[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Americans complaining that foreigners don't speak English
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: american pool party.jpg (342 KB, 1280x1020) Image search: [Google]
american pool party.jpg
342 KB, 1280x1020
>Americans complaining that foreigners don't speak English
>doesn't actually have an official language at the federal level

Hey buddy, I know you want to build that wall and whatnot, but you might want to get working on this, too.
>>
>>71969469
The United States Constitution is written in English.
>>
>>71969636
/thread
>>
>>71969636
And does it say that English is the official language of the United States?
>>
>>71969469
>>71969772

>all this shitposting

Don't you have a refugee meet & greet or something?
>>
look at the flag
>>
>>71969469
And we will still be talking American way after you country degenerates into some Chinese/Arabic gibberish.

So keep wasting your life with this shit.
It's not like you will ever be worth anything, anyway.
>>
>>71969469
>canada still failing at shitposting
>>
>>71970425
English and French are protected by our constitution.

You're more vulnerable as we all know the demographic forecast of your country.
>>
Fucking leaves man, almost as bad as those goddamn Australians.
>>
>>71969907
>>71970580
It's not shitposting. This is a seasonal topic in American politics.
>>
>>71970638
>He thinks their constitution will protect their languages.
>He thinks Weedman won't get rid of those protections because they're racist against refugees.
>>
>>71969636
No one alive has speech patterns that follows the authors of the Constitution. The Modern American might as well be a complete Foreigner to the Original Founding Fathers. Contemporary Americans can't even interpret it properly. Heck, crazy gun nuts still actually believe the Second Amendment is about them and not the militia. That's how separate Americans are to its Founders.
>>
>>71970923
And yet, the Supreme Court of the United States still upholds its relevance and counter position to some shitty canuck on /pol/.
>>
>>71969907
you deserve a peso, alliado mexibro
>>
>>71971358
And yet, your politicians bring this issue up time and time again. Even in this election cycle, you had Republicans arguing about this. So it's not just "some shitty canuck" bringing this up.

I don't see why you're so deeply offended.
>>
>>71970923
Yeah, it sure does only apply to the militia.

And that militia is called "The American People"

of course, you wouldn't really know anything much about our culture, leaf, considering you still sucked British cock for the next 100 years after our revolution.
>>
File: JohnFKennedy-2nd-Amendment.jpg (56 KB, 604x335) Image search: [Google]
JohnFKennedy-2nd-Amendment.jpg
56 KB, 604x335
>>71972135
I'm offended that tards like yourself and the left are so insistent on rewriting history and corrupting a very clear part of the US constitution. Just look at the history of legislation around owning arms, there was practically NOTHING until 1934. Isn't it interesting that the further back you go (meaning the closer our language represented the writing in the constitution), there is no controversy about its meaning? It's only now that people claim it means something different, claiming it was always a misunderstanding. Absolutely retarded.
>>
>>71974415
I never said anything about the 2nd Amendment. This thread is about the lack of an official language at the federal level, which Republicans have considered time and time again. The Constitution being written in English does not explicitly make it the official language.

The fact that several states have English as an official language only serves to prove my point (i.e. Why would they need to do that if the Constitution explicitly states that English is the official language?).

Again, I think constitutionally protecting English as the official language is a prudent move. Perhaps it's impractical for legal reasons, but, again, considering the demographic shift in your country, maybe it's something to consider.

So please, read carefully before you respond. And check poster IDs.
>>
File: image.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1044
>>71969469
>>
>>71969469

Stop duty free shopping in my country maplenigger.
>>
>>71969636
You mean Englifh?
>>
>>71970749
Worse
>>
>>71976312
beat me to it.
>>
>>71971358
Yeah they do. Crazy, isn't it? "We have determined how the 18th century mens' words can be construed to apply to e-mail and cyber crime, and 100-round per minute firearms and..." Yeah, right.
>>
>Lives their life by what "happens at the federal level" of government.

Wew, comrade
>>
File: Second.jpg (137 KB, 504x825) Image search: [Google]
Second.jpg
137 KB, 504x825
>>71970923
>>71972135
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Is English your first language? There are two clauses. These are generally referred to as the “prefatory” and the “operative” clauses. The prefatory clause sets the table and lays out the driving purpose, and the operative clause gets the actual work done. What I posted was the operative clause.
>>
>>71970846
Listen, if you ever want to be like australia, you're either going to have to be way more subtle, or you'll have to be way more blatant.

Either way, you need to try harder.
>>
>>71969469
>the chinese guy is pissed we want to speak english
>>
>>71970749
At least Australians put effort into theirs m8
>>
>>71970923
Holy shit you're stupid.
>>
>>71969907
you can come over our wall anytime
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.