[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any validity to this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: descartes idiots.jpg (161 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
descartes idiots.jpg
161 KB, 736x460
Any validity to this?
>>
Yes, source: >>>/pol/catalog
>>
Picture is moliere
>>
>>72060361
>this will go over /pol/'s head

Yep, Descartes was a smart guy, he knew what he was talking about.
>>
>>72060361
That's Voltaire, though.
>>
>>72060361
fuck off kike
>>
File: hope for the future.jpg (117 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
hope for the future.jpg
117 KB, 640x444
>>72060361
>>72060434

>XDDDDD
>/pol/ is dummbbb
>amiright?? plz upboat!!

Kill yourselves, faggots.
/pol/ is not satire, and we're rising.
>>
>>72060590
>>72060668
>Actual idiots
>>
Thats Rousseau though.
>>
>>72060484
???
>>
File: Bane.gif (728 KB, 245x192) Image search: [Google]
Bane.gif
728 KB, 245x192
>>72060668
We're influential, sure, but it doesn't mean a lot of us aren't dumb and/or shitpost constantly.
>>
File: 328519519024.png (441 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
328519519024.png
441 KB, 500x494
>>72060668
>>
File: Bunka in Bed.png (853 KB, 2600x1800) Image search: [Google]
Bunka in Bed.png
853 KB, 2600x1800
>>72060668
Lemme guess, you're the vanguard of everything that's not degenerate, jewish, and/or nonwhite, right?
>>
>>72060523
>me so smart. Me understand words good
>>
>>72060361

I liken this to the slippery slope non-fallacy. Say you have a homogenous, virtuous population. Over time, the artists push the boundaries of their traditions and acceptable behavior. At first the changes are novel and appealing, but over time the limits are pushed, but they're "harmless" and perhaps under the guise of free speech, they are tolerated.

This is where the original populatiom with their traditions begin to part way with the progressives, but they can still mostly interact with each other. Given enough time, however, and many generations of "progress", the two (or more) groups will no longer recognize each other, and eventually they will be unable to tolerate each other, and then conflict is inevitable.

So you could say our modern day progressives are a bunch of idiot because they have been so far removed from the stark realities of the world that they can't see why their ideals are retarded.
>>
>>72061604
Good insight. But conspicuous disdain for tradition is only the coup-de-grace that the Left has inflicted on Western society since 1968 or so; the long-term trend is a virtue-signalling spiral that was started by the Protestant Reformation.

If you enjoy thinking about these kind of things I wholeheartedly recommend that you read Moldbug and blog.jim.com, if you haven't already.
>>
>>72060484

Idiot. That's Rabelais
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.