[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
States are legalizing it. Its only a matter of time before it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12
File: 20160427_174701.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160427_174701.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
States are legalizing it.

Its only a matter of time before it is legalized on the federal level.

Why should one state have more freedom than another in regards to marijuana? Why should I not see it as just a plant?
>>
>Why should I not see it as just a plant?

It really is, at the end of the day, still a plant that's being prohibited. It will always be as crazy as it sounds.
>>
>>72378775
It's not just a plant, it's a fucking cult built around laziness, apathy, and escapism, read the Bible instead you lazy degenerate
>>
>>72378954
>it's a fucking cult

Stoner culture and the plant itself are not mutually exclusive. You need to stop thinking in memes, young man.
>>
>>72378954
SPBP
>>
>>72378954
>It's a fucking cult
>read the bible

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!
>>
Why dont ask these questions about coca and poppy
>>
>>72378954
>everyone who smokes weed is part of a stoner subculture
>I don't like something so make it illegal
>>
What are the chances it will be legalized in NY in the next couple of years?
>>
>>72379090
Because everybody knows those kill and create thieves.
>>
>>72378870
opium is just a plant too
>>
>>72378775

>united states is one sate

I cant.
>>
>>72379064
Shh, atheism is fedora now. Haven't you heard, goy?

>>72379090
>>72379172

Gladly. The reason I focus on marijuana legalization is because it's not on the agenda, however.
>>
>>72379090
We should. Prohibition never works. The only way to effectively prohibit use of a certain drug is to create such a stigma around it that virtually nobody would want to touch it and regulate it such that it's not readily available in high school hallways the way street drugs and illicitly obtained pharmaceuticals are.
>>
Legalizing cannabis completely would fuck the economy in the short term, lots of people would lose jobs due to hemp production. It's going to be a long gradual process
>>
>>72378999
I'm not meming faggot I was a stoner throughout high school and then I found out I have to stop being a piece of shit
>>
>>72378775
>Why should one state have more freedom than another in regards to marijuana?

Wow, that might be the worst slippery slope I've ever heard of.

Regardless, any regulations on victimless crimes are immoral.
>>
My coworker just got fired for smoking weed and getting a dirty test.

In California, in 2016. What the fuck man. Half the office smokes the weed.
>>
>>72378775
Do you go smoking every plant you see? Then we are discussing it as more than a plant. That argument is mute you degenerate.
>>
>>72378775
it is legal on the federal level, all you need is authorization from the federal government to possess it,
>>
>>72379152
Very few people would be killed by opioids if they were legal, and cocaine usage would be safer as well. Do you really think anybody who wants to shoot heroin stops and thinks "actually, you know what, this is illegal, never mind"? No, people who turn down heroin say "I'm not trying to ruin my fucking life". Prohibition simply does not work.
>>
File: 1459829117593.png (414 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
1459829117593.png
414 KB, 640x397
>>72378775
Please legalize it so everyone can fuck off.

t. Denver
>>
>>72379350
Feel bad for him if it's all legal in a year. At least he doesn't have a criminal record for it like thousands of others will this year though.
>>
>>72378775
Colorado is full of degenerates
source: I live here and am disgusted daily
>>
>>72379152
b-but from poppy you can make morfium what is a drug that uses every hospital, saving people from huge pain. ITS A MEDICINE BRO
>>
>>72379286
>lots of people would lose jobs due to hemp production
and many of those people would be the same people getting in on the new hemp production industry, not to mention the new industry that cultivation for recreational use would also create.
>>
There's been a huge spike in crime in Maryland due to their decriminalization of weed.

Cops used to pull black people over and 90% ofthe time they'd smell weed. So they;d then have the right to search them, and lo and behold they;d find guns or find out that someone in the car had a warrant. In this way, weed was as a way to lock up undeseriables. White people smoking in their houses don't get arrested for weed. Nigs with felonies driving with a broken taillight do.

See, our father's and grandfather's generation were smarter than us. They had several unspoken but powerful bulwarks against black people. Now we've removed one of those major defenses against the black hordes.

Think about this when your mom gets stabbed by some hoodrat who would've been arrested for weed the day before, had the laws not changed.
>>
>>72379090
Poppy is legal here as long as its not being "cultivated". As far as I know on commercial property it is labeled a noxious weed and is supposed to be destroyed. As long as it's on your property, with no cuts, its regulated less than cannabis. Albeit cultivated is a subjective term.
>>
File: 1459631455862.jpg (23 KB, 284x323) Image search: [Google]
1459631455862.jpg
23 KB, 284x323
>>72379476
I legit want to kill people daily. Where did they all come from? Especially the bums. What the fuck man.
>>
>>72379229

for personal use, there are little to no consequences and no one cares, the problems occur when people try to get rich from it, driving around with it, selling it by the pound
>>
>>72379172
But you can get poppies pretty easily, not saying it's easy to make heroin out of it but there's a tea that feels pretty good and is easy to make
>>
>>72379302
>IM AN UTTER DIPSHIT WHO OVERDID THE WEED AS A KID
I'm sorry you were unable to find a healthy balance, and can only compare the use of others to your childish excess.
>>
>>72379476
What part. 719 heer
>>
>>72379586
My roommates host an AirBnB in our house and about half of the people who stay here are weed tourists.
>>
File: kek.png (368 KB, 850x1040) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
368 KB, 850x1040
>>72379234
It would be propaganda. The best way to go about it is to allow society to decide for themselves. I feel that marijuana and alcohol will remain at the top.

>>72379302

>I was a stoner throughout high school and then I found out I have to stop being a piece of shit

So you're saying that all marijuana users are stoners? I should take the experiences of a highschooler over the many that didn't turn out a piece of shit?

>>72379350
That's another issue that I'm sure will slowly change. At the moment people have to resort to using drug tests. Lets hope they fight it every step of the way, or else you will have to deal with drug testing for decades to come before any change is underway.

>>72379367
Many kinds of plants have it's uses. Although I'm sure those are all "just a plant", and you selectively ignore that reasoning when it comes to marijuana. Am I a wrong fedora or did I hit the nail on the head? At the end of the day, it is still the prohibition of a plant.

There are other herbs that affect your mental state too, that are legal. For instance, salvia.

>>72379586
>>72379476

They're really just tourists and the problem is that they have to migrate for pot because their own states haven't legalized it. It's a strange situation.

>>72379568
Maybe they should focus on other aspects of nigger behavior. It's very unfortunate if marijuana was the most common denominator they had in catching dangerous niggers, but niggers don't determine the rights of others.
>>
Anybody remember reading Brave New World? Soma = weed. But yeah, light up a blunt and try not to thonk about the corruption that surrounds you in society. Keeps the burnouts nice and sedated.
>>
>>72379794
Jefferson Park, Denver. Hopefully moving to Highlands soon. I like this area, but want a better neighborhood. Sloan's Lake is p amazing
>>
>>72378775
Trump supports legalizing it for medicinal use
>>
>>72379734
yeah, mushrooms are fun too, so the whole its a plant argument doesn't fit ... it has to be justified, i.e. cannibis is healthier than say certain meds for psychosis
>>
>>72380019
Who would not? We already use heroin, opium, and cocaine for medical uses.
>>
I used CBD oil to help with chronic pain because I ran out of oxy.

But because of Texas, I can't see any pain management doctors until it's entirely out of my system. Pain management is the only doctor that can prescribe any opiates/heavy pain meds.

So I have a month of being able to do absolutely nothing, unable to leave my house simply because I have no way of managing my pain. A month where I can't work, a month where I can't do ANYTHING.

Drug laws in this country are ass backwards.
>>
File: 1435456961054.jpg (3 MB, 2265x3569) Image search: [Google]
1435456961054.jpg
3 MB, 2265x3569
It's just a plant, bro.
>>
Yeah man just smoke some weed and buy some Doritos(TM), be a good consumer now and don't forget to keep up on your Netflix (TM) payments
>>
>>72379963
Both neighborhoods are shit m8. Overpriced, shitbox tyvek wrapped condos and trendy restaurants.
>>
>>72378775
Authoritarian bootlicking white weenies BTFO

Now it's only a matter of time before we start legalizing other drugs to end cartels in mexico and gangs in the US faggottry'

Bible belt btfo
>>
>>72379927
>But yeah, light up a blunt and try not to thonk about the corruption that surrounds you in society. Keeps the burnouts nice and sedated.
>>72380279
>Yeah man just smoke some weed and buy some Doritos(TM), be a good consumer now and don't forget to keep up on your Netflix (TM) payments

Nonsense, I know plenty who do the opposite. I've had plenty of conversations with one of my buds on politics, for example. He's not a guy who just passively engages himself in it either. If you want to drown yourself from reality, that's fine, but that's just an option.

If you find yourself watching Netflix, eating Doritos, and being ignorant of the outside world after a toke, that's your prerogative. You definitely have the willpower to pick up a book if you truly wanted to.

>>72380079
But it is a plant. It has all kinds of uses, but it is always going to be just a plant that's being prohibited. Over in NZ you could find mushrooms growing wild in the bush. Controlling the sale of marijuana is one matter, but preventing and prohibiting the possession of the plant is ridiculous at this point. A large marijuana farm is never going to be allowed to legally pop up under everyone's noses.

>>72380277
It truly is.
>>
>>72378954
SECOND POST BEST POST

AMEN BROTHER

DRINKING BUD LIGHT AND READING THE GOSPEL TONIGHT

WEED IS FUCKING DEGENERATE
>>
>>72380583
>anecdotal evidence
cool story
>>
>>72380402

I can't imagine when we could ever legalize opium. We're still a nation that bans intoxicating plants after all. It's hard for others to grasp why someone should simply be allowed to grow and cultivate a plant if they wish.

>>72380768
>anecdotal evidence

This coming from this guy?
>>72379302
>I'm not meming faggot I was a stoner throughout high school and then I found out I have to stop being a piece of shit

There are far too many loud, chatty stoners talking about politics for anon's claim about laziness being anything other than anecdotal. Yours was as well.
>>
>>72378954
A buddy of mine is a school teacher and I used to get stoned with him all the time. We would smoke and hang out listening to music and talking about physics, space, history and misc nerd shit. People from all walks of life smoke, it's just the degenerates that give it a bad name.
>>
dude it's from the earth BRO
>>
>>72380951
I'm not giving any evidence in that, I was stating that my world view is not influenced purely by memes
You're shifting the argument, stay focused you burnout
>>
>>72381086
The degenerate don't give it a bad name. Lazy people are inherently harmless. The issue lies in those who will take their experiences and generalize the entire group based off of it. The people giving the bad name are those who assume every marijuana user is a stereotype.

>>72381189

It truly is. A plant's intoxication effects doesn't change the fact that it is still a plant that's being prohibited.
>>
File: tayne.gif (425 KB, 285x190) Image search: [Google]
tayne.gif
425 KB, 285x190
>>72381292

Stating your world view on marijuana is by a lazy over-indulgence of marijuana in high school isn't any better.
>>
>>72381189
Plugging your ears and shitposting memes
>>
>>72380397
where would you recommend? I'm trying to stay close to downtown-ish area. If anything, by a light rail station.
>>
>>72378775
The opium poppy is just a plant. Why can't states choose to have salts of coca leaf extract legalized?
>>
>>72381407
It isn't by my lazy overindulgence of weed
It's by the facts
The facts are that being high makes you lazy and dull and easily taken advantage of by corporations and the government
>>
>>72380951
Once legal marijuana settles in, it will be easier to prove that banning drugs like these is counter productive as fuck, not to mention that the state will enjoy reaping the taxes from businesses that make bank.

Of course, it might take a whole decade or two but at least it is possible.

I don't understand how people still support a system in which we throw bodies and money at a problem despite not being able to make a single dent on it.
>>
File: 1427477461935.jpg (61 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
1427477461935.jpg
61 KB, 500x424
>>72381741
source?
>>
>>72380079
mushrooms are very simple to grow but super illegal and will get you put in the ass slammer in the sates. especially if you get caught growing since you will have desiccant, scales, etc they will slam you with intent to sell which will really fuck you over.

>>72380583
mushrooms grow wild in the states as well, they grow all over the place the only thing is knowing which ones are poisonous and which ones aren't, sometimes it's very hard to tell.

I don't think hallucinogens could ever be legalized unless they synthetically take out the hallucinogenic part like they were doing with lsd to use to treat cluster headaches. Studies have also shown that hallucinogens help with ptsd and mental illness, but it can also be the breaking point for someone halfway off their rocker. I'm sure everyone here has heard or knows someone that dropped too much acid and now walks around town talking to their coffee cup.
>>
File: 1427322996452.jpg (123 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1427322996452.jpg
123 KB, 720x480
>>72381779
all united states policy is, at heart, geared towards excusing and enabling the CIA and the Pentagon to use the world as their playground
>>
>>72381845
I did my first degree in Biology and I had plenty of discourse with women who were going into Dietician majors. The things they suggested always conflicted with my understanding of biological mechanisms. Since then I always thought being a dietician was a farcical career.
>>
>>72378775
All drugs should be legal.
>>
>>72378775
I just don't care about weed. It's about as bad for you as alcohol, so treat it about the same.

I wonder if full legalization really will put a dent into drug cartels. Wouldn't they just shift more heavily to cocaine and other harsher drugs?
>>
>>72381963
oh wow really, mushrooms pop up all over the place here in season, I used to eat a few each day walking to university
>>
>>72378775
>more freedom

It isn't any more or less free as the majority of a state can decide if they want it to remain illegal or not.

Just because they aren't coerced into your viewpoint doesn't make them less free. I'm not even an American and O can fathom that.

Man I wish I American, working the border patrol....... life sure would be sweet.
>>
>>72381688
they should

though, that would not be good for law enforcement budgets, the military industrial complex, cops who seize cash, the government apparatuses who intrude your freedoms for fear of drug trafficking, constitution free zones, the prison industry, and a whole lot of nice people
>>
>>72382107
i know some really well-informed dieticians, but there will always be people in the world that choose a career solely because it will put them in a better position to justify their retarded habits
>>
>>72381845
That's what weed does you fucking idiot. If you smoke meth you're going to be up for days and really amped up, if you smoke weed you're going to be lazy and stupid.
>>
>>72381741
>The facts are that being high makes you lazy and dull and easily taken advantage of by corporations and the government

Not in my case. You just lacked the willpower to get off your ass when you were high, and that's your problem. You can take a hike in the woods after a toke, stay away from Doritos and television, and feel just fine. There's nothing marijuana does that forces you to be submissive. If you were like that when you were high, that's a problem for you to figure out.

>>72381963
The government trying to save idiots from themselves are affecting those who would benefit from the dignity of choosing for themselves, and the benefits of researching these drugs to begin with. It's unfortunate.

>>72382129
Until those are legalized. Marijuana is a huge business and cutting into their marijuana business IS a huge loss on the cartels.

>>72382167

Look at California. A majority of the population voted for their 2nd amendment rights to be watered down. A populace of idiots can vote their rights away, easilly.
>>
natural cure for depression

I was down and out the last two weeks, just smoked some an hour ago and suddenly a great burden is lifted
>>
File: 1425074517433.png (389 KB, 534x456) Image search: [Google]
1425074517433.png
389 KB, 534x456
>>72382237
source is...anecdotal "evidence"?
>>
>>72382265
And they were free to do so.

And they can vote it back.

As they are free to do that too.
>>
I lost my job for pissing hot today now I'm probably going to sell drugs fuck the system and Jews with their stupid drug test I don't get why it's so taboo to be a semi driver and smoke a little weed
>>
>>72382291
Sounds like a dependence. Some would even say an addiction.
>>
>>72382227
It was almost silly how these women were suggesting full on retard diets, arguing with me that carbs and fat are absolutely terrible and undesirable in any amount, among other nonsense.
>>
File: 1424828435428.jpg (866 KB, 1224x814) Image search: [Google]
1424828435428.jpg
866 KB, 1224x814
>>72382444
>truck driver

you lost your job because you boof chinese amphetamines, not because you smoked a joint at that Jon Anderson concert you caught in Raleigh last september
>>
>>72382265
More anecdotal evidence. Even if you aren't full of shit, which you are, we're thinking about how it affects groups of people. Meth might be pretty great for Johnny the meth head because it makes him focused and enegetic, but I don't see anybody pretending like meth is a miracle drug.
>>
>>72379090

To be fair, there is nothing you can do to weed to turn it into highly addictive and life threatening drug.

Chewing Coca is fine but people will just turn it to coke and then crack.

I don't know if poppy can be used in plant form for anything.
>>
>>72382367
That's not anecdotal evidence you stoned retard.
>>
>>72382444
Here, if you get swabbed with it in your system in a random breath test/random drug test (road blocks set up to test drivers) you get fined and lose your license.

It's why I quit weed months ago, been getting regular haircuts. It's just not worth it. But I guess I don't mind following the law since I'm not a nigger.
>>
Keep going USbros. he only way for the UK to legalise it is if you do it first.

We can't have an original thought of our own in this country.
>>
>>72382749
He was asking you if your source is anecdotal evidence because you've given no sources and seem to associate everyone who smokes weed with a stoner stereotype.

But he's the idiot, right.
>>
>>72382767
Yeah they told me I have to go to two months of rehab, pay 2k and submit to random tests often fucking kikes are behind this I know it
>>
>>72378775
Because that's what states want, to make their own laws. That's why places like Utah can ban drugs (tobacco and alcohol included) and pornography while others can enjoy true freedom. The majority of federal laws against drugs have a racist origin anyways and those laws should be abolished. Opium was anti-chink Marijuana anti-spic. When they tried to take the alcohol from white people, white people turned into criminals and just kept making and smuggling it. If you get caught with cocaine you get less jail than crack etc.
People are going to do whatever they feel they need to, to cope with life. Drug use is a symptom of a problem, and rather than dealing with the problem we just criminalize people. Sure there will always be idiots that take drugs to an extreme just because, and I feel fine those retard fucks die off. But for others (prescription medicine addiction is now in the uprise with whites) we must tackle the problem at the source. If you believe in freedom then you must let people chose what they put into their bodies. Either way we are paying for the consequences.
>>
>>72383031
I work for a finance company and deal with transactions in the hundreds of thousands all day
They don't test shit here. Sucks my man.
>>
>>72383090
Someone has been listening to Biggest Problem in the Universe
>>
>>72382919
Why can't you understand the difference between demographics and individuals you nigger
Oh yeah because you're a stoned faggot

Which reminds me of another point, if it's "just a plant lol" then why is it so fucking important for you people to get it legalized, it's just a stupid plant
Oh yeah because you guys worship it and you want your cult to be decriminalized
>>
>>72383123
That's what I'm saying I'm 21 and only making ~50k a year meanwhile people making 300k+ go to work fucked up all the time I never go to work high might just go back to college
>>
>>72383451
>Why can't you understand the difference between demographics and individuals you nigger
The whole point is that you have no source to indicate that what you claim exists as a general trend amongst people who happen to smoke weed. Hence the other poster asking you if your source is anecdotal evidence. You seem to be pretty bad at reading comprehension, worse than a typical stoned person for sure.

>if it's "just a plant lol" then why is it so fucking important for you people to get it legalized, it's just a stupid plant
Because since it's "just a plant" there's no reason to waste countless billions of dollars trying to ban it and ruin hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the process.

>Oh yeah because you guys worship it and you want your cult to be decriminalized
Now you're just being stupid. Do you get outside much?
>>
>>72383451
Don't you have a motorbike to work on?
>>
>>72378775
>Why should one state have more freedom than another in regards to marijuana?

Because that's how states work dummy. You should know better.

Also I'm more excited for medical legalization for the sick people than recreational legalization
>>
Any PA bros in here? I heard the medical program only allows topical oils or something. I was maybe going to get it for my colitis, is this true though?
>>
>>72378954

Amen. Doing God's work anon.

t. Ex-Stoner. It really is no good
>>
>>72383897
Your sheer level stupidity is really getting on my nerves. Weed has certain effects. Weed has common effects for everybody, it's not random. Weed makes people stupid and lazy. Weed smokers as a demographic partake in an act that makes them stupid and lazy. Your anecdotal evidence bullshit doesn't fly.

It's just a stupid plant. Why do people go and ruin their lives for a temporary buzz from a stupid plant. Nobody would get arrested if nobody smoked weed.
>>
>>72378954

>Weed is a cult
>Christianity is not

Wew lad.
>>
File: 1460134243962.jpg (62 KB, 412x600) Image search: [Google]
1460134243962.jpg
62 KB, 412x600
>>72382636
>that red nose
>>
>>72378775
i've stopped weed degeneracy.. but that weed looks fucking disgusting. that bit to the high left is all brown and dried up. useless stuff. chuck it.
>>
File: niggest.jpg (42 KB, 390x562) Image search: [Google]
niggest.jpg
42 KB, 390x562
>>72380234
as a current chronic pain patient in arizona that has his mmj card and 90 perocet/a month script....

.....you are the one who fucked up. you knowingly consumed cannabis well aware of the fact that pain management centers piss test all patients to try to root out drug abusers.

why did you have to go to weed? because you gobbled up your script, didnt you.

thats on you fucboi. gobble up those opiods, run out too soon to refill, decide to use some weed to fill the time in between, then bitch that "oh man these laws fucked me!!! now my own personal choice!!!"

get real with yourself dude.
>>
>>72384667
>Weed has certain effects. Weed has common effects for everybody, it's not random. Weed makes people stupid and lazy. Weed smokers as a demographic partake in an act that makes them stupid and lazy.
Source?

>Your anecdotal evidence bullshit doesn't fly.
So you're telling me that you're right and you don't have to provide sources? And I'm the stupid person here?

>Why do people go and ruin their lives for a temporary buzz from a stupid plant.
You think weed ruins people's lives? Are you serious?

>Nobody would get arrested if nobody smoked weed.
This argument can be used to justify literally any law you could conceive of.

I'm starting to wonder if you're just a troll; your inability to comprehend anything anybody tells you is astounding.
>>
>>72385349
No your inability to comprehend is astounding. The simple fact of the matter is you're like most people and don't want to accept the truth if it gets in the way of your tingles. Maybe someday you will grow out of it, but I've learned to be pessimistic in this regard. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you die.
>>
>>72386110
>The simple fact of the matter is you're like most people and don't want to accept the truth if it gets in the way of your tingles
If your claims are true then why can't you provide an iota of evidence therefor? If weed makes you lazy and stupid then why is it readily apparent to anybody reading this that I'm more intelligent than you by several orders of magnitude?

>Maybe someday you will grow out of it, but I've learned to be pessimistic in this regard.
Really? You come across as underage to me.

>Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you die.
No fun allowed, right?
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.