[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads serious question: what will happen to all the British pensionists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Lads serious question: what will happen to all the British pensionists if the UK leaves the EU in June? I mean, will they still have health coverage? I know a group of British pensionists who live close to me and sometimes I go to have tea with them, but they are all concerned about it, that maybe if the UK leaves the EU they won't be able to get medical coverage. Besides, they are unable to vote because they're not residents in the UK. Do you know something about it?
>>
bump
>>
As far as I'm aware, they wouldn't have any medical coverage provided by the UK while ordinarily resident in Spain, so I don't think anything would change. It would be up to them to make whatever arrangements exist in Spain.

They could always come back to the UK for treatment on the NHS.
>>
>>72251434
kek
>>
File: clown.jpg (174 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
174 KB, 595x842
>>72250737

Don't worry about the Brits, Spain. You've got big enough problems with your employment crisis and gangs of anarchists lighting your streets on fire. Fuck the Brits.
>>
>>72250737
They have to pay their own medical fees, or return to the UK and actually pay tax.

The old fogies in spain are a bunch of tax dodging faggots and the sooner they all die of malaria the better
>>
>>72251491
Thank you, they are quite concerned about that, it seems there is no information regarding that aspect, I don't think they will just go back to the UK to have a treatment in case they need it, most of them are 75-85 years old. Fortunately for you, they can't vote to stay in the EU.
>>
>>72251939
Well they are good people and I can understand they stay in Spain, next to the Mediterranean sea, it's a quite comfy place, (although maybe too hot in Summer). And they pay taxes in Spain.
>>
>>72252016

We won't leave
>>
>>72252177
because Obama told you to know your place?
>>
>>72251802
>not spacestation13.jpg

you make me sad anon.
>>
>>72252170
Spanish tax is a fraction of that of British tax. I'm all for them retiring abroad (less Nissan Micras going 15mph everywhere), but I don't see why they can still claim a government pension while doing so.
>>
>>72252239

we were always voting to remain
>>
>>72252394
Maybe because they have worked their whole lives in Britain? Just asking.
>>
>>72250737

Why would Brexit affect their pensions?

Also their health coverage is covered under The European Health Insurance Card which is a EEC scheme and not a EU scheme.
>>
>>72252789
They're taking money from the government, and spending it in Spain. It's a drain on the economy. If they want that delicious government pension, they can spend it in Cornwall or Essex. Hell Gibraltar is basically Spain except the money isn't shit, why not go there?
>>
File: the adventures of Greytide Gary.png (159 KB, 497x652) Image search: [Google]
the adventures of Greytide Gary.png
159 KB, 497x652
>>72252345

I have a whole folder for The Greatest Social Experiment There Ever Was, Anon.

>>72252394

>but I don't see why they can still claim a government pension while doing so.

This might just be my inner Ignorant American speaking, but if they worked enough to earn a pension then they should get it no matter where they live. A mailing address and proper credentials should be enough.
>>
>>72253882
I meant the health covering, not the pensions
>>
>>72254197
A private pension sure, but the government pension should only be spent within the country
>>
Also thank you for your answers, I asked the autists of /brit/ on /int/ and nobody answered, so thanks for replying here at least.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.