[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U of W Cheerl Squad Slammed for Poster with Body Requirements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: racist-cheerleader-0-600.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
racist-cheerleader-0-600.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
http://www.people.com/article/university-of-washington-cheerleading-poster

>After a social media firestorm, the University of Washington cheerleading squad took down a poster with "do's and don'ts" of how people should look for their upcoming tryouts.

>Twitter and Facebook users called out the squad, saying the poster encourages body shaming and prioritizes appearance over ability with "body do's" like being "physically fit" with an "athletic physique." They also ask that potential cheerleaders wear just a sports bra and mid-rise black shorts, while telling them not to wear any tops "that cover the midriff" or high-waisted shorts.

>In a statement, the University of Washington athletic department said they instructed the squad to take

> "In response to a high volume of student questions about cheer and dance team tryouts, a member of the UW spirit leadership team created a graphic aimed at providing interested students information in preparation for the tryouts," they tell PEOPLE. "The graphic was removed immediately, after a UW athletic department official saw it and determined that some of the details and descriptions provided were inconsistent with the values of the UW spirit program and department of athletics."

BECAUSE GOD FORBID THERE BE REQUIREMENTS FOR A PARTICULAR JOB

(P.S. See the image filename? That was the actual filename from People.com)
>>
That picture makes me proud to be a Washingtonian. To bad UW folded and took it down.
>>
Absolutely Harram
>>
no one wants to see a fat cheerleader
>>
>>72393520
Someone post that chick from the Milo event, shes probably the one who complained about this cheer poster
>>
>>72392838

>being physically fit isn't also a sign of ability

Bottom line for fatties, if you're able to do the moves well enough to be part of the squad, you're also going to be fit because of things like putting in time for practicing and conditioning required to do the moves in first place. God damn liberal unis, their pathetic student base and beta staff trigger me.
>>
>>72393520
Not to mention the danger fatties will bring to her teammates.
>>
File: future_UW_cheerteam.jpg (39 KB, 424x394) Image search: [Google]
future_UW_cheerteam.jpg
39 KB, 424x394
>>72392838
Next season
>>
File: Alabama State.jpg (39 KB, 575x201) Image search: [Google]
Alabama State.jpg
39 KB, 575x201
>>72393520
Black people do.
>>
>>72395132
Dodgeball is the GOAT movie
>>
>>72392838
>racist cheerleader

i wonder what would happen if these people actually encountered real racism instead of these racists phantoms they wear themselves out boxing against
>>
>>72395211
but that's intentional and they wanted that, they didn't try to force it down everyone's throats.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (12 KB, 246x245) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
12 KB, 246x245
btw that's the author of the article (and I suppose the filename as well)
>>
>>72395951
I expected something fatter and uglier, shes not hot but I'd bang her if she was 10/10 below the neck
>>
>>72395951
oy vey
>>
Hey, that's my University. I have to take a bullshit diversity course before I graduate and every option looks fucking awful.
>>
>>72395637
also accusations like this are a window into the mind of these people. the perceived racism has nothing to do with these posters, or even reality, but rather their own views of themselves. they feel subconsciously that they can't compete with the beauty of white people and are even ashamed on some level that they aren't white, and view all beauty as racism because its easier than loving themselves for who they are.

somehow this is beautiful peoples fault, never their own.
>>
This may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Obviously there's fashion requirements for their cheerleaders so why wouldn't they have similar requirements for their try-outs?
>>
>>72392838
Someone explain the difference between "cheer shoes" and "running shoes"
>>
Were the tattooed fatties going to apply to start with?
>>
Why do fucking niggers always ALWAYS try to make it about them

>Arrrrrrgggghhh Jill • 13 hours ago
Nothing offensive? It's subtly racist in that some of the "do's" are unrealistic for a black person to achieve. It overtly objectifies women, valuing their physical appearance over all else. And it excludes anyone who doesn't fit the poster's unrealistic standards. Plus, most of it has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to dance or cheer.
>>
>>72396091
her body may not be a mess but you can be sure her mind is
>>
>>72392838
>Change it to poster with ability requirements
>like omg this is so ableist
>>
>>72396511
>it has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to dance or cheer

That's why there are tryouts. Which is what the poster was for.

Take me now.
>>
>>72396718

This is some silly nigger in the comments section trying his absolute best to turn it into a racial thing. Although his comments make no logical sense.
>>
>>72396572
Having standards at all for anything is racist, sexist, and ableist.

That's why the US is crumbling. Take note from us, and never let this happen to your country. We will serve as the warning for everyone else. This is what happens when the kikes fully take over your nation.
>>
>>72392838
What would happen if they said that due to the physical aspects of the "sport", you had to be under 150 lbs, and be able to hold 75 lbs over your head?
>>
>>72395211
Actually that's a colorguard. Guard girls are notoriously ugly/fat. Ask anyone who has been in marching band.
>>
>>72396907
150 lbs is fucking fat
I'm weighing 60 as a man and I am not even super skinny. And then there's girls who weigh way less.
>>
>>72397284
I guesstimated to +3 sigma of the cheerleading population. 150 is pretty skinny if the girl is 6' you know.

There are certainly a set of the try out population that would lose the freshmen 15 from joining the team and exercisng, and they might currently be ~140 and slim down to ~120.
>>
>>72397206
This is factual.
>>
>>72397206
Can confirm
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.