[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (555 KB, 680x570) Image search: [Google]
file.png
555 KB, 680x570
>“The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged that nearly every examiner in an elite FBI forensic unit gave flawed testimony in almost all trials in which they offered evidence against criminal defendants over more than a two-decade period before 2000.”

>“Of 28 examiners with the FBI Laboratory’s microscopic hair comparison unit, 26 overstated forensic matches in ways that favored prosecutors in more than 95 percent of the 268 trials reviewed so far.”

>“the cases include those of 32 defendants sentenced to death.”

>might have led to possibly hundreds of wrongful convictions for rape, murder, and other violent crimes, dating back at least to the 1970s. In 90 percent of the cases reviewed so far, forensic examiners evidently made statements beyond the bounds of proper science. There were no scientifically accepted standards for forensic testing, yet FBI experts routinely and almost unvaryingly testified, according to the Post, “to the near-certainty of ‘matches’ of crime-scene hairs to defendants, backing their claims by citing incomplete or misleading statistics drawn from their case work.”
>>
Old news, but it still depresses me.
>>
FBI cogs just do what their manager tells them to do, the manager does what the director tells them to do, and the director does what the administration tells them to do. Everyone is an extension of the administration.
>>
File: worried.jpg (38 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
38 KB, 570x570
This is part of the reason I became anti death penalty over the years. I support the concept of the death penalty, but I don't trust the state to get it right
>>
>>72228521

When your job is to make connections you end up making connections. This is old news. Our justice system is supposed to be build to absorb it. This is also why we are never to completely trust our government. I cant even really blame the FBI they are judged on the conviction rate not how accurate they are.
>>
File: r18.jpg (70 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
r18.jpg
70 KB, 500x671
>>72228521
Flawed testimony = they said it was 100% certain when it was 95%

This is just your typical dindu-ology
>>
>>72228654
You can never be certain which is why you should always oppose the death penalty.
>>
>>72230291
>You can never be certain
Are you retarded?
>>
>>72228521
99.99% of them still belong in prison so I could care less. If one is innocent he was probably a shitty person.
>>
>>72228654
Kill them all and let god sort it out.
>>
>>72230291
>this old pile of bullshit
The actual reason the death penalty is inefficient is because it's still expensive as shit.

The state is obsessed with spending truckloads of sheckles to ensure monsters are mercifully sleepied.
>>
>>72230551
You're unlikely gonna be absolutely certain in most crimes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.