[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other Britfags have the unpopular opinion that the Hillsborough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Hillsborough_disaster_Sun.jpg (22 KB, 170x212) Image search: [Google]
Hillsborough_disaster_Sun.jpg
22 KB, 170x212
Any other Britfags have the unpopular opinion that the Hillsborough police did nothing wrong, and this recent court verdict is just the result of decades of pressure and intimidation?
>>
OY VEY REMEMBER DA 96 GOYIM
>>
>>72242922
If the crowd hadn't mobbed the gates and jumped the barrier fences there wouldn't have been overcrowding, would there?
>>
>>72242922
Why? What is contentious about the verdict? Was there not evidence that the police doctored reports to fit their narrative.

I have no strong feelings either way btw
>>
>>72243137
I agree, I'm trying to understand how the police can get the blame for this shit when they were outnumbered by aggressive football hooligans.

>>72243192
I also have no strong feelings either way, I'm a Scotfag with no connections at all to the event. But I just can't see how the police are getting the blame.
>>
>>72243310
They got the blame because it was their job to keep everyone safe and they didn't and there was evidence of a cover up within the police service surrounding the gate. As I understand it the gate was unlocked but the police report claimed it was forced open.

Sure there were people pushing to get in without a ticket but the responsibility was with the police to protect the fans and not pevert the course of justice. Add to this the Sun's villification of the fan's without evidence and the whole scenario has a extreme emotional charge.
>>
>>72242922
t. South Yorkshire Police Constable.

>From Hillsborough to Rotherham is there anything they won't try to cover up.
>>
>>72243863
>>72244347

Just seems like the culture of blaming/ victimisation continuing.These people should've moved on witht their lives instead of dwelling on it for about 3 decades. The police didn't cause this shit, the cunts rushing in and causing the crush did. Disgraceful that peoples lives are being ruined in 2016 for actions of hooligan idiots in 1989.
>>
>>72244824
The police were meant to be controlling the crowds.
When they failed they began a campaign of disinformation to place the blame on anyone but themselves. You used that Sun front page, full of lies sent to the paper by (allegedly, though it may be reality) the police. Really makes me wonder if you are just being contrarian or you really do work for South Yorkshire Police or the Sun.

Fun fact from the inquest:
While people were dying the police stood in the middle of the pitch and formed a line to prevent a pitch invasion reaching the opposing fans.
When informed by fans on the pitch that it was an unfolding disaster and not an invasion the police stood their ground, because they hadn't received orders to move.

When the police fail to do their job properly (that is to protect people from harm) then they should face any blame they deserve.
>>
>>72244824
These people cannot move on because their close relatives were crushed and the police, by their lack off action they failed to protect the spectators. They are guilty of manslaughter. Add to this that they tried to cover up the truth to protect themselves and the average person has little sympathy with them.

>Just seems like the culture of blaming/ victimisation continuing.
There was always going to be someone attributed the blame for this. If they are guilty you cannot claim that it is the culture's fault. It seems like there is evidence that the police failed to do their job that day.
>>
>>72242922
Couldn't give less of a fuck about this if I wanted to, who cares about a bunch of football hooligans who got themselves killed 20 years ago?
>>
>>72245766

I don't follow your Bongistan sports at all, but didn't Liverpool fans murder a bunch of Italians like five years earlier? Wouldn't the police be right to suspect that the fans may be attempting to harm opposing fans again?
>>
>>72246170
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster
>>
The police may have fucked up, but the scousers need to accept some culpability. Funny how they can always remember Hillsboro but never Heysel. I was at the Palace game when they thought the league was in the bag and the scousers were up to their same old tricks, no tickets, trying to bunk in. They have a victim hood complex up there and they are never to blame.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 600x403
>>
I have the unpopular opinion that 96 wasn't enough

Hoping Sheffield Wednesday get promoted this season
>>
>>96
>>
Scouse fucks. MUH 96! Giv us der compo la!
>>
I'm sick to fucking death of hearing about it to be honest.
Get the fuck over it.
>>
>crush 96 people to death
>scousers
>nothing of value lost

Just happy it'll be out the news now until they find something new to cry victim about.
>>
No, the police (at least the upper management) and government at the time regarded the people who went to football matches as scum, much like modern left and the establishment does still today. Therefore when they fucked up royally they lied and covered it up. You're really going to side with the same police institution that covered up Rotherham?
>>
>>72248177
Muh Nasty Police -
Dindu nuffin.
>>
>>72244824
>>72243310
>>72242922
>I have no idea about this case or the details, but how could it be the police's fault?
If only there were some way you could read and learn of what happened; like THE RECENT COURT VERDICT YOU ARE CURRENTLY DISCUSSING for example...
Retardation of the charts.
>>
>>72242922
This is the same as BLM in the US but without the race element, in that it shows people who are just plain wrong forcing an unjust and undeserved political result from pure pressure.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.