[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never seen this debated on this board, probably because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 45thpresident.jpg (641 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
45thpresident.jpg
641 KB, 2000x1000
I have never seen this debated on this board, probably because it's such a vague and broad term. But I want your opinion /pol/ on this question.

Is being nationalist a good or bad thing?
>>
>>72336324
Ask the roman empire
>>
Capitalism only works when everyone works in their own best interest
>>
Little bit of column A, little bit of column B. It all depends.

You'll likely have high interest in protecting your country and its people, but at the same time you'll try and justify everything that your country has done, whether good or bad. When it comes down to it, you can't fix the problems in your own country if you don't recognize the faults it has in the first place
>>
If your nation and people are shit, like for example some nigger country then its kinda stupid tobjust take priede in your name but its even still beautiful
>>
>>72336577
Too drunk dont read my rxtk
>>
Depends on the context of the word. There is nothing wrong with having pride in your nation. Having pride in your nation doesn't mean you have be either left or right.
>>
Nationalism is good in times like these.

There is a very dangerous threat of islamic terrorists. A desire to stand by and protect your nation is vital right now.

If it were a time that was much more peaceful than nationalism is pointless as progression is the goal.
>>
File: 1452705226684.gif (263 KB, 600x304) Image search: [Google]
1452705226684.gif
263 KB, 600x304
A great thing.
>>
>>72336704
>being like sweden is a good thing
No fuck off, nationalism is ALWAYS a good thing.

A country with no nationalism is a dead one.
>>
>>72337007
Sweden was fine until the legitimate threat of an Islamic takeover of Europe.

Clearly I said this is a time to have strong nationalistic intentions. Creating stronger bonds and progressing is a very good idea when the world isn't a shithole like it is right now.
>>
File: ironguard.jpg (173 KB, 800x776) Image search: [Google]
ironguard.jpg
173 KB, 800x776
>>72336324

Patriotism, loving one’s country, one’s homeland, one’s people, is perfectly good and fine and accepted by the Church. In fact, there are many saints who are quite patriotic and quite lovers of their homeland—even defending their homeland against invaders, against nonbelievers. And so certainly, phyletism is not loving one’s people, one’s country, one’s homeland. There’s nothing wrong with that. So when people express great love for their homeland or their country, one should not misunderstand them and confuse their love for something which it is not, that is phyletism.

Now phyletism is also not a strong, healthy self-identity—that is as a Greek or Russian or Serbian or American. It’s perfectly good and healthy to have a proper self-identity. I am a part of this people, which call themselves Hellenists or Russians or Serbians or what it might be, and I’m very happy to be a part of this group, a part of this nation. And certainly we have an example of the Jewish people, the people of God in the Old Testament. They certainly were not shy about their identity and about expressing their identity as the people of God.

Phyletism is not having reservations about multinational unions, globalization, European Unions, North American Unions, international groups which seemingly subvert local governments. Phyletism is not even the desire to get out of these groups; it is not to be seen as something negative. In fact, the Church has always held a somewhat reserved and even a negative stance toward such developments seeing in them, precursors to the “man of iniquity,” the Antichrist.

So phyletism is not a zeal for one’s autonomy, the country’s autonomy from these multinational, international, organizations. There’s nothing all that virtuous in uniting the nations under one government. That’s not something the Church should see automatically as something good.
>>
I've always viewed it as inherently a good thing, of course at it's extremes it's harmful.

But I whenever I hear someone is against it i've never really gotten an in depth argument for their reasons.

Is there an at least decent article on why nationalism is a bad thing so I can challenge my opinion?
>>
Nationalism is good but only if you're part of that nation's inherent demographic

For Americans, if you're not a protestant anglo you were basically a nigger and should be eradicated, even if you're more white than a fucking Norwegian

I'm all for nationalism, hell I even served in the US Army, but I can never call myself a patriot. I'd be extremely nationalistic if America was primarily my own ethnicity, but it isn't. I'm not anglo, therefore I see no passionate tie for them.
>>
>>72336324
Is it a good thing to look out for yourself or should you rely in the goodwill of every gypsy?
>>
>>72336457
FPBP
>>
Eco-ethnonationalism is god tier
>>
>>72336577
Don't tell me who to reply to. Honestly you can't have nationalism without a good economy so yah you're kinda right. But at the moment the economy can support it the people need to jump at it right away before it's taken over by globalists
>>
>>72336324
Nationalism, no matter which kind of, causes leftist and establishment butthurt everywhere in the world (including mine), so I guess it's a good thing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.