[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /pol/'s opinion on depression? Is it real or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160428-015338.png (990 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160428-015338.png
990 KB, 1080x1920
What's /pol/'s opinion on depression?
Is it real or is it just a meme disease created by the Jews to medicate the masses?
>>
It's a I don't want to kill myself but I wish I never lived in the first place kind of feel
>>
It's a lack of purpose.
Do you know many religious fanatics suffering from depression?
Without faith, it is extremely hard to have a purpose.
>>
>>72301910
It's a neurological disorder caused by lack of dopamine rewards for accomplishing things.
>>
>>72301910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHMseaLy88
>>
>>72302358

Nice hypothesis Dr. Sheckelberg. When do you publish the results of your study?
>>
>>72302572
>>
>>72302572
not to jump on the tumblr mental illness train, but it wouldn't be a lie if it didn't run genetically through families
>>
>>72302726

so what is the baseline range of dopamine in the brain for someone to be considered 'normal' and what deviation is considered depressed?

Also, if this has can be measured for diagnosis and treatment, why isn't there an objective medical test for depression?
>>
>>72302485
The better song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a8eyCBQ1sI
>>
>>72301910
Just cheer up, m8, just stop being depressed.
>>
>>72301910
i think it's a product of leading an unsatisfying life with no readily obvious escape route.

like in a perfect world you'd start to get depressed and you'd find something new to do with your life but for a lot of people that's not an option so they sink deeper and deeper until they're totally numb.
>>
Depression is for weak minded faggots.
>>
>>72301910
Real but also meme.
>>
>>72301910
It's real, but it could be solved by a more closely knit community.

It's a lack of proper or rewarding social interaction, or gratification in pursuits.

Taking pills isn't going to solve the problem, only make you deaf to the sirens.
>>
>>72302882

Which gene?
>>
File: Tao.jpg (177 KB, 890x921) Image search: [Google]
Tao.jpg
177 KB, 890x921
>>72301910
Find your zen.
>>
>>72301910

It's real, but the vast majority of the time it can be fixed through changing your situation, cutting rubbish from your diet (sugar, alcohol etc), and exercising.

It has become a meme through weak people abusing it to seek attention or get a free pass from responsibilities. Some people really do suffer from it, but now it is worse for them because self absorbed dickheads have made a mockery of it. As time goes on it will be taken less seriously.
>>
>>72301910

It's just lazy fucks who failed life and still live in parents' basement
>>
>>72301910
Its real, but its also a symptom of our increasingly isolated society. If we had more friends, more family etc we could lean on them when we get sad and they could help pick us up.

Instead we just mope all alone by ourselves, with our TV and our internet, vidya etc.

Even rich people aren't always free from this sort of life
>>
>>72302946
>objective medical test

>give antidepressants, if no longer depressed, test is positive
>>
File: 1bc.png (95 KB, 626x754) Image search: [Google]
1bc.png
95 KB, 626x754
Depression is simply the inability to cope. Psychology quackery treat it like it's not within the bounds of medical science but it's just the other side of the coin of 'egotism' as they call it.

Medications just mask the symptoms not cure the 'disease'. Taking it is tantamount to an addict getting his fix.

Try acquiring and/or actually practice religion. It's a cheaper alternative to psycho therapy. Participate in charity work, etc.

Even those religious nutjobs who blows themselves up are happier albeit being angry than those with lack/absence of belief in a divine father figure.
>>
>>72306336
>accuses other people of inability to cope

>needs an imaginary sky daddy to function in life
>>
>>72301910
90% of the depression cases are self diagnosed bullshit made by edgy faggots who are sad because they didn't get the girl they liked or the car they wanted, sucks for the other 10%
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.