[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Did 6 Great Ape Species Survive But Only 1 Hominid Species?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 8
File: 1430582732492.png (73 KB, 399x300) Image search: [Google]
1430582732492.png
73 KB, 399x300
My dad asked this question when I explained some circumstances surrounding Homo sapiens survival against all odds.

We know there is only one hominid species left in the world, Homo sapiens. We also know that there are only 6 other species of great apes left: 2 species of chimpanzees, 2 species of gorillas, and 2 species of orangutans. These 7 species are the last remaining in the family Hominidae.

All the other hominids besides Homo sapiens died out tens of thousands of years ago, and we believe the reason our ancestors survived is because we were more "adaptable", meaning we were not restricted to a single environment but could survive in many others. This is the reason we later spread out all over the world, and probably why we gained "sapience" and are able to contemplate these grim circumstances.

At one point, following the eruption of the Toba volcano 70,000 years ago, there were between 1,000 and 10,000 mating pairs of Homo sapiens left, though there may have been other hominid species alive at the time. My dad asked, if the hominids faced such grueling environments and all but a few died, why did the great apes fare any better? Why are there 6 extant non-human Hominidae species left, but only 1 hominid species?
>>
>>72105942
Breeded out I guess ? That's kinda how the Neanderthal disappeared. Great apes lives on different places around the world but humans went everywhere and fucked everything
>>
>>72105942
More hominids are living, anon. We just classify the races as just races, while they are actually different species. Now breed with them, goyim, you are all the same
>>
>>72105942
Humans were held back by niggers, whereas gorillas just rip niggers fucking heads off.
>>
>blacks
>indians
>whites
>japs
>korreans
>chineese

there are loads fool more than i know
>>
File: 1423917228260.png (580 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1423917228260.png
580 KB, 680x383
>>72105942
>He doesn't know about the Primordial Wars
>>
>>72105942

hominids are smart and greedy

the rest is genocide
>>
>>72106321
Spot on - also the hominid stock from Africa came up north and east in waves. Each time fucking with the previous but changed variety of the species.

This is also why abbos are the genetically most different from the rest of humanity, they got isolated for too long.

Also - we have a habit of putting things in boxes. evolution isn't a ladder, it's a gray scale.
>>
>>72106833
Abbo skull btw.
>>
>>72105942
Because liberal forces in science decided we're only one species. There's no real rule to what constitutes different species-it's a judgement call. I'd wager that the genetic differences between abos, niggers, and whites are larger the some, if not all of the genetic differences between great apes.
>>
>>72105942
Because we purified the race.

It's something that needs to be done every now and then so we don't have subhuman degenerates shambling around consuming resources and holding the rest of us back.

The difference between Man and Ape is that we understand what needs to be done for the betterment of our race.
>>
>>72106430
second post truthful post
>>
File: 1411410596423.webm (3 MB, 608x476) Image search: [Google]
1411410596423.webm
3 MB, 608x476
>>72105942
Because those Great Apes aren't in direct competition with each other whereas the Hominids were.

Great Apes don't really expand their range and right now they're being penned in but the hominids were adaptable and intelligent enough to move around seeking better living arrangements before settling anywhere and we were quite a nomadic species for quite some time, following the herds of animals to ensure year round food supply.

Likely the children of those peoples would have themselves travelled further and further afield meaning Hominid territories would have overlapped leading to direct competition and when that happens only the best survive, the rest are destroyed, assimilated or are themselves forced to move to find greener pastures.

Here, have an unknown webm.
>>
>>72105942
There are at least two surviving hominid species:
>Africans: h. sapiens mixed with unknown archaic hominids
>Non-Africans: h. sapiens mixed with neandertals, maybe denisovans

Pure h. sapiens doesn't exist anymore. And if you count the Asian theory of Asians being descended from h. erectus instead of h. sapiens, we even have 3 hominid species.
>>
>>72105942
Chimpanzees and Gorillas are hominids, a significantly number of species closely related to them went extinct. Most genres of the subfamily of Orangutans went extinct, only two species survived. I don't understand why you think the process of the human race is different.
>>
>>72107107
Actually it's recently been discovered that asians have more Denisovan DNA than whites have Neanderthal DNA.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160328133514.htm
>>
Le one race meme, are you retarded?
>>
>>72106563
+
>khoisan
>abbos
>pygmies
>>
>>72107521
Le race exists in dogs, but it doesn't,t in homosapiens lol
>>
Species are distinguished as pairs not being able to produce fertile offspring. What are considered distinct were either aborsorbed into the home sapiens or died out due to inability to be absorbed.

The homonid's had a really recent common ancestor so that didn't give much time for speciation. This was not the case of great apes.
>>
>>72107841
All the races are distinct, you retarded fuck.
>>
>>72105942
Is your dad a fucking moron?

Chance
Fitness
Geograpghy
Sexual Selection
>>
>>72106920
Yeah, there is a rule. Infertile offspring or no offspring from mating delineateso different species.
>>
>>72106936
We haven't had an issue with genocide since the 1940's. Don't understand how so many races proliferated in 70 years.
>>
>>72107905

Not in terms of speciation.
>>
>>72107941
but ligers can be fertile

we even have liligers now
>>
>>72108147
In terms of being able to reproduce is what they have in common solely.
>>
We ate them.

Just like we ate the mammoths and the sabertooths. Chimp flesh just didn't hold that same "je nais c'est quoi".
>>
>>72108155
It happened twice in a zoo. Their relatedness allowed it to happen but it is not often enough to change their classification.
>>
>>72108288
Different races of homonoids, nibs, whites, pygmies, abos, asians
>>
>>72108199
That is what makes an individual species :(
>>
>>72105942
They got married and then there were none.
>>
>>72108466
Whites didn't breed with blacks until the 1800s
>>
>>72105942
More and more DNA evidence says that we interbred with other hominid species. You could argue that they didn't die out, they were absorbed.
>>
>>72108535
Ok that is the diffinition of a species, being able to bred, this means nothing towards the racial differences obvious to all but the egalitarian, why stop looking at differences when something can breed with something else.
>>
>>72105942

>why did random chance happen

Because it's fucking random. If it didn't happen you wouldn't be here to ask stupid questions.
>>
>>72106833

Those pictures always fascinated me. I remember seeing one with Caucasian, Asian, Native American, Black, and Aborigine skulls from various angles. The features of the Caucasian, Asian, and Native American skulls were all roughly the same, with very minor differences, most notably in the chin and cheekbones. The Black skull stood out, but compared to the Aborigine skull still felt like it had a lot in common, like there was some missing skull that could fill out the slide.

The Aborigine skull, like in your picture, feels completely out of place. The forehead, eye sockets, and nasal cavity are just dramatically different. The whole skull looks elongated compared to all the others too. I know about the Denisovan thing, but the skull structure looks totally off the scale.
>>
>>72106430
This is right
>>
>2 species of chimpanzees, 2 species of gorillas, and 2 species of orangutans.
I don't think you appreciate how genetically diverse this selection is compared to early hominids, nor how quickly early hominids spread and evolved.

Why do you assume that chimpanzees fared better to begin with? How many species of chimpanzees have gone extinct before we've reached the narrow selection we currently have?
>>
>>72105942
You forgot the most important homo of all OP: yourself.
>>
File: Racial skulls.jpg (33 KB, 960x267) Image search: [Google]
Racial skulls.jpg
33 KB, 960x267
>>72108721

Found an example. The one I saw had multiple angles, but you get the idea. The Aborigine skull looks wildly different.
>>
>>72108551
Har, no.

>>72108646
Cause this thread was about species. The OP mentioned nothing of races and that doesn't relate to speciation. Unless your rhetoric requires blacks being a different species. :|
>>
>>72106430
>We just classify the races as just races, while they are actually different species
/pol/ """science"""
>>
>>72109083
Terminologies mean nothing, blacks are black and whites are white different Dna skulls genes and attributes.
>>
>>72109217
Terminology game means nothing.
>>
>>72107941
Dogs and wolves are different species though.
>>
>>72109380
But they can breed.
>>
>>72108199
>the definition of a species is the only thing they have in common
>>
>>72109002

>>72109217

/pol/ must have made that picture
>>
>>72109301
>>72109259
It's not just some "terminology" game. It's the difference between the mountain and a mole hill. Just because they're both raised surfaces, that doesn't mean they're the same.

No one on /pol/ is going to deny that there are distinct genetic differences between nigs, abos,and caucs. But these differences aren't particularly profound in the grand scope of biology and genetics. There really isn't any suitable definition of "species" that could really be created to qualify the separations between races.
>>
>>72109480
My point exactly.
>>
>>72109533
If they can breed across multiple generations and still maintain fertile offspring, it's a single species. They're still difference races, but they're not different species.
>>
>>72109002
I'm curious, are there interacial white-aboriginal couples? That would be fun to watch.
>>
That's a stupid question, it's due to fate, circunstances are kinda random and overwelming so one specie might not make it when a deviant of itself got better genetics and is everywhere.

hominids are not a specialiced creatures, so there wasn't compettion against sapiens, the rest got breed out.

Genes preservation might have took a huge part when mixing tho.
>>
>>72109380
>Dogs and wolves are different species though.
The dog is a subspecies of grey wolf, not a separate species
>>
>>72109554
Says you the grand differences are observed just as you observe gorillas differences and don,t assume absolute equality because they are mammals.
>>
>>72109380
Actually, that depends on who you ask.

Most scientists classify Dogs as a subspecies of wolves.
>>
>>72109217
>We just classify the races as just races, while they are actually different species
Species is bogus concept as there's several different species that are able to interbreed while producing viable offspring, there's also several different species with lower genetic distance than the known genetic distance among 'human races'.
>>
>>72109690
Can you please rephrase this, but without the broken english?
>>
>>72109690
I see extreme differences between whites and blacks, for example blacks have different skulls and organs,skeletons.
>>
>>72109785
One shared attribute doesn't mean absolute equality,whites are absolutely unique just as are blacks.
>>
>>72109744
>Species is bogus concept as there's several different species that are able to interbreed while producing viable offspring
What you're discussing is more of an argument between phylogeneticists and taxonomists. There's several difference species of speciation. These include infertility, geographic isolation, niche occupation, and genetic differences.

That doesn't mean that the concept of species is completely bogus; it means that it's not concrete. Blue and Red don't cease to exist just because you can create purple.
>>
>>72109980
Terminologies don't hold more meaning than what is observed.
>>
>>72109977
Being able to interbreed is not just "one shared attribute". There are estimates of being roughly 8.7 million species on the planet. Do you realize just how hard it actually is for organisms to find something to fuck?
>>
File: dingo_wideweb__430x364.jpg (35 KB, 430x364) Image search: [Google]
dingo_wideweb__430x364.jpg
35 KB, 430x364
>>72109663

How can white fella even compete.
>>
>>72110088
Even in the broadest, loosest definitions of species, there still isn't anything that accounts for the differences in race.
>>
>>72110154
Meaningless to the context of what we are discussing, all humans share a common ancestor with gorillas,I suppose so long as gorillas live on everything will be fine and humans should cease to exist.
>>
>>72109259
If terminologies mean nothing then your post reads as such.

"Nothing mean nothing, nothing are nothing and nothing are nothing different Nothing nothing nothing and nothing."
>>72109588
canis familiaris are considered a subspecies of canis lupus. Grey wolves are also a subspecies of canis lupus.

What distinguishes a sub species is usually if they feel like like it.
>>
It's called survival of the fittest

Humans are Homo sapiens, we are of the hominid family, we survived because we beat them, humans were adapted for survival almost anywhere, while most hominids are adapted at surviving at their specialized locations, we outclass them

We are like them, so wherever we are, we must think the same, we hunted the same food, did the same thing, but we adapted to our location, we start to outclass them and drove them to extinct

Evolution is not a process, it's a game, a game of cunning wits and survival
They lost and we won, this is true for all forms of life in the universe
Everything is just a game, and we'e here to win
>>
>>72110299
wat
>>
>>72110242
Termini logins are invented, differences exist, significant, it doesn't matter how many lines of siminilarity terminologies you invent.
>>
>>72110367
What is the importance of reproduction?
>>
>>72110436
What does being able to reproduce with something hold significance?
>>
File: Front Cover.gif (71 KB, 504x652) Image search: [Google]
Front Cover.gif
71 KB, 504x652
>>72105942
>But Only 1 Hominid Species

Not only 1.

Niggers and abos are different hominid species. They are not human.
>>
File: 1350955608206.jpg (7 KB, 251x183) Image search: [Google]
1350955608206.jpg
7 KB, 251x183
>>72110380
I didn't invent mulattoes, man. They exist whether I create words to define them or not.
>>
>>72110589
Exactly.
>>
>>72110436
>>72110545
It's a strong indicator of genetic similarity and determines whether or not a population will continue existing.

Social structures and feats don't really fit into biology. A lot of what you're concerned with falls more into the sociological perspectives.
>>
>>72110561
What are Jews? I mean, they lay eggs, right? They can't be mammals unless they're monotremes or some other retarded shit.
>>
>>72110693
... are you well?
>>
Hominids killed and racemixed eachother into one singular population.
>>
>>72110707
Will continue to what? Maintain genetic similatiries?
>>
>>72105942

Brit please, you see homo erectus walk around your neighborhood cruising for easy bikes to steal every day.
>>
>>72110748
Jews just have the highest neanderthal gene percentage and they preserve it.
>>
>>72110832
That's a rhetorical question. I don't know what you're trying to actually ask or get at.
>>
>>72109980
>That doesn't mean that the concept of species is completely bogus
Not completely bogus but very imperfect as used currently, genetic distance should be the main attribute to determine different species with taxonomy at seccond place.
>is more of an argument between phylogeneticists and taxonomists
I Agree
>>
>>72111044
Why reproduce, 99% of your dna shared with bonobos, the great ape race will live on.
>>
>>72105942
Because there haven't been enough time to develop enough biological differences.
Speciation takes millions of years of isolation.
Closest we came to that was with Neanderthal (200 thousand year )
>>
>>72111046
>genetic distance should be the main attribute to determine different species
But there's a lot more to it than just that. Subtle genetic differences can create drastic genetic incompatibilities in a relatively short species of time, which is precisely why we have cases where genetically similar organisms that have only single-allele differences.

You still need to see how these genes are expressed to get an overall perspective of how selective pressures are acting on an organism. If you're only looking at genetics, you lose all meaning.
>>
>>72111341
Significant biological differences already exist.
>>
>>72111312
>the great ape race will live on.
What species definition are you using to qualify humans and bonobos as the same species?
>>
>>72111312
Preserving humans holds no meaning when everything we have is just socioeconomic all.
>>
>>72111424
"Significant" is a statistical word and has a very specific use in science.

Don't use it unless you know what you're saying.
>>
>>72111461
The great ape family, we all share ancestors.
>>
>>72111508
Are you schizophrenic?
>>
>>72106430
This is true, it's sad how this is somehow considered taboo knowledge
>>
>>72111542
That doesn't answer my question.

Family and species are different taxa.
>>
>>72111528
A word used by all scientists except egalitarian ones.
>>
>>72111312
>implying common chimpanzees won't wipe out bonobos within the next century
>>
>>72111629
I'm serious.

Are you schizophrenic?
>>
>>72111508
Reason apes haven't gone to the moon is cultural.
>>
>>72111424
Speciation as in the biological differences are so distinguishable that the offspring created from the two are either not fertile (ligers) or impossible all together.
>>
Fuck those cannineggers great apes master family group!
>>
>>72111705
Are you using a cultural achievement from 60 years ago to define genetic process that took 200,000 years accumulate?
>>
>>72111754
Yes species is ability to reproduce.
>>
>>72106321
Different species cant breed and produce fertile offsprings.

Neanderthals was a subspecies.

They're homo sapiens, but not sapiens sapiens
>>
>>72111821
Exactly give apes 200k more years they will reach the stars, just a simple time gap we all are great apes, come from africa all of us.
>>
>>72111424
There has not been enough time.We have a genetic bottleneck 50 thousand years ago.
What you would say "significant" must be accumulated biological differences that effects reproduction in a way.
>>
>>72111840

What a fucking autist.

I suspect you have around 60 IQ.

I can't believe I read all of this shit.

If you think that being able to breed and reproduce is not enough, then say what the definition of "species" should be. But I suggest stop being an autist and just equate "race" with "subspecies"
>>
>>72111821
I attribute the skulls of Europeans and their Dan to strictly European inventions and achievements.
>>
>>72112092
I don't care about terminology I never argued that I can't fuck a boon and have an abomination spawn.
>>
>>72107841
>offspring
the black wildebeest, or white-tailed gnu, and the blue wildebeest, or brindled gnu are two different species and still can hybridize with fertile offspring.
>>
Reproduction holds little meaning.
>>
because we killed all the other ones
also
>other races arent considered different species of the same animal because dats raycis
>>
>>72106833
>This is also why abbos are the genetically most different from the rest of humanity, they got isolated for too long.
That's wrong, negroes are the most different.

Hence why abbo genes are recessive. Because they split from the hominids that came OUT of Africa.
>>
>>72111873
They were on their way to become another species.The breeding between homo sapiens and Neanderthals we're minimal.Only a few percent of our DNA is shared.
This is because the offspring of a Neanderthal man and sapien woman wasn't liable so the exchange was between a sapien man and Neanderthal woman.
This is from memory so there must be better informed individuals here
>>
>>72105942
>>>/sci/
>>
>>72111414
>>72111414
>You still need to see how these genes are expressed to get an overall perspective of how selective pressures are acting on an organism.
I disagree, new mutations may be early signs of speciation or even relativelly new environmental changes, making it great tool to define new species or even predict the rising of new ones, DNA is also proxy for not only taxonomy but also behavior, another key factor used to define species.
>>
>>72112183

If your abomination spawn can breed and reproduce with humans then yes, the boon would be part of the same species.

>I don't care about terminology

Then why the fuck are you speaking, stop using the written word to communicate
>>
>>72109663
>I'm curious, are there interacial white-aboriginal couples? That would be fun to watch.

Oi cunt. That's me you're talking about.

>RECESSIVE GENES

That is all. Because I wouldn't have got the grades I got if I were full blood (well in the past anyway, now with all this affirmative action a normal boong could be a doctor)
>>
>>72106957
>>72108747
>>72111605
Species are defined by being able to make fertile offspring easily. Even a white and an abbo can have viable kids.
>>
>>72105942
Homo sapiens
Homo asiaticus
Homo africanus
Homo africanus pygmiensis
Homo australianus

I countvat least five.
>>
>>72112575
Species means reproduction, yes.
>>
>We know there is only one hominid species left in the world

>blacks
>whites
>hispanics
>arabs
>chinese and alike
>one hominid specie survived

sure
>>
>>72112641
This, different homo races defines by physiological and observable differences.
>>
>>72112637
Nature shows several exceptions even modern human being is product of such exception.
>>
>>72110852
Swing and a miss. Jewish intelligence is a recent evolutionary result of their tight-knit society. Jews 2000 years ago were as dumb as any other semitic people.
>>
>>72112766
Humans can all make viable children, subspecies would be far more appropriate. And the genetic variation within the human population is actually small compared to many species, due to the genetic bottleneck we had not very long ago.

>>72112793
We have almost no mitochondrial DNA from neanderthals, which suggests only sapiens female, neanderthal male offspring were possible/viable.
>>
>>72112996
Jews intellig nice has no observable features of other than being good manipulators and foreigners in other races countries.
>>
>>72113073
Species is reproduction races are differences.
>>
ITT:

Polar bears and Grizzly bears are the same animal, only different colors
>>
>>72113129
>Species is reproduction races are differences.
Yes exactly. All humans can reproduce with one another easily and so we are one single species.
Now you can argue abbos are different enough to be a subspecies etc if you like, I'm no expert there.
>>
Very simply, blacks have different skulls and brain sizes, not the same and wanting to preserve your genes is a biological purpose.
>>
>>72110216
Shame, she's cute
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.