking at the resumes? Was it the same person looking over every type? Was it the same time of day? Did they go through the resumes in the same way or did they have a shitty day and just pick the first name that happens to be on the list one time and skip over Li Smith?

Again, how do you KNOW that they were turned down because there was a "non white" name on the resume?
>>
>>72497040
BTFO? Sounds like someone is doing a good job out there.
>>
>>72498976
It's a broken system caused by racial profiling and biases that have existed in this country for centuries. Neo-liberals have absolutely nothing to do with it, although they aren't helping the situation.

In this instance, it is entirely due to racism.
>>
>>72498745
By diversity related experiences they meant any jobs worked at a place specifically related to diversity (like a desk clerk at a diversity center). I should've cleared that up, but again, read the study for clarification, I'm only (roughly) paraphrasing.

>There's no studies about how caucasian resumes are much less likely to be followed up on in china or japan
And that's true, there is a bias in the study looking at it through a "white western" lens. You're right in that regard.

However, resumes were sent to many MNC's for low experience jobs, many companies of which were not North American native. Of course, the employer doesn't necessarily have to be the same ethnicity of the MNC. So it is interesting.
>>
>>72497522
>if you kill your enemies they win
>>
>he needs studies to tell him that no one likes niggers
Are you retarded?
Who would want to hire a nigger with a name of LaTisha Trayvon Skittles Bang Bang? The resume might be fine, but you'd be hiring someone who has an IQ under 90 and this person is going to steal from work.
>>
>>72499010
Ghost Busters
>>
>>72499045
>Trayvonkia blames racsims for not getting hired
>>
>>72497310
>this is what the degenerate lgbt'ers think far-right'ers think

Lol you are like women, unable to comprehend people have a different point of view than your peer group.
>>
>>72499010
Uh, excuse me, shitlord? Are you trying to say that blacks are not free to name their kids "Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafuckbottom," even though it is part of their culture in Africa (where their ancestors were 200 years ago)?

Your racist claims are almost as ridiculous as suggesting whites should be able to call their kids something strange, like "Fridge," and then complain about it when it causes problems.

In conclusion, whites just need to stop keeping the black man down. Blacks are just as successful as whites, and hence any difference between the two groups is due to racism. If white racist bigots finally stop discriminating against blacks, we can turn America into a successful country, like Africa.
>>
>>72498147
Except race based quotas were ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court. Affirmative action is not just race based quotas.
>>
>>72499123
>>72499010
>>72499098
Pretty ridiculous exaggeration. The names they listed on the resumes were simply names that are more common in the black community

>Jefferson
>Washington
>Jackson

etc... They weren't ridiculous hood nigger names
>>
'Minorities' in Toronto make up 49 percent of the population, and that was 5 years ago.

The days of the oppressive whitie smothering small clusters of minorities is fucking gone in this town.
>>
>>72497040
Doesn't actually reflect reality though. You're almost never going to have two identical resumes with the only difference being the name.

The study is essentially rigged to show racial bias. Of course employers will prefer a white sounding name to an obviously foreign name. The reason being that a white sounding name is more likely to be able to communicate in fluent English. No one wants to deal with people who have strong accents.
>>
>>72497040
It's almost like you didn't know this already, that the Jewish media has been making black Americans name their kids differently for the last 40 years for exactly this purpose: to keep the black man down. There's a guy at my school, president of the Chicano student association, his name is Francisco but he insists on being called Frank. He's a smart guy.
>>
>>72497040
>lead to 30% to 50% fewer callbacks from employers than do otherwise equivalent résumés without such cues

Did they control for experience and qualifications?

For all we know black people just have less

I mean... thats a fucking known fact

You cant just look at any racial disparity and say its proof of discrimination, or that would mean the NBA is racist for not having more whites
>>
>>72499045
It's due to blacks refusing to take any responsibility for their actions. There are huge problems with this study. For example, "black sounding names." Race-baiting fuckers probably sent out resumes with La-quish-ray-luvbub at the top, and then complain when it doesn't get a call back, while "Lisa," gets three.
>>
>>72499279
>The reason being that a white sounding name is more likely to be able to communicate in fluent English. No one wants to deal with people who have strong accents.
Utter fucking nonsense. African-Americans and Asian-Americans rarely have accents at all, much less strong accents. You're talking about people who were born and educated in the US, not immigrants.
>>
>>72497040
>found country
>be majority of country
>somehow wrong that you have better opportunities in your country than anybody else
>>
I've always been told that minorities get put in a queue before whites in the hiring process, not sure what to believe.
>>
>>72499243
So what? Who cares? Why should anyone hire someone who has an IQ under 90 and is going to steal from work?
>muh racism
What the fuck does that even mean and why should I hire undesirable people because I get called racist?
>>
>>72498989
Yes, and you can explain.

>>72499016
They responded to thousands of job ads in cities across Canada and the US. I think they looked at Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago specifically (so it is a smaller scale; it might be biased in that regard).

All of your questions should be answered in the study. I didn't write it dude, you're going to have to read it if you want your questions answered.

That's why I linked the article. Again, I'm very roughly paraphrasing what I read.
>>
File: multiculturalism.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
multiculturalism.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>72497040
>"racial cues"

What kind of cues are we talking about here? The name Tyrone and an ethnicity checkbox, or do they write "my nigga jamal" in the references box?

Regardless, objectively, niggers have lower IQ rates and are therefore less likely to have the mental capacity required for the job.
>>
>>72499243
>Cellularphoniqua Jackson blames racisms for not getting hired

I did get as far as page 14, I'll admit I couldn't get past "If I'm applying to... I don't mention I worked in Chinatown." Whopdy fucking do, I don't mention I worked on a fucking farm in rural Ohio either.
>>
File: freeman.jpg (53 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
freeman.jpg
53 KB, 948x711
>>72499359
> black people don't have accents
>>
>>72499358
I literally just listed examples of some of the names they used, and they weren't as ridiculous as you idiots keep suggesting.

>It's due to blacks refusing to take any responsibility for their actions
How does "blacks refusing to take responsibility for their actions" lead to racial profiling of highly educated minorities in the hiring process?

>>72499413
Not sure what you're asking. You don't have to hire "undesirable" candidates but if your only criteria for them being "undesirable" is their ethnicity, that's illegal.
>>
>>72499166
No it's perfectly expected that lots of people will be wrong.
>>
>>72499350
Nigger sends application for a job he doesnt meet qualifications still somehow receive some callbacks
>this is racism against poor Negro somehow
>Canada every time
>>
File: finger-quotes-2.jpg (21 KB, 320x259) Image search: [Google]
finger-quotes-2.jpg
21 KB, 320x259
>Asian

Don't tell me Canada is adopting this britcuck meme
>>
>>72499359
>African-Americans rarely have accents at all, much less strong accents.
Complete fucking bullshit.
No one can understand what the average nigger is saying. It's complete gibberish. I could take a random person of the street in Latvia and they would speak better English than an American nigger who speaks in ''mu bu bi dik nix do boo ba'''
>>
>>72497040
>live in the west as a foreigner
>Act like a cunt because you are a foreigner
>>
>>72499533
Why is it illegal? Change that shit already.
>>
>>72499359
It's utter fucking nonsense to think these resumes were "identical". No employer goes through multiple IDENTICAL resumes without realizing it unless they are retarded. OH WOW WHAT A QUINCIDENCE BOB SHANEQUA AND LING ALL HAVE IDENTICAL WORK EXPIERIENCE. Whatever "whitening" they did to Bob's resume obviously made it look better.
>>
>>72499510
>>72499565
They don't? Niggers talk like niggers, but an African-American who is highly educated does not have an accent. Assuming you're not including regional American accents which obviously includes everyone from that area and would never be considered as a criteria for hiring
>>
>>72499279
All men are created equal therefore every applicant is equal.
>>
>>72499565
Do you have any idea what it's like to learn English for years, watch movies, listen to music, be full of English, and then get a job in a call center for foreigners and be insulted by a chimp because "I don't understand English at all"?
>>
>>72499565
They speak to white people with normal english. They talk to each other with that sweet, sweet AAVE (which by the way is a fully forumlated dialect)
>>
>>72499350
Yes they did

I have a feeling that many people aren't reading the study, going off of my greentext, and posting anyways.
>>
>>72497040
>Résumés containing minority racial cues, such as a distinctively African American
I wonder why hmm... almost as if the school system doesn't represent intelligence in a fair matter. Plus it's a FACT they're more violent and susceptible to outbursts of rage
>Asian name
Blatant lie, the reason you don't see as many asians in the work force is because THEY'RE A MINORITY, NOT THE MAJORITY in western countries

Plus I wonder what the results will be if you apply for a job, I don't know, let's say as a black man or even a white one in Japan
I'm sure they'll open you with open arms
>>
>>72497040
I understand blacks not getting hired. Even if blacks have the same credentials (which they often don't let's face it they're stuck at low skilled for the most part) if I were an employer I'd be wary of hiring a black for false accusations of racism. Say my business enters a slump, I've gotta cut some people or some hours, who do I cut? Well the last hire in most every case, so that would be the theoretical black employee.

A new hire is only as hirable as he is firable and blacks run the distinct risk of accusing you of racism if you fire them, even if the claim is completely unfounded. Like most false accusations, this would kill my companies reputation leading to less clients and more bad press.

tl:Dr Hire a white guy because you can't be racist towards whites
>>
>>72499655
On name alone do you know it's a nigger or an African American?
>>
>>72499359
The funny thing about this post is it is an example that defeats itself. It's just so reddit that anyone can easily tell that it isn't native /pol/ish.
>>
>>72499533
>How does "blacks refusing to take responsibility for their actions" lead to racial profiling of highly educated minorities in the hiring process?
Well, having your store robbed 50 times, and 49 of those robberies committed by blacks, might turn a few people a little racist. To the point where even an education doesn't help shake the suspicion.

And then hearing that white people are somehow responsible for this "broken system," might push them further in the direction of hating blacks.

And then the race-baiters say: "Tyrone, white people are responsible for the hugely disproportionate racial crime statistics. Yes, Tyrone, the broken system is the fault of white people. You should be angry at whites." So Tyrone goes and robs another store.

Hence, black people refusing to take responsibility for their actions, and race-baiting media/liberals are responsible for this broken system.
>>
>>72498094
I used to TA in college and basically based my grading off of that
>>
>>72499869
No, that's what the qualifications are for.

>>72499904
Not at all, you just haven't been following the conversation. Do you think white people from Boston are less likely to be hired because of their accent?
>>
>>72497040
Just read the entire PDF. None of the control groups controlled for just name alone. They also controlled for "whitened" aspects to the resume. Its very misleading for them to say it is the exact same resume when the extracurriculars listed are quite different.
>>
File: nope.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>Whitened Résumés: Race and Self-Presentation in the Labor Market
>Sonia Kanga,Katy DeCellesa,András Tilcsika,Sora Jun
>>
>>72499545
If they say Asian, they mean Chink or Gook
Nip, SEA, Indian, Arab, and Persian never get called Asian here
>>
>>72500068
Because sending the exact same resume would obviously tip the employer off.

"Whitened" aspects refers to things like changing college sports from basketball to lacrosse, etc... Nothing that would be a major factor in the hiring process
>>
>>72500068
Lol.
>Hobbies (white)
Playing chess.
Practicing violin.

>Hobbies (black)
Smokin weed wid mah boiz.

>The same resume, just controlling for "whitened" aspects.
>>
>>72497040

Bad reputations are sometimes well deserved.
>>
>>72500205
>a resume listing hobbies
Is this a joke?
>>
>>72500068
Then they're aren't the same resume. Since they don't list the resumes with the names blobbed out, we don't know what "whitened" means except by anecdotal evidence.
>>
For everyone ITT

There are tables at the end of the study (after the bibliography) that visually sum up the studies. They are pages 47-55.

I would screencap and post them all, but it is late as fuck and I'm tired
>>
>>72500385
This was supposed to be for >>72500194
>>
>>72500326
Change "hobbies" to "extracurricular activities," and consider the types of resumes you put out when you were in high school. Then yeah.

Doesn't really change my point, though. If they need to control for "whitened aspects," there is obviously some shit like this going on the resumes.
>>
>>72500194
But those are major factors and they can't arbitrarily be labeled "white people stuff" which is literally what they did. "Whitening" to them means omitting ethnic group activities from the resume and replacing them with non racially charged activities and acting like the employer is racist for wanting to hire them based off of anew altered resume that doesnt say "was a black nationalist"
>>
>>72500062
I'm talking sans-qualifications, studies like this one often attempt to 'level the playing field' by making qualifications equal and changing bullshit like 'activities' and 'name' Any stupid ass motherfucker can get a degree nowadays.

The fact is, two identical resumes with an Asian or Black name, I will choose the Asian every time.
>>
>>72498414
You don't seem to understand the article. The black guy is less likely to get selected than each of the 9 white guys. The study isn't claiming that only 10% of the callbacks are for blacks because only 10% of the resumes are from blacks you fucking idiot.
>>
>>72500194
Fuck off with your intellectual dishonesty and racism

basketball was invented by a white guy and lacrosse by native americans, they aren't tied to any specific race

If you change parts of the resume then the resumes are no longer identical and the study is no longer controlled for the only difference being a minority name on the front page so it belongs in the trash. For all you know the people liked lacrosse way more and picked them because of that.

This is either a faulty study or an intentionally rigged one to produce the result they wanted, the sort of shit I tend to expect from UoT
>>
>>72497040
how does that BTFO pol ?
>>
>>72500652
>Lacrosse was invented of Native Americans
>that means it's not the whitest fucking sport ever. Native Americans and blacks are just as likely to play it in high school as whites.
>>
>>72498133
"whitened" and "unwhitened"

Is that how they frame this study? This study may be agenda driven so I will have to look at the data more carefully.
>>
File: trashman opinion discarded.jpg (115 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
trashman opinion discarded.jpg
115 KB, 680x680
>>72497040
>utoronto.ca
>>
There was a similar study done back in 2003 that showed the same thing.
>>
>>72498511
>took out any diversity related experience

I wouldn't hire anyone who claimed to have "diversity" experience
>>
>>72497040
It's times like this that me wonder if niggers like me can make it. My mom named me after some voice she said she heard when she gave birth to me. I've been applying for jobs for almost a year now. Only money I have coming in is from textbroker
>>
>>72497040
Not racism, just psychology. Employers are more likely to hire those with familiar names. Bob is a reliable person. Laquisha is not.People have a preference for the familiar. That's why you don't name your kids stupid shit. Follow the cultural naming trends.
>>
The methodology in that study is horseshit, like 99% of sociology studies are.
>>
>>72497040
Should private entities have no right to choose who they associate with or hire?
>>
>>72497040
I also suggest everyone go own to page 33 where it says no significant difference between whitened resume and name change versus just a whitened resume. This tells you it doesn't have to do with the name of the person (IE race), but how the resume is constructed. Nice try OP.
>>
>>72500932
>Bob is a reliable person. Laquisha is not
That's racism, my friend.
>>
>>72500770
>that means it's not the whitest fucking sport ever.
It's not, you racist fuck

That'd be hockey or NASCAR
>>
>>72501075
>everything is racism
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>72501075
names are based on culture, not race
>>
>>72497040

This happens here too. I fully support it. It's not right that some dead-eyed mud retard who got here yesterday gets the same treatment as I do
>>
>>72501015
/thread
>>
>>72501015
////thread
>>
>>72501015
/////////thread
>>
>>72501235
Assuming right off the bat that bob is more reliable than laquisha, based on name alone, IS prejudice. It IS racist.

>>72501251
Nice excuse, but no. It's racism, plain and simple.
>>
My half Russian friend said she had the same problem in Norway when she used her Russian last name instead of her mother's Norwegian name.

Does that mean Norwegians(white people), are racist towards Slavs(white people)?

Toplul.
>>
I would like to see first hand what "whitening" a resume looks like, particularly before and after.

>“I’ve been involved in a lot of black [campus]
groups and even though I’ve had leadership in them … [I] would take them off my résumé and
you really couldn’t tell that I was necessarily a black person.”

>” According to a black college senior with an interest in science, résumé items indicating surface-level (i.e.,
demographic) diversity could be helpful, but items that employers might see as “racially
controversial” were to be avoided:

So, it appears that decision makers are trying to avoid the case of someone who is a racial ideologue.

And in the case of the asians in particular, signalling that they're fully functional in english would also count as "whitening".
>>
>>72499741
AAVE is mere simplification
>>
Niggers
>>
File: XRxXP2r.png (908 KB, 798x720) Image search: [Google]
XRxXP2r.png
908 KB, 798x720
>>72497040
>>72497522
>>72497843
>>72498133
>>72498233
>>72498511
>>72498782
>>72499065
>>72499438
>>72499758
>>72500436

You *really* don't want to confront the truth here.

Given identical resumes, a black applicant is guaranteed to be a weaker candidate. It would be insane for people to ignore affirmative action when hiring.

Regarding Asians vs. Whites.... I'm a software developer. I work with Asians, and they're great people. But many, many times, they're very difficult to communicate with. Not because they're stupid, but because of a language barrier.

It's definitely understandable for people to notice this pattern and want to avoid it. That said, Asians do not have any difficulty finding jobs or making more money than Whites, likely because of their higher IQs. That's something blacks lack.

Why do you care so much about defending upper middle class blacks? Why not defend impoverished Whites?
>>
>>72501329
Appreciate the support. When I read the abstract and the methodology all prior to the results, I knew this was an experiment geared by SJW activists in order to make some shit up about supposed racism. Notice how much fucking support is put on anecdotal evidence rather than fact. This is the hallmark of any snowflake pseudo-science.

>Bullshit manipulation of numbers
>Victim narrative of this with anecdotal evidence
>We wuz oppressed
Any questions?
>>
>>72501015
Do the idiots that publish this shit just expect no one to read it?
>>
>>72501459
So I should hire Cletus as well?nah fuck off
>>
>>72501540
I would also be interested in this. As I pointed out, the article admits there is no statistical difference between white name and "whitened" resume versus just "whitened" resume. Am I just supposed to take their word for it in a scientific study what "whitened" means by their quote, and not the actual resume? I really want to see the resume difference, because otherwise it just seems like complete horseshit manipulation.
>>
File: 1460758041191.jpg (121 KB, 460x1491) Image search: [Google]
1460758041191.jpg
121 KB, 460x1491
>>72498233
In the US, due to liberal laws, it's dangerous to even call the nigger in for interview. It just gives them more ammunition when their rent-a-Jew decides to extort money for dem programs out of your ass.

You do everything you can to avoid hiring women because they're fucking useless but demand the highest pay in the office regardless else it's "sexism." They take the most sick time, complain the most, and when they get knocked up you have to not only "fill it" their job for six goddamn months while they're gone... you then have to guarantee them a job when they get back.

You do everything you can not to hire a nigger because they're fucking toxic. If there is a problem it's almost impossible to fire them. The rent-a-Jew demands even more money from your ass in settlement.

You do everything you can not to hire someone with disabilities because the ACA makes your business liable for an unlimited amount of money to work around their physical handicap. Need a quarter of a million dollars to upgrade an old service elevator so McWheelie can get to the third floor? Tough shit. After the Feds are done with your ass then they hand you off to the cripple's rent-a-Jew for another round.

You know who hurts these people? Liberals. Liberal policies trying to punish businesses and make everything fair have made any "more equal" class of protected minority a fucking hazard that must be avoided.

It simply doesn't matter if Jamal Laquan Chikkunfriah is equally as qualified as John Smith. They're a giant liability because of the same liberals and jews demanding they be hired in the first place. A smart business avoids liability.

... and the not hiring Asians is flat fucking bullshit. I guarantee the kike that wrote that article is using the British Caliphate definition of "Asian." You don't hire a fucking muzzie because again... liberals demand the business owner bow down to the demands of a fucking desert nomad.
>>
>>72501680
This is just the type of AJ+/Gawker/Buzzfeed level shit Twitter fuckheads like Shaun King and Deray McKesson would retweet for clickbait.
>>
Affirmative action and racial grading policies means you cannot trust black educational experience.

Not to mention, if you do take them, and they fucking suck at their jobs, it's quite a lot harder to fire them because of "They fired me because they're racist. I'm suing!"

White people can be discarded far more easily.

Anecdote here:

I worked in IT support for a large company for 8 years. When I started it was 95% whites, 2% blacks and 3% arabs/indians. Managed by 4 white IT managers.

Support was top fucking notch for the first 3 years. Then a manager left and "Muh diversity" led to us getting a black manager.

This is where shit started to slide downhill. He was shit at his fucking job and was more than happy to cover for the niggers.

People got sick of picking up the slack and fixing mistakes made by the boons, so they left. Which lead to more blacks. Who also, completely fucking sucked at their jobs.

Everybody knew it. But no one could talk about it because it was racist. Soon enough we're looking at 50% whites, 40% blacks and 10% arabs/indians, 6 years in.

Support is a fucking disaster. Whites fix shit. Arabs and indians fix shit. Blacks are asking the same fucking questions, over and over again. Even though they've been told 20 times how to fix simple shit, they never ever fucking retain it.

7th year we slide into minority status, 40% of us are white. 2 black managers. Service levels drop into the toilet. Corporate is getting fucking pissed.

Beginning of year 8, get the news they've gotten fed up and have decided to outsource IT. There was no way they could fire the black under performers without causing law suits, so they slit every one's throats.

Hiring black people literally destroyed an entire department. Robbing competent people of their jobs.

My point is this: Do you think no one noticed? Do you think the 2 white managers didn't put 2 and 2 together? Do you think those managers in the future, will not hire based on this experience?
>>
>>72497040

>page 7
>29 black
>30 asain

The study had a sample size of 59?
>>
File: 7b4.jpg (57 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
7b4.jpg
57 KB, 609x607
>>72497040
>.ca
>A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>72497040

>TAJAYQUAN BUJEROME OTHELLO JONES wasn't immediately hired, for some reason.
>>
>>72501835
We're not talking about hiring anyone based on their name. We're talking about callbacks. Tossing out a resume because of a name is 100% prejudice, no doubt about it.
>>
>>72497040
>hmm when we specify that the dog is a pitbull, nobody wants to adopt it!
>can't imagine why
>>
>>72497040
Who would want to hire a nigger anyway?? They're dumb as all shit and lazy as fuck.
>>
>>72497040
I mean, who honestly wants a nigger to work for you?

Chink part doesn't make sense though since they are pretty intelligent.
>>
>>72502117
I'm not calling a Cletus or a Shaniqua
>>
This is demoralizing. Thinking about changing my legal name now.
>>
>>72501981

Side note:

India based IT was fucking worse and 4 months later, they fired them and started the IT department back up. Suddenly absent, 2 black managers and 90% of the black employees.

IT is back to being golden. I had already found another job so refused to return.

In my interview for said new job, I explained that due to certain hiring policies our department failed to 2 white managers. We exchanged "the look" and they assured me, people here were hired on nothing but merit.

95% white workforce, 4% arab/indian, 2 token blacks who are given no responsibility.

It's heaven.
>>
File: 1401418386093.jpg (89 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
1401418386093.jpg
89 KB, 231x300
>>72501893

The same way putting an animal on the endangered species list rings the death knell for them. Farmer out on his land spots a red bellied protected toad, that toad just got stomped into a puree under a boot. Ain't no way in hell that farmer is going to let some dickless bureaucrat discover that shit, confiscate his livelihood and turn his land into a wildlife sanctuary
>>
Oh no, did OP abandon his thread after getting BTFO?
>>
>>72501015
>This tells you it doesn't have to do with the name of the person (IE race), but how the resume is constructed. Nice try OP.

Which would make sense especially since an HR department might need to look through hundreds of resumes for a single job every day, they are going to weed out a lot of them simply by not being able to find the pertinent information related to said job within a couple of seconds. Any basic format shit is an easy excuse to go "fuck it, trash it" and move on.
>>
>>72502202
While I disagree that they are all stupid, any black guy I've ever worked with has been lazy and quick to claim racism if they are criticized for their performance. The one exception is a guy I worked with from Ethiopia, super smart, hard working college student. Every other African American I've either worked with or hired has been a toxic piece of shit. A couple of them are friends of mine but I would never work with them again.
>>
>>72497040
I love the way you people talk about this hypothetical "equally or more qualified black guy".
I've never once met such a person, or on the extremely rare occasion I did, they had an attitude problem, usually a huge chip on their shoulder.
>>
>>72502350
Fuckin racist for not calling Shaniqua, understood about Cletus though. Who would want some fucking trailer trash white?
>>
>>72502001

>Page 22/23
>two trials
>62 people
>57 people

Wow, nice sample size chief

>no white "placebo" for comparison

Incredible...
>>
File: dishonest_study.png (46 KB, 505x346) Image search: [Google]
dishonest_study.png
46 KB, 505x346
So, if I've read this correctly. They called sent out 200 resumes that with no whitening, 200 resumes with a whitened first name.
>10 callbacks for no whitening.
>13 callbacks for whitened first name.

OMFG RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACISM.
>>
>>72497040
What exactly do you want?

All black communities across the US of A, are dirt poor because they choose riots, Democract welfare and thug support, over factories, Conservative self-providence, and actual decent people and bussiness owners.

This pattern repeats itself, over and over again. Anytime one of those blacks tries to pull themselves up, they get labeled an Uncle Tom, and pulled back down like vorous male crabs.

Your burden of proof, is that it's White CONSERVATIVES actions that have damaged them, while other minorites have seen to overcome the long bloody trail of history seem to overcome.

Liberal Progress is the most machiavellian, sociopathic weapon on the planet. Only it can both cause the disease, and deluded millions into believing it is the cure.
>>
OMG a fellow Toronto student on /pol/ and I thought all of you were from low tier American schools.
>>
>>72502778
Dishonest motherfuckers probably repeated the experiment a few times as well to get the data they wanted. -,-
>>
>>72502522
Which is why if the researchers or people in opposition to me want to make a rebuttal, then they need to present the actual resumes sent out. Otherwise I have to take their word for it based on anecdotal evidence on what "whitening" means.
>>
how is it racist? assimilate. name your kids traditional american names. if you prefer to live in your own little culture bubble separate from the rest of us, don't cry when we choose our own kind over you.
>>
>>72497040
Attractive people would even get higher callback rates, compared to unattractive ones.

Ugly justice when
>>
>>72502803
Toronto is considered low tier in america
>>
>>72502881
You know what, this is really what it's all about, and it's ironic.

If I moved to China and became a naturalized citizen, I would learn the language and change my name tbqh, even though I would probably never quite fit in because I'm white, I'd certainly try my best to fit in with the dominant culture, because I'm not a fucking special snowflake.

Meanwhile, in the West, minorities think they have a special right to feel aggrieved to demand special privileges.
>>
>>72497040
>distinctively African American names
Well no shit nobody wants to hire Ja-kwan when the last five Ja-Kwan's worked a day and then quit, or came in late everyday, or just never showed up.
>>
>>72502938
Maybe other races are getting lower call back rates because they're less attractive.

Wow, really makes you think.
>>
> my friend put out like 100 resumes and got denied until he finally got a job, took him a month
totally fine

>nigger does the same thing
DAMN HONKEYS DENYING ME A JERB BECAUSE MY RACE

Just ignore them, they don't believe in hard work
>>
>>72501893

Holy fuck underrated post. Here is an upvote sir +1.

I don't hire women, niggers, or brown people PERIOD. The only women I hire are secretaries who are HOT as FUCK and even they get fired at age 24 so I can find someone younger.

I do hire east Asian men and Vietnamese men as well as very white slavs.
>>
How is this a problem? Jews tend to hires other jews and no one makes a fuss about it.
>>
>>72497040
>wanting to hire someone named TaDigs Ditches

thats not a made up name btw, a nigger FATHER has that name
>>
>>72497040
Maybe niggers and chinks should start their own businesses and hire others of their kind?
Why is it white people's responsibility to hire them?

If I were a business owner I wouldn't hire Tyrone or Le-a either.
I don't want ticking time bombs that may decide to sue me at any time.
>>
>>72503179
What, sir, do you do about mandatory diversity quotas for blacks?
>>
>>72503198
>Jews tend to hires other jews and no one makes a fuss about it.

Because it's only racist when white Europeans do something.

Surely this is old news by now.
>>
File: blm-protest-1.jpg (37 KB, 589x315) Image search: [Google]
blm-protest-1.jpg
37 KB, 589x315
Just remember: At colleges and in public areas across this once great country niggers are assaulting and screeching at hard working white people over total bullshit (pic related).

You owe those fucking coons NOTHING. Don't fucking hire them.

If you do have niggers working for you now start fucking documenting all the shit they do and counseling them along with any other non-black losers you can find. This WILL lead to nigger chimp-outs in the workplace and most likely these stupid coons will bitch about you via email or other communication mediums. Have IT pull their emails for more evidence. Also have IT put a tracker on their computer. Niggers are indolent and lazy. They will spend all their time on kikebook and Twitter. Implement a more strict IT policy that they will violate immediately.

Once you have a stack of documentation on them, including the logs, and emails fire their stinking nigger ass.
>>
File: elena-Kagan-final-chart580.jpg (140 KB, 580x612) Image search: [Google]
elena-Kagan-final-chart580.jpg
140 KB, 580x612
>>72503368
Now and then they get caught, but nothing much comes of it.
>>
>>72497869
>Like what reasons?

language barriers
>>
The fact is that blacks are going to be followed by the disproportionately bad behavior of their families and neighbors for as long as they refuse to leave that culture(and names are most definitely part of culture)
No one wants to invite the related shitstorm into their lives just for "diversity" when much safer options exist
This is why homogeneous nations are best

And Asians, to their credit, are greatly overrepresented in tech fields
I'm betting Asian means Arab in this study
>>
>>72503354

They don't exist and are illegal. The diversity quotas are created internally by companies like Google and Intel.

My strong advice to all anons is this: become a freelancer or consultant part time. Once you have enough business go full time. Then open your own company.

I hire the following people exclusively:

white men, asian men from China, Japan, SKorea, and Vietnam, white slavic men. Hot white or asian women for secretarial positions only.

Listen, unless you JUST fucking built the next Facebook and are the talk of the tech world, NO ONE is fucking paying attention to you in such a degree as you are going to get caught with your racist hiring practices.

NOW, I do have a few tricks I use to make sure I don't get caught:

1. I interview women and niggers. And as much as I don't want to, I interview them for the SAME amount of time as everyone else. This is also on security camera.

2. I pretend to want to hire women, niggers, and mestizo trash and then I have them do very difficult online tests, which they always do much more poorly than white and asian males.

3. I rigorously track all these candidates. Each one has their resume, interview, and test on file.

If anyone comes snooping around (liberal or jew etc) I can prove I hired the most qualified candidate, which is never a woman or brown or black person.

This shit isn't fucking rocket science.
>>
>>72499166
the ironing in this post
>>
>>72503686
That's good advice about the test anon. My mother works for a property management company and is currently in the process of being sued by a black family. They were not watching their child and he slipped in the pool area because he was running full speed despite the signs and proper parenting.

She isn't personally liable but I fear the nigger family will get over $75k in damages paid for by the HOA's insurance company to prevent it from going to trial with an all black jury. They do truly come from an entitled culture. A dangerous landmine to hire.
>>
>>72503953

That sucks. Glad my advice helped. We need to do everything possible to fuck black people.

The more niggers we don't hire the more of them will embrace their genetic predisposition to criminality and we can then lock them up where they can't breed.

As for the situation with the HOA that is unfortunate. My advice for any property owner is to have security cameras in ALL common areas. Dropcam's are amazing with the cloud storage package.
>>
>>72501849
Apparently, a "whitened" resume conceals their name to create a "white" name like L. James Smith and Luke Zhang and for activities, it includes things that are "white" like snowboarding, and not things like Black Student Union. For the "unwhitened" resume they chose a name like Lamar J Smith and Lei Zhang.

According to this study, there does seem to be slight preferences towards the "whitened" name and experience. Although the "whitened experience" seems to be better then the name. It seems that the more you assimilate, the more likely you are to callback. Why they call it "whiten" when this phenomenon is common anywhere is stupid. Especially since this "discrimination" is more elevated in the more homogeneous midwest.
>>
>>72498094

>Never trust a man with two first names.

Into the trash they all go.
>>
>>72504836
Also - all hyphenated names. Into the bin.
>>
Why do you expect an employer to hire someone with a name they can't even pronounce?
>>
>>72502778
So to me this says that a whitened name gives a slight statistical edge to a non-whitened name. The part about """""""whitened"""""" experience could be anything since """"""whitened"""""" doesn't have a formal definition. To me all it means is they made the resume more attractive.

making a more attractive resume makes a far bigger difference than changing names, which makes sense. On top of that the difference between changing names is 3 in 200 or so, which is next to nothing and could easily be within the noise.

The whole experiment is rigged but why did they publish this one graph that just blows them out.
>>
>>72497843
Because interviewing someone costs money. And you don't want to interview a nigger since they'll chimpout when you don't hire them and eventually one will sue.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.