[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your take on restricting who is allowed to vote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: o-VOTE-facebook.jpg (431 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-VOTE-facebook.jpg
431 KB, 2000x1000
What's your take on restricting who is allowed to vote?

Here are some possible examples:
>No vote for convicted criminals
>No vote for illiterates / high school dropouts
>No vote for those who can't name the last 5 leaders of the country (President, Prime Minister, etc.)
>Etc, etc...

Is it too much of a slippery slope?
What restrictions would you want to see, if any?
>>
No one should be allowed to control the lives of everyone else.
>>
>>71970692
>No one should be allowed to control the lives of everyone else.
What does that mean?
Anarchy?
>>
>>71970593
No minorities, no felons, no women
Only White, Male, Property Owners
>>
No vote for people that can't produce a single form of government issued identification.
>>
>>71970593
Anyone can be convicted of some crime under the current legal system. Too easy to abuse.
>>
>>71970692
So voters shouldn't control who gets into office?
>>
>>71972838
I think he means the people who get into office shouldn't control the voters.
>>
>>71972778
Ok, how about no felons?
>>
File: 1461115459916.jpg (133 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
1461115459916.jpg
133 KB, 1080x1349
>>71970593
Male taxpayers
>>
>>71970593
It'll never work.
Eventually politicians will expand the franchise in the hopes of winning the new votes.
>>
>>71970593

While they are imprisoned no, but if they get let out and are successfully introduced back into society then yes.
>No vote for illiterates / high school dropouts
No, since it will be up to the current Government to decide what "literate" means.
>No vote for those who can't name the last 5 leaders of the country
You could literally google it. Besides here we sometimes have Prime Ministers for a decade at a time, meaning they'd have to go back 40 years or some shit.
>>
>>71970593
I don't think we should limit who gets to vote. Be it a criminal or someone who can't name previous leaders. That's a little silly anon.

Maybe only citizens of said nation can vote but thats pushing it.
>>
>>71973057
>You could literally google it.
You'd have several dozen questions, all relatively easy. Having to do with historical facts about your nation. If they are willing to "study" on Google, then they're worthy of voting in my mind anyway.

You'd be surprised how many people (in America, for example) would get questions wrong like:
>What was the name of the last President's wife?
>When did America declare independence?
>Who were the second and third US Presidents?
>>
No votes for anyone that can't provide government issued ID.

No vote for people who don't speak English.

No vote for anyone under the age of 25 desu senpai
>>
>>71973345
>Maybe only citizens of said nation can vote but thats pushing it.
Nice try Australia, but you were too obvious with that one.
>>
>>71972748
This would be perfectly fine by me, and should be just as fine with everyone else, hell be nice and even accept expired ones so they can't say we're being mean to the poor who somehow can't afford the $30 to get a required ID.
>>
>>71973630
>No vote for anyone under the age of 25
Hardly anyone under 25 votes anyway, so sure why not?
>>
One tax dollar=one vote

The people who contribute should be the ones deciding what to do with it.
>>
>>71973575
Nobody gives a shit about the president's wife, and the other two questions you provided might seem simple but not knowing them doesn't necessarily mean you're retarded, just that you aren't very interested in history. Which shouldn't be a disqualification from voting.
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF
>>
>>71970593
Just use the Rhodesian system
>>
>>71970593
women's suffrage is a mistake
>>
>>71973772
Sure, it's literally trivia. Maybe you get two questions and only need to get one right.

This is to stop people who are too uneducated/too stupid to have common knowledge from voting.
>>
You have to pass a citizenship test like what naturalized immigrants have to pass, with requirements to re-take the test every 2-4 years. The test would be a big beautiful test that you couldn't just memorize the day of like a driving testing, too.
>>
>>71972676
>This has proven the most beneficial to every demographic in any place with diversity.
>>
>>71973729
Yeah that's pretty much my point. Plus it virtually eliminates retarded college-age pseudo-intellectual SJWs from poisoning elections.
>>
>>71974188
It has? Example?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.