[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should All Law Enforcement Officers Have A Degree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 450x450
A negro presented today on why law enforcement needs a degree. My professor called on me to rebuke it, since I interviewed someone who's a sheriff without a degree. Apparently, since doctors and nurses have a degree, so should law enforcement, and military vets don't have enough experience for the job. Are they right /pol?
>>
just expand the police academy length and curriculum.

make it twice as long.
>>
>>72143499
No, why would we need SJW and PC police officers, and Military vets have unique experience in handling high stress situations that Police officers must face, in their line of duty.
>>
>>72143499
What do you mean by degree? you mean like a highschool diploma? or you mean an actual degree? Because cops should have at least 4 years of training before they become cops.
>>
>>72144747
But thats 4 years of not shooting criminals
>>
>>72143499
How exactly would a degree add to the skills required for a cop to do their job?
>>
>>72143499
>Apparently, since doctors and nurses have a degree, so should law enforcement, and military vets don't have enough experience for the job. Are they right /pol?

That basically means zero black cops. Only evil whitey.
>>
>>72144747
where the fuck did you pull 4 years from?
>>
>>72144747
Go ahead, start that 4 year training program right now for police officers. When people quit/retire the force and we are severely undermanned don't cry about the crime rates.

On topic, no they shouldn't be required to have a degree. Tons of degrees out there will not teach you how to deal with drug abusers, domestic abuse, being fired at, or even how to handle a firearm.

Police officers already go through an academy where they are taught these things and one of the things they are taught is to kill whoever they fire at. A degree will change nothing.

>doctors and nurses have a degree

I sure hope the people inside my body have degrees and know between a liver and kidney.
>>
Do all officers need degrees or do black people need to stop committing crime?
>>
Eh, here goes:

The entire Criminal Justice bachelor's degree was created to help make police officers more professional. It kind of works, it gives them exposure to evidence based practices and might open their minds to what happens in certain situations, but overall it turned into a cash - grab field and propoganda machine for sociologists to indoctrinate cops. It turns out though that 4 year degrees are crap and the cops didn't learn anything_ good or bad.

Now it is an over saturated field that tries to pull in corrections officers and football players. I do respect the CJ masters and phd researchers because they do good work, but the average undergraduate might as well take Phys Ed if they want to be a good cop.
>>
Yes, considering you need a degree to do anything these days.

I don't see any argument as to why they shouldn't.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.