[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bernies Sanderopoulos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 584x158) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21 KB, 584x158
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 552x126) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 552x126
>>72343139
>>
>>72343139

He knows how to appeal to his base.

People think an education, which is an end goal in itself, should also grant them "rewards." What does this mean? Jobs, I think. But the way it's worded helps him have that Santa Claus appeal. It works on a very basic psychology level.
>>
If those retards don't want debt they shouldn't get a retarded degree in diversity of gender and women's studies.
>>
>>72343139
People are rewarded with high paying jobs.
>>
File: Autism Speaks.jpg (149 KB, 439x594) Image search: [Google]
Autism Speaks.jpg
149 KB, 439x594
>>72343139
Nothing.
>>
>>72343139
>rewarded for going to school and doing busy work
Sorry, I'm in college and believe in all that is good about education, but you're a fucking idiot if you think this requires any reward other than letting me put my skills to use in the work force.
>>
>>72343749
You're making an awful lot of assumptions about a large number of people. The only pot of gold people expect at the end of a continued education is lucrative employment dipshit.
>>
Don't take the loan.
>>
Bernie is going to hold his supporters for ransom until Hillary promises to go extreme left.

Very bad news for Hillary, America is sick of the left.
>>
>>72344200
You're making an awful lot of assumptions about an awful lot of people boyo. Try actually learning things from real world people instead of memes before attempting to argue about them.
>>
I'm pretty sure that I was rewarded with the well paying job that my engineering degree and certifications qualified me for.
>>
>>72344796

That's what I said. Jobs.

but he talks of a "reward." It's a marketing trick to appeal to his gibsmedat base.

Rewards sound better than jobs to the lazy.
>>
>>72343749

LOL! Wrong. I am a Bernie Sanders supporter. I have a degree. I have no debt. Education to me isn't about getting a job. It's about creating a knowledgeable, well rounded population.

Out of all of Bernie's proposals, I don't understand how universal education is somehow the most extreme. We are stupid as fuck for not encouraging everyone in our country to get educated. Public education is one of the decisions that put America above all other countries.

An intelligent population is good for everything across the board: economy, health and wellness, government decisions, voter turnout, etc.
>>
>>72345620

Public education should be VOLUNTARY and should reflect the job market, i.e. concentrating on trades.

Libertarianism will fix schools. Making higher education "free" isn't the answer, because there is no free.
>>
>>72345620

>An intelligent population is good for everything across the board: economy, health and wellness, government decisions, voter turnout, etc.
Not when universities exist for little more than pushing Marxist ideology.
>>
>>72343139
They are rewarded by having their precious status symbol that says they are "superior" and "educated".
>>
>>72345620
>It's about creating a knowledgeable, well rounded population.

What this always means is "making people more leftist".

Fuck your dishonestly faggot.
>>
>>72345620
Bullshit degrees dont help your argument friendo.
>>
>>72345620
>thinks more public education will mitigate stupidity
u fokin wot m8
>>
>>72343139
It's irrelevant.
Kike is out, no one cares for what he has to say now.
>>
File: Zyclon B time.jpg (8 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Zyclon B time.jpg
8 KB, 230x230
>>72345620
Guess who is getting gassed first under Emperor Trump, faggot.
>>
>>72343139

>What did he mean by this?
More nigger in college/uni paid for by the state ofc.
>>
People should get a REAL Education then

You have to decide to spend $100,000 to have some guy tell you that you have privilege and talk about trigger warnings

But then such people spend their time finding things to offend them than actually learning

People who got a real Education then went and got real jobs and so dont want to give all their money away, so Bernie cant appeal to them
>>
>>72343139
Having to pay for stuff you buy is punishment. So you should just steal it.
>>
Who else /convinced/ the only way to reduce the price of college is to ovens all the SJW students and professors?
>>
>>72343139
>Sanderopoulos
I am in tears

He literally meant:
>please US, you need to be more like Greece where college is free and once students graduate they serve souvlaki and frape or in this case, they flip burgers at McDonalds and complain the wages are too low.
>>
>>72343139
It means that you shouldn't have to work your ass off for a degree only to be fucked for years afterwards by debt.
>>
>>72345034
Not an argument. People with marketable degrees who get real jobs and make actual money don't complain about this issue anywhere near as much as retards with liberal arts or ethnic studies degrees
>>
You pay for service.

Education is a service.

Services are easily more successful in free markets.
>>
>>72346748
You don't have to, nobody forces these idiots to take out these loans. They sign contracts acknowledging they understand what they're getting into.
>>
File: 1460920460041.jpg (42 KB, 720x638) Image search: [Google]
1460920460041.jpg
42 KB, 720x638
>>72345620
You're absolutely right about creating a well rounded population. Education is good for society and an intelligent population is a good thing.

However I would say that taking out a loan and being responsible with that loan is one of the most important life lessons someone can receive. Millennials need to learn that progression in life isn't free or easy.

Besides free college doesn't improve a society because it lowers learning standards. It has to otherwise it wouldn't be free and not everyone could complete it.

>>72343139
If you accumulate more than $100k in student loan debt (for undergrad, since this is all Bernie is proposing to pay for) you are legitimately retarded and a free education would be a waste of tax payer money.
>>
>>72345620

The educational system is worthless and is not creating smarter people. The fact that you have a degree and are a Bernie Sanders supporter proves this.
>>
>>72343139
Hopefully he meant the federal government and state run schools are in cahoots to create a class of indentured servants with predatory lending by the gov and the uni's pushing people into expensive degrees that cant pay for themselves post academia.
>>
File: UNISG_01.jpg (89 KB, 690x310) Image search: [Google]
UNISG_01.jpg
89 KB, 690x310
>>72343139
>100k
c'mon this cannot be fucking real, I refuse to believe an average college students needs 100k to pay for his education, I mean an elite private university in my country costs less than 15k a year with all books included for fuck sake, it's a fucking castle.
>>
>>72347758
my shitty state school nobody has ever heard of costs around $20k/yr if you include living costs.
>>
>>72347758
nice
>>
>>72347934
mine costs 6k per year and it looks like shit
but public universities are free
>>
>>72348017
>public universities are free
by the way public universities exist here (they're the majority actually) too but aren't completely free, they cost based on a % of your whole family income, but it's relatively cheap and probably less than 1k yuros a year for 99% of people, though you've to buy the books on your own.
>>
>>72348017
It's not free.
>>
>>72347758
The range isn't too far off actually. but keep in mind that we're taxed significantly less than you all. I'd like to see the real cost of europoor education vs Amerikek desu.
>>
>>72345620
>universal education
You always have the internet, and in many cases self-taught people are way more intelligent than """"""""respectable university"""""""" students
Don't americans have public school though?
>>
>>72345620

The government can only make sure more people set foot in a higher educational institution. It can't guarantee that they'll take away anything useful from it, it absolutely can't guarantee it will make them more intelligent, and there's diminishing returns to the spending.

There's just as much reason for a government to provide free education, as there is to provide guaranteed employment, free homes, food, water, clothes, internet etc, by the time you're there your whole economy is fucked.
>>
I'm 99% Bernie spends all day reading tweets and facebook pictures, then makes up policies/statements based around them.
>>
>>72345620
People already go to school for TWELVE YEARS, how is that NOT universal education? If 12 years of public education isn't good enough, why do you think 4 years of college will fix it? Why not try fixing the 12 years people already take?
>>
>>72345756

Why should it focus on trades? Why not focus on things we have a better comparative advantage in? Is math too hard for you?
>>
Universities are an absolute joke nowadays, even the elite ones, and I think it will just get worse.

If I had kids I would tell them to strongly consider other options.
>>
>>72348901
>we're taxed significantly less than you all
I don't know about that, this is the current rates:

>IRPEF 0% for pensioners of age 75 and below, who take up to 7.500 euros
>IRPEF 0% for pensioners of age 75 and above, who take up to 7.750 euros
>IRPEF 0% for employees who earn below 8.000 euros
>IRPEF 0% for self employed workers who make below 4.800 euros
>IRPEF 23% up to 15.000 euros
>IRPEF 27% from 15.001 to 28.000 euros
>IRPEF 38% from 28.001 to 55.000 euros
>IRPEF 41% from 55.001 to 75.000 euros
>IRPEF 43% above 75.000 euros

http://redazione.finanza.com/2015/05/06/irpef-2015-aliquote-scaglioni-7302015/
>>
>>72345620

>It's about creating a knowledgeable, well rounded population.

Putting everyone into college is not how you create a well rounded population. America already has a problem with overeducation, if anything. Not enough people go to trade school and there's not enough jobs for highly educated people.

There has to be some sort of drawback to attending college, and countries with free tuition tend to do it with much lower acceptance rates. American colleges can't both give free tuition and take in everyone that wants to go. Guess which one retarded liberals would rather give up?
>>
State schools cost 10,000 a year, get scholarships if you are in financial need and get that number to zero or close.
>>
>>72343139
Well basically he means that government should encourage people to seek for higher level education and he is correct. As automation technology progresses more and more people will lose their jobs to machines. This will pretty much lead to exponential spike in unemployment especially among the least educated.

The new jobs that will emerge from this will have very high levels of entry and are not generally positions that you can (or want to) just teach to some replaceable average Joe in a week or two.

Shit will get interesting when technology will take the globalization for a spin and replace sweatshops and cheap labor from whatever third world countries they are now.
>>
>>72343139
He means you should pay your denbts, Greece.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.