[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /pol/ concerned about the growing islamist presence in yemen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 16
File: 2000px-Yemeni_Civil_War.svg.png (397 KB, 2000x1306) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Yemeni_Civil_War.svg.png
397 KB, 2000x1306
Everyone is always talking about isis in syria and iraq but I fear in the not too distant future everyone will be talking about how libya and yemen fell to isis/al-qaeda.
>>
File: 2000px-Libyan_Civil_War.svg.png (383 KB, 2000x1917) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Libyan_Civil_War.svg.png
383 KB, 2000x1917
Pic of growing isis presence in libya.
>>
>>72307150
it's mainly al-qaeda in yemen, they have strong local support as well. I don't know how well we can stop every islamist threat that pops up in the world 2bh, it seems like the number of countries with islamist insurgencies just keeps rising and rising
>>
The Houthis are the good guys in this

The whole Civil War started when Shillary disenfranchised them from a Democratic election (They were literally allowed to vote for only one pro Saudi candidate thanks to her)

If the (SHia) Houthis get control of Yemen they will naturally kick out the (Sunni) Al-Qaeda members
>>
>>72307320
>The Houthis are the good guys in this
nice meme but they're just shia islamists
>>
>>72307252
But they mainly pop up in countries which are already undergoing a civil war with the exception of iraq and nigeria.
To me the solution seems to be to prevent civil war in arab countries.
>>
>>72307348
At least those islamist's are different from the bog standard al-qaeda offshoot.
>>
>>72307348
>Islamists

they have no connection to the Wahhabism though which is the real problem in the middle east.

The Saudi Wahhabists invading the country now (because Obama has to pander to them after hte Iran deal) are of course also the ones financing Al-Qaeda in Yemen, which is the reason why the US is bombing Yemen, which is the reason Houthis are so pissed off to begin with.

This whole problem goes back to Sunni Wahhabism, and 'not' the Shia Houthis.
>>
File: 1457790863259.jpg (180 KB, 649x836) Image search: [Google]
1457790863259.jpg
180 KB, 649x836
>>72307475
inb4 Saudi apologists
>>
>>72307569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=staMI7DoO-E
>>
>>72307475
>islamism is only wahhabism
this is a true meme, islamism is just the manifestation of the political side of islam, islamism has existed since long before wahhab was even born

>>72307425
this makes no difference if you dislike islamism

>>72307353
how? civil wars are a result of internal and external actions, even if you end external actions from our side, other groups will still intervene, as well as internal turmoil
>>
>>72307740
>external actions
How about instead of external countries supporting civil war they work to suppress it?
>>
File: 1421113314085.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1421113314085.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>72307740
Like I said, Wahhabism is the real problem in the middle east, and the Houthis aren't Wahhabists.

The Houthis main problem is that they have been excluded from political representation by Shillary's foreign policy decision (much like the Iranians were excluded from political representation in Iran before the Revolution)
>>
>>72307884
every country has their own interests to pursue anon, sometimes civil war helps them (for instance if the rebels are their allies while the regime is their enemy)
>>
Also worrying is the increasing control of the taliban and isis in afghanistan.
>>
>>72307972
well an iranian proxy on the border of saudi arabia is kind of a problem

to me it seems you have made up your mind about whose "side" you are on, and judge people accordingly
>>
>>72307972
Are his eyes still looking around???
>>
>>72308084

There is an ethnic divide in Yemen and if one side does not have any political representation then there will naturally be conflict

This exact same thing is the reason for the ongoing conflict in Iraq (which Hillary also helped to extend by backing a Pro Shia Iranian anti Sunni PM)

If you are going to ignore the ethnic issue in the Middle East then you deserve the mess that it's currently in.

This isn't about Iran (as the US has been bizarrely backing Iran's takeover of Iraq for the last decade) it's about diffusing ethnic conflict.
>>
Where is the one where Saudi have OK men to eat their wives in extreme hunger?
>>
>>72308214
Yep
>>
>>72308249
Ah well I agree, this point was considerably more nuanced than your previous positions.

The only problem is that the region does not seem to be favorable towards democracy, if you have actual democratic elections, they might just elect islamists depending on who is in the majority (i.e. Iraq elects Shia islamists, while yemen elects sunnis). Egypt is a decent example of this, the Muslim brotherhood was heading to a tyranny of the majority in regards to the christians becoming second class citizens

On top of that, there doesn't seem to be any kinship between the different sectarian groups, making it difficult to foster national unity that goes above religious and ethnic identity.

what do you propose then? redrawing of the borders?
>>
>>72307238
They've been losing a lot of land in Iraq and Syria, but I have been watching the Libya map over the post few weeks and they have grown and expanded outwards.
>>
>>72308503
Mainly at the expense of the """"""""moderate"""""""" islamist's too.
I guess those allegations of harboring extremist's turned out to be true after all.
>>
File: Iraq_war_map.png (952 KB, 3360x3438) Image search: [Google]
Iraq_war_map.png
952 KB, 3360x3438
Iraq and syria are probably the only sunny spots in the fight against terrorism.
>>
File: 1280px-Syrian_civil_war.png (776 KB, 1280x1078) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Syrian_civil_war.png
776 KB, 1280x1078
syria map
>>
>>72308450
>favorable towards democracy

Ethnic representation is not the same as a democracy. Muslim countries seem to prefer rule by Imams, scholars, or strongmen to democracy as long as those people "represent" their ethnic interests to an extent.

>the Muslim brotherhood was heading to a tyranny

Egypt is currently a tyranny unless you think Sisi killing thousands of people, and jailing thousands without trial is "democratic."

as for the protection of minorities it's the Iranian aligned Syrian dictator Assad (a minority himself) that is protecting minorities from the rampaging Sunni Wahhabists like ISIS backed by Saudi Arabia and the gulf states who want to massacre all the Christians, Druze, etc

So if you really care about stopping conflict in the middle east the first step is to end the ideology that calls for war and conquest and destroying all those who differ from your specific subset of Islam (Wahhabism)
>>
File: 1447949810450.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1447949810450.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>72308214
I don't know
>>
>>72307150
>islamist

Fuck your Newspeak, they are muslims.
>>
>>72309122
Hot damn, those Syrian Kurds know how to take it to them.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.