[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are transhumans mentally ill? >I'm actually an immortal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: transhumanism-posthuman.jpg (659 KB, 3000x1800) Image search: [Google]
transhumanism-posthuman.jpg
659 KB, 3000x1800
Are transhumans mentally ill?

>I'm actually an immortal robot
>cutting off my limbs and replacing them with prosthesis is making me stronger!
>>
Well, if it actually does make them better, what's the problem?
Let me guess, it's not wrong because of x,y,z, it's "JUST WRONG!"? Right.
>>
>>72189856
Have you ever heard the saying that goes "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"?
>>
>>72189434
>>72189856

Just EMP them
>>
>>72190205
Different issue. It could me mediated, and the biological body has it's own failings.
>>
>>72190163
>human body
>not broken
>>
>>72189434
Nah. They are like black people trying to imitate whitey. They are just jelly that robots are better.
>>
>>72190424

At least one of those failings isn't getting killed by an EMP that makes your body fail in the android war (20 years after the race war)
>>
>>72190163
Who cares about some saying. And the human body is broken. Big fucking hole in your vision which could be fixed just by inverting the vision cones, appendix that can blow up at any moment, cancer. Tons of issues.
>>
>>I'm actually words on a screen and not a person
>>letting my body atrophy as I rot in front of the monitor will make me freer!
>> virtually lobotomizing myself and inserting Jewgle in place of my own memory

you already are a transhuman. Just not the cool kind. The good goy kind.
>>
>>72190163
uh...you do know we die right?
>>
>>72190537
>Buy iHeart from Appleā„¢
>it has built-in planned obsolescence
>need to buy a new one every year or you die

The only thing you have in this world is your body and you want to give it away to the jews. Such a good shabbos goy.
>>
>>72190599
>DUDE, EMP LMAO
Yeah, no. You can make something resistant to an EMP. I guess a (pure) neutron bomb would be a fairly comparable biological equivalent of an EMP.
>>
It's pretty much all about extending the lives for the ultrarich kikes who are afraid of burning in hell.
>>
>>72190163
Go forage for your own food in the African Savannah, then. That wasn't "broke," just inferior. Same with farming assisted by domesticated animals. And subsequent farming machinery. And every aspect of human civilization.

Arguably, aging is our bodies being "broke," so why shouldn't we fix it? We are okay with fixing cancer and that's just the other side of the coin of the aging process.
>>
>>72190163
>Cancer
>Aging
>Organ failure
>Torn muscles
>Broken bones

>Not broken
>>
>>72190837

>you can make an electronic augmentation that resists EMPs

No

>>72190748

That's why we have souls
>>
>>72190163
Said the slowly rotting mushy skin sack.
>>
>>72190842
God isnt real. It is prolonging our lives so it doeznt end and be for nothing.
>>
>>72190982
See
>>72191049
>>
File: handrub.jpg (89 KB, 353x251) Image search: [Google]
handrub.jpg
89 KB, 353x251
>>72190901
Have fun running around with proprietary technology keeping you alive. Hey, at least your robot superpowers will enable you to be many times more productive so you can work nonstop to pay your kike masters for the privilege of living.
>>
>>72190163
> Everyone ever dies

> "Welp nothing broke here"
>>
File: smith_robot.jpg (139 KB, 1154x722) Image search: [Google]
smith_robot.jpg
139 KB, 1154x722
>tfw the only modification I'd opt for is a set of new, non carpal tunnel hands so I can play my drums again.
>>
>>72190982
Yes you can. Keep in mind I said resistant, not immune, which again is good enough considering that gasing or eradiating a bunch of flesh bags would be easier than producing a powerful enough EMP to destroy hardened equipment.
>>
>>72190982
It wont be electronic. You can make things emp proof.
>>
>>72191151
>THE KIKES WILL OWN YOU.
No, not necessarily. And what will you do when those "kikes" will have augmented their cunning brain then fold, and you're just a regular human?
>>
>>72191671
*ten
>>
>>72190163
I can't see UV or IR, I can't jump ten feet into the air and I can't punch a hole through a car door. Those are issues needing fixes ASAP.
>>
>>72191671
You really think many rich people who are already superior to you will be keep on the idea of sticking microchips in their head?

If anyone ever "augments" themselves, it's only going to be nuveau riche clowns (think the Joneses, when Mr. Jones gets that promotion he's been waiting for) and crazy hollywood people like Angie or Tom Cruise.
>>
File: 1460926111249.gif (2 MB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
1460926111249.gif
2 MB, 330x275
>>72191240
sorry bro.
>>
File: goddoesntreal.jpg (929 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
goddoesntreal.jpg
929 KB, 1000x800
>>72191049
>>
File: dipshit.jpg (125 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
dipshit.jpg
125 KB, 500x714
>not wanting to serve the Omnissiah
Fucking heretics.
>>
>>72191938
Why not? They are already rich, yet they keep trying to get richer. Not in human nature to "settle down".
If some group, somewhere is successful with this, they could become far better than a human in every way.
Natural selection applies at all scales eventually, and only the best will survive.
>>
We're human, we want progress, we want evolution even quicker, we want to live longer to solve more things because we're curious people
The only answer is for us to become machine since we have trouble creating AI smarter than us that can answer philosophical questions.
We just use our brains as the processor, we can solve life quicker that way.
>>
It would start off for only rich people, but then again so did cars, then when the technology advances it would trickle down in price.
>>
>>72191151
>you can work nonstop to pay your kike masters for the privilege of living.

How is this any different from now?
>>
>>72189434
>Are transhumans mentally ill?
Pretty much.
It's an anti-human death cult.
>>
>>72191151
This.
>(((((Ray Kurzweil)))))
>>
>Human vocal cords can only project their voice so far
>Invention of the telephone lets a human being project their voice much farther
>The phone is acting as a piece of technology that is extending human capabilities and by all mean making a human being better
>Nobody thinks this is playing god for very obvious reasons
>Someone implants the phone into their skin
>ZOMG THAT IS SO WRONG! YOU CAN'T USE TECHNOLOGY TO EXTEND HUMAN ABILITIES! IT IS PLAYING GOD!
Someone explain to me why it is a matter of life and death whether the phone is pressed against the ear or attached to the ear.
>>
>>72190205
>>72190837
>>72191504
What happens to the human brain if it's hit with an EMP? Your brain functions on little electric pulses.
>>
File: 1460795535529.jpg (847 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460795535529.jpg
847 KB, 1920x1080
So I'm not the only person that's been thinking about how cyberpunk it is that we now have a class of retards harming their bodies with surgery meanwhile we're in an age of spying, media subversion, terrorism, and extremism.
>>
>>72191151
I honestly believe the whole "upload" concept of scanning your brain and abandoning your flesh is a meme pushed by the Jews so that after they've wiped out all the poor people with robots and genetic engineered viruses, they can voluntarily herd all their engineers and intellectual servants into a sever farm "ghetto" and then pull the plug, liquidating them without any hassle, so they can enjoy physical biological immortality with their robot waifus forever without any stupid goyim to get in the way.
>>
>>72193354
No it doesn't, it runs on magic.
>>
>>72193002
>anti-human
The product of transhumanism would be the most distinctively human thing to walk on this planet. It would be the epitome of human engineering focused applied to humans themselves. Otherwise we are just animals with big brains.
>>
>>72193455
Science fiction serves the dual purposes of predicting and inspiring future technology.
>>
>>72193354
Well I guess you could but it would have to be very powerful. And signals in the brains are transmitted in a very different way than in a computer.
>>
>>72193154
>someone explain to me why it's a matter of life or death whether or not fags can get married when heterosexuals have already ruined marriage with divorce.
>>
>>72193580
Idiotic.
Humans are defined by their limitations.
Once those limitations are removed they cease to be human. Limitations are boundaries, like the borders of a country.

What happens to a country when it no longer has definable borders?
>>
>>72189434
>Are transhumans mentally ill?

Not necessarily but the majority are horribly stupid. They are blissfully ignorant of how technology actually works and seem to view it as magic. For one thing who in their right mind would replace their limbs with robotic ones to amplify their strength when a custom made lentiviruses that caused constitutive expression of myostatin in their muscles would achieve the same result without the body horror?
>>
File: 11th Doctor mfw wait a minute.jpg (24 KB, 736x415) Image search: [Google]
11th Doctor mfw wait a minute.jpg
24 KB, 736x415
I'd be down for some upgrades. Honestly though, I'd rather go the route of constantly replacing my organs with organic clones. About the only things I'd change is probably have something down so where my brain can regenerate damaged tissue and I can live as long as I want. (*and as long as I have replacements for the other organs.*) An alternative to that would be to get a cyber brain like on Ghost in the Shell. Also, I'd love my penis to be a fucking 12 incher flaccid, 15 erect, with the width of a coke can.
Honestly though, I'd love to become like a timelord and live as long as I want. Every time I get into a fatal situation, I'd just regenerate into a random appearance. Maybe a grandpa ass cowboy looking guy, maybe a Hollywood sex idol. However it would just be nice if all my regeneration just came out looking like myself. I don't feel comfortable dramatically changing my appearance, for better or worse. I like like looking at the same fucker I saw in the mirror before.
>>
>>72193839
That's an absurd comparison.
And human's will still have limits, just less restrictive ones.
>>
>>72193517
>>72193698
Never mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMR_T0mM7Pc
>An electromagnetic pulse (EMP), also sometimes called a transient electromagnetic disturbance, is a short burst of electromagnetic energy. Such a pulse's origination may be a natural occurrence or man-made and can occur as a radiated, electric or magnetic field or a conducted electric current, depending on the source.
>>
>>72193896
What's funny is even if this post-human shit went down, I mean sure, we'd end up getting away form a lot of mortal diseases but then we'd start facing new and different problems that the artificial replacements may face.
>>
>>72193839
Transhumans will still have limitations, they just will be far fewer.
What's better, a country with small borders or large and ever increasing borders?
>>
Inmortality needs to be outlawed, it destroys the inherent value of human life.
>>
With these upgrades, you never stood a chance
>>
>>72189434

>mentally ill

close. they are spiritually ill. They believe that they can go on living forever, colonizing the stars and playing God.

But the reality is they will die just like all of us and face justice just the same.
>>
As the dyke petbitch of a paraplegic, I'd say that robotic prosthetics would in fact make her stronger. Please don't do this, she can already hammer me into the dirt with her wheelchair.
>>
>>72194161
An empire is much better than just having a country. Unless you're the United States, which was pretty much like an empire but one by one legitimized most of their territories into states.
>>
>>72192543
Rich people also didn't get rich by being short sighted; they would immediately see the myriad of potential problems they would face. Sometimes it's not "settling", sometimes it's a calculated decision to cut your losses short. Or, in this case, more of a way to avoid undue risk.
>>
>>72191221
If no one ever dies then human evolution comes to a standstill. Although if we are able to defeat death then we logically should be able to engineer our own artificial evolution.
>>
>>72194249
LOL
>>
>>72194127
Yeah, there'll be problems, they'll just be far less fatal.
>>
>>72194249
God I wish Christ-cucks would get off /pol/
>>
>>72194072
It's only absurd to you because you lack vision and you cannot see beyond your own foolish desires.

I didn't say anything about there being no limits, clearly there are limits the laws of physics are quite definitive on that. I said HUMANS are defined by their limits, once those limits are changed the subject in need of classification will no longer be human.

The same way trannies don't get to claim that some women have penises, you don't get to claim that some humans have feathers, spines, venom glands, gills, or whatever godless alterations you would make to the human form, nor do humans dwell inside servers or microchips for that matter either.
>>
>>72190205
That's literally like saying: your point is invalid because [worst scenario] can happen to you.

What I'm saying is you're argument is analogous to this:

"You shouldn't drive a car because there's always a chance you could crash!!!"

And anyways there are faraday cages and whatnot that can protect from. EMPs quite easily
>>
>>72194332
Are you kidding? Tons of people got rich against all odds. Even with the risks involved at lease some will try it. Investing in the stock market, or starting a business has great risks, can lead to many potential issues, and a lot of people fail.
In most case, becoming really rich is a mix of very high intelligence and gambling.
>>
>>72189434
Yes, they're like trannies at this stage. Putting magnets on your balls so you can feel the Big Bang Theory is retarded. Now once tech advances to the point you can get crazy strong limbs that can feel shit or eyes that are cameras then transhumanism isn't so stupid.
>>
File: 1461544108696-pol.jpg (67 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1461544108696-pol.jpg
67 KB, 441x411
>>72189434
I have been following these people for a decade. At best they are well meaning dupes who somehow think life extension tech or enhancements--entirely developed by the military or through govt grants--will ever be given to the masses or used to improve humanity in any way. Its a laugh, but also very sad. At worst they are genocidal, anti humanist spergs of the highest fucking order. They make the xirs out there look somewhat balanced. Many are curious but dopey intellectuals and a bunch are scifi fags with superiority complexes with dreams of being part of the elite.

They are very dangerous if they get to control the narrative before this tech is 'released'
>>
human body is literally planned obsolescence
I'm leaving it behind as soon as I can, fuck nature
>>
File: 2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg (247 KB, 900x578) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg
247 KB, 900x578
>>
>>72194249
Isn't it interesting that all false religions of the world have the same basic premise in the similarities they possess to the promises made by Satan in the Garden of Eden?
There were three things he promised:
>You will not die.
>Your eyes will be opened.
>You will be as gods.
Immortality, secret knowledge and/or ability, and godhood are all fundamental aspects of every false doctrine.
With transhumanism, you will not die of old age. You will be better than human beings, able to do things and know things far beyond our current capacity. You will be one of the few chosen to be gods, transcending the singularity and conquering nature itself.
>>
>>72194161
>What's better, a country with small borders or large and ever increasing borders?

A small country with a strong identity that endures, not a country that expands to the point that it collapses under the weight of hordes of foreigners with alien cultures.
>>
>>72194717
I don't care about no longer being human. That's the point of the movement.

TRANShumanism.
>>
>>72194417
Evolution is currently not at a standstill, but going backwards.
Due to medical advancements more and more people with debilitating disorders are not only living, but reproducing.
Immortality would stop that from progressing so we could have time to take the reins of our own evolution.
>>
>>72190163

You could build a custom set of hands for any given task to equip.

That's not fixing, that is enhancement.
>>
>>72194717
Who the fuck cares, humans are shit, we're stupid, weak, selfish, and uncaring asholes.
The point is to become better than human.
>>
>>72194939
You say you are trans-human. What you are is anti-human.
Trans-human is code-word for anti-human.
>>
>>72194717
But transsexualism is pointless and measurably harmful to a society.
And fine, call them whatever the hell you want them to be, but evolution is about lineage. And eventually even in an amish paradise, whether you like it or not, humans will no longer look anything like us.
My "foolish desires" are merely that humanity survives against all odds and leaves this tiny spec of moist dust.
>>
>>72195202
Perhaps you should just kill yourself then if you find the human condition so intolerable....
>>
>tfw people forget that since the dawn of man we've been transhumanists

Anyone find any cheap and comfortable artificial hides? What material is the best? Cotton, Polyester, wool?
I also need some artificial hooves to protect my feet from the rough ground. I like the ones with the rubber that goes under your feet and the steel that covers your toe tips but I can't find them anywhere for cheap. Also I prefer my artificial hooves to be made of bovine hide and have a lacing that I can adjust to suit my feet size.

Anyone else have any good artificial ocular lenses? I heard somebody has some that are made of glass.
>>
File: Neophyte_Implants.jpg (128 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
Neophyte_Implants.jpg
128 KB, 466x700
>Replacing our natural biological instruments completely with artificial robotics
>not biologically engineering/enhancing the already existent human body with organs that make us super/transhuman without losing our humanity

It's like you fuckers want Terminators or the Men of Iron
>>
>>72195344
I'd rather live to see what we can become.
>>
>>72195326
> And eventually even in an amish paradise, whether you like it or not, humans will no longer look anything like us.

What kind of idiocy is this? What possible evolutionary pressures could exist that would alter us that drastically without driving us extinct?

>My "foolish desires" are merely that humanity survives against all odds and leaves this tiny spec of moist dust.

and my point is that your foolish desires have blinded you to the fact that humanity will not survive trans-humanism. Humanity does not survive by sending out a swarm of nano-machines into space.
>>
>>72195219
And your point is?
>>
>>72190779
Straaaawmaaan
>>
File: 1451952835567.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451952835567.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>72195593
You've already seen it.
It's the same song and dance until extinction.
Just end yourself and beat the rush, why stick around to watch a movie you hate?
>>
>ANTI-HUMAN
I am curious, could someone define a human? As far as I know, humans are a group which can produce successful offsprings.
>>
>>72195642
That trans-humanists are anti-human scum that's all.
:^)
>>
>>72195757
guess canadians aren't human then
>>
>>72195572
THIS

Humans have always been inherently trans humanist since they ever first existed.
>>
>>72189434
Yes, actually.
>>
File: What_the_Fuck.jpg (17 KB, 255x287) Image search: [Google]
What_the_Fuck.jpg
17 KB, 255x287
remember these spergs are also behind the animal personhood movement and other such memes. Most of them are fueled by the idea that human excellence in the body and mind is unfair. They, however, are foolish enough to think that this tech will be used to raise up the lowest members of society instead of being used in 90% military applications and DARPA mystery projects. Newsflash youre not getting life extension you impossibly naive wanks.
>>
>>72195572
>tfw u make a good point and the people you are arguing against will just ignore it.
>>
>>72195757
>As far as I know, humans are a group which can produce successful offsprings.
You've already fucked up Socrates, not all humans can produce offspring, let alone successful ones.
>>
>>72195584
How is there any difference?
Whether through metal, plastic, or flesh, artificial improvement is artificial improvement.
The reason most people first think of using hard technology is because it's the most common.
>>
>>72195732
>why stick around to watch a movie you hate
>implying you can't interact with reality
>implying you don't stop existing once if you leave the "movie"
>>
I don't really see a reason to do it. By the time the technology becomes available, labor and production as a whole will probably be done by automata with little human interaction anyways. How would being able to see in the dark or have super strength help me in my day to day life?
>>
>>72195871
It's amazing.
I guarantee that virtually none of these idiots have come close to approaching their human limitations let alone pushing the envelope of them.

Yet they desire more!
>>
>>72195600
The choice is to be pure and irrelevant and small, or to abandon purity and allow yourself to become something greater.
>>
>>72196029
I need to look through some walls, tiddies.
>>
>>72195732
Hey, when there's nothing else on...
>>
>>72195600
Do you have ANY grasp of evolution? Firstly, mutations will happen regardless, the only difference is that without evolutionary pressures, they wouldn't be selected out or be imposed on most of the population.
Secondly, sexual selection plays a big impact, not just you regular environmental pressures.

>humanity will not survive transhumanism
based on what?
>>
>>72195572
SOMEONE PLEASE ACTUALLY READ THIS I MADE A GOOD POINT
>>
>>72195892
You made a shitty point.
Clothing and eyeglasses are not mechanisms that transcend human limitations.

Your argument is the equivalent of claiming that a dog that takes shelter under a tree in a rainstorm to keep dry is actually "transdog".
>>
Girls with dicks are the best mates.
>>
>>72194851
This
>>
>>72196180
There is no such thing as "greater" without a human perspective to define the concept, and your entire ideology revolves around the idea of abandoning human perspective.
>>
>>72195926
That is the biological deffinition of a species Sure it may not apply at a smale scale, but a population of transhumans which could reproduce with a population of humans and make fertile offsprings would be part of the same species.
Plus, I am talking about who can reproduce, not who can't.
>>
>>72195802
That's kind of the idea. Transhumanism is about achieving posthumanity. The inherent goal of transhumanism is throwing away your humanity.
>>
>>72196360
I clearly have a much firmer grasp of evolution than you do as I recognize the fact that more species go extinct from shifting environmental pressures than survive them.

How exactly will "sexual pressure" transform humans into an entirely unrecognizable species?
>>
>>72196506
And how exactly would you know that?
>>
>>72196545
All you're doing is repeating what I've already said bro.
Trans-humans are scum that want to wipe out the human race.
>>
>>72196401
>Clothing and eyeglasses are not mechanisms that transcend human limitations
Okay, let's put you in the North Pole once with a parka and without and see if you survive both times.
>>
Other than get online, what can you do today that you couldn't do 50 years ago?
>>
>>72189434
If it extends my life i'll use it, or if its necessary to my health. Otherwise there is no point of modifying my body.
>>
File: MyGod.jpg (36 KB, 628x599) Image search: [Google]
MyGod.jpg
36 KB, 628x599
>>72196058
I think that they think they are putting themselves on some sort of list for first dibs by advocating and shilling the meme that is contingent on 'the military industrial complex (again, who owns almost all this and related new techs) just wants to help us guize!

Its the ultimate gibsmedat for human weakness DONTCHA WANNA LIVE LIKE STAR TREK PEW PEW PEW ROBOT ARMS AND SHEEEEEIIIT. I CAN JUMP HIGH TOOOOO MUH ROBOT DICK

They are weak and cant deal with inequalities of human differentiation so they fantasize about an altruistic sci fi fantasy world to save them while DIA is having fun figuring out how to use this tech to control the physical warspace for the next hundred years

transhumanist status: played yourself
>>
>>72196711
You honestly haven't put ANY thought into the philosophical ramifications of trans-humanism have you?
>>
>>72189434
robots are easier to replace, I am in support of being an android, unlike most cucks I actually enjoy life and want to live forever
>>
>/pol/ is filled with luddites

Surprise, surprise

You idiots would fear anything that isn't god or trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
>>
>>72189434
If I ever become a posthuman quasi-cyborg like in the op pic I hope I at least get a nice booty like that. I hope I get to buy a android with a nice booty like that mmmmmm
>>
>>72196812
Call people on the other side of the world with a device that fits in your pocket.
>>
>>72196805
>Those dogs found a den and snuggled up with each other so that they could survive the winter night without freezing....
>CLEARLY THEY HAVE BECOME TRANSDOG
>>
transhumanism is actually a good cover for supporting eugenics and nazi ideology, as long as you mask it correctly

you still have to control your power level, but nowhere near as much. At the drawback of becoming fedora-tier, you exchange immediate social ostracism by being able to say shit like "meh, race doesn't really matter, in 100 years parents will select the features of their babies anyways" and leave it at that.
>>
>>72197149
>trans dog
Maybe they have, and what is your problem with it?
>>
>>72196801
Man supersedes nature
Nature dictates evolution
Transhumanism is evolution controlled by man

It's the next logical step you pansy
>>
>>72197138
You could call people on the other side of the world 50 years ago. The phone being in your pocket does make it easier, yes, but you could still do it. So no.
>>
File: Heffalumps Don't Surf.jpg (194 KB, 926x863) Image search: [Google]
Heffalumps Don't Surf.jpg
194 KB, 926x863
>>72189434
>TFW played Eclipse Phase
>Now can't think of transhumanism as anything but ridiculous post-singularity anarchy and bad life choices

I'm still digging it.
>>
>>72196704
>I clearly have a much firmer grasp (...)
1-
That's an entirely different point which you didn't make before, your previous point was still bogus
2-
That's a horrible comparison. Shifting environmental condition are random. This specific change would explicitly be in favor of the organism.

>How exactly will "sexual pressure" (...)
I never said it would. You said there were not selective pressure, I just said that was untrue stating this as evidence. And while it wont alone be able to change us into an entirely different species, it could still bring about significant differences.
>>
>>72196812
put a camera in your eyesocket
go to space without being a government scientist
view normally invisible light spectra on a normal person's budget
robotic prosthetics
>>
>>72197275
Buddy, I'll break it down for you further.
If a human needs a parka to survive the arctic he has not actually transcended his limitations as a human, he has merely acted within his limitations.

A trans-human does not need a parka in the arctic or any clothes at all for that matter.
A trans-human does not need eye-glasses because a trans-human does not need eyes to see.
>>
>>72197341
>Man supersedes nature
What amusing hubris.
>>
>>72195572
>Anyone find any cheap and comfortable artificial hides? What material is the best? Cotton, Polyester, wool?
Do you rip off your skin and put the "artificial hides" on instead?
>>
>>72197536
Do you live in nature dipshit?
>>
>>72197478
You're describing slight improvements in technology, not things that couldn't be done 50 years ago.
>take pictures (with a small camera)
>space travel
>spectrometer
>wooden leg
>>
>>72189434
Long as you don't break thought cohesion when replacing organic neurons, and it's progressive (node replacement theory), it could be done.

Regrettably, at the maximum replacement rate, (one neuron, per node (11,000), per 15 minutes), we still wouldn't live long enough, decay of dna would hit us was before the 400yrs needed to maintain cohesion/consciousness, at a maximum speed.

Any faster, and you're just removing parts of the person before their brain can incorporate the replacement.
>>
>>72197427
>That's an entirely different point which you didn't make before, your previous point was still bogus

You clearly have no idea what my point was in the first place.
>>
>>72196988
Good luck getting laid after you replace your limbs with robot parts. I suppose you could forego the need to by installing a penis stimulating device as well, though. Or maybe just castrate yourself since you won't need to reproduce after you're immortal.

Besides, robot waifus can't make kids anyway.
>>
>>72197654
Yes, actually.
It's called planet earth.
>>
>>72197723
Ok, you name advancements made in the past 200 years and I'll shoot them down as improvements too.
>>
>>72197536
Well either we are part of it, and thus can escape it, or we are part of nature no matter what we do. Either way his point still stands. It's a better suited form of evolution.
>>
>>72197907
Ok. Flight.
>>
>>72197918
>It's a better suited form of evolution.
Better than what exactly and better for who?
>>
>>72197723
beat the best chess player with a computer

atlas and that robot dog
>>
>>72197723
>all vision replacement is a camera
>all vision enhancements are spectrometers
>all limb replacements are fancy peg legs
you asked what couldn't be done 50 years ago, and now you move the goalposts to things you don't deem completely original, when that isn't how technology research works
prosthetics controlled by thought was a huge advancement
get bent nigger
>>
>>72198014
It's just and improvement on walking, they both get you places, just at different rates.
>>
>>72198014
people could already glide :^) good job gliding for a really long time :^)
>>
>>72197489
Yes, he is transcending his limitations.

A parka allows you to survive in colder weather than you can without, which is "transcending limitations" by definition.

Another good example is a diving suit. A diving suit allows you to go deeper than you normally can, without having to breath. That's also "transcending limitations by definition"

Almost every technology invented helps humans "transcend limitations" in some way

"Acting within your limitation" would just mean not going to the artic or underwater

Also at what point does "transcending limitations"
>>
>>72198027
Better for our heritage. Instead of relying on a system that randomly adds mutation and brutally removes them out if they aren't suitable, and that doesn't even work properly on any sufficiently civilized species, instead humans will be able to get the best possible genetics/mechanical augmentations. Regular evolution is far more limiting and brutal.
>>
>>72197858
So did nature create that computer your typing on? Or that building you inhabit? Civilization is the departure from nature. Growing crops is the mastery of nature. We exchange freedom for comfort. Nature for civilization. If everyone was so afraid of progress, we'd never have fire.
>>
>>72197489
>>72198346

You're moving the goalposts is what I'm saying
>>
>>72198346
You didn't actually read what I wrote did you?
>>
>>72189434
we'll never be at a point of making something better then the amazing body nature and the almighty gave us what is better? living in a tin can body or having a actual human body you are connected to as a normal human with full function in peak condition? the belief that man can make something better at some point is probably a borderline belief of sickness but that is just my guess at this time.
>>
>>72198431
In what way exactly did I move the goal-posts faggot?
>>
>>72194332
>i played duce eks guys i know exactly how d afuture is gonna haben
>>
>>72189856
It's a cultural and social sickness. Probably mental too since most "trans" people end up in a mental hospital or in prison.

Most of them are just immoral and didn't have any guidance as a child, so they just do whatever makes them feel good. When their life begins to fall apart they look for excuses and decide that becoming trans is a good way to excuse all of their poor past behavior and immorality.
>>
>>72198478
How about a body that doesn't just go and die after a hundred years?
>>
>>72198442
Yes, but what you are saying doesn't make sense.

"Acting within your limitations" would just mean not putting on a parka because a parka helps you transcend limitations

Could you please explain how YOU think wearing something that, BY DEFINITION, helps expand opportunities and transcend limitations, is somehow "acting within your limitation"
>>
>>72198442
It would be better if you would define limitations. Do you physiological? Genetic? I assume you mean genetic. If both of you mean different kinds of limitations you wont go anywhere.
>>
>>72189434

Pffft, meat sacks on suicide watch.
>>
>>72198372
Trans-humans will not be our heritage anymore so than we are the heritage of Neanderthals. The fact that we carry on traces of their genetics does not change that fact that we drove them into extinction and no Neanderthal is alive today to reap the "benefits" of their extinction.
>>
>>72198419
Man is a part of nature you mong.
>>
>>72189434
Wasn't there a claim that trans people actually had the type of brain of the gender they claimed to be? E.g. a man thinks he's a woman and when they cracked his head open he actually had a female brain.
>>
File: 1459203214505.jpg (49 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1459203214505.jpg
49 KB, 403x403
>>72189434
>The year of our lord, 2016
>Not understanding that the flesh is weak.
>>
File: 1414715904294.jpg (66 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1414715904294.jpg
66 KB, 500x379
>>72198032
>things you could do
>>72198065
See above. It's a pretty simple question.
>>72198189
>>72198200
This is my point exactly. We were supposed to have flying cars and vacation bases on the moon at this point. The promise of technology does not equal delivery in reality. You're life isn't much different than your Grandfathers other than shitposting on 4chan and ordering pizza online with your smartphone. The pizza even being delivered in a vehicle that runs on gasoline, just like your Great Grandpa's 1929 Model T.

Science fiction is fun though.
>>
>>72198589
Ok, I don't disagree with you. Honestly I just feel bad for them, unlike liberals saying I hate them. Just physically changing sex doesn't seem to be working out that well.
>>
>>72198647
How is that any worse than having children?
>>
>>72198683
Not for long.
>>
>>72198506
You changed from saying "trans humanism is transcending limitations" to "trans humanism is transcending limitation but that excludes any technology we had today" to give you an advantage on why it's bad.
>>
>>72198710
this is a thread for people that speak english

>>72198759
flying cars are just cars in the air :^)
moon bases is just space travel but you don't come back :^)

you're ignoring how retarded your own argument is so you can push your fable-tier idea that being human doesn't change and we haven't changed anything since whatever your arbitrary idea of a "new" thing is

fuck off
>>
>>72198683
WERE a part of nature. And I'm not talking about controlling the weather or some shit. We live in artificially created domiciles made by man, eat food grown and processed by man, and use tools invented by man. What's natural about that?
>>
>>72189434
I want to be a robot with all my will.
>>
File: miku is displeased.gif (994 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
miku is displeased.gif
994 KB, 245x245
I'll tell you who is mentally ill: All of you Neo-Luddites who will be throwing tantrums and inciting riots in 30 years when 10% of the population are Amortal.
>>
>>72198647
It's better than nothing. It's better than loosing your heritage completely.
And again, that's inevitable, we have at best a million years before current humans no longer exist.
Also, when I mean transhumanism I don't mean
loosing your body completely. Replacing limbs, fixing genetic disorder/adding a few extra useful genes, preventing degradation of telomere, simple stuff. Genetically they would still be much closer to humans than humans are to chimps.
PLEASE, it's hard to have a useful discussion without knowing exactly what you define as no longer human. Different genetics (different to what degree?) physiology (mechanical limbs/ or maybe brain is the limit)?
>>
>>72198622
>Could you please explain how YOU think wearing something that, BY DEFINITION, helps expand opportunities and transcend limitations, is somehow "acting within your limitation"

If you are still subject to a limiting factor, you haven't actually transcended it have you?
I'll put it another way for you, maybe this time you'll understand.

The fact that I can use a winch and an electric motor to lift a three ton piece of machinery does not mean that I am a strong enough to lift a three ton piece of machinery.

No human is physically strong enough to lift three tons on his own without the use of tools, that is a human limitation.

A trans-human on the other hand COULD hypothetically lift three tons without the use of tools as it is not subject to the limitations of the human body.
>>
>>72189434

This assumes that the technology will get to the point any time soon where it will actually improve us.

That would require either really exceptional design or really exceptional complexity, as our bodies are quite well put together, AND repair themselves.
>>
>>72198759
do you mean "you" as in me or as in humans in general?
>>
>>72198856
My statement didn't change you just lack the intellectual capacity to understand what I am actually saying without having it broken down for you.
>>
>>72199025
Ants live in artificially created domiciles created by ants, eat food grown and processed by ants, and use tools created by ants.
What's natural about that?
>>
I will revisit this meme in 30 years

For now, the name of the game is growing clones of your organs

Imagine rebirthing your cells with new leases on life on limbs, tissue, organs and bones. The limit is the mind, it inevitably starts to degrade and save dor some sci fi 1:1 seamless cloning once that goes away it's gone

Best thing we can do is learn how it degrades and prevent it or even reverse it
>>
>>72198775
Children are human.
>>
>on 4chan
>transcending thousands of miles to talk to people all over the world

TRANSHUMANISM IS BAD

WE CAN'T TRANSCEND OUR LIMITS

THAT'S NOT RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>>
>>72199437
What tools do ants have? What's artificial about a dirt mound with holes in it? What food do ants grow and process? Pretty sure they scavenge familia,
>>
>>72198999
>fuck off
*tisk*tisk*tisk* those are some emotional trips. Feel free to name something you couldn't do 50 years ago anytime. If technology has changed being human so much to the point where "transhumanism" is a legitimate possibility naming (just) one shouldn't really be a problem.
>>72199320
Just name something you couldn't have done 50 years ago. It's actually a pretty simple question.
>>
This is why I'm a bioengineer in nanotechnology. Instead of making tech that replaces the human body, I design tech that compliments it like creating nano machines that live alongside our cells and allow us to heal 20x faster and can regenerate bone and muscle mass.

Prosthetic augmentation is a neat idea, but why replace a body part when you can keep it and simply enhance its functions instead of changing them?
>>
>>72199200
Trans-humanism will lead to us losing our heritage completely.

Human heritage is only valuable to humans as it is a reflection of the human condition. Creatures that are not subject to the human condition will not appreciate or understand artifacts created under the influence of the human condition.
>>
>>72198999
>this is a thread for people that speak english
omlette du fromage?
>>
>>72199812
Their entire existence will only have been possible because of us. They very much will be our heritage.
And again, define what is human. Clearly.
>>
File: eating popcorn.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
eating popcorn.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>72198759

>We were supposed to have flying cars

What are jets again?

>and vacation bases on the moon at this point

Who the FUCK would want to go on vacation to the moon?

>The pizza even being delivered in a vehicle that runs on gasoline

Unless it's a hybrid, electric car, or one of those fucking biofuel cars that are a pile of shit. You're mistaking cost efficiency with ability, which is retarded.

>>72199699

>Just name something you couldn't have done 50 years ago

Just one thing? Okay, how about using the fucking internet? How about commercial flight from New York City to Los Angeles in a few hours without stopping? Those not good enough for you?
>>
File: zpqfirea9udftajquejb.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
zpqfirea9udftajquejb.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
>>72199672
You clearly don't know enough about ants, tools, or engineering to have an opinion on the matter.
>>
>>72200043
So give me an answer
>>
>>72200005
>Their entire existence will only have been possible because of us.
Why does that matter in any way?

>And again, define what is human. Clearly.
I'm not falling for your sophistry Socrates.
>>
>>72200075
I already did.
You just lack the intellectual capacity to understand it.
>>
>>72199699
i can name a lot of things, but it seems as though you'd say i have an easier time now than i would have then instead of there being a case of outright possibility

so i'd like to propose that ease as a thing of its own rather than a property of other things

and also taking a photography with photons that were never near the object
>>
>>72200227
Avoiding the question, huh? Here I'll repeat myself.
What tools do ants have?
What's artificial about dirt with holes?
What foods do ants grow and process?

You didn't answer any of these, you just called me retarded for not knowing. Please, enlighten me.
>>
>>72200165
Why does a genetic heritage matter more?

How is it sophistry? Do you know what it is? Or simply do not know how to reply to my question?
Keep in mind that wasn't an argument, it's just that it's fucking impossible to argue if we don't even agree on what a "human" means.
Defining what you mean in a debate is sophistry? No, it's basic practice in any decent debate.
>>
>>72200038
Nope, sorry. You definitely had air travel 50 years ago.

And you couldn't even be bothered to read through the conversation, so enjoy my last reply to you.
>>72200301
>i can name a lot of things
Hmmm. But you didn't. Telling.
>>
>>72200075
Watch a documentary on ants and re-examine your perceptions of the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gIx7LXcQM
>>
File: DO IT FAGGOT.jpg (61 KB, 631x475) Image search: [Google]
DO IT FAGGOT.jpg
61 KB, 631x475
>>72200457

>You definitely had air travel 50 years ago.

Air travel that couldn't make it more than 700 miles without needing to refuel. Try again champ.

>so enjoy my last reply to you.

Oh get a load of Captain Condescension over here. Here's a tip that'll help you improve your life: End it.
>>
>>72200473
I don't have time to watch an hour documentary. Give me the short version, oh master of knowledge pertaining to ants.
>>
>>72189434
they are techno-trannies. Yes, mentally ill.
>>
>TL;DR: not a single fucking study

https://pure.knaw.nl/portal/files/515234/15106_285_swaab.pdf
>>
>>72200871
That's transexualism
>>
>>72200444
>Why does a genetic heritage matter more?
If genetic heritage doesn't matter then you may as well claim that if all of humanity committed suicide our "heritage" would be carried on by the worms that consume us.

>Defining what you mean in a debate is sophistry? No, it's basic practice in any decent debate.

Very well.
By human I mean the species homo sapiens sapiens. I'm afraid I'm not up to the task of philosophically defining what it means to be human, many wiser men than me have tried and failed since the dawn of time.

Oh and I beg your pardon, I've been calling you Socrates when I meant to call you Diogenes, I misremembered my ancient Greek philosophical anecdotes.
>>
>>72200644
>I don't have time to watch an hour documentary.
Your loss.
>>
>>72200644
He's saying that all animals shape and change the nature around them, within their limitations or capacity for adaptation.

As animals adapt in their environment, the environment also adapts a little to them. When it comes to humans, we have a really weak physical adaptation (we need clothes, fire, a lot of resources, shelter) and to combat this we have an amazing ability to shape nature and the environment around us, to reach a state of equilibrium.

Except equilibrium is a bit of a fantasy that never exists. It's really domination, every species tries to dominate it's environment, we are the only ones who can actually shape it and ourselves, our own evolution all that jazz.

It's a very seductive idea but poisonous and ultimately fatalistic and destructive.

It's like a naughty child being naughty because they can get away with it. Or a population of rats or rabbits fucks themselves into population explosion and starvation due to lack of resources. Smart people fall into this trap too and we have things like weaponized viruses and nuclear weapons, their rationalization is- knowledge is beautiful pure and important so let's find more knowledge, it's not our responsibility how you use it.

Of course philosophers have understood for thousands of years that only leads to destruction, so they more rationally try to preach a balance of equilibrium in nature, but nobody listens because it's much more fun to be creative and destructive.
>>
>>72200457
buying the parts to build a computer that can run about 8 billion calculations in a second, without exploding my wallet

seeing a random japanese artist's hot anime babe on the internet less than one hour after he finished the drawing
>>
>>72189434
The case for transhumanism isn't necessarily mentally ill. You wish to be more physically fit than you currently are, do you not? You wish to be rid of any defects you have, do you not?

Now imagine having no fear of death. Now imagine being able to alter your form however you wish. Now imagine being able to swap between multiple bodies. Etc.
>>
People will go to extraordinary lengths to put off the inevitable.
These fools are driven to mutilate themselves out of their fathomless fear of death and the unknown, oblivious to the fact that their frivolous follies only hasten the reaper.

tl;dr Them some fake-ass niggas.
Just be real.
>>
>>72195871
Dude what
>>
>>72190163
>Lose your arm
>IT'S NOT BROKEN DO NOT FIX
>>
File: 1386492244595s.jpg (7 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
1386492244595s.jpg
7 KB, 250x213
>>72201251
>other than get online
So you could be bothered to read through the conversation either? They definitely had computers 50 years ago, but I'm not gonna bother anymore.

Nite nite /pol/. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>72201102
Well I guess you could, but, eh, I guess not all are equal.

That's pointless, we already know were talking about the specie.

I am not trying to drag you down a philosophical black hole, just trying to ask you specifics.
Let me walk you through this:
1- Is changing you physiology removing your humanity?
2- Is changing you genetics removing you humanity?
3- Is changing your brain removing you humanity?
Obviously 1, 2 and 3 are already subject to change, so really it's really about how much/in what way. Specify. That's not fucking sophistry.
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (351 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
351 KB, 1200x1600
>2016
>being this ignorant and scared of impermanence
>>
>>72201556
you think having computers meant i could have done those things then?

sleep tite
>>
File: 4fb.jpg (823 KB, 1918x1920) Image search: [Google]
4fb.jpg
823 KB, 1918x1920
>all these conspiracucks honestly believe that being able to punch through steel and see for miles and have a STEEL HARD COCK makes you a puppet to the ZOG
>b-but having that power doesn't gives you more power to fight back
lmaoing @ sheeple
>>
File: unauthorized.png (661 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
unauthorized.png
661 KB, 600x450
>>72201589

>20XX
>being this ignorant and scared of apotheosis
>>
>>72201130
I'll watch it tomorrow, okay? Now please answer my questions.
>>72201219
>we are the only ones who can actually shape it and ourselves, our own evolution all that jazz.
So how am I wrong here? My original argument was "Man supersedes nature." I didn't say man invalidates nature.
>>
>>72201699
>implying we will have genitals
>implying reasonably-sized hydraulics or solenoids would give you that much power
That being said, imagine being a soldier conquering new worlds
>plug into vehicles
>survive in vacuum or any atmosphere
>>
File: spehs mehreens.jpg (46 KB, 620x443) Image search: [Google]
spehs mehreens.jpg
46 KB, 620x443
>>72201841
>That being said, imagine being a soldier conquering new worlds
For the Emperor
>>
>>72201219
do you think nuclear energy and proper understanding of viruses have brought us more harm than good?
>>
File: 1457367016686.jpg (65 KB, 789x1203) Image search: [Google]
1457367016686.jpg
65 KB, 789x1203
>>72201941
>>
File: WheelOfLife-hi-res.jpg (871 KB, 1413x1853) Image search: [Google]
WheelOfLife-hi-res.jpg
871 KB, 1413x1853
>>72201735

what has a peak has a trough

what has a beginning has an end

no need to run or fear. see it as it is.
>>
>>72199791
whats the latest news pal
>>
>>72192192
Underrated post
>>
>>72202240

For a guy pushing an ideology whose ultimate goal is to break the cycle of rebirth you sure do like sucking the cycle's dick.
>>
>>72202240
Some teachings thousands of years old based on vague concepts of "faith" or "wisdom" instead of hard evidence should dictate what technology we should use? Yeah, no.
>>
File: Gandhara_Buddha_(tnm).jpg (804 KB, 1746x2894) Image search: [Google]
Gandhara_Buddha_(tnm).jpg
804 KB, 1746x2894
>>72202353

what do you mean?

>>72202577

there is no faith in buddhism. it is all about hard evidence desu. whatever you can't prove yourself you can discard. the main thing is to see reality as it is. i'm not even a buddhist, i just think it helps to think about this.

the point i'm making is this: the underlying motivation to pursue transhumanism comes from a fear of death and an unhealthy attachment to ego. even if you could acheive it, it would be futile. you wouldn't be satisfied once you had it, and all things pass into impermanence anyway.
>>
A shitpost with over 200 replies. Why am I not surprised, /pol/? You can't help yourselves, can you.

saged and reported
>>
>>72203092
>saged
*looks at id*
nigga are you serious?
>>
File: 11665381.jpg (101 KB, 872x960) Image search: [Google]
11665381.jpg
101 KB, 872x960
>>
>>72189434
Using prosthetic limbs to fix victims of accidents or whatever is great, using them to replace your original limbs is retarded and degenerate.
>>
>>72203410

Yes

saged
>>
>>72189434
Are people that needed to be operated on mentally ill?
>I'm letting someone cut open my skin / drill through my bones / put a camera in a vein / hit me with hard radiation / etc.
>>
>>72202938
>what do you mean?

Nirvana is the state of having escaped Samsara.
>>
>>72202938
What evidence?
And then would you not be better dead? Why is a temporary existence good but permanent bad? Why would merely extending it be bad? Doesn't have to be forever.

It's not myself. Really it's about anything that is sentient.
Life is either pointless, in this case we should do the most out of it (hey at lease it's fun, or can be), and therefore stay here for as long as possible. That means we do everything we can to raise our living standard and ensure our survival, or it has a purpose, so we do everything we can to augment ourselves and learn about the universe so we can find out the purpose.

Either case does not tell us to remain stagnant, but rather to expand, learn. grow and improve as much as possible.
Or, maybe, not even care about human happiness because nobody can truly be happy and we just die out.
I don't really get the will for things to remain the same.

Also, yes better living standard will eventually mean you will get bored and want more. Although, that's not necessarily something we can't change. Boredom is basically a form of psychological homeostasis. Your physical body already does homeostasis, and it can be prevented. Prevent blood vessel dilatation, sweating, metabolism slow-down (as well as a few other things) and your body wont adapt to higher temperatures.
If you reprogram some parts of the brain, you might never get dull to pleasure either.

Sorry if my previous comment came out as a bit rude.

Also no idea why I am still commenting.
>>
>>72203989
>What evidence?
evidence that can only be discovered through personal expericene, because due to it's nature it cannot be communicated
it's called spiritual enlightenment but there is nothing supernatural about it
>>
>>72189434
If they were more effective than my original ones by a large margin, I'd do it in a flash. But they're terrible in comparison, so why would I?
>>
>>72204271

>it's called spiritual enlightenment

No, it's called an anecdote.
>>
>>72204271
That's no evidence, that's just your emotions playing tricks on you. Empirical evidence only, otherwise not interested.
>>
>>72204400
but the evidence is empirical
>>
>>72201959
Well that's a hard question to answer because I need to explain my understanding of harm and good first.

From one perspective it staved off another global war, as McNamarra realised and surely as the Soviets did since they never acted on it, a nuclear war would lead to Mutually Assured Destruction between the two superpowers of the world, so instead of billions dying, only thousands died in proxy wars between lesser nations. So nuclear weapons brought us into the greatest and most peaceful era of mankind on the aggregate that there has ever been, and primarily because of them, we have been able to develop such amazing information technology and medicines and material advancements and tentative space travel and all the rest.

From another perspective, which was the predominant shame felt by most physicists of the time period 40s, 50s, 60s and still relevant and a major opinion today, Nuclear weapons are just the first and perhaps last step in man's bumbling stumbling dancing towards ultimate self-destruction and extinction of the species. Here you have a weapon that kills in perpetuity, since it kills the land and vegetation and the air and all living things for many years to follow, it is this sortof toxic permanent death, and it was invented by good people or at least some of the best of humanity in terms of intellectual accomplishment, ingenuity, and a lot of t hem very moral, they felt the bomb would stop Hitler and they were saving the race of mankind, not only European culture and values but all of humankind from these dangerous madmen like Hitler and Stalin.

The truth is probably something like this. Icarus will never happen in practice, because the men in the position to fly the highest are also those who are most tortured about the inevitable fall. The entire human species desire for survival and self-preservation is too innate and irremovable from the consciousness of man to ever lead to such catastrophic outcomes.

We breathe.
>>
>>72190163
But we are very weak and very fragile.
>>
>>72204441
Empirical evidence is solid, tangible, physical evidence. By definition if you didn't get it by sensing your physical environment, it's can't be empirical evidence.
>>
File: d1645.png (36 KB, 605x523) Image search: [Google]
d1645.png
36 KB, 605x523
>>72204444
>that 10/10 post
>those 10/10 digits
>>
>>72190163
It's not about being broken, it's about being the most efficient. Don't you want to better yourself?

I mean sure you can stay a 400lbs /pol/ poster; but don't you prefer being a 400lbs ROBOT /pol/ poster?
>>
>>72189434
Well cutting off limbs does make you live longer.

Makes your organs work less hard, lasts a lot longer.

As long as you have replacements that don't require blood flow (aka synthetic limbs) there's really no reason not too as long as the sensory tech is good enough.
>>
>>72191151
Right? The second that they develop a way to eliminate sleep is the standard, non-overtime work week becomes 80 hours. Although some of you cucks already gladly do that.
>>
>>72201783
I would restate that life supersedes nature, since all living things want to grow in some very real and measurable sense.

Nature in this regard is more like a planetary closed loop, inert, with variable weather, geothermal, magnetic patterns, but mostly a cloudy or icey or dusty or watery world with no living things but endless cycles of renewal (or perhaps unbalanced cycles which lead to some planetary change and then new equilibrium).

We believe we need to be robotic to travel space, since the distances are so great. And being robotic is growth of a kind, so the transhomo people get married to this idea because of the prior axiom they are living and living things grow.

It seems intuitively true that if the planet is a closed system, and the solar system is another closed system, and the galaxy is a closed system, and the local cluster is a closed system that the universe itself is some probable closed system.

In this logic, life, which is constantly growing, is some weird atypical auniversal aberration, since it cannot exist in such a system for very long. It either goes extinct like so much life on this planet has, or it grows to such complexity that it can leave the planet and expand its limits to a greater system, the solar, the galactic, the local group etc.

This fits observed data, most of the universe is inhospitable to our kind of life, indeed, just outside our atmosphere is certain death for almost every organism on this planet.

Either we don't understand what life is and it can be a lot of different things, or life needs a very tricky special closed system like our planet, if our kind of life is the only kind of life chances of intelligence on a universal scale get pretty low. If you can have transient space whales made out of helium or floating iron sentient planets or quantum aliens who tunnel innately to travel any distance they desire and communicate using mathematics... then you can have anything be possible.
>>
>>72204711
well in this case it's your mind and it's deeply rooted beliefs what prevents you from realizing and experiencing it
if you break down these limitations you will see the evidence
>>
>>72194288
Explain further
>>
>>72205145
If it's just your mind, it by definition can't be empirical evidence. Not in that case, or any involving solely the mind.
>>
>>72194417
Evolution is currently kind of detrimental to the development of our species, since it filters for completely different traits than our societies would do.
>>
>>72197794
I doubt you have any idea either
>>
This thread has transhumanists arguing with religious zealots and conspiracy theorists. I feel significantly dumber after reading through it.
>>
I've fucked about 10 real transexxuals and spoken to dozens in person and online.
They are fucking crazy dude, it's really rare to find one that isn't fucked in the head.
Wanting to turn from a man to a woman or a woman to man is a mental illness and nothing more.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.