[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck burgers? I thought the whole for-profit prison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: photo.jpg (986 KB, 2308x1536) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
986 KB, 2308x1536
What the fuck burgers? I thought the whole for-profit prison thing were just a meme, but they're actually real. wtf?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrections_Corporation_of_America

>Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) is a company that owns and manages private prisons
>As of 2015, the company is the largest private corrections company in the United States. It manages more than 65 correctional and detention facilities with a capacity of more than 90,000 beds in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
>The company’s revenue in 2012 exceeded more than $1.7 billion.
>In 2012, CCA sent a letter to prison officials in 48 states, offering to buy prisons from these states in exchange for a 20-year management contract and a guaranteed occupancy rate of 90%.
>>
there is nothing inherently wrong with private prisons except that they lobby for more laws to fill their prisons
>>
>>72205049
>guaranteed occupancy rate
Strange thing to guarantee
>>
>>72205238

Niggers gonna nig
>>
>>72205238
It's not a requirement to sentence more people. It's a requirement to move those already sentenced from state run facilities to private ones.
>>
>>72205049
If they cost less than a government owned/controlled prison I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>72205049
That's an American school.
>>
File: 1449530235634.gif (655 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
1449530235634.gif
655 KB, 320x220
>>72205238
>guaranteed occupancy rate
many are horribly overcrowded
>>72205287
>>
>>72205511

aussie loses his penis to a spider, government refuses to allow us the right to defend ourselves
GET IN HERE
>>
>>72205049
i agree cannucklehead

putting a for-profit corp in charge of a correctional facility is retarded.

but housing feeding clothing and tending to our captive nigger population is getting costly

they literally can not stop themselves from doing stupid shit, and they are too dumb to avoid being captured so what are we gonna do?

the left wont let us sterilize them at birth, and we cant execute them cuz they are all retarded (literally every nigger that comes up for the death penalty is declared to have an IQ under 60, Every. Fucking. Time.)

perhaps we should buy bir tawil (the last unclaimed patch of dirt on the planet) and set it up as a penal colony, escape from new york style.
but this time we keep snake plisken out
>>
>>72205049
Before getting excited at a guaranteed occupancy rate of 90% we should ask what the occupancy rate of a not for profit prison is. Is it 90% or higher?

Then this is not a problem. The business is just asking for a guarantee that the state wont change laws that make their business unprofitable.

Also it doesn't mean that the state goes out and rounds up people just to fill the prison. It means that the state promises to pay as if the prison has a 90% occupancy at the minimum.

Keep in mind that the US population is growing so if current laws are just the amount of prisoners in the system should also grow with that population.

If your state has laws that are unjust and unfairly result in large numbers of people going to prison and you plan to change that (for example minor drugs possession) then taking a deal like this would be foolish.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x400
>>72205483
the proper term is "gladiator college"
>>
Former convict here, ama
>>
>>72205948
>former
>>
File: 0045 - nSMLDtw.png (44 KB, 404x251) Image search: [Google]
0045 - nSMLDtw.png
44 KB, 404x251
>>72205948
US one here, 4 states 8)
>>
>>72205834
It's the Nigger House.
>>
>>72205049
I want to visit this zoo.
>>
>>72205238
implying you understand what this means in context.

fuck off kid.
>>
I don't get American prisons at all tbqh, you put people in a lion's den full of murderers, and then you let them out afterwards?

Seems like a good idea.
>>
>>72206508
I'd rather go to your prisons with all the sick PS3 games and restaurant menus so I don't have to eat the same food twice in a row. Prison here is just a bunch of butt fucking niggers convincing themselves they aren't fags.
>>
>>72205049
I don't know the answer to this.... What type of prisons have the better privileges? TV, Internet, ect.
>>
>>72206630
I mean, that's the thing, I thought the punishment was being denied your freedom, not being raped by niggers.
>>
Went to jail for less than a gram of weed. Ama
>>
>>72206918
you dont get raped unless youre a sex offender or total ultra beta
>>
>>72205049
No different than any other subcontractor that does something for the government. The ideal is that they can operate the facility cheaper than the government itself can. Whether that happens is up for debate (see >>72205156)

as for the guaranteed occupancy rate, it's probably structured like a you'll-pay-for-at-least-this-much thing. Like if a company signed a contract with a cloud computing company to run 100 virtual machines on their servers in exchange for a per-VM payment, and the cloud company said "and we'll buy your existing servers as part of the bargain. But you'll always pay us for at least 90 VMs even if you don't actually run that many"

>>72206918
it's strange for how many people being denied freedom isn't a punishment. They actively don't want it in the first place.
>>
>>72205049
Long live erdogan!
>>
>>72206508

That's why our prison system is awful. The majority of people who commit a crime just go back in anyways. Also if you do any crime, no matter how small, it follows you for life; hurting your chances of getting a job which would just motivate you to do more crime.
>>
File: 1396191441267.jpg (66 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
1396191441267.jpg
66 KB, 600x530
>>72207007
>it's strange for how many people being denied freedom isn't a punishment. They actively don't want it in the first place.

Maybe it's because the outside world is worse than the prison itself.
>>
>>72207120
>Also if you do any crime, no matter how small, it follows you for life; hurting your chances of getting a job

That's the biggest problem with your system from my point of view. Why do you stigmatize felons that much? Time spent in prison is supposed to be the appropriate sentence for a crime, and after you served it you should get a legit chance for reintegrating into society. And if you deem somebody can't ever be rehabilitated because he commited too severe crimes, like mass murder or raping little kids - that's what life sentences are for.

What's the point of branding petty thieves so that they can't ever get a decent job again and are "doomed" to a life of crime? Unless you want them back in the prison system asap, which is probably the reason.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.