[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aging - how to stop it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16
File: 1461703584353.jpg (95 KB, 668x500) Image search: [Google]
1461703584353.jpg
95 KB, 668x500
When does the inevitable decline start?

I like to think as myself as someone who has only gotten better with age. I'm 28 and looking back at pictures of me when I was 23 it's quite shocking. We're 4 months into 2016 and I've already smashed my entire 2015 PRs for both 5K and 10K. I'm faster, stronger, and more dedicated than I've ever been in my life.

I plan on progressing for the foreseeable future but at some point father time is going to show up and it will be an uphill battle that I'll continue to fight.
>>
>>72208545
>When does the inevitable decline start?
When you let it.
>>
JUST
>>
>>72208600
Exactly. You'll look like shit if you let yourself go. Hollywood actors don't age all that bad because they have to maintain their look by not being sloppy and gain weight.
>>
It's all about testosterone. I just read its connected to everything i.e. skin tone and elasticity, hair color (low T == grey hair), muscle tone and bone density etc.

As you age you get less and less testosterone naturally so you need to use something artificial for that.

Also avoid the sun at all cost, and use sunscreen every day.
>>
File: asianaging.jpg (89 KB, 1600x480) Image search: [Google]
asianaging.jpg
89 KB, 1600x480
>>72208545
Be Asian.

Slows it down.
>>
>>72208545
25 is when your test peaks. After that it's downhill simply because your testosterone decreases. For some people it's faster, for others slower.
If you go overboard, you will definitely invite many health issues, but roiding "only slightly" as in, only supplementing a (relatively) low amount of test-e, might not be a very bad idea healthwise.
That said there's very little research into it and you might just fuck your heart in the long run.

>>72208600
>>72208702

typical faggot answer "you're as old as you feel!!" "you just have to take care of yourself!" no your hormone levels literally decline and you can't counteract it with diet, exercise as much as it declines.
>>
File: 20160406.jpg (34 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
20160406.jpg
34 KB, 480x480
>>72208751

Further proof, Japanese 27-year-old
>>
>>72208545
Don't drink, do drugs, or smoke, and you'll delay the decline that so many people go through. Look at Trump, he's 69 and he has more energy than most 20 year olds.
>>
>>72208810
>your hormone levels literally decline and you can't counteract it with diet, exercise as much as it declines.
And until that point you can strive to maintain a healthy body or give up like a worthless faggot.
>>
>>72209036
Yeah or you do what I just described and start supplementing.
Many if not all typical old-age problems come from the lack of testosterone. Weak bones, weak muscles to the point of not being to stand on your own, stuff like that.
>>
>>72208545
avoid the sun. dont drink or do drugs. dont become a fatass. dont get a haircut that accentuates any receding hairline you may have. dont let your facial hair grow.
>>
>>72209159
>dont let your facial hair grow.
What could this possibly have to do with aging gracefully?
>>
File: Brad-Pitt-Fight-Club.jpg (396 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Brad-Pitt-Fight-Club.jpg
396 KB, 2048x1365
>>72208545
Drink, drugs, smoking, diet and lack of exercise did that to him, not aging.

He's the exactly the same age, 36, as Brad Pitt in Fight Club ffs.
>>
File: martin.jpg (375 KB, 2048x1363) Image search: [Google]
martin.jpg
375 KB, 2048x1363
Marry someone with west balkan genes

I'm almost 2 meters, no health issues, all male ancestors had full hair in their 60s. We don't age
>>
>>72209159
This. Sun is huge. NEVER tan your face, apply sun screen + moisturizer to your face every day. Not smoking, doing drugs or drinking excessively is also big. If you start going bald, just get a buzz cut. Make sure you are always high test. I would even encourage men in their 40s to do a light roid cycle just for the testosterone benfits
>>
>>72209370
ye but you're ugly as fuck to begin with
>>
>>72209274
OP's pic doesnt even look bad. He doesnt have any wrinkles, its just his pale skin tone and facial fat. If he hit the gym he'd close to what you have on the left.
>>
>>72208545
That pic in the OP isn'the the result of aging. That is the result of a complete lack of self control, eating like shit, alcohol, and drugs.
>>
1.Don't get fat.
2. Take care of your skin (sunscreen, moisturize, etc).
3. GH/peptides
4. "TRT" or... just above
>>
>>72209479
Best looking people in europe.
>>
>>72208545

Biologically in your late 20s the DNA starts to degenerate. A large part of aging is just the regenerating tissues becoming worse. Your skin loses elasticity, your hair follicles die off or can't produce colour, and so on.

The only thing that works is a good diet and sunscreen, preventing sun damage from fucking up your DNA (yes, sun damage to the skin is literally charged particles destroying your DNA strings).

Once you get wrinkles the only thing that can tighten up your face (excluding poison like botox and surgery) is Retinol. Very expensive to get and may only work as a temporary fix rather than a true repair.

Confirm for yourself but I spent months researching this. As for creams in general moisturizing is good but there's no difference between a gas station level cream and high end creams. Like I said sunscreen is most important so get a moisturizer with SPF20.
>>
Be asian
>>
>>72209244
>What could this possibly have to do with aging gracefully?

Because a beard ages people 5-10 years.

Its all down hill from 30.
>>
>>72208709
>Also avoid the sun at all cost, and use sunscreen every day.

That is the path to cancer and ill health through vitamin D deficiency.
>>
>>72209508
Dude in OPs pic is the lead singer of Sum41. Nigga has hella drug problems and almost died a few years ago iirc. He's apparently doing better now tho
>>
>>72208545

I forgot to add; hormone levels are the other thing you can change, but it's not legal everywhere. If you're a man, your testosterone will drop off with age, and the results aren't just that it's harder to grow muscle, every process in your body relies on a hormonal balance and testosterone as an anti-aging cure is actually available to some.
>>
>>72208545
> HUUUUR DUUUUR "WHITE MASTER RACE"

yeah right whitey!
#blackdontcrack
#blacklivesmatter
#hillary2016
>>
>>72208545

Oh also this guy was looking like that not purely because of age, but because of alcohol.
Here's him after being sober for a year or so again (and obviously losing some weight too)

So basically stop drinking faggots, literally poison ontop of what's already mentioned
>>
>>72209472
But brah a tan is a key element to aesthetics. Seriously though being pale is ugly and neet af.
>>
>sleep 7-8 hours a day
>completely abstain from alcohol,smoking
>eat a healthy low card diet, cut back on sugar
>drink plenty of water atleast 2 Litres a day
>avoid the sun + wear spf50 sunscreen(for under 30 dollars you can buy 365 5000IU vitamin d pills)
>take multivitamins, zinc, copper, fish oil every day
>exercise every day, lift weights 3 times a week
>don't sleep on any side of your face to prevent wrinkles
>NOFAP
>an anti-aging eye balm
>moisturiser
>>
>>72209472
>>72209124
>>72208709
The more you take supplemental testosterone, the less your body will create it naturally. Bad idea.
>>
>>72209770
Nigger most people do not and cannot get nearly enough vitamin D from the sun, even if they tried, and white people literally adapted to start getting it from their diet instead of the sun because of their European environment. You should be taking a daily supplement regardless. There is literally NO excuse or benefit to get purposeful sun exposure.
>>
File: Beta-carotene-copy.jpg (21 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
Beta-carotene-copy.jpg
21 KB, 480x367
>>72209884
Most of your skin color comes from the form of vitamin A called beta-carotene that your body is storing in the skin anyways.
Tans don't fix the sickly pale look, see pic.

>>72209938
Wrong, stop spreading half-truths. Your body will stop producing any testosterone at all naturally no matter how much you supplement. You'd have to be doing a 100th of a microdose for this not to happen.
Depending on how long you supplement for, you can even however "kick" it back in gear after you stop supplementing. Eventually that stops working. People like Arnold Schwarzenegger and other Bodybuilders are on gear all year round even if they don't look like it, because their own system is dead.
The idea is to replace your own now-handicapped system by supplementing with an outside source. So it's generally irrelevant wether your own system gets fucked in the process, if you think about it, since you permanently replace it anyways.

Again, the only drawbacks here are that it's potentially very bad for your heart and you shorten your lifespan. Quality of life however can ONLY go up this way.
>>
>>72209917
I heard taking zinc is bad
>>
Why did you put a picture of Fat Mike next to the guy from Sum 41?
>>
>>72209995
>and white people literally adapted to start getting it from their diet instead of the sun because of their European environment.
You're incredibly retarded
White people are much better at absorbing Vit D due to their light skin.
It's most likely why we evolved to have light skin in the first place.

That said you're right, most people do get too little simply on the basis of not being outdoors in the sun 24/7.
>>
>>72208545

Exercise all the time and don't put on weight. Lots of age related decline comes from sitting on your ass for years and eating too much.

All of what you see in your pic is due to fat.

And like the other guys said, sunscreen. A huge amount of skin aging is caused by the sun, even on cloudy days. This is why black skin doesn't seem to age the same way as white skin.
>>
>>72209820

THIS

Nothing more degenerate than someone who consumes alcohol.
>>
>>72208545

Good lord, is that the dude from Sum 41? Looks like he didn't waste any time becoming another casualty of society.
>>
>>72209938
Take hcg post-cycle and it won't be a problem.
>>
>>72210048
>Wrong, stop spreading half-truths
What I wrote is a scientific fact, and something very important to know if they don't want this to happen...
>The idea is to replace your own now-handicapped system by supplementing with an outside source... your own system gets fucked in the process
>>
>>72208545
i would say after 20 its all downhill
>>
>>72210318
>What I wrote is a scientific fact
It's not, it's a half-truth and I elaborated on it.
You said it simply decreases your own test production when infact it fully shuts it down.
Seems like an important detail to me
>>
>>72210260
Ooooooohhhh. Severely underrated
>>
That's sum 41 pounds right there
>>
>>72208545
In everyday terms, 40s for men, but some are better at forestalling it than others.
>>
tfw 23 and still get occasional acne
when will it end
>>
>>72210058

You might have heard taking iron is bad (for men)
>>
>>72210821
On basis of oversaturation of iron in the blood?

Shouldn't be a problem if as much if you donate blood tho
>>
File: deryck-whibley-net-worth4.jpg (54 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
deryck-whibley-net-worth4.jpg
54 KB, 396x594
>>72208545
>>
>>72208545
For.me decline meant Crohn's disease at 28 and now I feel weak every now and then.

Compared with when I was healthy, though, I am more based and less overall anxious. But when anxiety gets me, it hurts really bad. So anxiety is less smeared over my daily life and concentrated in flares of mental illness that happen maybe once a month or so.

If it wasn't for that I'd be pretty cool.
And if it wasn't for Crohn I would do sports more often than not, also because now I am not a fatty cuck any more.

Eventually, I shaved my head and tried to go badass, but I really feel the clock clicking.
>>
>>72210696

kek
>>
Im already ugly with a tiny dick and Im only 23

Prolly kill myself soon
>>
High SPF sunscreen daily and being Asian
>>
>>72210821
No I heard taking too much zinc can cause hairloss
>>
>>72210882
Just when will they learn
>>
>>72211185

Hair-loss is genetic 95% of the time. In any case taking "too much" of any one supplement is detrimental.
>>
>>72209274
Damn he was toned back then, this "fight club body" really is the dream body and it's not hard to see why.
>>
>>72210916
Got crohns when i was 19, more tired, but i have no anxiety anymore, i am more calm and zen.

But it sucks that i cant be as active as i was before.
>>
>>72208545

500 mg of test every week and 4 units of quality hgh will do wonders.

Ask /fit/
>>
File: st.jpg (45 KB, 593x311) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
45 KB, 593x311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQ4giCFwDg
>>
File: au.gif (369 B, 16x11) Image search: [Google]
au.gif
369 B, 16x11
>>72211410
What a gay post.
>>
>>72208545
>both 5K and 10K
at that rate, it's your knees that will catch up with you, long before age
>>
>>72208545
40 is when you advised to allow your body to slow down. That still involves training but not attempting to beat personal bests. Not because your can't but because a portion of people will just drop dead from heart attacks etc.
>>
>>72211428
I feel for you man.
I got anxiety also for other reasons. Crohn didn't help because I was 28 and couldn't get over it, also considering my diagnosis is not straightforward.
If I only think it happened at the time I stopped being a couch potato, I cringe because now I have the will to exercise but not the body. Fuck that.

I would define myself as more zen too but, as I said... I have my moments. It is just as if I was Zen 99% of the time, but when anxiety hits me, it is sudden and quick. Then it disappears.
>>
>>72211334
>In any case taking "too much" of any one supplement is detrimental.

Actually supplements and vitamins are heavily contested. It's unsure if they do anything at all or even if they're harmful over time.

Nobody's contesting that the substances themselves aren't important, but you need to absorb them through food to be sure you're getting them.
>>
>>72208545
Excercizing and eating healthy will keep you looking younger but don't overdo it or you'll end up on disability at 40.
>>
>>72209820
tfw almost 21 and have never drank alcohol in my entire life
>>
File: 1415530306651.jpg (28 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1415530306651.jpg
28 KB, 500x414
>>72210882
isn't he like 5'7? Jesus that girl is tall. Even with the 5 inch shoes. Also why is she even wearing those? Why would someone try so hard to look taller than their partner? Thats so strange
>>
File: jhamm.jpg (125 KB, 625x466) Image search: [Google]
jhamm.jpg
125 KB, 625x466
21 year old Jon Hamm
>>
File: Jon Hamm.png (328 KB, 620x720) Image search: [Google]
Jon Hamm.png
328 KB, 620x720
>>72212246

46 year old Jon Hamm.

Go to the gym and lift and don't let yourself get fat. Only two things to ensure that every man alive can get better with age, not worse.

Women decline with age; men improve. If you go the opposite way then you failed.
>>
>>72209580
someone in the thread finally said it
>>
>>72208545
just make sure you dress and act apropriately to your age, unlike the hair of that guy in your pic
also, when you notice a physical decline, dont buy a motorcycle or anything as a drastic reaction to the start of your midlife crisis
it is inevitable that we age and die, atleast so far, so accept it
>>
>>72211632
>at that rate, it's your knees that will catch up with you, long before age

Don't heel-strike when jogging. Focus on landing on the outside of your foot. If you watch olympic distance runners closely, you'll see they never land on their heels. Always on the outside of the foot.
>>
>>72211820
>It is just as if I was Zen 99% of the time, but when anxiety hits me, it is sudden and quick. Then it disappears.

Were you an alcoholic for a while?
>>
>>72209580
Didn't have a clue who this dude is but read he became a pisshead and got fat.

Not exactly the standard aging process
>>
>mfw mum's side of the family has full heads of hair with amazing white colour like Geralt of Rivia
>mfw tall

Can't wait to look old.
>>
>>72213077
lots of drugs from fucking his back up doing punk stuff too
>>
>>72210916
>>72211428
You can actually develop Crohns disease? I thought you were born with this shit.

Are you both jewish?
>>
>>72212309
pretty solid surgery work (just subtle things on the knows and eyes) along with being fit, having a good stylist and knowing how to pose. I don't blame him or whatever, the guy makes a living being looked at.
>>
>>72208545

Be Asian. They don't start aging until they hit 70.
>>
>>72208545
I DON'T WANNA WASTE MY TIME
>>
>>72208545
>>72208600
The world is full of old geezers who think they don't "let it" happen, but they really just look like old geezers. It is what it is. You can't stop aging.

Everyone in their late-20s already looks old to little kids and mid-30s are near grandpa tier. You yourself might think you don't change a lot in a couple of years, but kids will notice your aging. I mean, when I look myself in the mirror, I don't really see it. I don't think I look THAT different now than I did in my 20s. I do, though. I'm not an old-looking guy for my age as people tend to guess I'm younger than I actually am, but they're not guessing I'm in my twenties...

I think it's a sign of maturity to accept that you age and not create a makebelieve reality. Nothing stops you from staying in good shape, but you're still aging. It's a part of life. Clinging is never a good idea.
>>
>>72212712

a lot of it is genetic disposition too.

I was a golden gloves boxer for years and i developed runner's knee. It' doesn't hinder my daily activity besides a little pain, but it does remind me i am getting older.
>>
>>72213376

He almost certainly has not had surgery. He was working as a cab driver before he got his first real job in acting (Mad Men) by which time he was already 40. Cab drivers don't tend to get plastic surgery.

Also Google pictures of him, his face hasn't changed over the years.

Always sad when people's innate jealousy issues prevent them from looking at a simple image and not immediately tearing the person down as a cheater.
>>
File: 1461209061701.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461209061701.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>72213388
this. i'm asian, 58 and still get carded regularly for cigs. feelsgoodman
>>
>>72208545
IIRC, this dude brought himself literally to the brink of death through decades of binge drinking and severe drug abuse.

You objectively have to try really, like reeeeeeaally fucking hard to achieve his level of bad aging.

As long as you're not an utter alcoholic or a fat slob, all you have to do is workout a bit and practice moderation when doing drugs and you shouldn't have it too bad.
>>
>>72212246
>>72212309
So basically don't lose your hair
>>
>>72210058
Zinc for men is bad, gives you prostate cancer.
>>
File: heels explained.jpg (104 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
heels explained.jpg
104 KB, 500x499
>>72212123

It's not about height.

Makes her ass and legs look hotter.
>>
>>72209917
>anti-ageing eye balm
calm down Bateman
>>
>>72209667
>Biologically in your late 20s the DNA starts to degenerate
Pretty weird, considering it's also the time your brain is actually done growing.

Also, nice /fit/ thread.
>>
>>72209811
>blackdontcrack
is that some US thing? Every African here ages like milk.
>>
>>72208545
This isn't aging, it's eating
>>
>>72214481
>He almost certainly has not had surgery
>American
>Actor
>almost certainly has not had surgery
You're a funny guy.
>>
running will destroy you body. stop doing it.

AS for aging. it start happening at the age of 30. the 30's are a depressing time.
>>
>>72208600
This so much, it happen a lot to people who get married or involve in a long term relationship, since most of the people care about their looks only because of the impression they give to other people, once they have a parthner they forget about their body and looks. The key here is taking your look as something only for yourselves, you need to take training and helthy alimentation as medium to self superation and not have a goal in vannity.
Sorry for the shitty english.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.