[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /pol/'s thoughts on the concept of "gentrification"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 470x313
What are /pol/'s thoughts on the concept of "gentrification" and the backlash towards it?
>>
Pardon me, but what the fuck is gentrification?
>>
>>72286686

Love it, look up Asbury Park, NJ. Early 20th century it was one of the greatest places to live and visit, then niggers happened. Now it's being hit with gentrification. Hard. I can now go there and walk through town without seeing 30 Crack heads and worrying about getting mugged.

Gentrification is a godsend
>>
>>72286686

Blacks move in, House prices drop, Whites move out.

"White Flight. RAYCISS!!! Muh oppression."

Whites move in. House prices go up, Blacks move out.

"Gentrification. RAYCISS!!!! Muh oppression"
>>
>>72286686
Same shit different Epoch
>whites move into shit and nothing
>create civilization
>shitskins act like shits shitskins bitch and cry
>whites leave
>shitskins happy reduce civilization to shit and nothing
>repeat
>>
I don't mind that you guys want to use us to test public opinion, but please don't just spam the same thread over and over again. It shits up the board and ruins the thing you're trying to get a reading on.
>>
>>72286892
This though.

Victimhood mentality is a hell of a drug.
>>
It depends on perspective and how it is done.

If it is done organically as the result of normal market forces then I am usually fine with it as long as they don't start with bullshit ordinances and other shit just meant to harass anyone who does not fit what they are going for.

When it is done through shady backroom deals, corruption, lies, and fraud to screw over poor people then I get pretty pissed about it.

Sucks for the old poor people that lived there their whole lives ether way.
And I hate when the new shit they put up is ugly as fuck.
But other then that, the free market should be the main driver.
>>
>>72287966
So basically you like normal capitalism and hate crony capitalism?

Wow, what amazing political theory there Rousseau. Never heard that before.
>>
>>72286833
Where we reclaim US cities from the niggers.

>imagine the ghetto
>now the edges of it are bought and sold to hipsters
>they build coffee shops and vegan yoga centers, and generally drive up property value
>soon all niggers are bought out of their property and white people own a city again

Gentrification, to make a place more gentleman like or antinigger it

Also to ops question I like it, we just need to force all the niggers back into one or two cities in California if possible.
>>
>>72286686
I used to hate it because of the faggy hipsters.
After starting school for urban planning my opinion started to change. It does more good than harm. Since cities for the most part can't expand outward anymore the logical way to keep up with rising costs to provide public services is gentrification.
>>
NPR was doing some week long coverage about gentrification. It was usually the typical "evil whitey coming in and making our shitty neighborhoods all nice n SHEEEIITT" with niggers from all over calling about how "dey damn crackas be makin dis home too spensive i gotsa feed muh keeds n sheitt but now it's like dis house i been renting for the last 35 years is rul spensive n sheitt plus muh keeds caint even go shootin they guns all over the place cuz dose damn crackas be callin the cops n sheeit"

But there was a delicious moment of clarity when a someone called in and said he and his wife (both white) moved to some shity neighborhood in colorado. They said it was the only place they could afford, and that after they moved in, all the blacks in the area would tell them to get out, because it was their hood.

The nigress "expert" who was talking to the host of the show said that this was okay, and that whites need to stay out of "historically black areas" because black people need these safe spaces to get away from whites or something.

Literally, on the radio, she said "black areas for blacks, white areas for everyone".
>>
File: urbanlifecycle[1].gif (12 KB, 452x303) Image search: [Google]
urbanlifecycle[1].gif
12 KB, 452x303
>>72286686
>concept of "gentrification"
Gentrification is not an abstract idea or a concept, it's an unavoidable factual reality. The 'neighborhood life cycle' includes four basic phases: growth, maturity, decline and revitalization - pic related.
source - real estate appraiser
>>
File: 1365939304925.jpg (45 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1365939304925.jpg
45 KB, 480x640
>>72288912
>Africa for the Blacks
>White countries for everyone
when POC become the majority and realize they can still play the minority card, whites are going to suffer. Badly.
>>
It's fine if they want to bring in new businesses or whatever, but they better kiss the asses of the people who already lived there with a job and affordable rent. Pushing people out is Native American tier.
>>
>>72286686
Good thing, Urban renewal is on a whole, a good thing

I may dislike the hipster fucks that move into these gentrified neighborhoods but rebuilding the urban environment is a net positive

Only real problem with it is where the nigs go when they can't afford to live there anymore, if they disperse and integrate into new neighborhoods It's good but If they all just move to another neighborhood It just gets ruined like the one they came from
>>
>>72286833
Gentrification is basically when whites move back into areas that have been taken over and destroyed by niggers.
The result is that property values rise, the area becomes nicer and safer, businesses come back and niggers are forced to move out because they're all poor, welfare-leeching, criminal scumbags who can't afford to live there anymore.
>>
if women don't want to be mothers, then we'll keep shrinking and giving away out country to those that do.
>>
>>72286892
This so much.
>>
>>72286837

Even better, look at the next town over, Ocean Grove. Founded by Methodist Camp Association, it rigorously resisted modernization. Run by Christians with Christian signs and street names everywhere. And guess what?

The entire town is beautiful. No niggers. At all. All the houses, literally every house in town is a beautiful Victorian beach home.

No degenerates. Stay old fashioned, enforce traditional gender roles and religious tradition. It works.
>>
Just dont be poor seriously work hard and improve yourself its not that hard.

Wah i cant afford a house etc. Work save buy
>>
>>72286686
It's just the free market at work. Niggers should be happy someone is putting money into their community. Maybe the police will have a reason to answer their 911 calls now, and they don't have to be afraid of being killed in the crossfire of gang violence.
>>
>>72289315
Dude there are literally less whites than any other race in the world already. Whites have been a minority for a long time now.
>>
>>72290428
Official Thread Theme Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPMSvBmGQ_4
>>
its just niggers mad that when white people leave, the neighborhood goes to shit and when they come to a neighborhood it gets better.

darkies are mad that such obvious proof of their inability to be civilized human beings is allowed to exist
>>
Historic SoDoSoPa. No more blacks is awesome.
>>
>>72288440
To be fair crony capitalism is normal capitalism here now.

At least in every city I have been to long enough to notice how they do things.
>>
>>72286686
love it, and don't get the hipster hate over it. they move to experience the "realness" of ethnic communities and end up colonizing it for whites.
>a bloo bloo bloo hipster ruined that neighborhood. that used to be a crack house now its a yoga studio
>a bloo bloo bloo now theres pho and hot chicken and nice places to eat instead of a wendy's and a liquor store with the 10 inch plexiglass because tyrone was a good boy
>>
>>72286892
yeh pretty much.
>>
>>72286686
Kill a hipster, save the hood
>>
>>72293719

Fuck saving the hood, just kill hipsters.
>>
>tfw my neighborhood has been in decline since the late 80s due to all the blue collar jobs going over seas.
How long to these cycles normally take?
>>
>>72286837
>then niggers happened.
Also, the State of NJ put crazy people (all colors) in houses in Asbury Park. People who belonged in a mental institution.
>>
File: the weed got me like.jpg (84 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
the weed got me like.jpg
84 KB, 960x1280
>>72286939
What?
>>
>>72286892
/thread
>>
Hipsters are annoying and pretentious but at least they don't go around mugging, robbing, and overall being self-destructive. Plus, gentrification can break up old ghettos, which is actually beneficial to many of the Black families that move out. In the LA area, Blacks have been leaving South LA for decades and moving inland to the San Bernardino area or the deserts of SoCal. The Black population stays at around 10-15% in most of these places, which keep these areas from becoming ghettos and actually provides the Black children with a chance at upward mobility by not having to go to a ghetto, urban school.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.