[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
President thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Muh railroads.jpg (494 KB, 1332x1644) Image search: [Google]
Muh railroads.jpg
494 KB, 1332x1644
So, was he actually a bad president? Sure he started the civil war but atleast he held the union together right? Surely that is worth something.
>>
>>71980511
How this guy is celebrated but Hitler is condemned?
>>
>>71981321
>Lincoln saved the Union
>Hitler drag Germany into many wars

For starters.
>>
>>71980511

Yes he was a bad President.

He jailed reporters and political opponents, violated the Constitution, approved of total war against the South and supported war criminals, goaded the South into attacking Sumter, and the list goes on.

He was an asshole who didn't want to go down in history as the President who lost the union. And he was willing to kill a fuckload of people to protect his pride.
>>
>>71980511
Only reason he's hailed as the best president by Normie's is because muh slaves. Without it he would be as forgettable as Polk.
>>
>>71981677
All those things being taken into consideration it would be very easy for me to label him one of the worst presidents but, the union was intact after him, there were threats of the south seceding long before he came into office, while how he kept the south in the union was cruel and he should be condemned, I prefer my country to be intact.
>>
>>71981677
>>71982063

And the eternal debate continues
>>
>>71982063

That is because you are a nationalist and don't value liberty.
>>
No, he's among our greatest. If you don't know why, you're a retard.
>>
As a southerner I consider him a good president in the way of Churchill. He made a decision (to retain the southern states) and did everything he could to achieve that objective. Not half hearted token measures, not fight for tolerable outcome, but complete and total victory being the only goal. Many leaders do that exact thing in attempts to looking for a safe outcome without committing to anything, and end up achieving nothing.

The South's independence is another matter imo, and was a subjective decision.
>>
>>71980511
No. Anyone who thinks he was a bad president doesn't know anything about the man. Without him there wouldn't be the USA or Confederation, the entiriety of North America would've destabalized.

>If je could preserve the Union by outlawing slavery, then he would've
>if he could preserve the Union and allow slavery, he would've as well.
>>
>>71984404

He farted around for the first year of the war being frustrated by reality.

Probably got more and more pissed off during this time and decided to go all in once he had the right General.

I think it was after that first year that he became fully invested emotionally.
>>
>>71981953
wew lad that second '
>>
>>71981321
lmao gr8 troll m8
>>
>lincoln started the civil war by catapulting fort sumter into the southern cannons

The traitorous Southrons, men who chained other men up as cattle and lived off their misery, had to be crushed. Lincoln's only mistake was showing them an ounce of mercy.
>>
>>71980511
I have a feeling if the countries were split SJW's would be stuck in the north and the south would be a /pol/ paradise.
>>
>>71985108
Kek, Lincoln was completely sympathetic to their cause, he just knew rule from the South would destroy the country. He hated black people, and he didn't really care as much about slavery as some people, who refuse to read about him, think.
>>
>>71985118

They'd be stuck in allied city-states and the rest of us would be better for it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.